Gemshop Outfits, Shoulder @___@

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: moony.5780

moony.5780

It would be nice if the shoulder of gemshop outfits can be hidden…just like the head piece…some outfits look nicer without…and also it makes everyone not look the same while having the outfit

for me i like so many outfits..but dont want to have them bcs of their shoulder piece

Attachments:

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

The shoulders are an integrated part of the outfits design- it is not coded to be removable as the whole outift (apart from the headpiece) is one single model.

A lot of people want outfit pieces to be mix and match- the same problem applies here.

Posted by: moony.5780

moony.5780

but much more people would buy the outfits if it were possibe so..more money for a-net

Posted by: PetboyJoshua.3108

PetboyJoshua.3108

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Hide-option-for-pauldrons-please-Outfits
Someone there even posted how some outfit would look without the shoulder part. :p

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I don’t actually get the purpose of outfits. I’ve seen several that I liked pieces of, but was stuck with the entire thing. Also, the inability to use other headpieces, like glasses, kind of kills them for me.

They feel like very limited version of skins. It makes me so sad to see something awesome hit the gem store only to find out that it is an outfit

Posted by: Hearte.6852

Hearte.6852

I don’t actually get the purpose of outfits. I’ve seen several that I liked pieces of, but was stuck with the entire thing. Also, the inability to use other headpieces, like glasses, kind of kills them for me.

They feel like very limited version of skins. It makes me so sad to see something awesome hit the gem store only to find out that it is an outfit

Bingo. I haven’t purchased on outfit since the Mad King costume, and that was before it was an outfit. The moment Anet makes outfits available as armor sets, I’ll buy every single one.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

and also it makes everyone not look the same while having the outfit

That is the trade off with outfits. You get a set you can use endlessly without the use of transmutation charges but you lose all forms of customization. I prefer armor sets over outfits and I vote with my wallet by not ever buying an outfit and I never will. Conversely, I’ve purchased almost every armor set in the gem store, some of them multiple times before the wardrobe system.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Couple things go into outfits.

First, they were a place to dump old gem store town clothes sets. The ones they didn’t just turn into junk tonics.

Second, they were meant to allow designers a lot more artistic freedom to create looks that defy the broken up nature of armor pieces, like the full body robes of the imperial or arcane sets and the bowtie on the back of the shadow assassin’s armor. Also the possibility for sets with designs that would not be able to stand alone as separate pieces, like the Balthazar or Mad King’s outfits.

And lastly they were marketed as not having to cost transmutation charges once bought, which is nice and stuff for brand new players, where somebody decided all the big money between then and HoT was going to come from.

For these things, I have not minded their existing, I’ve even gotten a few beyond the old town clothes, but the one here lately, the Daydreamers set, has really gotten under my skin.

That set is the epitome of everything that I have feared about the stream of outfits that have been entering the gem store in the absence of actual armor sets, that meaningful character customization is going out the window. Outfits are good for what they do, but frankly they are homogenizing, and come and go like the latest fad, and seeing so many now just cheapens the entire experience for me.

Back on the Daydreamers set, the reasons I feel it should never have been an outfit is that this set does not have a single feature about it that I can see that would cause it break the rules of any of the 3 existing armor meshes, male or female. There are examples of how to handle the male legging’s coat tail, like the Zodiac sets, which all had them, but were done slightly different between light/heavy and medium. The female version especially does not belong because not one of the pieces even touch any of the others, which I feel should be an automatic and unquestionable disqualification for entry into the outfits section of the wardrobe. At the point it is made of 6 visually separate pieces, it should be made an armor skin.

A bit of a rant, sure, but seriously… now I see people asking to customize the outfits which is the best argument I’ve heard yet to go back to making armors.