Getting a bit fed up of...

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: TwoGhosts.6790

TwoGhosts.6790

… desync/lag/disconnects, call it what you will.

I’m finding Golem MkII is a major culprit here (but it’s not alone), with some very strange behaviours. I was dced from Golem MkII again just now. The other night I was on a MkII map where everyone was experiencing wild desync; it was almost funny (when it became clear that it was being experienced by almost everyone) right up until the point when it became a full dc and a reconnect into a bizarrely hung map with the electric aoe permanently all over the platform, really wacko things happening, and an apparently wasted 10 mins, with no chance to continue or complete the fight.

Also (and maybe linked to this, but regardless):

I’m sick of my skills resetting and not completing. I had the same skill fail to trigger seven times on one occasion (during the Karka Queen fight) today; by that I mean I pressed my skill key once, watched it apparently trigger, but then reset after the cast timer without casting, tried it again, and again, and again, and again… net result is, it took me 7-8 times as long to cast. This happens regularly now; it happened with several other skills during that very same fight. Selecting a skill is now a bit like Russian roulette… will it trigger, or will it not? Drum roll, please.

I had none of these issues pre-pratch. Well, I would experience the very occasional dc, but I stress ‘very occasional’. Never the issue with skills regularly failing to trigger, though; that’s completely new to me post-patch.

I know it’s not just me; I’ve read similar comments from other people.

I wonder if they know there is a problem and, if so, I wonder if they’ll be able to remedy it.

Sad face.

~TG

(edited by TwoGhosts.6790)

Posted by: Scientia.8924

Scientia.8924

I am only noticing it on world boss maps and yeah it gets awful. Does anyone know if it gets just as bad with zerg vs zerg fights in WvW?

It is a crappy price to pay to make Condi builds viable, but worth it in the end imo

What if HoT turns out to be the Mordrem Invasion event, x100?

TwoGhosts.6790

It is a crappy price to pay to make Condi builds viable, but worth it in the end imo

Maybe, I guess.
I sure would rather have one without the other though.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I am only noticing it on world boss maps and yeah it gets awful. Does anyone know if it gets just as bad with zerg vs zerg fights in WvW?

Yes,it’s way worse in wvw..I’m barely logging cus of it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Lag-in-primetime-worse-and-worse/first#post5239267

TwoGhosts.6790

Yes,it’s way worse in wvw..I’m barely logging cus of it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Lag-in-primetime-worse-and-worse/first#post5239267

I hadn’t seen that thread; well, definitely not just me then.

It must be unbearable for PvPers. I mean, not getting a skill off seven times in a row in a world boss fight is nothing really more than annoying. The same thing happening in a PvP situation must be maddening; almost pointless playing when you can’t reliably fire off your skills; it just become a game of chance as to whether you’re lucky and the skill you intended to use fires.

Nevermind the crazy amount of movement desync and rubberbanding that must occur in a PvP context.

I really hope these issues are acknowledged and that someone at ANet is looking into them; it doesn’t matter how well- (or badly-) balanced things currently are if it’s hard to reliably use your skills at all.

:-/