edit:

• I once had to cut a Bengals fan for having a sass mouth

LOL

The Burninator

Getting to Know Your Fellow Posters Thread

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

• I love playing soccer and watching both Soccer and American Football (Baltimore Ravens)

As a Browns semi-fan, I’m told it’s customary to glare at a Ravens fan for daring to admit it. Instead I’m just going to sigh and shake my head and be glad you didn’t say Steelers.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Jasmine Salina.3609

Jasmine Salina.3609

• I’m 24, but I look 16
  • Male, (Don’t believe my account name)
  • My nickname is Seer and I’ve had it for nearly 10 years.
  • My nickname comes from one of my first GW1 characters, The Seer of Life, which was inspired by the npcs in Runescape simply called Seer.
  • Been playing GW since GW1’s first halloween event.
  • I know 90%+ of the lore of GW and can talk on just about any topic off the top of my head.
  • My favorite band is Crush 40
  • My favorite music composer is Denny Schneidemesser
  • I love instrumental music and video game music
  • I enjoy writing fanfiction, and have written about the GW universe. One of my favorite things to do is to co-write with a friend.
  • Personal quote: “Live and learn and never turn back. Live life, for the possibilities are endless.”
|Seer – Elementalist|

|KnT | BG|

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

• This message has self-destructed
“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

Posted by: felessan.9587

felessan.9587

• I’m almost 32
  • I’ve been married to my wonderful husband since 2006
  • I have the best wedding disaster story ever and used it to apply to RTGC
  • My favorite console game is FF6
  • I managed to get a huge swath of students addicted to an old MUD (Fiery) during high school where I went on to be a builder, but GW2 is the only MMO I’ve ever played
  • I started playing D&D the summer after I graduated high school and have been an avid table-top gamer since. Werewolf: The Apocalypse is probably my favorite system because I love mysticism, but Aberrant is a very close second. Currently I’m running a D&D 5e game and really enjoying it.
  • I’m also an avid board gamer now; my favorite games are Arkham Horror and Battlestar Galactica
  • PvP feels like bullying so I avoid it whenever possible
  • I’m highly critical (both positive and negative) and reflexively tell people “what they might do better” or why statements are flawed. It’s very annoying.
  • So I’m getting a PhD in criticism, and not the literary kind
  • I have training in Noh, Kyogen and Kabuki
  • Daria and Invader Zim are my favorite TV shows
  • I’ve been singing since I was 10 and acting since I was 12. My primary acting training is in musical theater. I currently sing with a very famous gay men’s chorus
  • My favorite music is showtunes, followed closely by Lady Gaga
  • I love super heroes, especially Marvel’s women, and I cried for joy when I heard Captain Marvel would be made into a movie with Carol Danvers as the leading character. I started collecting comic books when I turned 30
  • I’m getting nerdier and more socially awkward as I get older

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Werewolf: The Apocalypse is probably my favorite system because I love mysticism

I like you already
All the people I know that played WoD games like Vampire or Mage and I was the only one that preferred Werewolf. Most of the times I played as a Silent Strider Theurge.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I’ve been told that I’m up.

-snip-

John Smith is a human being. Life will never be the same again.

And I was so hoping to channel his legend on my revenant.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Shivy.3219

Shivy.3219

• I’m a 30 year old stay at home mom, my son is almost 3 now and I’m currently 14 weeks pregnant.
  • Born in the Netherlands and lived in the same house for 22 years until I moved to the US to be with my now husband.
  • My husband is in the military and we’re on our 2nd year of being stationed in Germany. While close to home, I do miss the US.
  • I’m pretty socially awkward and very shy and a bit of a hermit. I’d much rather stay at home and play video games/watch tv/ etc. than go outside. (Lucky for me the crappy German winter weather gives me a great excuse to do that.)
  • I love Japanese stuff (with the exception of the food, as I’m a very picky eater) and my biggest wish currently is to go there (and maybe even live there which the military could make possible)
  • I’m a cat person, have 2 cats currently Ninja and Nala, but at one point when living at home we had as much as 9 cats at one time (though not for very long cause a couple were kittens who died). I also have two dogs, one here and one in the US with family cause we couldn’t bring all of them. I miss him a lot.
  • I love animated movies, Despicable Me and all things minions being a big favorite of me and my son. And pretty much all the Disney movies, Lion King being at the top of the list.
  • I watch a lot of tv shows, from the comic inspired ones like Arrow, Flash, Agent’s of Shield and Gotham, to Walking Dead, NCIS and Sherlock. Also love vampire stuff, Buffy was and is my all time favorite show.
  • I’m a Harry Potter geek as well.
  • I played WoW from shortly after Burning Crusade till about half way into Cataclysm, my husband got me into it shortly after I moved to the US. I still miss it sometimes.
    I also love the Final Fantasy games with of course 7 being my favorite. (Please do a remake or make another movie or something!)
  • Despite loving games, I’m never very good at them, especially in pvp. My husband is always so much better and it frustrates me sometimes.
  • My favorite music is rock, mostly Japanese with some European bands. Favorite band currently is One Ok Rock.

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

• I’m a geoscientist
  • currently working on my PhD about landslide hazards
  • I am Austrian and always got confused with Australians (which annoys me)
  • playing with the english client on an international server in an english speaking guild despite my mother language is german. But I can’t stand the germanic german accent.
  • been half way arrested when travelling to the USA the last time (although I was just on transit)
  • had no problems on the Tajikistan boarder on the other hand…………
  • unfortunately spending equally much time analyzing the landscapes of Tyria than real world landscapes
  • when I first met my GF I was hiding my GW addiction until we moved together two years later
  • been close to the north pole once with a scientific expedition and imagined to be on Drakkar lake
  • I found it super awesome that our Gaile is an NPC in Diablo II
  • I like trains (seriously, I do)
Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

(edited by Hylgeriak.8250)

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Werewolf: The Apocalypse is probably my favorite system because I love mysticism, but Aberrant is a very close second.

I used to play WoD until they realised what a cash cow they had, stuffed it full of the RPG version of rBGH and milked it till its teats bled.

Will never forgive them for the “Publish a new clanbook a week” phase they went through. I bought V:TM, and the 6 original clanbooks then the Sabbat rules hit. Never have, and never will buy another World of Darkness product again.

For me, R.Talsorian Cyberpunk is by far my favourite system/setting. I played 2013 on launch, still play 2020 and Cybergen. V3 made me want to burn Mike Pondsmith’s house down. CP2077 had better be good or I’m calling up Uncle Putin and ordering a Tsar Bomba…

(edited by GuzziHero.2467)

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

I like pineapples.

Posted by: Regh.8649

Regh.8649

• I’m an online marketeer
  • Native european
  • I like to hand draw imaginary characters on paper
  • Amateur Bagpipe and didgeridoo player
  • Rock music festival organizer
  • I love wild life
  • My best friend is a German shepherd dog named Salazar
  • Twice I got out of the subway to help blind people catch it (lost the subway myself but it felt good)
  • broke the highway code more than a few times to save dogs from beeing killed.
  • And my girlfriend (for 7 years now) apart from being a journalist, runs a Dog shelter
  • I consider mylself the avatar of pragmatism, until someones presents me a better definition
  • I usually don’t play as human in any mmo if I have the choice

Edit: Salazar at his early months

Attachments:

(edited by Regh.8649)

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Im a kitten… that’s all you need to know hahaha

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

• Femenine Male.
  • 33 years old live with my girldfriend who is also a fan of GW2.
  • From Sweden.
  • Musician and Composer.
  • I love to draw, compose music, create RPGmaker games, Write, more or less everything I create connects to my own fantasy world.
  • I like most kind of music.
  • I can’t live without animals but I can’t live with them (Allergic).
  • I have two Corgies! (I have to mention them!)
  • been playing games since I got a nintendo with Zelda (I was about 6).
  • My first MMO was Ultima Online.
  • I just love fantasy and Sci-fi.
  • I am a shy person but I love to talk about myself O_o

Edit:

• My favorite band is Crush 40

Oh yea thats an awesome band!

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

• I’m a level 27 Mechanic.
  • I’m 315/365 xp away from level 28.
  • My Weapons of choice are multimeters and wrenches.
  • I’m 30/20/20 in the Avionics, Airframe and Powerplant Trait lines.
  • No, wait….Actually, it should be 5/5/5/30/0 with the 30 being in Video Games and the 0 being in Sleep.
  • My favorite pet is the German Shepherd. Its F2 was “Endless Bark”. It removes Stability and inflicts Fear. Also great for waking the neighbors and everyone else in the morning!
  • Italian food is the greatest food ever and gives the best stat boosts ever!
  • I used to wear soldiers armor and went on daily, no death, dungeon runs in Iraq for two years. Glad we had good healers that did their jobs.
  • There’s two stories for how I got the nickname Chrispy. One is because of my first name, the other is because I burnt my jacket to a crisp saving someone who accidentally set himself on fire.
  • I love Music, but hate Songs.
  • I love Marvel, but hate DC,….but love Dark Knights.
  • In my free time (that isn’t absorbed by video games) I read comics, draw, write, make bad attempts at making video games, and make worse attempts at making RPGs.
  • I’m currently working on a GW2 costume. Not any specific character. I’m making Falconer’s Armor because it looks awesome. Hoping to finish it in time to wear to the CO Renaissance festival in June.

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

Posted by: felessan.9587

felessan.9587

Werewolf: The Apocalypse is probably my favorite system because I love mysticism

I like you already
All the people I know that played WoD games like Vampire or Mage and I was the only one that preferred Werewolf. Most of the times I played as a Silent Strider Theurge.

Theurge=Best

• I’m currently working on a GW2 costume. Not any specific character. I’m making Falconer’s Armor because it looks awesome. Hoping to finish it in time to wear to the CO Renaissance festival in June.

Larkspur Ren Fest is the best fest!

Nike.2631

I like pineapples.

Grounds for conversation! You can sit over at this end of the table.

Nike.2631

Im a kitten… that’s all you need to know hahaha

So the cat’s out of the bag then…

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

• I am Austrian and always got confused with Australians (which annoys me)

We don’t like it much when it goes the other way either. Maybe we should amalgamate the two countries and call it Austro-Australia.

• I love rock music and Guns N’ Roses and Nirvana in particular.

High five!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

26, male, living in south metro Atlanta.

Struggling to finish a Bachelor’s degree, as I have been in school since I was 18 and am still several years away.

I work as a drug dealer, Pharmacy Technician, for very low pay, compared to others in the field.

Empathy is one of my biggest strengths. Or weaknesses?

My favorite show is My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

I am also a fan of soccer and coach a youth boys team as a volunteer. I use to also do it for money at a club, but due to many changes I stopped. Coaching has led me to realize that I want to become a middle grades educator.

I proudly know nothing about popular culture, including celebrities, tv shows and music. Proudly because people often think I live under a rock for having not heard of really famous people or shows but really I just don’t care.

Gaming online since 13, starting with Half-Life mods Counter-Strike and Natural Selection, among others.

In January 2008 when I got CoD 4: Modern Warfare, I unofficially peaked at rank 9 in the world on PC, and turned down a professional gaming contract to focus on my grades (lol, see #1).

I do not drink alcohol, and it is my biggest turn off in a significant other.

I am a huge non-conformist, and I am not afraid to let others know. Telling me something based on “public opinion” is not good enough for me if I know I can find evidence contrary to said opinion. (See my sig)

In a very committed, international relationship that will hopefully not be international for much longer

That is pretty much me in a nutshell, at least the important stuff anyway =D

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: Lauree Akhtar.3205

Previous

Lauree Akhtar.3205

Producer

Next

I like this thread

• People have thought I was 24 since I was 14
  • I like books
  • (Like a lot)
  • ((it’s actually a problem tho; I have been dragged out of bookstores multiple times))
  • Before getting into games I wanted to be an International Lawyer
  • My top three favorite tv shows are Battlestar Galactica (reboot), Buffy, and FMA: Brohood
  • I like KDramas too much
  • (Not as much as books though, don’t worry)
  • I have a wandering soul, but I’ve never actually managed to leave the country. Not for lack of trying
  • One day I’ll finish this stupid book I’m writing and this stupid twine game I’m making
  • GW2 was the first MMO that I got into
  • (Even though my mother played FFXI for 7 years and was highly ranked on her server)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

- Mid 30’s, altho Im fairly certain my back and knees are closer to retirement age
- Used to run a very large bookstore and have a collection of approx 3000 (mostly) sci fi and fantasy books. Now I go where I am needed
- first MMO was Anarchy Online which I still love playing
- enjoy RP, board games and wrestling (watching only)
- I do not like football or Stargate
- I like eating shredded wheat straight from the box

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

• Life is too short to wear boring socks

I never though of it that way! +1ed

- I don’t know how to drive

I’m envious

Public Transit is where I have met some of the most interesting people in my life from all walks of life. I have found that’s part of why I don’t learn to drive ( there is nothing stopping me, it was a personal choice) is because I love to just sit and talk to new people and really listen to what they have to say.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

• I like books
  • (Like a lot)
  • ((it’s actually a problem tho; I have been dragged out of bookstores multiple times))

what the heck were you doing to those poor books?

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Vincent Durheim.1947

Vincent Durheim.1947

Work in Telecom
Got my associates and then bailed on the rest college, felt like a waste of money
Self taught IT, Networking, and programming in Java and C#
I love to sleep…. alot… about 10 hours a day, sometimes 12 on weekends..
I grew up in the realm of video games, owned every console except the most recent ones.
I still play Legend of Zelda OOT and MM, and dark cloud (emulated on my pc)
I built the PC im writing this on now…
Im a glorified nerd, I love technology and video games almost as much as I like sleep…
I can talk technology all day, but not to strangers, ill end up sounding like a potato….
I find TV boring, yet I LOVE movies and going to the movie theater.
Monstercat is my jam
coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee
I play GW2, Minecraft, Elite Dangerous, and Skyrim (currently).
I grew up watching Pokemon and Digimon, the games were way more fun…
I love animals, my cat is currently asleep by my monitor.
I have ADHD and I not only except it, I think its a gift
The only thing i love more then sleep is Ice Cream… preferably Andes Mint Ice Cream…
Im leaving to go buy some ice cream….. Ciao

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

- I’m 21 years young
- from Germany
- at the moment I’m studying Applied Informatics (about halfway through with it)
- I started playing GW2 about the time I had my last school year (got really bored, it felt like it was all heard and seen and I got plenty of time)
- that was about the same time I got my current girlfriend. I have played sooo much since then and I still have her, so I think it’s true love
- It was my second MMO after the original Guild Wars (but I haven’t played GW1 that much because I was kinda noobish then – I’m really happy that I was able to fill my Hall of Monuments to 50 Points + got God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals recently)
- I absolutely loooove books, I can’t get enough of them (mostly Fantasy and Horror – at the moment I’m into H.P. Lovecraft style authors)
- I’m a bit of the “collector” guy, I collect books, Pokémon, GW2 achievements and so on
- I prefer the “nordish” countries because my parents always took me to hot boring (sorry, no offence) countries like Spain or Italy (I really like Italy, but it was just “too much”)
- Went to Norway 1.5 years ago, it was lovely
- Still want to travel as much as possible
- Sometimes I tend to be a bit melancholic and I really love forests and the moon, but not in a sad but in a way that makes me feel free and majestic
- I like to broaden my horizon everyday. I listen to 100 different music genres and I’m always trying to get in contact with other fresh inspirations, ideas and opinions

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

- 24 years old
- I plan on going into Game Design (once I’ve actually got the money for it)
- I grew up in the Metro Detroit area, and am an avid NFL Lions fan
- I’m fluent in Mandarin ever since serving a Mission
- Favorite color is purple
- I’m a cat person
- My screen name is pronounced Fishsticks, and my real name has to do with Spears, so obviously I own Kamohoali’i Kotaki as my preferred legendary
- My favorite music includes 311, Gorillaz, Matisyahu, Beastie Boys, Slightly Stoopid, Eminem, and any combination of Rock, Rap, Reggae and Funk
- I also terribly enjoy Video Game OSTs, particularly from the likes of Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger), Keiki Kobayashi (Ace Combat) Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy), Jeremy Soule (Guild Wars/Elder Scrolls), and more
- I enjoy Swimming and Ultimate
- I Dungeon some Dragons, and while I’m unable to do much in the video game design side of things, I spend some time designing tabletop.
- I have held my breath, when out of shape, for 3m13s
- At the time of this writing, I have 6% body fat.
- I think what’s popular is overrated, and what’s obscure is irrelevant. For better or worse, I seem to like things that used to be popular, but aren’t quite retro.

Can’t think of much else to say. I’ve hit on some big likes/dislikes, and some tidbits of trivia.

Fishsticks

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

- I am 32 years old, male (33 in two weeks)
- I work as a travel agent @TUI
- I love travelling and I hope that I can live in Australia one day.
- I’ve been doing Karate for approximately 21 years now. I have the black belt and the 3rd Dan.
- I am a huge fan of the Serbian basketball team Partizan Belgrade
- I can’t wait for Game of Thrones season 5
- The only game I play is GW2
- I am in a relationship since July
- I eat A LOT
- I like trains too! @Hylgeriak

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Hello!
-Today I’m 28. Tomorrow, I’ll be 29. I am a female.
-I grew up in NY, but I haven’t lived there since I was 18.
-I have a fear of whales. Well, not whales themselves, as I do not think they mean me harm. I am afraid that a baleen whale will accidentally swallow me.
-That said, I often dream about having to save whales from apathetic humans. Most recently, I dreamt of people beaching a whale so that they could look at it and touch it, then forgetting about it. I had to round them all up to help put it back into the ocean.
-I love animals. All animals. I especially love reptiles.
-My favorite animal is the Tuatara. Google it; it’s incredibly cute and will probably go extinct.
-I’ve always wanted to go to the Galapagos islands. When jeopardy was giving away cruises, I entered every day.
-I have attended some college, but never finished. I want to be a veterinarian, or the very least a vet tech. I want to open a vet clinic with a reptile rescue attached.
-I have been infracted one time, because of a response to ozmaniandevil. I’m not accusing her of reporting, but I have felt bad about it since. I think we would actually get along quite well. I have seen her post about interest in casual pvp and wanted to invite her /blush
-Obligatory – my favorite colors are green and turquoise.

(edited by rhapsody.3615)

Posted by: Jenstone.6891

Jenstone.6891

-45 years old
-Operations Manager for a small semi-conductor support company in Hillsboro Oregon
- I was in the US Coast Guard, Telecommunications specialist. Spent more time at sea than a lot of Navy guys.
- Grew up in central California, my back yard(so to speak) was Kings Canyon National Park and Sequoia National Park
- Graduated from a military college in Vermont
- Built a 17ft canvas/cedar canoe when I was in high school.
-Earned my MBA while working construction jobs.
-Got fired from my job because I finished my degree
-lived in South Korea for 6 months working on an R&D Platen design
-lived in Japan for a brief time
-I bleed Black and Gold…. Go Steelers
-I love football(American football, not soccer)
-My profile name is a nick name I picked up in college
-I started playing GW right after Nightfall came out. (26 alts)
-Have been to every state in the US, except Maine and Delaware
-I love British comedy
-I woodcraft
-I build model planes and armor
-I love golf
-All of my GW2 toons have the same last name and very similar first names
-Played GW2 for 3 months after the pre-release happened, then was on the road for work for 9 months, played very little… I missed a lot and my learning curve was steep.

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

• 28 years old, male
  • I’m from germany
  • Since I had an autoimmune disease for most of my life, I couldn’t get vaccines and therefore can’t really say I traveled a lot, except for skandinavian countries
  • I’ve been a labrat! Well, so to speak. My disease is so rare that they developed new therapies while trying to treat me. It makes me happy, since I could help other people who will have that disease in the future
  • Decided I’d make up for traveling by visiting exotic places like Tyria in my free time
  • Still catched some computer-viruses, though
  • I defeated my disease a few years back, when it came for a hard hit during my studies and cost me a lot of time
  • I got a Bachelor Degree in Engineering, spec’ed for R&D, over a year ago
  • I love technology, especially things like bionic prosthetics, exoskeletons or artifical organs. Everything that saves and improves lives
  • I’m fascinated by robots and 3D-printing
  • I didn’t get a job yet
  • I’m a cynic who tends to be an optimist
  • No matter how many stones are placed in your path, remember that stones make strong foundations
  • I love my family
  • I love my two dogs, both mixed as they can be
  • I love cooking and baking, learned both from my grandma who was a professional cook
  • I love to learn new things. It resulted in a nice chunk of general knowledge

Posted by: AnClar.1304

AnClar.1304

OK…why not…

62 years old, male
VERY happily married for 19 years
Born & raised in Brooklyn, NY
Currently located deep in the heart of Texas
I’m enjoying semi-retirement after a 35-year career in IT…everything from help desk to h/w integration to network architecture, design and implementation…mostly Cisco stuff.
Have collected a fair number of certs over the years…CNE, CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, LSD, etc.
Spent New Year’s Eve Y2K and 18 hours thereafter in a deserted warehouse in Mahwah, New Jersey repairing a Novell netware server that I blew up, rushing to get out of there before midnight
I’ve been computer gaming since Pong
Guild Wars 1 was my first MMO and I loved it! Started right after beta and still log on occasionally.
Now busy leveling toons and enjoying the absolutely stunning world of GW2.
Somehow ANet has really hit the mark with their games…I love the complexity, yet the ability to not have to invest a ton of time grinding like some other MMOs.
When not gaming, I enjoy medieval history, steam railroading, and American Civil War history.
And last, but most definitely not least…love the great community that has developed around GW1 and now GW2!

Posted by: Mabel Pines.3150

Mabel Pines.3150

I like this thread

• People have thought I was 24 since I was 14
  • I like books
  • (Like a lot)
  • Before getting into games I wanted to be an International Lawyer
  • My top three favorite tv shows are Battlestar Galactica (reboot), Buffy, and FMA: Brohood
  • I like KDramas too much
  • (Not as much as books though, don’t worry)
  • I have a wandering soul, but I’ve never actually managed to leave the country. Not for lack of trying
  • One day I’ll finish this stupid book I’m writing and this stupid twine game I’m making
  • GW2 was the first MMO that I got into
  • (Even though my mother played FFXI for 7 years and was highly ranked on her server)

I wasn’t expecting to see another FMA fan here!
That’s awesome

Posted by: Silalus.8760

Silalus.8760

Community: GW2 haz it.

Can I say that Anet employees being active in this thread is really cool? I’ve been playing GW2 for well over a year now, and I still find myself surprised by how closely the Anet team connects with the community.

• I’m senior analyst for a rather large theme park operator.
  • I’m starting to think John Smith and I have weirdly similar jobs.
  • And I’m pretty sure theme parks and MMO’s are weirdly becoming the same business.
  • Someday I’m going to finish my kitten novel. (And if that gets filtered, no, it is not a novel about kittens.)
  • I’m in a long term relationship…
  • …and they’re a gamer too.
  • …but they are a total FPS nut, dislike RPG’s, and hate MMO’s. (Nobody’s perfect.)
  • We compromise by playing the Borderlands series together.
  • We also have adopted two cats from our local shelter…
  • …we named one after a Borderlands 2 character.
  • …and the other after a fairy in the Dresden Files.
  • Have I mentioned it’s a really great relationship?
  • Despite being a responsible, mature adult I’m not sure I could have an intelligent conversation with Jim Butcher. I would more likely just stutter and swoon.

Posted by: Screenager.7804

Screenager.7804

This thread is fantastic here’s my entry

• Im 32 but still haven’t grown up
  • I work IT support for a big ol bank
  • my International custodian bank employers regularly tell me to grow up and cut my hair
  • my parents also do this
  • I have a piercing problem which is a constant trauma for me that I can only get new holes on holiday
  • I don’t spend enough time reading
  • I spend that time writing instead
  • I have been playing GW2 without a break since beta phases
  • I play the drums, bang bang
  • many more facts to come Im sure
Screenager
Executed [ExE] – Piken Square
characterselect.net

Posted by: Screenager.7804

Screenager.7804

…has visions of Gaile turning up to Anet 14 years ago to do an article and refusing to leave ever since, eating all their waffles

Pffft. I was invited to come up to chat! Somehow that turned into a job interview (which I recognized only after the fact; Mike O’Brien is that smart) and they offered me a job.

There may or may not have been some waffles involved.

right, so waffles are the secret to a job at ANet

scribbles furiously

;)

Screenager
Executed [ExE] – Piken Square
characterselect.net

(edited by Screenager.7804)

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I’m an identity thief and would like to thank you all for revealing so much about yourselves, along with Facebook and twitter some of you really make it easy for criminals. (for the Americans, who don’t get humour, this is obviously intended as a joke).

As for me, I’m old enough to know better than to reveal personal details to all and sundry in a public forum. This reminds me of people who think any picture on your phone or computer of Facebook is in any way ‘private’.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I’m an identity thief and would like to thank you all for revealing so much about yourselves, along with Facebook and twitter some of you really make it easy for criminals. (for the Americans, who don’t get humour, this is obviously intended as a joke).

. . . yes, but do you have proof we were all telling the truth and not leaving flights of fancy for you to stumble on?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I’m 33
I work nights.
The internet where I work stinks
Love to read Sci-Fi/Fantasy books
I play too many video games
I feel like I’m filling in info for a bad dating site
Cheers!

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Ok, I’m game – but I’m going to recycle a list I had used on FB, of all places. Only addition will be my given name – I’m Daniel. Better known in Tyria as Stale Bongwater (GW1) or just Stale in GW2 (got a forced name change – le sigh)

1. i like dogs more than most people.

2. i’m a caffeine addict.

3. i truly believe that robert heinlein was a genius, and we would all be better from reading his works.

4. i believe that religion has done far more harm than good, and mankind should have outgrown it by now.

5. music is essential, and some music is eternal.

6. i’m adverse to responsibility, in all and any form.

7. i am inconsistent, and don’t really care that i am.

8. i believe that violence is sometimes merited.

9. i firmly believe that RIGHT NOW is the best time in all of human history to be alive.

10. i miss my puppy, and i think i probably always will.

11. i have been blessed with some of the best friends that anyone could ever have.

12. i read a lot, and indiscriminately. if it moves slow enough, i’ll read it.

13. i like video games.

14. i believe we ought to stop protecting the stupid among us.

15. “special interest” groups irritate me. everyone is special – get over it.

16. it drives me insane to think that we put someone on the moon – then stopped. what is wrong with people?

17. i smoke cigarettes and marijuana. i eat poorly, drink coffee and enjoy alcohol. what i put into my body shouldn’t concern anyone but myself. busybodies deserve, at best, a punch in the nose.

18. laws or other restrictions “for your/my own good” offend the hell out of me.

19. i would rather see a child watch xxx porn than most available daytime television. skin doesn’t hurt people.

20. if you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong.

21. i think about sex more than may be healthy – that said, i’m confused by people who don’t think about sex all the time.

22. i avoid news, on the basis that it’s depressing. i have problems enough of my own without wallowing in the problems of billions of other people.

23. i am, at best, agnostic. more accurately, i just don’t give a kitten. if there is a “god” either they aren’t interested in humanity, or they screwed up, big time.

24. censorship is wrong. it’s trying to feed a grown human pablum because baby can’t have steak.

25. i love my wife, my friends an my family. had i time enough, i could likely love all people who are good and kind.

that’s all you could possibly need to know about me.

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

…has visions of Gaile turning up to Anet 14 years ago to do an article and refusing to leave ever since, eating all their waffles

Pffft. I was invited to come up to chat! Somehow that turned into a job interview (which I recognized only after the fact; Mike O’Brien is that smart) and they offered me a job.

There may or may not have been some waffles involved.

right, so waffles are the secret to a job at ANet

scribbles furiously

;)

In the immortal words of Cass:

Onward to Waffles!

-The Gamers: Dorkness Rising

[I may or may not be guilty of watching this movie way too much ]

GuzziHero.2467

4. i believe that religion has done far more harm than good, and mankind should have outgrown it by now.

14. i believe we ought to stop protecting the stupid among us.

19. i would rather see a child watch xxx porn than most available daytime television. skin doesn’t hurt people.

21. i think about sex more than may be healthy – that said, i’m confused by people who don’t think about sex all the time.

I totally agree with 4, 14 and 19. I would never stop kids from smoking, swearing or seeing porn. They will see/do it all at some time anyway. I would however be there and try and give them any advice they needed.

Regarding 21 however… I am asexual. I have neither masculine or feminine traits, play female characters as escapism not only from my life but also my gender, and haven’t had sexual interaction since 1997… I guess I confuse you

Posted by: Regh.8649

Regh.8649

Hello!
-Today I’m 28. Tomorrow, I’ll be 29. I am a female.

If I did my math right…. Happy Birthday!!!!

Posted by: Myrden.2456

Myrden.2456

1. Was a 12-year Navy veteran who did 4 Mediterranean deployments
2. Have 8 children between my wife and myself – five of which play GW2
3. Have 2 dogs – Bella and Maia
4. Have a level 80 for each profession, and adore my Asura mesmer lady
5. My wife, stepson, and I love to run dungeons together
6. Favorite author is Dean Koontz
7. Am an SCCM administrator for a university in Florida
8. Favorite color is red
9. Am a dye hound in the game
10. Never done any drugs harder than alcohol or cigarettes
11. Birthday is April 4
12. My favorite part of the game is group play (dungeons, Fractals, world bosses)
13. Least favorite is PvP and WvW
14. I am very sociable and would love to meet new friends online.

Posted by: Baconbit.6970

Baconbit.6970

Right on thread mang!

I’m an old dewd and a:

biker
pool hustler
hunter
drinker
printer (worker bee, 30 years in printing industry)
joker
casual player to the max (got bored of the max gear grind in Molten Core, WoW)
music junkie (the newer the better but every decade has good music imho)
electronics junkie
loner (I have no problem going out, small bars, music venues n such)
love chicks even though I never found the right one. /shrug
open minded but not so far that my brains fall out
learning to make sushi!

favorite book: Illusions
movie at the moment: Amelie
music: dark ambient
color: dark green
beer: Newcastle
drink: Jack n Coke
in game char: Slyminstra (got the name from the band GWAR lol)
server: Yak’s Bend

I have one cat, a Harley and a 4Runner and love em all

Peace peeples : D

GuzziHero.2467

Dave Brockie RIP

Posted by: Baconbit.6970

Baconbit.6970

Dave Brockie RIP

Yes We miss you Oderus (I’m sure he’s enjoying the maggots tho

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Basics

• 25 YO Welshman who can’t speak Welsh.
  • ‘Lone parent’ for my sister.
  • IT Technician / Sales Assistant / Accountant.
  • IT and Design student.

Hobbies

• Overall magpie for knowledge and learning.
  • Aspiring game designer.
  • Bookworm (Dresden has some of the best one-liners ever).
  • I enjoy cartoons, anime and manga.
  • Metal and rock are my preferred genres of music.
  • Martial Artist for over 20 years (Karate).
  • Learning blacksmithing as a hobby.
  • Part-time gamer.

Random Trivia

• I only drink once a year (New Year’s Eve), have never smoked or tried recreational drugs.
  • I passed my 1st Junior Dan at the age of 11 with a fractured wrist. Two years later I passed my 2nd Junior Dan with a fractured ankle (despite them being junior Dan grades, I still did the same training as the adults).
  • I don’t understand the off-side rule.
  • Despite needing glasses and having very poor vision, I play pool better without my glasses (how does that even work?).
Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

- 26 years old when typing this.
- Male.
- From The Netherlands.
- Game developer.
- Studies Game Art & Design.
- Primarily 3D digital artist.
- I play electric guitar.
- I used to play in a black metal band.
- Obviously metal is my favorite type of music.
- GW2 is my 4th MMO, Kal Online being my first, Guild Wars 1 being my 2nd and World of Warcraft being my 3rd.
- I care about politics.
- Regarding politics I consider myself a centrist libertarian. I hate extremism on both sides (left-wing and right-wing). I also hate authoritarianism.
- I love reading. My favorite books are The Witcher books from Andrzej Sapkowski.
- I love partying and going out with friends.
- I consider myself a social outgoing person, though I have my moment where I want people to leave me alone.
- To me GW2 is nothing more than a hobby that I play it with my friends while socializing with them on Skype or Teamspeak.
- I only play GW2 occasionally, usually in the weekend.
- That said I do think I’m pretty experienced and decent at this game, some might even classify me as an “elitist”.

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

I’ve really enjoyed reading about everyone! This was a nice idea, JustTrogdor.

• I am a female in my late 20’s.
  • I work for the Girl Scouts (no, I can’t hook you up with free cookies!).
  • I am the shortest adult in my family. .__.
  • I really like symphonic metal bands.
  • I’m a city girl overall, but I love camping trips to State Parks.
  • I love writing poetry, and sketch in my free time.
  • I love reading!
  • I have a collection of Magic the Gathering cards back from when I sort-kinda-played with my brothers, but mostly just wanted the pretty art. I am fond of my Catacomb Dragon and Crash of Rhinos, though
  • I have a little Nymphicus hollandicus (the US name for it gets half-censored), that rides around on my shoulder at home. And tries to help me play Guild Wars sometimes.
  • My favorite colors are black and white together.
  • My favorite artist is Edgar Degas, particularly for his ballet works.
  • I’ve always been a bit of a console gamer, and I especially love horror games.
  • I’ve played Silent Hill 1 & 2 a stupid amount of times.
  • I love cooking, especially homemade lasagna.
  • I like ALL Silent Hill games! :O
  • I’m addicted to American McGee’s Alice/Alice Madness Returns. And Alice in Wonderland in general.
  • The only multiplayer pc games I have really played besides GW2 are the original Guild Wars, Diablo, and Diablo 2. My adventures in Starcraft were so bad I pretend they never happened (I’m terrible at it).
  • I have never had a drink of alcohol in my life.
  • Once a year, my siblings and cousins have a Diablo 2 weekend and we run through it for giggles.
  • I call everyone “dude” at times. I have no idea why. I also say “y’all.”

- My fav cartoon right now is Gravity Falls.

Me too!

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]