Ghostly Outfit Issue

Ghostly Outfit Issue

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: madison.1034

madison.1034

I’m not wearing the ghostly outfit and just started crashing today. Is this affecting players not even wearing the outfit. I get the crash report screen and the entire game freezes.

Yes, from what we know, if your graphic animation setting is on ‘low’ and a player in the outfit showing the helm renders on your client screen, or you preview the outfit, then your client can crash too. Gaile has a workaround post above that you can try.

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: madison.1034

madison.1034

That does not seem to fit my issue. I have graphic animations on high. My crashes started happening with everyone else so I figured it had to do with the outfit but maybe not. Never had issue like this before.

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: SarahWitter.2317

Previous

SarahWitter.2317

Next

That does not seem to fit my issue. I have graphic animations on high. My crashes started happening with everyone else so I figured it had to do with the outfit but maybe not. Never had issue like this before.

Hi Madison,

I posted this above to Deli and think it may be good for your case as well. If you’d rather submit a customer support ticket and send me that ticket number, please let me know.

1. confirm the crash you are receiving looks like this in the crash log:

Assertion: normalOffset == (unsigned)-1 || frameOffset == (unsigned)-1
File: ..\..\..\Engine\ModelFileFormat\ModelFileMerge.cpp(2440

2. attach a screenshot of your graphic settings
3. Let me know if you are on PC or Mac
4. What your player race and gender is
5. As many details about the crash as possible. Examples:
- Were you wearing the Ghostly Outfit when you crashed? If so, were you showing the helm?
- Did you preview it even if it is in your inventory and you previewed it?
- Or was someone else that you saw wearing it?
- Or are you stuck crashing on character create after equipping the outfit?

Thank you!

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

I have many crashes at pvp lobby and couldnot proceed

I have played this game on my old laptop.
The setting is lowest so that i could play this game.
Now gail said that i have to set it higher… my laptop might not handle the game.

So this could be the end of my game play.

The posted work around is for the short term, until they can pinpoint the cause of the crashes. The chances of them leaving it like this is close to zero, so I wouldn’t worry about this being the “end”.

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: RusShiro.9241

RusShiro.9241

My game is crashing as well, i don’t know if it is related to this issue or not. I will say this, i did not get an update to the previous game version. If y’all can fix it i can def send y’all some of my baby mamas great fried chicken(will it still be good when it gets there?) cause nom noms are awesome.

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: Stiofan.6720

Stiofan.6720

You should temporarily ban all people who have this outfit. These people are crashing half our squad in WvW all the time. Literally unplayable.

Bit extreme don’t you think?

You want anet to ban players because they bought something from the gem store?

Currently there are people from WvW guilds who intentionally wear the outfit to crash opponents, should I report people who wear the oufit despite knowing it makes people crash?

How do you know they know their outfit is causing others to crash?

Reporting someone just for wearing an outfit is ‘report abuse’ It’s not their fault an outfit they paid for causes the game to crash for people using certain graphic settings.

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

You should temporarily ban all people who have this outfit. These people are crashing half our squad in WvW all the time. Literally unplayable.

Currently there are people from WvW guilds who intentionally wear the outfit to crash opponents, should I report people who wear the oufit despite knowing it makes people crash?

Reporting someone just for wearing an outfit is ‘report abuse’ It’s not their fault an outfit they paid for causes the game to crash for people using certain graphic settings.

Sounds to me like disabling the outfit entirely until this gets resolved is the better option if it has to come to that.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Ghostly Outfit Issue

RusShiro.9241

The work around is working so far, my toaster is cooking my room, but i just have to play. Why anet, why guild wars team, why most you make such an awesome game. I have to get it in, even if i can make grilled cheese on my key board

lap top user here

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

If people from known WvW guilds wear the outfit for hours it is obvious that they do so to troll/grief people, dont you think?

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: Grym.4295

Grym.4295

I can’t even get onto my character selection page in order to change my graphics settings The page begins to load… but doesn’t complete, leaving me without the links I need to change anything.

The slave dreams not of freedom, but of becoming the master.

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

To folks who are arguing for a fix one week in advance of the release of the outfit. Let’s be clear: You didn’t have “early access.” You used data-mined information to try to gain access to, or look at, an unreleased item. We’re not going to try to chase down issue reports related to data-mined or leaked information. Doing so is not productive, and is counter to our policies about such content. Content that is data-mined is subject to change, subject even to removal. Those who view it or try to build a case for its future usefulness — such as seeing stats and expecting that they absolutely will not change — do so at their own risk.

I agree that feedback/suggestions/etc for datamined assets that may or may not be released should not be a concern, but being able to crash another player’s client is different matter. In this particular case there was just a single report, which is understandably easy to dismiss and not be worried by. But if that policy is going to be followed in the face of multiple reports, I think it’s a bit irresponsible.

It’s not just a risk that dataminers or their followers take on. These links are often posted into map or guild chats, where they could potentially cause many client crashes and disrupt gameplay for a large number of people. A lot of players are probably not aware of whether the preview link they are clicking is for a datamined item, or simply something they have not seen before. A scenario that’s even more likely just after an update, a time when new items are being linked a lot.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

If people from known WvW guilds wear the outfit for hours it is obvious that they do so to troll/grief people, dont you think?

Generalizing suspensions and your comments are equally fallible.

They should just disable faulty content based on severity.
That should include unreleased items regardless of whether it’ll be subject to change. There doesn’t need to be any messaging along with it. Just do it silently if its causing problems.

Of course chatlinks and such things preferably should be disabled until their official release.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Ghostly Outfit Issue

RusShiro.9241

this is honestly the first problem i have run into playing guild wars 2 that is a functional problem. I think it is great that yall are not just working on the problem, and responding to it, but yall have given us a work around.

keep up the good work

Ghostly Outfit Issue

RusShiro.9241

boom update

Ghostly Outfit Issue

RusShiro.9241

Workin just fine guys, thx a bunch holla

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Previous

SarahWitter.2317

Next

Hi all,

I’m here to add more information on this issue. We believe we have identified what caused the outfit to crash and the solution. Internal testing has been successful against this fix as well.

There is a new game build that just became available that has this change in it and we have people here ready to test it. From internal tests I’m expecting this new build to resolve the cases relating to the animation graphic setting being on low. This is the cases where the outfit was worn and the character crashed and cannot get back into the game, crashing when you see someone else wearing it, and we’ve enabled the ability to use the outfit from your inventory again.

While in the old build the above issues will still be present so I do recommend taking the new build asap if this specific issue has been affecting your gameplay today.

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

I’m still crashing even when set to “medium” or “high”

Hi Deli,

I’m sorry to hear you are still experiencing crashes after the change. To aid in the investigation, would you be willing to provide the below information? If you are more comfortable replying in a customer support ticket, please let me know what that ticket id is.

1. confirm the crash you are receiving looks like this in the crash log:
Assertion: normalOffset == (unsigned)-1 || frameOffset == (unsigned)-1
File: ..\..\..\Engine\ModelFileFormat\ModelFileMerge.cpp(2440
2. attach a screenshot of your graphic settings
3. Let me know if you are on PC or Mac
4. What your player race and gender is
5. As many details about the crash as possible. Examples:
- Were you wearing the Ghostly Outfit when you crashed? If so, were you showing the helm?
- Did you preview it even if it is in your inventory and you previewed it?
- Or was someone else that you saw wearing it?
- Or are you stuck crashing on character create after equipping the outfit?

Thank you!
Sarah

Dunno if this was fixed with the latest update but if you still need it:

1. I think so
2. attached
3. PC
4. human female
5. was not wearing it, was not previewing it, would crash shortly after loading into LA so someone else may have had it on

Attachments:

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

So we’ll be able to buy it soon?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: wcpemm.1497

wcpemm.1497

Is the fact that on female charr the tail of this outfit defaults to the male model a feature or a bug?

Hoping the former, I’d really like to be able to change the tail style for charr.

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: Frostball.9108

Frostball.9108

To folks who are arguing for a fix one week in advance of the release of the outfit. Let’s be clear: You didn’t have “early access.” You used data-mined information to try to gain access to, or look at, an unreleased item. We’re not going to try to chase down issue reports related to data-mined or leaked information. Doing so is not productive, and is counter to our policies about such content. Content that is data-mined is subject to change, subject even to removal. Those who view it or try to build a case for its future usefulness — such as seeing stats and expecting that they absolutely will not change — do so at their own risk.

I absolutely see why it wasnt fixed in one week but what youre saying seems contradictory to me considering youve done the exact thing youre saying you wont do in the past. I cant remember the item in question but there was a datamined code that would make peoples games crash which you eventually fixed.

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: LadySwan.8751

LadySwan.8751

Ya’ll two fighting are gona de-rail (?) this post and im tryna stay updated so please stop<3 please and ty<3

No more fighting just …stay hopeful~

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: Hypercaine.7521

Hypercaine.7521

So is it going to go back up on the Gem Store any time soon? Saw the twitter post about the issue being fixed and what not.

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Batelle.1680

So is it going to go back up on the Gem Store any time soon? Saw the twitter post about the issue being fixed and what not.

One can only hope. I’ve been grinding for gold all week to get it, and I would be heartbroken if they decide not to put it up again once the kinks have been worked out.

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: LimeSamurai.9140

LimeSamurai.9140

One can only hope. I’ve been grinding for gold all week to get it, and I would be heartbroken if they decide not to put it up again once the kinks have been worked out.

I bought gems last night specifically for a new outfit, was thinking it was gonna be Lunatic guard but this one is better…

But yea it will be back up on the store, I asked them on twitter and they said it will be back up.

https://twitter.com/HeyItsTudes/status/791024721382912000

Tudes

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Batelle.1680

I bought gems last night specifically for a new outfit, was thinking it was gonna be Lunatic guard but this one is better…

But yea it will be back up on the store, I asked them on twitter and they said it will be back up.

Good news! Thank you for asking.

Ghostly Outfit Issue

LimeSamurai.9140

Good news! Thank you for asking.

No problem, its one of their best outfits in my opinion and I really want it so I had to know! lol

Tudes

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: shintaotwo.1609

shintaotwo.1609

A certain person talking about griefing made my day you can even look up a certain griefing video on youtube.
I did the WvW daily without even knowing of this bug with my newly purchased Ghostly Outfit. Didn’t encounter any problems, a whole Gendara Zerg saw me in the Outfit without crashing. I only read sth in mapchat of WvW being unplayable right now.
But I really should have been banned for using an Outfit in a video game. Kappa
And Gaile is totally right about not looking into issues with datamined content (which was obviously not intended to be accessible at that point).

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Previous

SarahWitter.2317

We’re happy with the results of the new build and have not been receiving new crash reports from it. For those asking, the Ghostly Outfit has been enabled in the Gem Store again. Thanks for your understanding!

Ghostly Outfit Issue

LimeSamurai.9140

We’re happy with the results of the new build and have not been receiving new crash reports from it. For those asking, the Ghostly Outfit has been enabled in the Gem Store again. Thanks for your understanding!

Yaassssssssssssssssssssss <3

Thank you <3

Tudes

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: Nidarrock.5692

Nidarrock.5692

Excellent, thank you! It took some time, but that there is a really cool outfit I have to purchase.

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

The shoulder piece with the neck/mouth scarf should’ve been sold seperately.

People love the winter scarf for the exact same reason! Most shoulder armors (heavy anyway) suck lol

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

I really hope Gaile’s response on the data minded part and not looking into bug reports is the official stance from ArenaNet. I don’t know the particular bug report so I don’t know if it was just one report that wasn’t seen in a long list of bug reports. Or that is was ignored because it was of a data mined item.

Releasing an item that crashes the game, when you have a bug report telling you that, is unforgivable, if you have seen the bug report. I don’t care about communication about a bug for not released content, just solve it before you release it or do not release it at all. But don’t bullkitten us with: We do not look at bug reports if it is about a data mined item because it is not productive. Having to disable a gem store item is productive? Crashing the game for many players is productive?

Disclaimer: I assume ArenaNet was not aware of this bug and didn’t see the bug report.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

I’m not even sure anyone reads the bug reports. I get that most people aren’t having the issues I have been having for 10 weeks now. But, the Ghostly Outfit is NOT the only outfit doing this (regardless of settings).

I have submitted every crash report (easily more than 50) and on several of them have noted that the crash was caused by an outfit another player was wearing.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Ghostly Outfit Issue

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

If you have your animations setting on “Low,” consider bumping it to medium or high. We have found that this eliminates the crash issues connected to preview the new outfit or to seeing others wearing it.

Unfortunately the fix for the current client crashing macs is to keep graphics settings on low.