Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aerdwen.3069

Aerdwen.3069

Fix them. This shouldn’t even have to be posted about.

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Dreadnaught.1975

Dreadnaught.1975

What is this of which you speak?

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-legendary-journey/

While the update to precursor acquisition makes for a huge change in the way we craft legendary weapons, our new Map Bonuses system will also make acquiring the materials you need a more directed activity. With Heart of Thorns, most explorable maps will have an associated set of bonus rewards that rotate on a regular basis. Starter maps will not be included in order to preserve the new-player experience. By completing events, jumping puzzles, and mini-dungeons in a map, you’ll be periodically awarded with one of its associated bonuses in addition to the normal rewards. For most maps, the bonus reward will be crafting materials. For instance, playing in Cursed Shore could reward you with ancient bones, charged cores, charged lodestones, or giant eyes during one rotation, and powerful venom sacs, glacial cores, glacial lodestones, or globs of ectoplasm during another rotation.
Maps like the Silverwastes or Dry Top that have a dedicated currency will work a little differently. For these maps, bandit crests and geodes have been something of a test for this concept, where you’re rewarded with these currencies through a bouncy chest for playing on the map. The Map Bonuses system is a more streamlined experience, and with Heart of Thorns, these maps will be updated to always award currencies through the Map Bonuses system. Moving forward, any map with a similar currency will also work within the Map Bonuses system.
The goals of this system are to provide ways for players to target the materials they need, let players know exactly where to obtain those materials, and help all explorable maps always feel like relevant and rewarding places to play.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Buy them from the TP.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

And whats wrong with them?

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

Yes fix. I paid for this game, and I feel that I should get items I want. I’m not sure why I need to grind for things I want.

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

The sense of entitlement won’t end until all rare crafting mats are trading for vendor value.

Zelendel

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Aerdwen.3069

Aerdwen.3069

Why even post if you haven’t looked into the going rate for this item. Perhaps it should have at least the drop rate of lodestones? Thumbs up for the snarky comments. These are the forums after all.

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Yes fix. I paid for this game, and I feel that I should get items I want. I’m not sure why I need to grind for things I want.

if only you could farm properly for giant eyes

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: MikeE.5947

MikeE.5947

If only you could farm for any mats you need!

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

If only you could farm for any mats you need!

T6 mats drop at least and you can spend laurels for them but there is no reliable way to get giant eyes

even 1 laurel for 1 giant eye would be nice

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

See the thing is…. In GW1 if you needed something, you looked at wiki, saw what dropped it, and you went and killed that foe until you got what you needed.

So GW2 screws up many GW1 players, because in GW2, the only drops you are guaranteed to get are crappy blue/green weapons.
New players say SW is “the best place to farm” because they can just pack their inventory full of these crappy weapons/armor, and also get mats. But GW1 players have a hard time adjusting to farming 1 item to sell in order to buy the item they actually want.
I learned this by trying to farm charged lodestones in Malchor’s, I got 1 on my first kill, and none after that. There is no anti-farm code in this game, other than the fact that if you want it, it won’t drop often enough to be considered farmable.

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I agree, the price of them has been exploding recently. They are at 8g already.
I found 3 Giant Eyes in over 8k hours of playtime. They are too rare for an ingredient you need 250 off for a single skin.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

They’ve already announced the fix for this.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Malediktus.9250

They’ve already announced the fix for this.

We know very little about this fix so far.

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Dante.1763

I agree, the price of them has been exploding recently. They are at 8g already.
I found 3 Giant Eyes in over 8k hours of playtime. They are too rare for an ingredient you need 250 off for a single skin.

You need 250 of them for a skin? Well, that makes sense now..Sheesh, i didnt realize you needed that many of them, but kitten ! buff that drop rate or something!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Malediktus.9250

Yes look up /wiki Immobulus

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Some drop rate info for you all:
Heavy Moldy Bags opened: 780,737
Giant Eyes received: 744
0.0957% drop rate

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

I’m glad I made Immobulus when Giant Eyes were 70s each. 2k gold now, it’s just insane.
I understand why I never see people using it. Lucky charms have a price !

VoxL, NSPPT

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

There is no anti-farm code in this game, other than the fact that if you want it, it won’t drop often enough to be considered farmable.

q.v. Diminishing Returns for the GW2 equivalent of anti-farm code.

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

This thread reeks of entitlement. Jesus.

Pro tip- Farm gold and just buy them or do me a favor and just buy gems with your credit card and sell them for gold.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Some drop rate info for you all:
Heavy Moldy Bags opened: 780,737
Giant Eyes received: 744
0.0957% drop rate

There ya go, just farm 250k bags and you’re sweet.

This thread reeks of entitlement. Jesus.

Pro tip- Farm gold and just buy them or do me a favor and just buy gems with your credit card and sell them for gold.

OP has a valid complaint. This puts the cost of Immobulus well over 2k. More than a lot of Legendaries.

There is also only 385 eyes on the TP at the moment. Only one person could craft this right now.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

I’m glad I made Immobulus when Giant Eyes were 70s each. 2k gold now, it’s just insane.
I understand why I never see people using it. Lucky charms have a price !

Yeah I bought mine when they were about 65s. I’m just disappointed I didn’t think to make the other skins that needed it back then.

I’m glad they’ve said that we’ll be able to get more materials from “map bonuses”, I’m just hoping that the drop rate of giant eyes is increased to be around that of t6 mats as well.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Malediktus.9250

Giant Eyes are almost at 9g now

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Dante.1763

werent they 7g the other day? i mean i went and looked when iread the response about needing 250 of them…

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Malediktus.9250

werent they 7g the other day? i mean i went and looked when iread the response about needing 250 of them…

indeed, but there are so few on the trading post, that buying 30 for the shield skin raises the price a considerable amount already.

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Dragon Ruler X.8512

Dragon Ruler X.8512

A side note for why you’re seeing the eyes go up in price is because there are only a finite amount of them listed at the price you first see. After you start reaching the point where they are almost gone you’ll see 2 things happen.

1) They will have naturally climbed in price due to people having constantly undercut their competition and those who were undercut are all that remain.

2) The remaining sellers may pull their items off the TP or buy out the remaining portion to fully control that market.

At this point it wouldn’t surprise me if someone came in and bought the rest of those items on the TP since it is possible for them to control the market of those eyes that way.

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

been playing since 1 day and ive gotten about 9 giant eyes

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

I wouldn’t necessarily say that having a really rare material is a bad thing.
Of course, I would probably have a different opinion if I wanted Immobulus.

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Crell.6401

Crell.6401

Weren’t they mentioned as being part of the zone-reward tracks come HoT?

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Dante.1763

They where indeed. But we will see i suppose just how many completing a zone gives.

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

They where indeed. But we will see i suppose just how many completing a zone gives.

It will still crash the price compared to now. I’d be offloading for sure.

And if I wanted them I certainly wouldn’t be buying.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

been playing since 1 day and ive gotten about 9 giant eyes

That’s about 9 more than I got in over 1001 days….

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Buy them from the TP.

Fun fact: there are ~310 giant eyes on the TP and you need 250 (!!!) to make one Immobulus so there are enough giant eyes on the TP to craft just ONE Immobulus. This does look very very sad

But they already have a fix for the materials that is coming with HoT, allowing map zones to offer unique material rewards from events, similar to how SW events reward bandit crests. We don’t know which materials will drop from those, we don’t know how many from each event, but at least the devs are aknowledging the issue. Too bad we have to wait for HoT for it

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Farm SW til you’re about to cry, take a break and sell your spoils. Buy Giant Eyes from tp.

Fixed.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Muusic.2967

Buy them from the TP.

Fun fact: there are ~310 giant eyes on the TP

And 1 person is selling 182 of them. So I would say it’s being a little manipulated.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

maddoctor.2738

Buy them from the TP.

Fun fact: there are ~310 giant eyes on the TP

And 1 person is selling 182 of them. So I would say it’s being a little manipulated.

I didn’t notice that, you are right it does look like someone is manipulating the giant eye prices. Precursor crafting and the new material reward system should make manipulations much harder. I can’t wait for both to finally go live

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Deneb.2697

Deneb.2697

All extreme rare/not more obtainable items are manipulated in the market.
It is easy to counter from the developers that have all the data, but they don’t raise a finger. Very hard to understand, it seems that they don’t care.

Open your eyes.

Just do not buy them, make another skin.
Do not continue to fill the purses of these kittenty greedy people.

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

lordkrall.7241

And what then? What happens when the devs start meddling too much with the trading post?

Not to mention the fact that we already KNOW that they are doing something about it, which is shown in the blog posted in this very thread.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Deneb.2697

Deneb.2697

This can lower the price of hard to get items, but hardly manipulable. This items already drops, and there is always a supply on the tp. The price of lodestone is not manipulated, demand is higher then supply.

All extreme rare/not more obtainable items will still be manipulated in the market.
Just look at their graphs online. One day the price is X with 1000 supply, the day after the price is 20X with 10 supply. If you remove supply of items from the game, greedy people will manipulate it.

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Please fix this thread first.. Just by going on your opening post… fix what.. the colour, the size, the icon, the name, the drop drop rate the items that their needed for.. ?

Don’t just say x item – fix it.. it gets no where and makes you look like a lazy angry foolish kid (Just saying.. wasn’t meant as any form of insult)

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Pro tip- Farm gold and just buy them

Have you actually looked at how many giant eyes are there on tp? No? I thought so.

I wouldn’t necessarily say that having a really rare material is a bad thing.

It’s not a really rare mat. It’s an insanely rare mat. I mean, i have had more precursor drops than giant eyes…

And what then? What happens when the devs start meddling too much with the trading post?

They already do that, and everytime they do, you support them, so what’s the difference here?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

lordkrall.7241

They already do that, and everytime they do, you support them, so what’s the difference here?

The keyword is “too much”. Increasing the drop-rate is one thing but starting to lets say force a certain max price is something different entirely.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The keyword is “too much”. Increasing the drop-rate is one thing but starting to lets say force a certain max price is something different entirely.

Nobody said anything about setting a hard max price. We were talking about Anet introducing new sources and/or increasing drop chances from old ones, to better match supply with demand. And supply manipulation is something you, in all previous cases, supported wholeheartedly.

I guess all the difference here is that Anet haven’t done it yet. Once they do, you will (i guess) start saying how a wise decision that was.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

lordkrall.7241

You mean exactly like they are doing according to the very second post in this thread?
In that case, the thread should have ended with that, which it clearly didn’t.

I would also love to see all these examples of me wholeheartedly supporting supply manipulation.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

They probably intend to make them a rare drop from Giants so you can farm those

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Malediktus.9250

Farm SW til you’re about to cry, take a break and sell your spoils. Buy Giant Eyes from tp.

Fixed.

Not a fix at all. They only come with less than 0.1% chance from heavy moldy bags and even lower chance from mawdrey bags.
Who will sell you the eyes if everyone just farms the gold? A lot of people seem to be doing that already or the price would not be skyrocketing.

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

You mean exactly like they are doing according to the very second post in this thread?

Not something “they are doing”, something they have promised to do eventually. I guess the playerbase is now smart enough to not blindly believe in ArenaNet’s promises. Most of the playerbase, anyway Until ArenaNet actually implements something that works, players are right to complain, no matter what ArenaNet says.

In that case, the thread should have ended with that, which it clearly didn’t.

What, so you wanted a topic criticizing ArenaNet to stop and just vanish? Oh look, what a surprise!!!

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

maddoctor.2738

All extreme rare/not more obtainable items are manipulated in the market.
It is easy to counter from the developers that have all the data, but they don’t raise a finger. Very hard to understand, it seems that they don’t care.

Open your eyes.

Just do not buy them, make another skin.
Do not continue to fill the purses of these kittenty greedy people.

But they DO care and they ARE fixing this by changing their entire event reward system. Events on zones will reward specific materials that change everyday so players can finally CHOOSE and farm/grind events in the zone(s) that reward the materials they are looking for.

Adding incentive to go all zones. Obviously zones that reward the hardest materials will have more people, but since those will change daily it’s a great move forward.

Adding incentive to do events, which are the main attraction of the game, without adding repetitive – overly repeating events like in SW, instead we will be able to fight in far better Dynamic Chains like in Harathi Hinderlands, or Orr.

Of course this system would require extensive testing and will probably appear with HoT, together with Precursor crafting, another part of the economy that is being heavily manipulated by the rich TP players.

I’d rather take this solution over increasing drop rates. How much should those drop rates improve? And when those materials become useless should they reduce the drop rates? Should they change the drop rates daily? Weekly? Monthly?

Or just allow players to farm/grind for the SPECIFIC material they are after so the supply/demand remains normal and there is no oversupply but no undersupply either.

tl;dr The devs DO understand the problem and they DO have a solution in the works.

Giant Eyes - Fix Them.

Muusic.2967

Not to mention the fact that we already KNOW that they are doing something about it, which is shown in the blog posted in this very thread.

Would be as simple as adding a forge recipe with 4 other rare materials. The market would flood til it balances and the greedy would be left holding the bag if they don’t sell out.

I’m not advocating this for any other of the harder to find mats, but it does make one wonder when Immobulus sells for more than 18 of the 21 legendaries.

~Dr. Seuss