Give your ideas for new armor skins.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

It’s a mystery why they haven’t already done this. There are a lot of PvP exclusive armors which should be brought over.

Posted by: Noir.7691

Noir.7691

maybe put the pvp masquerade armor in the gem store? maybe add a few weapons to go with it? i’d love that http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Human_female_PvP_Masquerade_armor.jpg

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Human_male_PvP_Masquerade_armor.jpg

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Flash back armors, Elite Gladiator, Elite Druids, Elite Iceforged/Stormforged, Elite Kurzick for warrior, monk, ranger, Obsidian armor for paragon, ele, assassin.

In general:
Light armors: PANTS
Medium armors: NO COATS
Heavy Armors: MORE SKIN

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I remember reading somewhere that anet had mentioned something about all npc armor/looks would be available to users- which is false.

I’d definitely like armors that flatter female figures, not make them sex objects with their
skimpy ‘super protective fantasy armor’
I’d love more conan type armor that flattered both female & males & looked great on Charr/Asura alike.

A light armored that had owl/raven feathers in a barbaric style
A medium armor with Wolf fur around the shoulders, that’s not a coat for once
And Heavy Armor with a Bear mantle (not like the HotW headpiece) but like an actual animal skin for all.

That’s just my 2 cents & something I’d pay for

Posted by: Krusader.1204

Krusader.1204

There’s been a bunch of these post, but a bunch of them are just people upset, and trying to guilt trip Anet. As a person who already has T3 because of the look, I was excited to see an even cooler reskin, bought it with out second thoughts. Hell I was hoping Anet would reskin my protector’s armor with some cool visual effects, But now seeing some of these ridiculous reactions and comments, I can see that will never happen.

The way I see it no matter what Anet does, there will be a group angry players, those who bought Flamekissed because it looked like T3, Those who hate it because it Looks like T3. If Anet doesn’t change the armor, Human T3 players get upset, And when they reskin Flamekissed those who bought it get upset for being teased with this whole fiasco.

I know Anet is in the progress of reskining Flamekissed and those who don’t like it can get gems back, but then there are those stuck with gems(which can’t be transferred back to cash, unless Im mistaken then please inform me so) which in some cases the armors the only reason why they got gems in the first place. Im fine with you reskining Flamekissed, but give player at least the option to keep the pre-reskined that they already bought, and just don’t sell that model anymore, sell only the reskined model. With the coming of new players, and the leaving of old, within a few months flamekissed will be like other rare skins no longer obtainable, and just cool for those who have it. And a dream for those unlucky enough not to jump the gun and grab it while it lasted.

And before anyone says anything like well culture armors are supposed to be exclusive to this race blah blah blah….how Many cultures mingle now in today’s world… Being Irish decent im sorta proud to see British, Canadians, and Americans not of my heritage’s culture dress up in green and do stupid celebrations of my heritage…so Humans should be proud to see other races wanting in on that culture, but I guess that’s just my viewpoint after all.

P.S. Anet…hurry Up and reskin my T3 protector’s armor with some awesome wings of light or something…

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

In general:

^+1
Really just anything that’s not a circus tent on light armor females would be nice.

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

there were’re very beautiful with pants!

Attachments:

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

This is what we all want! and medium/light armor with more steel plating!

Attachments:

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I love many of these ideas so far! I agree, I would love for them to re-visit some of GW1’s best armor skins and bring them into the game on the gem shop, even if they updated the looks just a little bit to fit into the setting being that it’s 250 years later…Just not too much! That’s what they did with the first set of skins that were available at launch, and there are so many great sets (some of which are linked in this conversation)

I would also love to see skins that are maybe influenced by the aesthetics of the gods. I know they’re sort of-ish doing that with one of the ascended skins (i think it’s the light armor)…Even though they’re not my cup of tea lol.

Many people have requested my next attachment since launch, and we’ve never seen anything about it. I would buy this in two seconds, probably twice over (one for pvp, one for everything else)

Attachments:

Posted by: Aedil.1296

Aedil.1296

the first and the last images are artworks by an unknown (to me) artist i found a long time ago, the rest is Aion armors = property of NCsoft, I don’t think they should mind if Anet team take some ispiration from those…they really need…inspiration.

Some suggestions about medium and heavy armors also.

For general indications i’ll just quote:

In general:
Medium armors: NO COATS
Heavy Armors: MORE SKIN

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I dislike it when people post pictures of the Aion armor here. It depresses me. LOL

In all seriousness, I would LOVE it if ANet would release some more sophisticated armor in GW2. I like making my Light Armor classes look like they’re all dressed up. However, it is hard to do that (currently) because there are no high heels or fancy armor.
I’m sure it would be possible to add some though, because the art team already makes some beautiful armor designs.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

There is enough armor in GW1 that could be ported here to last the gem store a year, at least.

And most of it better than what has been offered.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

There is enough armor in GW1 that could be ported here to last the gem store a year, at least.

And most of it better than what has been offered.

I would stuff my entire wallet into the ethernet port if they rebooted the Kurzick armor sets.

It has to be the exact same ranger armor though, right down to the broken alpha on the little crotch flap piece that had no backface texture and would turn invisible if seen from behind.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Aion has these “fantasy” esque armors… I still play it from time to time actually….

But the ironic part is I wear their “casual” present day clothing from their cash shop.

haha

It’s also why I like the Secret World because I was a super powered guy in casual clothing

I guess what I’m saying is:
Casual light armor (jeans + shirt)

Casual medium (maybe hoodie WITH SLEAVES + sweatpants)

Casual heavy armor (umm… jacket + and paintball pants type?)

And plz…. no skinny jeans for the male variant if they decide on pants

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Would love to see these make a return too:

And yes I know we have the Al’ir’aska spear which is identical to the voltaic spear in GW1, but the pulsating blue bit doesn’t pulsate in GW2, and you also cannot dye it. It’s also safe to say that, apart from the white version, the black dyed version of the voltaic spear was a favourite among many people, along with the tormented shield as shown below, and the bone dragon staff.

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

I was expecting boobs and other mmo armors while I clicked this thread.

I must say that I am not disappointed.

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

kitten , all those great armors in GW1. I wish they’d just use those instead of re-skinning GW2 ones. Would’ve saved them a lot of trouble if they did that instead of the T3 human cultural for sure.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Sincanister.9812

Sincanister.9812

I would like PANTS. Not a skirt, not a dress, not pants with a skirt on one side. Regular pants. Heavy pants regular pants, medium pants, light armor pants. I want more pants skins. Give us a meta 2 week content with PANTS as a reward. Sick of this lack of pants.

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

I would like PANTS. Not a skirt, not a dress, not pants with a skirt on one side. Regular pants. Heavy pants regular pants, medium pants, light armor pants. I want more pants skins. Give us a meta 2 week content with PANTS as a reward. Sick of this lack of pants.

this omg a hundred thousand times this

PANTS FOR HEAVY PLEASE! med already got a lot of pants. Light don’t need pants.

I would love some elegant lolita style for light armor.

Posted by: Khallis.5708

Khallis.5708

my ideas, open up all armor to the cash shop if i want a full suit of Arah token armor for my necro let me pay real money for it.

Dungeon armor, Cultural armor, PVP armor … hell even Karma armor. … 10 bucks each on the store.

Sincanister.9812

my ideas, open up all armor to the cash shop if i want a full suit of Arah token armor for my necro let me pay real money for it.

Dungeon armor, Cultural armor, PVP armor … hell even Karma armor. … 10 bucks each on the store.

Yeah, also the AP gloves and junk, I want to buy these with money too.

Sincanister.9812

Oh and sorry for double post, but I want to be able to buy or craft exotic aqua breathers of all existing stat combinations. Tired of this Gaeveborn green aqua breather of lameness.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Given how skimpy many female light armours are, I suggest the following:

Attachments:

Posted by: SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas – Guardian
Guild Pro Baddies [Pro] @ Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Cresll.2406

Cresll.2406

This is what we all want! and medium/light armor with more steel plating!

/thread

More of this and less little pony stuff.
We need to stop global Disneyfication :P

Sagranax – EXG – Desolation

Terra Dactyl.2047

Light don’t need pants.

disagree. Heavy already has several pants, medium already has tons of pants (although they’re hard to see under the trenchcoats). Only “pants” light has are those baggy genie pants with the holes in them. More pants for everyone, but light armor is the one that needs pants most.

(edited by Terra Dactyl.2047)

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

Hey you ^ Light has one of the most amazing basic pair of pants in the game, go look at the AC armor dude, and preview the pants.

Heavy has one that I know of with out crazy kitten jutting out of it or hanging off of it, and thats the standard wvw badge armor pants.

Terra Dactyl.2047

Hey you ^ Light has one of the most amazing basic pair of pants in the game, go look at the AC armor dude, and preview the pants.

Those still have a skirt… Which doesn’t dye well (it looks like it needs to be washed unless you dye it black). If a skirt that length doesn’t count, heavy has a boatload of pants too.

(previewing in pvp locker so giving the spvp names):
Heavy pants with skirts of shorter/equal length to AC light armor’s skirt:
Worn chain legs
Superior Duelist’s leggings
Chain legs
Whispers leggings
Heritage

Pants with a few awkwardly bulky areas, but still pants:
Plated leggings
Priory leggings
Aetherblade

Pants with basically nothing extra:
Heavy plate leggings
Primeval

And that’s of course ignoring all of the “pants with spikes” and “pants with a single piece of cloth hanging from the back”

Light has a couple of knee-length, or ankle length skirts with pants visible underneath. AC light armor is mid-thigh (shorter than the others), but it’s still a skirt. If we don’t want a skirt on our pants, light armor basically just has the genie pants (which have something on the back that looks like they were considering adding a skirt there too, and stuff hanging off in awkward places), and the dominatrix booty shorts (profane) from the gem shop. I’d gladly trade either of those, or any of the pants with ankle length skirts, for PANTS with spikes, or PANTS with a single piece of cloth hanging from the back.

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I would love to see armors inspired by the different gods (dwayna, lyssa, grenth, etc.)

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

I would like something like:

you have a game for this, its called World of Warcraft, plenty of people enjoying it. You should join them.

I’m puzzled why some players decided to join this game if the concept they like for armor design is clearly the opposite of what GW had in the first place…

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Elite_Templar
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Warrior_Elite_Platemail_armor

These were in GW1. Arenanet made them – they know about them.
How many times must we ask for them?

Wow – can’t believe it’s been 2 pages and no heavy armor suggested – so much light and medium

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Terra Dactyl.2047

I’m puzzled why some players decided to join this game if the concept they like for armor design is clearly the opposite of what GW had in the first place…

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Mesmer_armor
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Necromancer_armor

So many light armor pants. The mesmer especially. Light armor + pants is clearly the opposite of what GW had. Yes sir.

Mesket.5728

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Elite_Templar
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Warrior_Elite_Platemail_armor

These were in GW1. Arenanet made them – they know about them.
How many times must we ask for them?

Wow – can’t believe it’s been 2 pages and no heavy armor suggested – so much light and medium

Indeed… GW1 have amazing skins and those automatically fit in. Kurzick armor, now those were some beatiful skins too.

… And its also true that all suggestion was light and medium and to be honest, some are kind of weird… its like I join a basket online game and ask for my shirt to look like a bullet proof vest because I also like counter strike… O.o

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

To throw out an idea, what about new crafted armor / weapon recipes/skins based on vendor trash? I remember at the height of the loot nerfs last year there were many people suggesting that it would be nice if we could craft something like armor from all those porous bones you get in CS. It was so bad it had actually become a running joke. It used to be much worse than it is now. When it was actually worthwhile to farm there you could see upwards of 100 porous bones/hour. Which realistically is ridiculous.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

Mesket.5728

So many light armor pants. The mesmer especially. Light armor + pants is clearly the opposite of what GW had. Yes sir.

I’d love to see more pants to be honest. Specially more Mesmer “Victorian tuxedos” (sry, my english is not the best). What I definitely don’t want to see is more lineage alike skins or wow particle fx on top of players.

(edited by Mesket.5728)

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

I wouldn’t mind seeing them do a rework on the winged armor.

Posted by: Tyrannus Blade.3408

Tyrannus Blade.3408

I’ve always wished I could get Dark Souls armour for my characters in GW2. The design of armour and the modelling is superb in that game. Armours made of solid material like rock or metal don’t noticeably stretch and warp like in Guild Wars 2, rather they are designed to fit the character and their movements.
A general change that I would like to see is the way different parts of armour react to dyes. Metal should look like metal while leather straps or fabric areas should look like leather and fabric. Some armours do react well and will take a shiny chrome look if silver is a applied while others like my T3 heavy charr armour will just be matt silver.

Attachments:

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

I wouldn’t mind seeing them do a rework on the winged armor.

I don’t know what it looks like on other classes, but I actually really like the Winged Headpiece (Only 4s40c) on an Asura and transmuted it’s skin over several much more expensive things like the Exalted Masque at 4g32s. I’m running Jatoro’s Mask right now, but and considering changing it over to the Winged Headpiece. The right colors make all the difference.

Posted by: Cerai.9741

Cerai.9741

Armor sets made by each race, as a sign of goodwill to the other races.

While not the same as cultural armors, these essentially would be a cultural gift set. Armors that are inspired and influenced by some of the fictional craftsman’s cultural armors, while still maintaining a distinct visual identity. After all, who wouldn’t want an outfit inspired by Eir’s wolfborn? In this method, the cool bits of each culture could be represented on any character without sacrificing the uniqueness of their actual sets.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Armor sets made by each race, as a sign of goodwill to the other races.

While not the same as cultural armors, these essentially would be a cultural gift set. Armors that are inspired and influenced by some of the fictional craftsman’s cultural armors, while still maintaining a distinct visual identity. After all, who wouldn’t want an outfit inspired by Eir’s wolfborn? In this method, the cool bits of each culture could be represented on any character without sacrificing the uniqueness of their actual sets.

We already have some of it. The magitech medium armor, for example, seems asura designed, phoenix has a human vibe to it, and Braham’s armor is definitively norn designed, not to mention the dungeon armors (AC and CM = human, TA= sylvari, CoF = charr, CoE = asura, HotW = norn). Still, I’d also like more cultural based armor for other races, specially I’d like one shiny heavy sylvari style armor.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Those still have a skirt… Which doesn’t dye well (it looks like it needs to be washed unless you dye it black). If a skirt that length doesn’t count, heavy has a boatload of pants too.

Assuming you are talking about male pants …
I think you are looking at the top tab of the AC dungeon armour. The second Tab has the special armour.
I guarantee that the Light AC armor dose not have a skirt for male characters. I have two sets that my Norn Necro, and my Human Elementalist use.

If you are talking about female armour, then I stand corrected.

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

For the love of Tyria, just give me a short jacket or a shirt for my male ranger – I’m running around bare chested because I’d rather have no coat than yet another long trenchcoat knockoff

Posted by: Witaminka.4650

Witaminka.4650

i want some armors from GW1

Attachments:

GW1 – 4,100+ / GW2 – 10,300+ hours played
server jumper

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

You could have chosen the ele. But nope, you went with necro which has nearly as many skirts as it has pants (without any skirt attached to it) for female. And nearly all of the skirts in GW1 looked better on the character than those in GW2.

Even mesmers had 10 pants. And actually, the dresses are all part of the top armor, the leggings are hose in those kind of sets.

EDIT : Hahahahaha I realized it was sarcasm, sorry xD.

(edited by RedStar.4218)

Posted by: Syrpharon.7491

Syrpharon.7491

I demand that some of the new armors should be created separately and specifically for each race. Like adding new choices to the skins for cultural armors.
I always wanted to create a big and strong Alpha male looking Charr, but with the current armors is very limited if not impossible. Also the armors are thought to be for everyone, and this makes each culture disappear.

And to think that they were in the concept art, complete with tattoos…

Attachments:

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

I’ll take anything with fewer trenchcoats and buttcapes.

Also if they were gender-balanced, that would be sweet.

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

(edited by Oniyui.8279)