Give your ideas for new armor skins.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dejan.3856

dejan.3856

As im playing human male thief, even a simplest shirt that doesnt fall below waist would be the best thing ever created in the game and absolute first choice. Or they could release hoodie (from town clothes) as combat armor :P

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

With the amount of people playing medium armor classes I feel I’m not seeing enough booty.

Posted by: Ayane Hajinmon.9165

Ayane Hajinmon.9165

put some Flame into this necro Vabbian armor set from Guild Wars 1…it will look epic

Attachments:

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

I’ll take anything with fewer trenchcoats and buttcapes.

Also if they were gender-balanced, that would be sweet.

Needs to be quoted for emphasis.

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

I don’t think they are running low on idea, I think they are running low on time because they have bitten off more than they can chew after promising new content on bi-weekly basis. If they can admit their mistake and slow down on the quantity of updates,i think we can start to see improvement in the quality instead.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I don’t think they are running low on idea, I think they are running low on time because they have bitten off more than they can chew after promising new content on bi-weekly basis. If they can admit their mistake and slow down on the quantity of updates,i think we can start to see improvement in the quality instead.

Feel lucky each day you aren’t waking up to “Well, we might have set the bar too high. But because we want to do more things and we have technical limitations, we are going to make GW3, we will give you news when it’s ready”.

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Feel lucky each day you aren’t waking up to “Well, we might have set the bar too high. But because we want to do more things and we have technical limitations, we are going to make GW3, we will give you news when it’s ready”.

hehe,i don’t mind actually. Since revamping this game will cause alot of uproar just like the skins,might as well make a new game and make it right from the start.

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

There’s nothing wrong with bi-weekly updates it’s how they’re doing them. If they did one update that is only content/pve and then two weeks later did a pvp/balance update then it’d give each team more time.

Galphar.3901

Only if they give me what was promised 6 years ago when they announced GW2: GW with an OPEN WORLD. I hate the skills being tied to weapons and the armor being race oriented and not Profession oriented. But the biggest thing missing from GW2 is the Battle Ilses,Hall of Heroes and GvG(this is GUILD WARS after all).

Verdelet Arconia.6987

There’s nothing wrong with bi-weekly updates it’s how they’re doing them. If they did one update that is only content/pve and then two weeks later did a pvp/balance update then it’d give each team more time.

you have a good point there

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

+1

<3 Korean designs…well, minus some of the street walker outfits.

They’re just so intricate.

Anet should look at L2 also for inspirations.

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

you have a good point there

Also, it’s important to note that there are separate teams for separate projects in MMO’s and not everything is tied together hand in hand. The art department team that designs armor skins probably isn’t on the same deadline/schedule that the content developers are for the bi-weekly updates, etc.

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I wish some of the art Devs would post in some of the armor topics so we could talk to them. =/

They do good work, I’d just like some feedback on whether or not it is possible that they might take some of these ideas into consideration.

Posted by: samanosuke.4508

samanosuke.4508

I think just by providing us with more dyeable areas on existing armour would allow us to be more creative with our looks.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Agreed…

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I wish some of the art Devs would post in some of the armor topics so we could talk to them. =/

They do good work, I’d just like some feedback on whether or not it is possible that they might take some of these ideas into consideration.

I agree! Kristen Perry does sometimes post here and there on topics such as these so perhaps she or any other developers may join in our conversation as all are of course welcome to do so.

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Lineage 2 has beautiful armor sets and weapon designs…check them:

http://www.lineage2media.com/pictures/kamael%20weapons%20gallery.jpg

Red

I miss my overenchanted Dynasty Bow. T_T

Wings of Dwayna doesn’t even compare…

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

You’re gonna have to convince them to rehire whomever they had create the armor for all of GW1.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ranger_armor
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Assassin_armor

Before that, they absolutely need to fire and erase from the face of earth the dude who made GW2 armors..

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I demand that some of the new armors should be created separately and specifically for each race. Like adding new choices to the skins for cultural armors.
I always wanted to create a big and strong Alpha male looking Charr, but with the current armors is very limited if not impossible. Also the armors are thought to be for everyone, and this makes each culture disappear.

And to think that they were in the concept art, complete with tattoos…

This is a good demand. The reason the Flamekissed armor I have is so valuable to me is that Sylvari have fantastic skin colors, hair styles and colors, glows, eye colors and the armor puts that on full display and complements it. Sadly, someone decided that the sylvari cultural armors should cover as much of their great attributes as possible. A cultural armor for Sylvari designed to emphasize and complement their attributes rather than cover up and replace them would be really welcome.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

The one in the picture was designed by Kekai Kotaki, I believe it makes a good example.

We also need more tight medium armor since we already have heaps of coats, like catsuits ala G.I. Joe’s Baroness.

Attachments:

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

(edited by Hermes.7014)

videoboy.4162

The one in the picture was designed by Kekai Kotaki, I believe it makes a good example.

We also need more tight light armor since we already have heaps of coats, like catsuits ala G.I. Joe’s Baroness.

I want that, take all my money!

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Elite_Templar
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Warrior_Elite_Platemail_armor

These were in GW1. Arenanet made them – they know about them.
How many times must we ask for them?

Wow – can’t believe it’s been 2 pages and no heavy armor suggested – so much light and medium

Lest we forget…

Batman Armor

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Warrior_Elite_Kurzick_armor

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

Asuras outfits that I would love to see!

Attachments:

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

1. Female light armor pants
2. Medium armor no trenchcoat

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

1. More skimpy male armors and more “frilly” male armors – why should only the women get to go around half dressed and in feathers? But seriously – I want to show off my male sylvari’s glow and skin patterns and more “guycandy” options would be nice. Also – revealing sets on a female toon that are also revealing on a male (Pit Fighter is a great example of how that’s done).

2. Mage type robes for light female classes, with pants underneath please. I’d love to see a set of beautifully decorated robes (maybe with runes on the fabric and flowing sleeves) minus the revealing bit. Male light armor classes, female charr and female asura get these, why can’t humans, sylvari and norn have them too?

3. A nice looking heavy female closed helmet like the male Phalanx had.

4. Leather armor and “swashbuckling” type armors for medium that do not fall into the “Oh look, a trenchcoat” category. Rangers and Engi’s would likely wear some thicker protection anyhow.

5. More dye-able channels on armor – think of the money to be made on dye packs!

6. Pants for female toons. Please stop with the mini skirts and the poofy skirts on everything, our thighs are not made of steel.

7. Heavy armor for females minus “boob windows”, “hip windows” or any windows unless both male and female armors feature them.

8. Sylvari type plant armor made to be revealing to showcase glow and skin patterns.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I’d like to see some decent female heavy full armored sets like these 2. Well the 2nd armor set isn’t completely full armored but it looks good.

Attachments:

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Also if they were gender-balanced, that would be sweet.

I think Heavy armors actually need more buttcapes, not less.

Posted by: Babychoochoo.5690

Babychoochoo.5690

At this point, I feel like I’m starting to sound like a broken record, but just add some medium armor that in no way even slightly resembles anything close to trenchcoat. I already made a post about it a while back:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Can-ranger-get-away-from-drench-coats/first#post3173897

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Would look good on a human and norn, but not to sure about asura and char.

Attachments:

Posted by: Rentlle.1370

Rentlle.1370

as i said in this thread
inspiration enough; hire the guy who made this armors!!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/hero-armor/first#post3273667

Posted by: Sincanister.9812

Sincanister.9812

I would also like to see some light armor skins that didn’t look like crap on Charr. My main is a Charr Mesmer, and his armor is so hard to make look good. The Arah Top is the only top that looks good on Charr for light armor. Every other skin in the game sucks on Charr for light top. I mean the Light armor t3 looks horrible. Please redo Charr T3 Light armor and make it good. Heres a idea of what looks good, 1. No tiaras seriously why would my toon want a blue star on my head that nobody will see? My toon is not a contestant of for a miss America padgent. Give me a cool hood that is half way down and sticks out like the town clothes vest hood but just the hood part as non town town clothes armor. 2. I don’t want light armor that looks like scaly medium amror with a skirt. 3. No more skirts. No half skirts, no skirts no dresses no bathrobes. I want pants or long shorts that don’t look like bondage clothes or have strange pockets like AC light pants. Seriously regular pants, cargo pants, Cloth Jeans or something that looks like I would wear it. 4. Nothing “Sexy”. I want serious looking clothes not something to wack it to. 5. And lastly I want hats that don’t turn my toon bald when equiped. Seriously look at the light Aetherblade helm and tell me it looks good on a Charr. I dare you. It makes my Charr bald. All his hair that I picked out, his black mane… suddenly gone when wearing this helm. Seriously do some better layering.

tldr: pants, no crowns, better shirts, fix your layering, no more bald charr

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I would also like to see some light armor skins that didn’t look like crap on Charr. My main is a Charr Mesmer, and his armor is so hard to make look good. The Arah Top is the only top that looks good on Charr for light armor. Every other skin in the game sucks on Charr for light top. I mean the Light armor t3 looks horrible. Please redo Charr T3 Light armor and make it good. Heres a idea of what looks good, 1. No tiaras seriously why would my toon want a blue star on my head that nobody will see? My toon is not a contestant of for a miss America padgent. Give me a cool hood that is half way down and sticks out like the town clothes vest hood but just the hood part as non town town clothes armor. 2. I don’t want light armor that looks like scaly medium amror with a skirt. 3. No more skirts. No half skirts, no skirts no dresses no bathrobes. I want pants or long shorts that don’t look like bondage clothes or have strange pockets like AC light pants. Seriously regular pants, cargo pants, Cloth Jeans or something that looks like I would wear it. 4. Nothing “Sexy”. I want serious looking clothes not something to wack it to. 5. And lastly I want hats that don’t turn my toon bald when equiped. Seriously look at the light Aetherblade helm and tell me it looks good on a Charr. I dare you. It makes my Charr bald. All his hair that I picked out, his black mane… suddenly gone when wearing this helm. Seriously do some better layering.

tldr: pants, no crowns, better shirts, fix your layering, no more bald charr

I completely agree with you that charr could use some much better options when it comes to light armor, but as far as the cultural goes I guess it’s an example of different strokes for different folks, personally I don’t like the design of T1 and T2 charr light, but T3 is one of the few light armors that I think look great on a Charr.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: smeen.4237

smeen.4237

So here’s an idea that I’ve been walking around with for some time now:

ArenaNet should start an armor design contest. The community here is very creative and I believe that there would be great results if we let these creative people design armor.

Posted by: ThatnOOb.6234

ThatnOOb.6234

My main character is a Male Asura Ranger, I have yet to find a single top or head piece I like for my character (currently wearing CoE chest as it doesn’t make me want to scrape my brains out with a ice cream scooper but is still awful / hiding head)

Medium Chest Pieces are all trench coats of different themes, one or two of them look okay if you are playing a Thief or Engi but nothing that screams Ranger.

Medium Head Pieces are all Fugly mouth guards, Novelty Pimp hats, Novelty Pimp hats with Fugly mouth guards or Fugly Ninja hoods.

As for what I want : More Variate!!!!

Posted by: Zee.1294

Zee.1294

This is the armor i want….

Common Anet make it happen xD

Attachments:

Viggen ( SF ) warrior – JQ
Want some…..come get some !

Posted by: krieb.6039

krieb.6039

Fairy armor with butterfly wings and a flower crown.

Also, a suggestion for a focus skin (sorry I realize this is an armor thread) would be a plush handbag with a picture of a cat (like a hello kitty handbag). I think that would be pretty cute.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

You want a bear backpack?..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

I couldn’t think of any other pictures, and this one isn’t really that great, but the main idea is… we need more heavy, full armor in this knight-ish look, especially for females.

Not everyone wants to look like a kitten thug or barbarian while playing a Guardian or Warrior, and although the Draconic Set is awesome, it’s been a while since I last changed it…

What it must have (imo):
- Armor covering nearly the entire body. If you want to show skin, show as little as possible and in areas that make sense.
- Skirt. Being a robot is nice and cool but I think there’s already 3 or more sets that we get to dress Gundam. Tights might look sexy on females but please, avoid it. Draconic Leggings and some variation (like the attached pic) is what looks cool in a knight-ish set.
- Imposing Shoulders/Chest. This is where the Draconic Set fails, but luckily there’s plenty of great shoulders that fit nicely with it.

This plus a great shield… would look awesome on Guardians.
Next we’d only need a nice, non-rusted longsword (and not knife-length) such as the Ghastly Sword (best one handed sword skin in the game!) without all those fancy and weird concepts.

Sometimes, simple is the best.

Attachments:

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I couldn’t think of any other pictures, and this one isn’t really that great, but the main idea is… we need more heavy, full armor in this knight-ish look, especially for females.

For females you say….

Attachments:

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

I’d love to have the Kodan chestpiece… not the lame armor from the Kodan dungeon…the ones the Kodan are wearing.

Also… I would give my firstborn for a Kylek armor. Those aztec designed armors are amazing.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: smeen.4237

smeen.4237

Let me help you with that friend.

Attachments:

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Enough with the armor skins. Let’s see some more creative and/or fun items on the gemstore.

At least take the musical instrument mechanics and make a guitar.

Aerlen.5326

I’d like to see some decent female heavy full armored sets like these 2. Well the 2nd armor set isn’t completely full armored but it looks good.

I’d buy that first one ASAP. That is exactly what I want to see – “feminine” armor that isn’t about skirts and boob windows.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Aerlen.5326

Fairy armor with butterfly wings and a flower crown.

Also, a suggestion for a focus skin (sorry I realize this is an armor thread) would be a plush handbag with a picture of a cat (like a hello kitty handbag). I think that would be pretty cute.

I am for this if I can also put it on a guy….

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I’d love to have the Kodan chestpiece… not the lame armor from the Kodan dungeon…the ones the Kodan are wearing.

Also… I would give my firstborn for a Kylek armor. Those aztec designed armors are amazing.

Nitpicking time ! This isn’t a Kodan, it’s a norn in bear form :p
Doesn’t one of the norn cultural armor loos like this ?

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I know this is incredibly radical, but please bear with me. What if they made… more non-tench coats for medium armor classes?
((Please pardon my sarcasm. But really: I’m a girly girl, I’d like some more girly-girl choices. Excluding unboob and S&M get-ups.))

I know what you mean lol. I really love corsets & skirts, don’t necessarily have to be naked to be sexy etc. But there are indeed an over-abundance of coats.

You’re gonna have to convince them to rehire whomever they had create the armor for all of GW1.

The ranger norn armor was arguably one of the best ranger sets ArenaNet designed.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

of course it is…unless kodan’s now vacation in the Caribbean, ive never seen a polar bear so brown.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

videoboy.4162

It’s Jora and her brother, Svanir, from Guild Wars 1.

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

I demand that some of the new armors should be created separately and specifically for each race. Like adding new choices to the skins for cultural armors.
I always wanted to create a big and strong Alpha male looking Charr, but with the current armors is very limited if not impossible. Also the armors are thought to be for everyone, and this makes each culture disappear.

And to think that they were in the concept art, complete with tattoos…

This is a good demand. The reason the Flamekissed armor I have is so valuable to me is that Sylvari have fantastic skin colors, hair styles and colors, glows, eye colors and the armor puts that on full display and complements it. Sadly, someone decided that the sylvari cultural armors should cover as much of their great attributes as possible. A cultural armor for Sylvari designed to emphasize and complement their attributes rather than cover up and replace them would be really welcome.

I have a similar gripe about the norn cultural light armor (and light armor on female norn in general). They have some beautiful tattoos, and the light cultural armors all cover basically 100% of most of the tattoos, which is just silly. It’s like hanging heavy drapes over a stained glass window.

I can understand going for a more conservative look for the game in general, but the norn cultural armor should really be showing off the only physically unique thing about the race (aside from being 8 feet tall), not hiding it. And if you look at some of the skins for other armor types, or the t3 light human cultural armor, the “going for more conservative” argument kind of loses something.

Galphar.3901

I know this is incredibly radical, but please bear with me. What if they made… more non-tench coats for medium armor classes?
((Please pardon my sarcasm. But really: I’m a girly girl, I’d like some more girly-girl choices. Excluding unboob and S&M get-ups.))

I know what you mean lol. I really love corsets & skirts, don’t necessarily have to be naked to be sexy etc. But there are indeed an over-abundance of coats.

The ranger norn armor was arguably one of the best ranger sets ArenaNet designed.

You mean the one that has the trench coat? The thing all Rangers in GW2 seem to hate. Nah, for me it was the Elite Luxon armor.