Maliel.8362

I knew this armor looked familiar.

Attachments:

Give your ideas for new armor skins.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

I knew this armor looked familiar.

Hell yes! I want my elite knight set from Dark souls!

Posted by: Reckless Haste.4928

Reckless Haste.4928

I personally liked a lot of the armor setups from Warhammer Online. I played Destruction so I was more familiar with the Chosen, Marauders and Witch Elves.

Asylums Refuge [AsR] Wrath Of Menzies [WaR]
Cpt Grom – warrior
Dragonbrand

Posted by: vonbladewing.5973

vonbladewing.5973

Captain Commander of a Sky Edge Piracy

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Skulls, dangling on a belt, or stuck on spines on the shoulders, and more skulls in sword gear or hammer gear, wouldn’t mind a two handed hammer with a skull top, like the mace in The Hobbit.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I’m really hoping they’d reconsider townclothes and allow us to use them for combat. If not that, I’d really like some more cultural armors… Here are some from GW1 that can be used for humans.

The last one, I think would make for a wonderful flamekissed armor reskin though it’s the avatar of dwayna for dervish.

Attachments:

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Attachments:

Posted by: Quizotic.2815

Quizotic.2815

I demand more skimpy armor for men!

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Wow. Some really nice ones in there.

ANet seems stuck in a rut design wise, or else somebody is holding a tight leash on the artists and making everything conform to a narrow template.

I would kill a Quaggan to have this one as a medium armor.

I think they just lack artists and resources. After all NCsoft really reigned in funding. They take the cash shop profits and then decide how much they want to give back to Anet to pump back into the game… Atm it’s not very much which is why there is so much recycled content.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I’d love to see this guy make armor sets for GW2

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/users/3140055/?tb=mods&pUp=1

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Wow those are some amazing ideas! I’ve been browsing when I get the time on pinterest at different concepts and designs that aren’t from other games (that I am aware of) for the sake of variety.

I came across a page that had some really nice ones and I’ll post more from it later but in the mean time, this one is kind of cool to me.

Attachments:

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Can get more..

(edited by Scoobaniec.9561)

Posted by: Tyrannus Blade.3408

Tyrannus Blade.3408

Before they make new armour I would really like them to make all the old armour fit races other than humans. Everyone knows that when they make armour they model and texture it on a human frame then stretch it to fit the other races.
Probably the most painfully obvious example of this is HotW shoulders on a norn male compared to a human as well as every armour on any charr ever (seriously, at this point I don’t even have to look at an armour before I say “looks bad on a charr” and yet I’ll still be right 99% of the time.)
Here’s some of the things I would say that needs doing:
1. Every race needs it’s own model and texture, not an adapted humans.
2. Charr need to stand up straighter and be more like their concept art. Their current stance is a big reason why a lot of armours look so silly.
3. Armour models need to behave better. This is most noticeable on heavy armour and is when supposedly solid bits of metal, usually shoulders, bend. Metal should be rigid where possible.
4. Armour should be less flat. Many armours are just a texture on a smooth body giving them a very fake look. Related to this is how some pieces have no depth to them at all. As in if you were to look at them from the side they would disappear, again this makes the piece look like its made from paper.

Also while you’re at it, add this concept Charr armour.

Attachments:

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Also while you’re at it, add this concept Charr armour.

If they even make more cultural armors, i hope its will be t4.. A happy panda guaranteed

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

He has one of my favourite character designs, so I’m ever so slightly biased, but I can’t emphasise how quickly my money would fly from my bank account if male scholars got access to some Kuja-esque armour <3

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

This is the armor i want….

Common Anet make it happen xD

I want that hair and tattoo pattern too…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

My first contribution is an idea for a mesmer-friendly set using concept art from AION’s bard class.

Slightly offtopic but you can make something which looks like that in game.

I can’t recall anything for the female from the top of my head (although I think the temple (Armageddon) top looks kind of like the female’s).

For the male, Aristocrat top + Inquest pants should look something like that. I’ll find an old screenshot which has it on…

(edited by Xae Isareth.1364)

Posted by: Sincanister.9812

Sincanister.9812

I would also like a Unicorn helmet. For all armor classes.

Shanna.4762

My first contribution is an idea for a mesmer-friendly set using concept art from AION’s bard class.

Slightly offtopic but you can make something which looks like that in game.

I can’t recall anything for the female from the top of my head (although I think the temple (Armageddon) top looks kind of like the female’s).

For the male, Aristocrat top + Inquest pants should look something like that. I’ll find an old screenshot which has it on…

Eh sort of…….But I really like the sleeker look of the one in the art, combined with the frilly skirt lol.

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Less skimpy skirts and ‘look at my boobs’ for scholars – more pants please
That’s pretty much all I ask.

Although I really wouldn’t mind having some more asian-y options for all armor classes – I really loved the ranger armor from factions, btw. Or something like the GW1 monk armors…

Polka will never die

Posted by: joarh.3602

joarh.3602

i had not play gw1 so give me some gw1 shins that is a good idea.

Posted by: smeen.4237

smeen.4237

Well, just looking at what my female mesmer would like to wear, I’d say this one.

Attachments:

Posted by: Hurin.5467

Hurin.5467

I would give anything for armor like this:

Attachments:

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I’d like to see some Middle Eastern influenced armour, along the same lines as Saracen or Bedouin styles.

Attachments:

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Well, just looking at what my female mesmer would like to wear, I’d say this one.

Or this maybe.

Attachments:

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

He has one of my favourite character designs, so I’m ever so slightly biased, but I can’t emphasise how quickly my money would fly from my bank account if male scholars got access to some Kuja-esque armour <3

God YES.

I would PAY THROUGH THE NOSE for Kuja-esque male armor.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: smeen.4237

smeen.4237

Or this maybe.

Oh yeah, I love that one too.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Some of the best skins come from GW1.

This is one of my favorites for “clothies” (namely monk, but it could be adapted for eles, mesmers, and necros.)

Attachments:

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

The armor in GW were great. I’d love to see some new stuff in GW2 that uses those as inspiration. And especially the dervish transformations. They were awesome.

Also, anime has some incredible armors that could be drawn from for ideas. Obviously, there are a lot of anime with completely unrealistic (mostly female) armor that are just skimpy excuses for clothes. GW2 seems to be delving more & more into steampunk designs and anime sure has a lot of that for inspiration.

The Final Fantasy game series has always had some amazing armors. They are never straight pant, jacket, shirt, boots but rather layers of sleeves and armor and hanging fabric and asymmetrical wraps and such. So unique.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: sakurals.7143

sakurals.7143

That GW1 skins looks good, i didn’t play the game, so for me, to have those armors in some way would be really nice, they are great!

Posted by: Frog.8217

Frog.8217

GW1 gods armors. balthazar one is kitten

Kalevala – Far Shiver Peaks

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I want the cape on mu-12 from BlazeBlu or the blade from Anubus from Zone of Enders

Attachments:

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I just want some honest to goodness pants for light armor. The viper top would look awesome with a pair of pants of similar material to the top.

Also, maybe some decent boots with heels, my mesmer is displeased with the lack of decent heels for her outfits.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Shanna.4762

I’d like to see some Middle Eastern influenced armour, along the same lines as Saracen or Bedouin styles.

I would, too! I hadn’t really even thought about this but Middle Eastern armour can be gorgeous and would really fit the more Elona-inclined players.

I just want some honest to goodness pants for light armor. The viper top would look awesome with a pair of pants of similar material to the top.

Also, maybe some decent boots with heels, my mesmer is displeased with the lack of decent heels for her outfits.

Yeah, mine is too. Lol. The more heels for light armor, the better!

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I would, too! I hadn’t really even thought about this but Middle Eastern armour can be gorgeous and would really fit the more Elona-inclined players.

Yeah, mine is too. Lol. The more heels for light armor, the better!

My Ele and Mesmer want to sign the High Heels Petition.

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

berserker from fate zero – - lol

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Shanna.4762

I saw this and really liked it.

Attachments:

Posted by: Flaming.4250

Flaming.4250

How about this armour (it’s from an old MMO Tabula Rasa) as a medium armour.
http://tabularasa.wikia.com/wiki/File:Sarah-Morrison2.jpg

Posted by: nica.5829

nica.5829

I’ll take anything with fewer trenchcoats and buttcapes.

Also if they were gender-balanced, that would be sweet.

Needs to be quoted for emphasis.

YES! It does.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

More skins I’d like to see in game:

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Shanna.4762

These are really pretty, as well. I found them on pinterest. Stylish, but different.

PS: Good hairstyle idea as well in the first one. I love the sorta gothic harlequin mask/paint too.

I know I posted the 3rd one somewhere above, but I think the art style fits in with this set so I posted it again.

Attachments:

(edited by Shanna.4762)

Posted by: Elana.2584

Elana.2584

I’d just like to echo what some others have said about GW1 armors; there were so many amazing options to choose from. I’d gladly fling my wallet and all the money in it at ANet if I could dress my ranger and thief in the first picture on this list.

Actually, I’d probably do that if they released any of the armors on this list. xD

Attachments:

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

ITT: Skins that don’t fit the overall design flow of the game.

Posted by: Lanceor.2763

Lanceor.2763

My next contribution is a piece of concept art I found floating around the internet a few days ago and I liked most of the design. Another light armor set (can you tell my main is currently a mesmer lol)

Someone said it may be from a game called Magna Carta. Whatever the case, I think it would be neat to have something similar, it’s stylish and fits the setting of GW2. She’s not naked, but it’s still really feminine and fantasy-like and could honestly work for medium armor, too.

That design is called Le Noir armor and is from a game called Granado Espada SEA, or Sword of the New world in NA that games central costume design is based off baroque era. I’d like to see them in gw2 as well

Jade Quarry

Posted by: Aktarus.5612

Aktarus.5612

I just don’t want any new armor skins (pretty or not), that are not in already poors game features (+ 1 years…) ,end game,rewards…

I don’t want more cash-shop-ONLY-new armors.Or BLK weapons skins-ONLY.

No more ugly ascended armors/weapons crafted in a money sink way, too…

I want to have fun, and get hardly/longly news skins on best-stats-stuff wich MUST be easy to access,like GW1…..And why not selling them TOO in cash shop, for those who got more money than time or patience.

Less LS, more skills, more usefull rewards, more professions, more pvp/gvg/hoh/AB mods…and that’s all.

If we fairly get that a day,maybe i would spend and support game devellopement…On a game that i have already payed, with basically the right to get for free, all stuff inside it, in other way than with a CB ONLY. ( Gems price get an infinite Hyper-inflation…)

We are not all cashcow or korean, we are sometime aware customers.

Like/ Dislike speech is off.

Shanna.4762

I just don’t want any new armor skins (pretty or not), that are not in already poors game features (+ 1 years…) ,end game,rewards…

I don’t want more cash-shop-ONLY-new armors.Or BLK weapons skins-ONLY.

No more ugly ascended armors/weapons crafted in a money sink way, too…

I want to have fun, and get hardly/longly news skins on best-stats-stuff wich MUST be easy to access,like GW1…..And why not selling them TOO in cash shop, for those who got more money than time or patience.

Less LS, more skills, more usefull rewards, more professions, more pvp/gvg/hoh/AB mods…and that’s all.

If we fairly get that a day,maybe i would spend and support game devellopement…On a game that i have already payed, with basically the right to get for free, all stuff inside it, in other way than with a CB ONLY. ( Gems price get an infinite Hyper-inflation…)

We are not all cashcow or korean, we are sometime aware customers.

Like/ Dislike speech is off.

I agree that it would be nice to have new in-game only acquirable sets (I mean, we have ascended now and it’s heck of a pain to acquire, and they’re mostly hideous). So I don’t think people trust ArenaNet’s approach to gear acquisition anymore. Armor Skins are a huge money maker for most MMO’s that have an in-game shop so I don’t begrudge them selling armor skins on there at all for that. But whatever the case I really do hope they put more effort into making genuinely attractive sets in the coming future.

Shanna.4762

I like this one, it’s from a concept art somewhere. I think it’s skimpy without being ridiculous and could fit a mesmer/light armor class very well, as well as possibly medium.

Attachments:

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

((Please pardon my sarcasm. But really: I’m a girly girl, I’d like some more girly-girl choices. Excluding unboob and S&M get-ups.))

I wouldn’t consider unboob girly-girl lol. All my friends drool for the unboob medium armor to the point that it makes me smh. I would love to see some medium armor that says female without showing female skin.

I had quite a bit of trouble gearing out my female necromancer when most of the light armor rivals medium armor with the amount of material it appears to use yet they cover nothing.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

Shanna.4762

I think part of the problem is that while there’s a lot of “covered” armor for women, a vast majority of it is hideous and are accompanied by not being complimentary of the female form/figure.