Attachments:

Give your ideas for new armor skins.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Guardian.5142

Guardian.5142

Whoa, why wasn’t this made!?!?!?

anet pls

NO CAPES!

What did ANET do when the sheer mass of the event ZERG was too much for the server to support?
They had to SPAWN MORE OVERFLOWS!

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I didnt read through the pages, so sorry if I maybe repost something that has already been posted by someone other:
Here are some Armors that I’d love to see in GW2:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/014/4/6/desert_armor_design_by_chanmeleon-d5rhrok.jpg – MEDIUM

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/033/b/0/thief_by_tahra-d38lwb8.jpg – MEDIUM

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/087/b/1/study_character_by_tahra-d4u7d7s.jpg – LIGHT

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs20/f/2007/262/4/3/___character_design_by_randis.jpg – LIGHT

http://huntersinsight.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/blue_mace_man_concept_art.jpg – HEAVY (haven’t seen this one yet in the game)

http://s.cghub.com/files/Image/661001-662000/661575/495_max.jpg – HEAVY (just the armor, not the wings xD)

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

anet pls

NO CAPES!

I saw an interview with Mr. Colin where they said capes were a work in progress a long time ago, don’t know if this is still the case but it probably is. I know I would looooooooooove capes, with all the back pieces they put so much effort into that capes would be an eventuality.

@Orpheal, those are really really good. I would die for that 1st light set.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

………………

Attachments:

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

I think part of the problem is that while there’s a lot of “covered” armor for women, a vast majority of it is hideous and are accompanied by not being complimentary of the female form/figure.

Ascended armor is a work of art, covers everything while staying complimentary.
At first I thought it looked ugly when it was introduced but you just need to find the right dyes.
It would take something incredibly better for me to even think of transmuting it into something else.

Attachments:

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: jaka.9635

jaka.9635

At first I thought it looked ugly when it was introduced but you just need to find the right dyes.
It would take something incredibly better for me to even think of transmuting it into something else.

Can you tell me which dyes you used?
That combo looks awesome btw, good job!

Posted by: Sinifair.1026

Sinifair.1026

That combo looks awesome btw, good job!

Agreed. Those are some very nice color combinations.

Sinifair.1026

Personally, I think that looking at some of the armors from GW1 would be a start. Kurzick and Luxon Heavy armors were quite nice. There are also some very nice medium and light designs among the GW1 armors.
- I also think that concept art from GW1 and 2 hold some yet-to-be-implemented armor sets.
- The ideas posted here which are basically concept art from other games will not fit the GW2 scene (though, I would think you mean it as “something like this, Anet”).

Sinifair.1026

anet pls

NO CAPES!

Was that a reference to “The Incredibles”?

Shanna.4762

Personally, I think that looking at some of the armors from GW1 would be a start. Kurzick and Luxon Heavy armors were quite nice. There are also some very nice medium and light designs among the GW1 armors.
- I also think that concept art from GW1 and 2 hold some yet-to-be-implemented armor sets.
- The ideas posted here which are basically concept art from other games will not fit the GW2 scene (though, I would think you mean it as “something like this, Anet”).

I think some GW1 skins should definitely be added into GW2, possibly even updated a little bit to match the fact this game is 250 years later so long as they keep the same basic styles.

And yeah, the concepts from other games and such is very much a “something like this” type of suggestion in direction for potential new sets. Not an exact copy, but something that fits into GW2. Some are more of a departure than others are though. I think that GW2 offers a much broader opportunity for more varied styles than GW1 did, though as each campaign had a relatively uniform design as you went on. In this game you see more variety even within the same race such as the differences between T1-3 cultural sets so I do believe they can push for a greater variety without disrupting anything.

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

I’d like to see a return of quite a few Guild Wars 1 armors. More specifically;

Attachments:

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I’d like to see more than just one from gw1 to return.

Attachments:

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

As long as it isn’t more trench-coats. Where GW1 was lacking in long coats, GW2 has too many of them. Perhaps they could rework a couple of GW1 designs for GW2.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Something revealing but tasteful.
A Heavy armor that looks similar to T3 Human Medium.

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

I’d like some armors from Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, but of course better and more professionally handcrafted.

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

Cinders, blood and abyss.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: Myrmix.5460

Myrmix.5460

No more trenchcoats for medium armor. Please.

Posted by: xXxOrcaxXx.9328

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

There have to be more suits for the male light armors.
And I want swimsuits and bikinis as townclothes.

Ranger - Guardian - Warrior - Elementalist - Necromancer - Mesmer
EU Elona Reach – Void Sentinels

(edited by xXxOrcaxXx.9328)

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

This would be a great medium armor

Attachments:

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

I’ve been thinking I would like to see more “Furr” coats medium,heavy , light armors. I mean running nearly naked in a winter like area should be rather cold…
and what else Scarfs! , capes, uuuhm and I would like to see something that makes one of you’re arms look like robotics….

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

Another cool looking medium armor.
I found those paintings here: http://yamao.deviantart.com/

Attachments:

Posted by: Psyche.2361

Psyche.2361

Many would like to see victorian/ steampunk inspired armor and others would like more realistic ones.
As a designer i know its hard to please every player, its not like we are just a few ppl.
But as ive talked around with diffrent ppl, boys-girls and even older men and women, majorety agrees with more elegant armor for every class and every gender and race.

Ive talked to alot of ppl so anet should really look it up much more than they do.
Would say that almost 90% of the players want better looking armor, even if they had to buy it in the gemstore.
Alot would like to see old gw1 inspired armor and a rit class….
Better looking boots in generall wouldnt hurt either.

As it seems today, not many players are really happy or should i maybe say content with their look regarding armor.
It would be great if anet started to look out for us players more and read what we think and want, but it seems they disapoint this time which makes players bored after a few months even with the living story,
In living story they often just reuse older models of armor and thats it.
That is pure disapointment.

Im just sharing what ive seen in game and hopefully anet would read this and think it over and think of us players again.

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

Many would like to see victorian/ steampunk inspired armor and others would like more realistic ones.
As a designer i know its hard to please every player, its not like we are just a few ppl.
But as ive talked around with diffrent ppl, boys-girls and even older men and women, majorety agrees with more elegant armor for every class and every gender and race.

It’s very easy to please all players. Just design tons of armor.

Posted by: Zephouria.7102

Zephouria.7102

Dear Anet,

I’m an avid GW2 fan. I’m not usually on the forums because if I’m thinking GW2, I’m in game.

But I’ve hit a serious snag. I’ve got this character, in game, that I designed at launch. I love her, she’s pretty cool and pretty tough to boot; she’s a mesmer, and man, light-armor class girls get all the cool armor – right?

Nope. She’s been untouched since I made her. I’ve debated multiple times re-rolling her as a male character. I can’t find a single cute, girly armor for her. And the reason for this is:

She’s an Asura. And all the Asura armor is sized-down male armor. All of it is masculine; there are no cute skirts, no cute tops, everything is for ‘little boys’. Which might be ok if you’re playing a tomboy character, or a warrior, but she’s not: she’s a FEMALE. And she wants female, feminine clothing. I want feminine clothing for feminine female characters. Human, Sylvari, and Norn females get a variety of armor that ranges from ultra-feminine to gender neutral, but Charr and Asura get stuck with the male version of armors. Nor is it just light armor – Asura and Charr are stuck with male armors, regardless of class.

Despite this, their ‘bathing suits’ are pink and ultra-modest. Treated like females, but not given female clothing.

I understand that the Asura and Charr models don’t have breasts like the females of other races have, yet the lack of feminine clothing for their races is extremely frustrating. Going through the armor, mix-and-matching, trying desperately to find SOME combination of armor that might look cute and feminine – something fitting a white-rabbit Asura with a love for pink – and finding nothing but masculine armor is depressing, and more than that – limiting.

The female models of armor already exist for human, Sylvari, and Norn Races. If male armors can be cut down and reshaped to Asura (or resized for Charr), it is possible to do the same for female armors. I know Anet is full of talented, amazing programmers and designers who CAN do this. Isn’t it time to offer a range of male AND female armors for the Charr and Asura races?

Some armors I’d dearly love to have female versions of for Asura would include Cabalist, Feathered, Armageddon, and Aetherblade. Just – something, anything, that gives more variety and versatility for female Asura and Charr.

Attachments:

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

If you search all possibilities you’ll find something, my female Asura is cute, her half naked top is the Lionguard Breastplate 0f The Afflicted, I suggest you look for karma merchants. Generally speaking it’s very hard for Asura to be cute even on character creation and 2 character makeover kits used.

Attachments:

(edited by Hybarf Tics.2048)

Posted by: kidkilowat.5932

kidkilowat.5932

I’m not going to post a buch of pics (I’ve seen quite a few great ones in this thread). I would just say in general to look at games like Vindictus, Aion, Blade and Soul for some better inspiration.

Medium needs more waist and thigh length leather and way fewer trench coats. The other two classes of armor need…. I don’t know, it’s hard to sum up – would have to go through each set. (and of course some are fine, but many are just off)

“The light at the end of the tunnel is a train” Justin Trosper

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Another cool looking medium armor.
I found those paintings here: http://yamao.deviantart.com/

Butt Quivers.. Genius.

Posted by: Zephouria.7102

Zephouria.7102

If you search all possibilities you’ll find something, my female Asura is cute, her half naked top is the Lionguard Breastplate 0f The Afflicted, I suggest you look for karma merchants. Generally speaking it’s very hard for Asura to be cute even on character creation and 2 character makeover kits used.

Thanks for your reply!

Mostly the ‘half-topless’ armors are heavy armors, mostly because they’re modeled after more barbarian, we-don’t-need-armor-we’ve-got-brawn type warrior armor. It somewhat amuses me that female Asura have to wear these ridiculous pink onesies, then can wear chest-baring heavy armor…what?

But there’s only two half-topless armors I know of offhand for light armor, and one of those is WvW only. But then, pretty, feminine armor doesn’t equal bare skin. Cabalist armor, for a female human, covers skin extensively – and yet is quite distinctly feminine.

I find it quite easy to make cute female Asura, though – while most of the male Asura look like a cross between gremlins and trolls, the female Asura face options offer more animalistic faces, which can be cute-ified with the right sliders. I think all three of my Asura are adorably cute. Kissah – my Asura Mesmer still waiting for armor – is based off a white rabbit, for example (she’s in the attached image on my other post). My Guardian Asura looks like a pup. And with one of the three new faces released, even a male Asura can be somewhat cute.

Posted by: arkridge.6274

arkridge.6274

Mostly I’d just like to see more heavy armor chestpieces with neck covering, and heavy legs with the outer skirt a la the HotW set legs or Vigil legs (ideally without bare thighs like the latter, though).

Circlets/crowns for more castery-focused guardians would be pretty slick, too.

Actually, now that I think about it, there’s some existing armor I’d really like if it were tweaked slightly—first and foremost in my memory is the temple heavy set, which is hard to match to other stuff because of the stupid skulls around the collarbone. The way it flares out a little at the waist looks cool, IMO. The ascended armor is kinda in the same boat with its medallions around the collar, but there’s other excess visual noise that’d be harder to tweak, I think.

Shanna.4762

Dear Anet,

I’m an avid GW2 fan. I’m not usually on the forums because if I’m thinking GW2, I’m in game.

But I’ve hit a serious snag. I’ve got this character, in game, that I designed at launch. I love her, she’s pretty cool and pretty tough to boot; she’s a mesmer, and man, light-armor class girls get all the cool armor – right?

Nope. She’s been untouched since I made her. I’ve debated multiple times re-rolling her as a male character. I can’t find a single cute, girly armor for her. And the reason for this is:

She’s an Asura. And all the Asura armor is sized-down male armor. All of it is masculine; there are no cute skirts, no cute tops, everything is for ‘little boys’. Which might be ok if you’re playing a tomboy character, or a warrior, but she’s not: she’s a FEMALE. And she wants female, feminine clothing. I want feminine clothing for feminine female characters. Human, Sylvari, and Norn females get a variety of armor that ranges from ultra-feminine to gender neutral, but Charr and Asura get stuck with the male version of armors. Nor is it just light armor – Asura and Charr are stuck with male armors, regardless of class.

Despite this, their ‘bathing suits’ are pink and ultra-modest. Treated like females, but not given female clothing.

I understand that the Asura and Charr models don’t have breasts like the females of other races have, yet the lack of feminine clothing for their races is extremely frustrating. Going through the armor, mix-and-matching, trying desperately to find SOME combination of armor that might look cute and feminine – something fitting a white-rabbit Asura with a love for pink – and finding nothing but masculine armor is depressing, and more than that – limiting.

The female models of armor already exist for human, Sylvari, and Norn Races. If male armors can be cut down and reshaped to Asura (or resized for Charr), it is possible to do the same for female armors. I know Anet is full of talented, amazing programmers and designers who CAN do this. Isn’t it time to offer a range of male AND female armors for the Charr and Asura races?

Some armors I’d dearly love to have female versions of for Asura would include Cabalist, Feathered, Armageddon, and Aetherblade. Just – something, anything, that gives more variety and versatility for female Asura and Charr.

LOL! I love that picture. Seriously, I agree with you 100% the Asura females need pretty feminine armor options. It’s always boggled my mind that even when the female version of an armor set isn’t particularly based on “sex appeal” they still get the male version.

Posted by: Chris Tha Wicked.9708

Chris Tha Wicked.9708

More of this light and more of these heavies

Medium in my opinion you nailed it

less of all the standard heavy armors, they are a little too simple and plain :/
chain, scale and other real life designs that was back in the old days is best for real life.
we’re in a fantasy world, where is my dragon skull helmet :p

In my opinion most armors get cool at lvl 70.
lvl 69 and down look kinda lame for light and heavy classes.

Attachments:

(edited by Chris Tha Wicked.9708)

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

They could release the armors which are npc only right now, like [&AgEZTwAA] or[&AgEcTwAA][&AgEGTwAA]

Posted by: Godric.3012

Godric.3012

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I can only wish those are never made. Really terrible.

Posted by: Mishee.5719

Mishee.5719

Anet to step the “F” up on your armor designs. I don’t want to feel like a medieval warrior when im playing a fantasy game. Where is the logic behind wearing realistic looking armor fighting non-realistic creatures…? I want to feel like the strongest, most kitten guardian there ever is. But shiet, with my armor looking like crap and my dps sucks because I like the support role i PvE I don’t feel like im even participating in something anymore….Get your stuff together…fast!

Attachments:

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

How about something that is not a trenchcoat and/or skirt for male medium armor users?

@Mishee: That’s some fugly character design LOL

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Anything to stop them from recoloring armor. I’d be happy with a chippendale outfit for my male humans =3

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Not really a “new” armor idea, but I really, really want a full Toxic armor skin for my Sylvari.

Shanna.4762

Anet to step the “F” up on your armor designs. I don’t want to feel like a medieval warrior when im playing a fantasy game. Where is the logic behind wearing realistic looking armor fighting non-realistic creatures…? I want to feel like the strongest, most kitten guardian there ever is. But shiet, with my armor looking like crap and my dps sucks because I like the support role i PvE I don’t feel like im even participating in something anymore….Get your stuff together…fast!

LOL That guy’s armor is huge. I definitely want to see more variety across the board. Heavy and medium armor in particular suffers from “bleh” syndrom tbh. I agree with you, I don’t really go for “realistic & practical” armor in my fantasy games where I’m fighting dragons and entire armies of mole people.

Posted by: shinobaruwrxsti.8425

shinobaruwrxsti.8425

I’m a bit tired of the long trenchcoat-skinny jeans combo style… This look should be a nice change of pace… (Make it happen for the Canthan expansion!)

Attachments:

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

This was my favorite female armor from Guild Wars. I’d LOVE to see it return.

Attachments:

Valar Morghulis

Posted by: shinobaruwrxsti.8425

shinobaruwrxsti.8425

I know this is very nitpicky of me, but I think offering 2-3 different “style options” for the same armor type would be a great idea… For example, in the case of the Duelist coat, a player could perhaps choose between different versions of it (normal or no side skirt)???

examples below…

Attachments:

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

1: We’ve been complaining about butt capes and trench coats since the opening of the game.
2: We have yet to see one dev visit an armor thread and discuss it openly.
3: What makes you think this will change now with this thread?
4: 5 pages of it and still no devs, need I say more.
5: After reading this post don’t forget to visit the store and give them your $10.00 for one, butt capes and trench coats included of course.

(edited by Hybarf Tics.2048)

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Something like this.
/15charr

Attachments:

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Posted by: Adelas.6598

Adelas.6598

Holy guacamole. I’d grind for a month to get any one of those armors, and would probably spend cash money on them, too.

I like how these fit the female form.

Can the devs pull the info from the client/server end to form a list of all armors that are actually equipped?

I think a lot could be learned from a list that ranks the most to least popular pieces equipped across all light armor characters, and then individually ranked per race. Then maybe they could create some new pieces that share characteristics with the top existing pieces. For example, I like the starter light armor (the short skirt), but it (a) is everywhere and (b) gives the impression that I’m a new character. A couple different variations on the short ruffled skirt would allow people to have the same idea but different looks.

I would like to see more vests and long gloves, pants in tight AND loose styles, as well as shorts and short skirts.

Particularly for my charr and sylvari characters, I want to see their skin… but that doesn’t need to translate to sex appeal and/or bondage gear. Don’t get me wrong, that stuff can be nice too – I have the named medium set on one of my chicks, for example.

Specifically for males, I would like to see short (that is, waist length) jackets or regular shirts as opposed to robes and trench coats (“No buttcapes!”); something fitted (like a metal version of a leather catsuit) would be cool for heavy armor.

Specifically for females, I would like to look elegant or comfortable. Shorts and a blouse. Vest and pantaloons/knickerbockers. Tank top and a knee-length skirt.
And a handful of ball gowns with interchangeable tops and bottoms. Most importantly, though, I want pieces THAT ALL WORK TOGETHER… ohhh I hate when I have two pieces I love but they are different depths/shapes, so I can’t wear them together.

Also, I’d love to see some variation in backpieces. Butterfly or dragonfly wings (yes, I know there’s that one armor, but I am talking about a backpiece). Just plain spikes. A furry backpiece that looks like a hair extension/mohawk.

But here’s my actual, specific contribution in graphical form: A sari, or really (as it probably has to be implemented) lehenga.

I was puzzling over the idea, and it could appear as a proper sari for all practical purposes: top appears as crop top individually; bottom as a skirt with vertical pleats, shoulder armor as the shoulder drape from the center of the skirt across the shoulder (as the end of the sari), but even if that was too much work, as seen in the images below, there are lots of ways you could drape the shoulder with a lehenga and still evoke that image.

Sandals on the feet. Henna designs as gloves. And as a helm…. jewelry! Indian bridal jewelry can be very ornate, and I realize there are probably issues with clipping if you included all the nets and pieces, BUT… we know earrings are doable because they’re included on the aetherblade medium helm. I would love to see even a dangle and some earrings; including a necklace would be even better.

I sure hope the devs are reading this!

Attachments:

Posted by: Hopeless.5403

Hopeless.5403

ewwww give necros an armor set that is drenched in blood with skulls dangling from their chest piece

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

A few I’d like to see:

1. Balthazar armor (come on, this just looks beast)
2. Margonite armor (I think this would really suit mesmers, and has a chronomancer feel to it)
3. Frost/Ice armor (would really suit charr and norn I reckon)
4. Grenth armor (would really suit a necromancer, currently we only have access to the hood. #sadface)
5. Destroyer skin armor (would fit the destroyer weapons perfectly)

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Igniz from KOF have the coolest mage armor I have seen. It flies around because he is so powerful!

I also like the Akatsuki uniform (obviously)

I just love mage cloaks in general. They are simple but very fitting for a mage. Powerful mages doesn’t need lighting balls flying all around themselves to show off. Mages should conceal their true powers until the last moment.

Attachments:

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)