Glint's Lair (Spoilerish)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

So after completing this instance, I was struck by several things. Although I was not a fan of the final fight, I was really impressed with the setting itself. It seems almost tailor made for either an end level fractal or some sort of Dungeons with Maybe Carapace armour as rewards?

It seems such a shame to put in all this design, art and effort and have it limited to one segment of living story?

Anyone else get that feeling as they travelled through it?

Posted by: Crazy Penguin.3568

Crazy Penguin.3568

I felt pretty nostalgic seeing how the setting,area effects, bosses, mechanics and music were similiar/exactly the same as the gw1 version.
I really enjoyed the instance in general.

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

It seems such a shame to put in all this design, art and effort and have it limited to one segment of living story?

At least they wont delete it this time.
I wish it was made into a fractal too.

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Glint’s Lair in gw1 was also only limited to one segment of the story. The effort was necessary to advance the story.

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

I do hope that if they made it a fractal, it would use all of the facets, culminating in a fight with Glint herself (egg stealing time!)

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

The length of it at least is equal or longer to the Jade maw and Mi Trin one

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

It was nostalgic. I’ve missed DoA and other zones alike. The final boss fight was pretty fun!

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

For me it was VERY nostalgic.

I will say a rather big thanks to the teams that went to all this trouble, to give the original Glint’s Lair the nod that it got. Everything was faithfully reproduced as much as it could be into this instance… the enemies themselves (ok they’re modelled on icebrood, but yeah) and even using mechanics similar to the Scarlet battle with colour-coded protection auras, etc.), the music and the ambience of the instance… wow, just wow.

I even went through the entire library for an even bigger dose of nostalgia. One of the best hours I’ve spent in this game. The way they’ve FINALLY stayed true to recollections of lore, and even at the end, furthering that lore to the current instance (Tyria realtime) gets a big tip of the hat from me.

Thanks to those who made that instance worthy of visiting, especially to GW1 veterans who really appreciate the harking back to what made that game great. I got plenty of screenies to add to my collection of desktop wallpaper shuffle as well.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

For me it was VERY nostalgic.

I will say a rather big thanks to the teams that went to all this trouble, to give the original Glint’s Lair the nod that it got. Everything was faithfully reproduced as much as it could be into this instance… the enemies themselves (ok they’re modelled on icebrood, but yeah) and even using mechanics similar to the Scarlet battle with colour-coded protection auras, etc.), the music and the ambience of the instance… wow, just wow.

I even went through the entire library for an even bigger dose of nostalgia. One of the best hours I’ve spent in this game. The way they’ve FINALLY stayed true to recollections of lore, and even at the end, furthering that lore to the current instance (Tyria realtime) gets a big tip of the hat from me.

Thanks to those who made that instance worthy of visiting, especially to GW1 veterans who really appreciate the harking back to what made that game great. I got plenty of screenies to add to my collection of desktop wallpaper shuffle as well.

Glint’s Lair was by far the best part of the release for GW1 players. It’s also nice to know my hard work in getting that Ascalonian Census wasn’t in vain.