Gold Transfer Changes

Gold Transfer Changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

Guys. It’s 500 gold a week. It’s not going to impose on anyone except RMT.

Kitten, it’s more gold each week than I’ve ever seen.

This is flat out not true. Some people craft items in very high volume for very thin margins. If you’re dealing in the 500-2000g range, even a 5% profit is good money if you can turn it over in a day.

It’s not that crafters are “making” 500g per day, but if you send a few hundred gold to your secondary accounts to buy materials and assemble or refine them, you can hit this limit in a day – two or three days if you’re an amateur.

It’s very depressing how often we see “new features” that are “for our protection/benefit” that just reduce our quality of life when we know that the bag guys are going to find a way around it, but we’re going to have to live with it every day.

So instead of sending gold to crafting alts, why not purchase the items and send them?
If effectly does the same job, invloves the same steps, and has the exact same result.

in the 500-2000g range, crafting mats are likely to take 100+ slots, even after some refining. you can mail 10 slots easily.

Sometimes 200+ slots. Mailing at those levels would be difficult even without message suppression.

There is a LOT more handling if you have to buy everything on one account, transfer the raw material to your secondary accounts, work on it, then transfer it back. Currently you just send 100g and use it to buy what you need, refine it and send the processed product back to the main for final assembly. Once the item is sold, you repeat.

Simple and efficient.

I was just reminded of something that Jagex implemented for Runescape. They added a pin number to player bank accounts and wallet. This prevented player access (usually to MOST of thier wealth) without knowing the pin.

4 digit number, digits randomly placed among the key pad for each press, after multiple failures, there is a lockout duration that increases for each subsequent failed attempt. Pin was optional but recommended for all players.

TBH it wasn’t a bad system and saved over 80% of my wealth the one time that my account was accessed by an authenitcated, unauthorized 3rd party. I was definitely very happy that I had it set up.

As someone who was completely cleaned out by hackers in GW1, I love this idea. I wish I could have made my Obsidian Armor “unsalvageable” as well.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: EoNenmacil.2361

EoNenmacil.2361

I see a strong Problem with this System. I am a Guild Officer and we have many in guild transactions when it comes to Pre/Legendary Items. Officers act as a middle man. 500g is to low of a limit for these kinds of player-to -player trades. Min gold should be the same as the highest Item on the TP. So if players wish to trade items in game they still can, Please increase Gold limit to 5000g so players can buy/sell among themselves.

2nd Officer of Ethereal Guardians ~Syinne Rio~

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Jade Arkadian.9280

Jade Arkadian.9280

I don’t think this will solve anything…futhermore I think you are punishing legit players.

First off, as it happened with GW1 before, people (and chineese gold sellers) will start trading/sending objects instead of gold (Ectoplasm globs as an alternate currency??) to bypass that gold cap.

Also I think this is will hurt community driven events. How the hell can you organize a raffle, a contest or whatever with a gold prize if you can’t gift more that 500 gold per week?

How people is supposed to lend money to a friend who urgently needs to buy gems because he want to get something that is available for only 24h if they are tied to that 500 gold restriction?

Also you are messing with people who own a personal guild for storage and banking purposes… In my case I was storing my extra gold in my guild bank to buy my legendary weapon…now my money will be trapped there for 2 weeks.

As usually, some players (goldsellers, account thieves, spammers…) abuse the system…then everyone gets punished…

(edited by Jade Arkadian.9280)

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

This is going to be a problem for guild lottos. Usually the gold is mailed to a single player, but with the restriction that person might not be able to access all of the entries/winnings. It’s not very fun to win a lotto and be told you’ll get your gold over the course of several weeks. I understand it will just take more organization, which is still an inconvenience to honest players.

As I understand it, the limit is placed on the receiver, not the sender. So as far as assisting others with server transfers, you would simply need to allow several guild members to have access to the gold storage to then mail the gold out. I’m just trying to get an idea of how this would work, and confirm that the amount of gold you can send is not restricted at all. It won’t affect me personally, but it’s good to know.

I think it’s good that it will discourage selling in the LFG tool. I think it’s bad that, should I get an expensive drop, I will not think to offer it first to a guildmate. I don’t mind friends owing me gold, but I’d rather not have an acquaintance in debt to me. I’d rather give a guildie who pays in full a discount than sell to a stranger. I’m aware that I can take it to the trading post and shouldn’t sell to people I don’t trust and blah, blah, blah. Save the lecture; I simply like to help others when I can. It’s a little thing, but it’s one of those things that can spark friendship and the sense that you are a part of something.

Unfortunately, honest people are always inconvenienced by the rules we put in place to discourage criminals. I hope this restriction saves accounts from being hacked, but I think the gold sellers will just find a way around it.

Gold Transfer Changes

Dreamslayer.7659

How people is supposed to lend money to a friend who urgently needs to buy gems because he want to get something that is available for only 24h if they are tied to that 500 gold restriction?

Which begs the question: is that a bug, or a feature?

When the new gold/gem exchange came out and we couldn’t exchange smaller amounts (to avoid confusion) – yeah, it made it harder to buy items that were not sold in 400gem increments, but again, was that an oversight or an intentional way of nudging people toward buying gems?

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I sense that this restriction is also a way to encourage players to spend real money on gems. Whether you’re lending gold to buy gem store items, or guilds are helping to pay for transfers. The inconvenience of the wait time will make more players choose to just take out that credit card $$$

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Dear ANet, you do realize that Gold Sellers will now pick a highly liquid asset that represents approximate gold value (i.e. Globs of Ectoplasm) and use that instead, right? Of course, they’ll continue to use +500g immediate sales as well.

I’ve seen similar measures done by other MMOs and guess what happens? Alternate items are used instead and it’s a very vicious cycle.

Limiting gold transfer rates does not work. Monitoring and then quickly freezing/holding suspicious activity like a credit card company does work (quick release logic, is the send on the receivers friend list/in his or her guild/did they actually send a reply or to message, were they recently in a party, etc.). The KEY to gold sellers is quick delivery. If the gold sellers can’t guarantee a 48-hour or less turnaround, they go out of business as word gets around.

This is bad bad bad. Stop before you reinvent the economy for players. At best you killed a portion of the Gold Sellers gold assets (which they stole) from the 15% gold lost from Trading Post fees. BUT that all that doesn’t stop the hacking and only effectively increases the outside sale price of gold by 15%. At worst, you just upended the trading post economy and lots more legit playing and core players will lose out on the new screwed up economy.

Thanks for the Glob of Ectoplasm rise … doh ><

I don’t think this will solve anything…futhermore I think you are punishing legit players.

First off, as it happened with GW1 before, people (and chineese gold sellers) will start trading/sending objects instead of gold (Ectoplasm globs as an alternate currency??) to bypass that gold cap.

Also I think this is will hurt community driven events. How the hell can you organize a raffle, a contest or whatever with a gold prize if you can’t gift more that 500 gold per week?

Also you are messing with people who own a personal guild for storage and banking purposes… In my case I was storing my extra gold in my guild bank to buy my legendary weapon…now my money will be trapped there for 2 weeks.

As usually, some players (goldsellers, account thieves, spammers…) abuse the system…then everyone gets punished…

I agree with these two posters. This isn’t going to solve anything.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: CHAO.7956

CHAO.7956

But the question is why do we need that? We already can store gold, it’s just that it happens automatically and it can be accessed from anywhere and on any character.

I honestly hate the new gold storage system. I dont want to have all my gold be able to be accessed anywhere at any one time. i like to have a 20 gold reserve that i cant spend, and since the addition..eerrr should i say the removal of the ability to store gold in my personal bank, its way harder to keep that 20 gold reserve when equipping characters..

I kind of get where you are coming from, if you’re like me you want a way to keep yourself from spending your gold (which is easy to do if it’s all on you).

Might I suggest what I did while saving up for my precursor, I would put a buy order for Dusk up for 100G. This removed the gold from my inventory but I could also get all of it back at anytime by simply canceling the buy order and retrieving my gold from any trading post (there is no tax for buy orders). Once I’d get another 100G I would cancel the buy order and re-list it for 200G…then 300G etc etc.

I should also note as an added bonus that I got my Dusk for about 500G cheaper than the usual going price because I had a buy order for it at 900G when the announcement of new legendarys in HoT was made and everyone above me removed their listings .

-General Michael

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Karril Daltaya.4980

Karril Daltaya.4980

My partner and I make and sell legendaries, we handle sums of gold more than 500g several times a week. This will literally kill our business. We will not be able to pay our clients, nor be able to split the profits.

Tarnished Coast since Beta, now Banished forever to the Megaservers…

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Falkor.7932

Falkor.7932

You still can, the winner will only be able to accept 500g at a time, and the rest stays in the mail, read the whole post.

“One time! I slightly blew some of us up one time, and you won’t let it go.”
- Explorer Bekk

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

This change most likely won’t effect me in the near future, but I wanted to add my voice to supporting the personal bank gold storage. I have been putting a percentage of gold in my guild bank each week in order to save it up for a big purchase. The rest that’s in my wallet is fun money I don’t have to feel guilty about spending. It’s a system that works for me.

That number is steadily growing. I’d like to know that when I reach my goal I’d have access to gold that is legitimately mine. I don’t forsee a situation where I’d need to withdraw more than 500 RIGHT NOW or lose out on what I want, but it’s hard to say it would never happen. I understand why you’re doing this, but if you can make it easier for the legit players in any way, I’d appreciate the courtesy. Not to mention I never liked the personal guild vault answer because – yikes. I am always afraid of accidentally leaving that guild.

If you want us to clutter up the TP with dummy buy orders, I guess that works too, but I’m not as happy with it.

Also, I really like the PIN for the bank vaults. Good idea.

(edited by Shaaba.5672)

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Millillion.5914

Millillion.5914

Well, regardless of other matters, I agree with the general consensus that this is overall more bad than good.

It will really only offer a minor inconvenience to gold sellers since they will be accustomed to it and likely have standardized ways of doing things, while potentially being very frustrating for players.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

But the question is why do we need that? We already can store gold, it’s just that it happens automatically and it can be accessed from anywhere and on any character.

I honestly hate the new gold storage system. I dont want to have all my gold be able to be accessed anywhere at any one time. i like to have a 20 gold reserve that i cant spend, and since the addition..eerrr should i say the removal of the ability to store gold in my personal bank, its way harder to keep that 20 gold reserve when equipping characters..

I kind of get where you are coming from, if you’re like me you want a way to keep yourself from spending your gold (which is easy to do if it’s all on you).

Might I suggest what I did while saving up for my precursor, I would put a buy order for Dusk up for 100G. This removed the gold from my inventory but I could also get all of it back at anytime by simply canceling the buy order and retrieving my gold from any trading post (there is no tax for buy orders). Once I’d get another 100G I would cancel the buy order and re-list it for 200G…then 300G etc etc.

I should also note as an added bonus that I got my Dusk for about 500G cheaper than the usual going price because I had a buy order for it at 900G when the announcement of new legendarys in HoT was made and everyone above me removed their listings .

Grats on your discounted Dusk !

And kudos for a creative workaround.

I do hope, however, that Anet reconsiders continuing to implement changes to the game, including removing existing functionality, that requires players to continue to come up with workarounds of this sort.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

My partner and I make and sell legendaries, we handle sums of gold more than 500g several times a week. This will literally kill our business.

Sell them on the TP as intended and your business can continue.

The Burninator

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Great, now I have to wait like forever for the gold from ppl who owe me.. Not including the donations I get for my PvP Community help.. sigh

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Gold Transfer Changes

Karril Daltaya.4980

My partner and I make and sell legendaries, we handle sums of gold more than 500g several times a week. This will literally kill our business.

We do sell them on the tp, but we also have Clients who own a piece of the profit. They have to be paid. Their share is normally more than 500g each time. Not to mention we have 2 guild bank slots that have 1k gold each in them for the purpose of making said legendaries.

Gold Transfer Changes

Ashen.2907

We do sell them on the tp, but we also have Clients who own a piece of the profit. They have to be paid. Their share is normally more than 500g each time. Not to mention we have 2 guild bank slots that have 1k gold each in them for the purpose of making said legendaries.

Your client can receive 500g from each of you and your partner. Is his share more than 1000g?

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

I suppose gold sellers can always deal with some other transferable in-game currency, other than gold. For example legendary weapons, or some other high-valued items can also be used as currency.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Your client can receive 500g from each of you and your partner. Is his share more than 1000g?

Sounds like they can’t do that?

“The maximum total amount of gold that an individual player account can accept in a week will be 500 gold.”

Is this total or per other account?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

If i have a person who is in my friend list for more than 20 days can i send to him unlimited gold per week ?
If that person have already add me as a friend also (Mutual Friends) for 20 days , when i mail him , can i sent gold from my bank+wallet combined ?

Or if his is a friend of mine on Twitter or @gmail the transit complete istantly (while his GW2 account was created on @google.com) ? or something ?
(So hackers will have to hack 2 mails= x2 security messures to get the gold istantly ?)

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

Gold Transfer Changes

Ashen.2907

Sounds like they can’t do that?

“The maximum total amount of gold that an individual player account can accept in a week will be 500 gold.”

Is this total or per other account?

D’oh,

You are correct there. I had a brain freeze moment.

Sorry.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

so lets get this straight

to counter RMT, anet have decided to restrict gold transfer via mails so that RMT simply start to transfer items of equivalent value instead

wp anet you just annoyed the minority of people who transfer large gold sums legitimately and made no effect on gold sellers

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

(edited by maha.7902)

Gold Transfer Changes

Karril Daltaya.4980

Here is how it works: We make the legendary, I put it up on the tp. It sells. I get the money, put the overhead in the bank (2k) then split the remaining profit between the client, myself, and my partner.

This will normally be around 500+ for the client, 250ish for me, and 250ish for my partner.

Depending on what we make, what the items cost, and how much it is selling for currently.

We do this quite often, and it would ruin our way of making money.

Gold Transfer Changes

DarkSpirit.7046

to counter RMT, anet have decided to restrict gold transfer via emails so that RMT simply start to transfer items of equivalent value instead

wp anet you just annoyed the minority of people who transfer large gold sums legitimately and made no effect on gold sellers

Yes, it does seem that they have not thought this through before proceeding.

If gold sellers decide to use another in-game item as currency, then all you need to do is to simply sell that item in the TP for gold.

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

to counter RMT, anet have decided to restrict gold transfer via emails so that RMT simply start to transfer items of equivalent value instead

I wouldn’t be so fast as to claim that it will have no effect on gold sellers. Sure, it can easily be bypassed by trading items and such instead, but items shift in value rather often, ESPECIALLY if a massive amount of them are being bought up by gold sellers in order to trade them. Which will make the whole system rather annoying for them, since the prices might change from one day to another.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

While I’ve never even held 500g at one time, I can feel for the guild raffles that will suffer from this.

Guys. It’s 500 gold a week. It’s not going to cramp anyone’s style of wealth distribution.

Good thing you won’t be affected. There is no problem here guys. This guy won’t be affected. Lets all go home and stop caring about it. We should have checked with TooBz before we got upset about this stuff to begin with,

From your statement I guess as long as no patch negatively affects you it is a good patch. No regard for the people it does affect though right?

Dinks, I’m pretty sure you just gave the exact OPPOSITE opinion in the Vulgar Language and Belligerence thread.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Gold Transfer Changes

lordkrall.7241

Here is how it works: We make the legendary, I put it up on the tp. It sells. I get the money, put the overhead in the bank (2k) then split the remaining profit between the client, myself, and my partner.

This will normally be around 500+ for the client, 250ish for me, and 250ish for my partner.

Depending on what we make, what the items cost, and how much it is selling for currently.

So you are using an unsupported way to make money, and now you are complaining when ArenaNet does not take your unsupported way to make money into account when they do changes…?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gold Transfer Changes

Ashen.2907

You say, “normally,” and, “quite often,” in reference to your profit. Assuming that you have done this many times in order to establish a norm, what do you need the client for ? Isn’t that 500g profit (x the number of times you’ve done this) split between yours partner and yourself sufficient to fund ongoing production ? 500g times, lets say, 20 for quite often means ten thousand gold profit. Wouldn’t that be sufficient to keep the ball rolling ?

Gold Transfer Changes

Dreamslayer.7659

This is completely missing the point.

GW2 has had a very open economy and we have been able to partner with friends or with our own secondary accounts to surmount issues of economic scale. This restriction just destroys so many economic opportunities all for the supposed purpose of impacting Gold Sellers who, as anyone can recognize, will not be impacted much at all. Instead of dealing in cash, they will deal in expensive items.

Most of you buy weapons, armor, food and other items on the TP. Many of these items are crafted by people who spend a lot of time and tie up a lot of resources to make a relatively thin margin. Some people use multiple accounts to overcome the fairly significant time required to craft and refine materials in quantity. On top of that, they are all competing with each other to keep prices low and the items available. Most of you don’t notice because things are there when you need them – just like they are in our modern society – but it doesn’t happen by magic and it’s not automatic.

Whatever the “security” benefits of this policy, it is incredibly anti enterprise and counter productive. What I find most frustrating is that there is no way to tell just how many of these side effects are intentional, which ones are a surprise and which ones are unintentional but “acceptable”. Some level of transparency would be appreciated.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Wow, so we’re going back to GW1 and ecto trading again? That’s forward-thinking.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Gold Transfer Changes

Karril Daltaya.4980

You say, “normally,” and, “quite often,” in reference to your profit. Assuming that you have done this many times in order to establish a norm, what do you need the client for ? Isn’t that 500g profit (x the number of times you’ve done this) split between yours partner and yourself sufficient to fund ongoing production ? 500g times, lets say, 20 for quite often means ten thousand gold profit. Wouldn’t that be sufficient to keep the ball rolling ?

We have sold over 40+ legendaries. We take on Clients to provide map completion/karma/the things that money cannot buy. We then take those things, buy the precursor and all the materials, and create the legendary together.

We sell it on the TP, then we split the profit between the Client and Us 50/50 (Though our side then splits our half between the two of us)

As for the person who said that we are using an ‘unsupported way to make money’ How is selling things on the TP not supported? We are supposed to be able to make trades, are we not?

Or is it the fact that we habitually make trades that are larger than you do that it is ‘unsupported’?

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Royal.2693

Royal.2693

Goodbye buying/selling precursors from friends -_-

It slows down GS’ers a little bit, but it also annoys some legit players. Even if it’s only few players, there is no point annoying them just because of this that will have no positive effect.

Gold Transfer Changes

DarkSpirit.7046

I wouldn’t be so fast as to claim that it will have no effect on gold sellers. Sure, it can easily be bypassed by trading items and such instead, but items shift in value rather often, ESPECIALLY if a massive amount of them are being bought up by gold sellers in order to trade them. Which will make the whole system rather annoying for them, since the prices might change from one day to another.

Then they can simply say to their clients that payments would be in the form of X. It is still up to their clients if item X is valuable enough as payment.

For example, if they can get you Twilight for just $10, it is definitely worth it for most people.

Gold Transfer Changes

Ashen.2907

We have sold over 40+ legendaries. We take on Clients to provide map completion/karma/the things that money cannot buy.

Excellent explanation. I had not considered that your client (business partner really) would be providing a resource that could not be purchased with gold.

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

While I’ve never even held 500g at one time, I can feel for the guild raffles that will suffer from this.

Guys. It’s 500 gold a week. It’s not going to cramp anyone’s style of wealth distribution.

Good thing you won’t be affected. There is no problem here guys. This guy won’t be affected. Lets all go home and stop caring about it. We should have checked with TooBz before we got upset about this stuff to begin with,

From your statement I guess as long as no patch negatively affects you it is a good patch. No regard for the people it does affect though right?

Dinks, I’m pretty sure you just gave the exact OPPOSITE opinion in the Vulgar Language and Belligerence thread.

No I didn’t? People having a name you disagree with is not your business. People advocating a game crippling patch that harms other player is everybodies business.

Gold Transfer Changes

lordkrall.7241

Then they can simply say to their clients that payments would be in the form of X. It is still up to their clients if item X is valuable enough as payment.

For example, if they can get you Twilight for just $10, it is definitely worth it for most people.

True, it can work with very high tier items that have a very high price. But I would say that most people that buy gold, do want the gold, not a Legendary, and thus it would still be somewhat low-tier items being given in place of gold. Which would change in price several times per day, and thus it wouldn’t really be a reliable trade.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gold Transfer Changes

DarkSpirit.7046

True, it can work with very high tier items that have a very high price. But I would say that most people that buy gold, do want the gold, not a Legendary, and thus it would still be somewhat low-tier items being given in place of gold. Which would change in price several times per day, and thus it wouldn’t really be a reliable trade.

If they can get their desired amount, or more, in gold, most people wouldn’t care what they are paid with.

As long as when they get the item they can satisfy a buy order which returns at least the amount gold that they need or more, it would be just fine and dandy for most people. $10 for a Twilight, why not? That is definitely worth it because people know that its buy orders are a lot higher than just $10 and it would continue to be worth more than $10 for a very long time.

But yes, I agree that gold sellers would need to find items with the right balance of profits from then on. This is not going to stop them though.

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Xdmatt — this is great, what a fine community spirit you’re showi… wait a minute, I see what you did there!

Iason — I am not sure about the answer to this. As pdavis and mtpelion point out, the wallet is account bound and does not have a limit. So I’m curious why you feel a second storage option is needed.

steve and others — I will ask about the functionality of a “sent items” system. However, off the top of my head I suspect that implementing such functionality would not be a trivial or easy process, and I can see it would involve several teams (programming, UI, art, etc.). As Ic points out, it may be seen as more a QoL factor than an essential system change. But again, I’ll see what I can find out or a dev may post here to answer this question.

suffish — I have not heard that there’s a motivation factor involving preventing player-to-player trading. As the statement says, this is about curbing fraud, RMT, and the oft-related account thefts.

Rising Dusk — another question I’ll need to ask. But when accounts are proven to have been hacked, the account is restored (rolled back) so would that not accomplish the same thing that you’re proposing? And wouldn’t doing what you propose make restorations a moot factor?

hrasna — you’ve hit a very important point here: This change will impact very, very few players. In fact, in previous statistical reviews, the percentage of players who would be impacted would be in the low single digits.

Guild disrupting, per-cursor mis-thinking (so many have them, so many are working on them) , those like me who spend over 100 gold per week on wvw… we’re all being told we’re not going to be heard.

I am with the other person who said something similar to this:

Work with ISPs but do what is necessary and start banning ip blocks – please stop punishing the whole community because ISPs and companies still can’t do a tracking system before being breeched.

The changes are against reason. Many of those coming in the expansion ( cough WvW not fixed but a clone map appears. cough) are not necessary and exactly the opposite of what was asked of us when we asked for a “new map”.

Not one suggestion of ours is being respected but we’re being dumped on so much so that friends and family are moving on to other games despite our protestations that things will be better, things will be fixed (specifics? I have screenshots and screenshots that no one wants to see), inequity is pvp to wvw to pve never ever ever addressed, and why in any reality does my pet now not work at all and will never grow up? These and issues with other professions, things that just don’t work, skills that are “working” but don’t work at all, and a whole host of bugs that people put in every day that never get out of some mysterious queue that never gets looked at?

This can be one of the most positive games around, but when we are forced to take changes that affect not only us, but our guilds and those who have a passion for legendaries and other expensive items, and even me, the lowly player who, if I stopped spending for two seconds would go over 500 in much less than a week, we have to protest that the change impacts good players much more than it will ever stop gold thieves who are literally a dime a dozen and will just lower their quantities and get more players/accounts that don’t cost more than their gold selling.

We are behind the game. Please have our backs too. Someone finally needs to.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

Looks like you gold buyers and sellers have just shown yourselves out the woodwork.

Their plan went down without a hitch!

“Yeah I transfer that amount of gold to my dog’s brother’s aunt! Every day! Because we’re family kinda!”

I play other games for actual gaming. I come here because I laugh at those less fortunate.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

Spot the Eye of the North onwards player…

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

I play other games for actual gaming. I come here because I laugh at those less fortunate.

Charming.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

500g is way too low and far too arbitrary a number to set without accounting for future inflation etc.

Even right now I probably send 2-300g to and from my second account in a week.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Nafeasonto.8925

Nafeasonto.8925

Why are you doing this? So it’s harder to help people get their Legendaries? What are you doing?

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Nafeasonto.8925

Nafeasonto.8925

Can you fix something like Ranger pets, instead of doing things that are not needed?

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Maybe there should be a diactivation bottun for it , that you have to link your personal informations for ppl who dont like it ?

And they have to type ‘’I AGREE WITH THAT’’ in various ’’agreements’’ to diactivate it ingame ?
(You been warned , you gave us your consend that you dont want the Protection … dont ask for a gold refound…)

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Wow, so we’re going back to GW1 and ecto trading again? That’s forward-thinking.

At least there you had a spot to store 1 million gold. The fact that this game doesn’t have build templates or a personal bank but used to have one and now has a trading cap and GW1 had both those things is mind boggling to me. Will templates and personal banks come back to the franchise once you figure out a way to monetize it?

I am normally very affable on these forums but this is an issue to me like the gem shop switch. It’s infuriating. Part of the reason it’s infuriating is the obfuscation of the whole truth of what’s behind this. What’s being said as the reason, coupled with the action being taken, It just doesn’t add up. Methods that look a lot better to both ArenaNet and player have been put forward in this thread just as reactions. That’s not even with serious time invested in thinking about it.

At this point, why not get rid of the TP and we can add a Trade channel? Between what the house(ArenaNet)takes in posting fees and now this garbage and the way it limits how much mail we can send. It’s off putting to say the least.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Gold Transfer Changes

lordkrall.7241

Spot the Eye of the North onwards player…

I played GW since a few months after Prophecies were released actually.
And no, the ectos used there are not even remotely close to what could be used here, seeing as the price there didn’t shift as often and as easily as it does here.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Sir Ulrich The Wise.1597

Sir Ulrich The Wise.1597

I’m just going to chime in with my personal thoughts on this really briefly.

I dislike restrictions being made to common, honest players. There’s really no need for it, and I feel like I am being punished for the actions of others, which is an injustice of its own.

I, personally, spend an absurd amount of time in-game, and I never neglect to /block & report anyone advertising gold selling… I’m hoping that Anet can do their part and NOT punish regular players simply for the actions of a potentially smaller ‘single digit percentage’ of player’s/accounts that attempt gold selling… I’ve been playing/supporting since the first Wintersday in GW1, and I hope that Anet can pull through and not make a hasty, easy/lazy decision that restricts honest players from doing what they do in GW2 on a daily basis.

Needless to say, I appreciate the time put in by Anet, and thank them for trying to consider the opinion/their players whenever making decisions effecting the game. Thanks!
~Ully

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

For those of you wanting the put the ability to store your gold in your personal bank, I have some news for you, and you’re not going to like it. You have problems if you can’t keep yourself from spending the gold in your account, it’s called impulse shopping, and if you do it in GW2, then you do it in RL too and really need professional help

If you bother to read the Gold Sellers notices, they all start at 1000 gold for $XX.XX, by limiting the amount they can transfer to 500g a week, you’ve effectively, at the minimum just doubled their cost of doing business. More likely you’re looking at a 66 – 75% increase in cost of doing business. Think about that for a while.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

For those of you wanting the put the ability to store your gold in your personal bank, I have some news for you, and you’re not going to like it. You have problems if you can’t keep yourself from spending the gold in your account, it’s called impulse shopping, and if you do it in GW2, then you do it in RL too and really need professional help

If you bother to read the Gold Sellers notices, they all start at 1000 gold for $XX.XX, by limiting the amount they can transfer to 500g a week, you’ve effectively, at the minimum just doubled their cost of doing business. More likely you’re looking at a 66 – 75% increase in cost of doing business. Think about that for a while.

Think about this for a while: Personal banks used to be in the game. Was it for impulse spending? Who knows. ArenaNet made a mistake, had to remove them and has done literally zero to bring them back. Most MMOs including GW2’s predecessor had banks that could store gold in them. Was that just some arbitrary thing thrown in because, “Hey! Everyone else was doing it so we thought we would too!” No. It wasn’t. There are myriad good reasons for allowing players to store gold in their bank. It’s why so many games including this one had it in as a launch QoL feature. They are appreciated by the community.

Heck, I think they should take it a step further and give us banks that optionally can require a 4-digit pin or password that is required to be wholly different from our login password to further assure players of ArenaNet’s absolute commitment to player security.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall