Gold Transfer Changes

Gold Transfer Changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

but also it will only impact 0.175% of our players during an entire month’s worth of mails

It will affect that many players directly, but when this destroys a guild’s ability to do community events, that affects a lot more players.

It doesn’t stop them from giving away anything that isn’t gold. It’s an inconvenience at worst.

The damage this does to the profitability/operating cost/efficiency of RMT gold sellers and account thieves should be much greater than the inconveniences to a very small number of players.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Cool changes, now there will be an item that has value when stacked.
New Ecto Era?

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Dragon Ruler X.8512

Dragon Ruler X.8512

Would it be possible to leave the Guild Vault transfer maximum controllable to the Guild Leaders?

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

What is about all those Pve Tournaments,in which u can win for example 1000g….how will guilds like DnT or King now be able to handle that?

Send the 1000g… the recipient waits a few days to pick up the second half.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

This is nothing but player limitation, those who will try to sell gold will sell it on various different accounts which they already do… SO this is another step back for all the players.

And one thing that you anet didnt think about it is what every normal person that would sell gold would do is…
Create guild, invite person that is donating…
Give gold in guild hall, approve person so they can take gold out of the guild.
And Voila! There you go… YOU MADE POINTLESS UPDATE AGAIN. Ty

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Gold Transfer Changes

Olvendred.3027

This is nothing but player limitation, those who will try to sell gold will sell it on various different accounts which they already do… SO this is another step back for all the players.

And one thing that you anet didnt think about it is what every normal person that would sell gold would do is…

Read the OP again.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Nick.7259

Nick.7259

It is designed to prevent rapid and abusive transfers of gold that may be part of account takeovers, fraud, and RMT (gold selling).

And what is stopping them from rapidly buying a stack of charged lodestones and mailing those instead?

If these changes would actually prevent abusive transfers I would be all for them but as long as you can mail valuable items instead, a limit on gold transfers simply won’t stop anyone.

If only gold will be limited I instead predict huge and sudden trades on the TP and I fear that it could turn into an even larger problem offsetting any true demand/supply functionality on several different items of higher trade value…

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

This change is one of the worst decision ANET had made. The last time something is bad happened was the fix gems exchange rate where you are forced to exchanged a set amount of gems.

Let me tell you: this change will only harm the community and do nothing to stop RMT. The person who thought it was so clever that this can stop RMT is so inexperience with how the game economy works.

What would a hacker do? They would just buy lodestone / ecto / expensive items and send it to another one of their accounts instead? How does this stop anything?

What it does is it stop guilds from handling events. No more giveaway. No more Raffles. Guilds and people get punished because you SIMPLY think this will stop RMT?

People who use personal guild banks as saving accounts will also get punished.

GGGG Anet if you watch the last Trio Tournment. This move is worse than summoning spirit of Melandru during CMp2.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Deneb.2697

Deneb.2697

in my small way , the adoption of a limit to the amount of currency transferable over a period was one of the first things that I introduced in my little game . Very curious that a company that pays its programmers , have come to the same conclusion just now , and only after many players have been scammed or hacked .

Rising Dusk — another question I’ll need to ask. But when accounts are proven to have been hacked, the account is restored (rolled back) so would that not accomplish the same thing that you’re proposing? And wouldn’t doing what you propose make restorations a moot factor?

Months ago a friend of mine was hacked. He lost everything. his work requires him to move from one site to another , but he can play with a laptop by the hotels . His account was not rolled back because " he logged from too many locations ". He now play occasionally and has almost abandoned the game.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

There is a 3 day waiting period before an account call take things out of a guild bank and “The maximum total amount of gold that an individual player account can accept in a week will be 500 gold.”

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: BarnabeJonez.6023

BarnabeJonez.6023

Months ago a friend of mine was hacked. He lost everything. his work requires him to move from one site to another , but he can play with a laptop by the hotels . His account was not rolled back because " he logged from too many locations ". He now play occasionally and has almost abandoned the game.

That is terrifying, and probably going to be the death of me logging into the forums from my mobile.

Gold Transfer Changes

Olvendred.3027

What it does is it stop guilds from handling events. No more giveaway. No more Raffles.

Does it stop them? Or does it, at most, make them plan a bit in advance?

I feel like most guilds, when giving away 500g+, don’t just do it on a random whim.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

It is designed to prevent rapid and abusive transfers of gold that may be part of account takeovers, fraud, and RMT (gold selling).

And what is stopping them from rapidly buying a stack of charged lodestones and mailing those instead?

That is possible, but this change does have a fairly large impact on RMT profitability. For the gold buyer to get 1000g in lodestones, the seller will have to give them more than 1000g worth to make up for the TP fees. And an even higher amount is likely, as the buyer will expect their gold instantly. Meaning filling the lower buy orders instead of waiting to for sell listings.

The inconvenience of not being able to deal directly in gold could also deter some RMT activity.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

You get a much better reputation with your customers if you set it up so that they want to spend money with you (iTunes, for example). This is in contrast to futile attempts at preventing your customers from spending money with competitors (DRM, for example).

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

Wont change anything.. gold sellers go back to old style.. put random kitten items in the TP and sell those for 100-200-500-1k gold…

Reaper – Anguîsh

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Nafeasonto.8925

Nafeasonto.8925

That is terrifying, and probably going to be the death of me logging into the forums from my mobile.

This makes me nervous as it tells me ANET doesn’t care. Especially those who spend real money on the Gem store. This doesn’t make me have much faith in this company.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: alexjolly.1463

alexjolly.1463

It fixes no problems, gold sellers will just get smarter and send 500g + the equivalent value of materials and items to the rest they want.

If anything this is extremely detrimental to the community as a whole especially for fan groups that want to do giveaways or raffles/lotteries.

As someone who volunteers with GW-EN and GW2Community I see this having a negative affect on such events, I only hope there is a way to contact support to temporarily lift the embargo from specific accounts.

Bnok – [EXG] Desolation
“A leader leads by example, not by force.” – Sun Tzu

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

This makes me nervous as it tells me ANET doesn’t care. Especially those who spend real money on the Gem store. This doesn’t make me have much faith in this company.

Or they do care, which is the reason why they are being careful?

Logging in from loads of different places all the time does appear very suspicious after all, seeing as that is basically what hackers and gold-sellers do to avoid being tracked down.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gold Transfer Changes

lordkrall.7241

It fixes no problems, gold sellers will just get smarter and send 500g + the equivalent value of materials and items to the rest they want.

And yet the value of materials can shift from hour to hour. Especially if a bunch of gold sellers buy a couple of thousands of them. Thus it will make it much more annoying for them to conduct their sales.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

And yet the value of materials can shift from hour to hour. Especially if a bunch of gold sellers buy a couple of thousands of them. Thus it will make it much more annoying for them to conduct their sales.

Which is why they’ll directly focus on item selling. It’s not uncommon for gold sellers to offer legendaries against real money.

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Gold Transfer Changes

lordkrall.7241

Which will decrease their potential market quite a bit. Ergo a win for the game.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

but also it will only impact 0.175% of our players during an entire month’s worth of mails

It will affect that many players directly, but when this destroys a guild’s ability to do community events, that affects a lot more players.

No, it does not destroy a guild’s ability to do community events. I belong to one of the larger guilds (MAGI) and we do events every weekend – in fact, every weekend night (Friday: Silverwastes chest farm run, Saturday: guild missions and Sunday: map completion) – that don’t involve or require the transfer of large amounts of gold. We did a “Twelve Days of Wintersday” giveaway last Wintersday and the prizes were valuable items, not gold. Stop talking as if taking away the ability to transfer more than 500g at a time via mail has shot guild activities in the head, because it hasn’t.

Gold Transfer Changes

Enaretos.8079

No, it does not destroy a guild’s ability to do community events. I belong to one of the larger guilds (MAGI) and we do events every weekend – in fact, every weekend night (Friday: Silverwastes chest farm run, Saturday: guild missions and Sunday: map completion) – that don’t involve or require the transfer of large amounts of gold. We did a “Twelve Days of Wintersday” giveaway last Wintersday and the prizes were valuable items, not gold. Stop talking as if taking away the ability to transfer more than 500g at a time via mail has shot guild activities in the head, because it hasn’t.

Just because your guild doesn’t send gold doesn’t mean it’s the same case for everyone. Talk about blind people lol xD

My Twitch

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

Looks like gem custom exchange drama hitting again from different angle.

I’m wondering why these ideas are geeting a green light. It’s like DRM, legit players will be punished the most.

I hope it’s april fools, because if not I will punish anet with my wallet closed tight for the incompetence in executing such a ridiculous idea.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Or you know the guilds could send an extra 30 seconds to mail items instead of gold… Problem solved, you’re welcome.

Gold Transfer Changes

lordkrall.7241

I’m wondering why these ideas are geeting a green light. It’s like DRM, legit players will be punished the most.

I hope it’s april fools, because if not I will punish anet with my wallet closed tight for the incompetence in executing such a ridiculous idea.

Except that in this very thread the security people pointed out that only 0.175% of the players over a month, and the fact that 98.228% of the accounts that sends those massive amounts of gold are from RMTs.

I would say that 0.175% is much less than 98.228%, but then again, my math might be a bit off.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: alexjolly.1463

alexjolly.1463

Why did you only partially quote me? Don’t cherry-pick my point. What about communities or guilds that want to do gold giveaways like GW-EN do for Pink Day in LA?

Bnok – [EXG] Desolation
“A leader leads by example, not by force.” – Sun Tzu

Gold Transfer Changes

lordkrall.7241

Why did you only partially quote me? Don’t cherry-pick my point. What about communities or guilds that want to do gold giveaways like GW-EN do for Pink Day in LA?

Because it was that part of the quote that I answered?

Do they actually give away more than 500 gold to a single person though? And if that is the case it can easily be solved by simply giving them a high value item or such instead.
Simple as that.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Nafeasonto.8925

Nafeasonto.8925

Because when people can’t refute other points they cherry pick then ones that they think they can. I just can’t understand how anyone can think this is a good idea.

Gold Transfer Changes

Enaretos.8079

Except that in this very thread the security people pointed out that only 0.175% of the players over a month, and the fact that 98.228% of the accounts that sends those massive amounts of gold are from RMTs.

I would say that 0.175% is much less than 98.228%, but then again, my math might be a bit off.

I read it as 98.228% of the 0.175% are gold sellers. That’s stil llegit players getting hurt.

My Twitch

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

If anything this is extremely detrimental to the community as a whole especially for fan groups that want to do giveaways or raffles/lotteries.

As someone who volunteers with GW-EN and GW2Community I see this having a negative affect on such events, I only hope there is a way to contact support to temporarily lift the embargo from specific accounts.

Actually it increases the time and cost for Gold Sellers significantly, if you can’t figure out how on your own, I’m not going to spell it out for you.

You’re all missing the point, of that, from Chris Cleary’s post:

“500G may seem like an entirely arbitrary number, but I guarantee it is not. I took a look at our mail data (believe me, you guys really like mail and there is a lot of data) and set the value based on that. At 500G, it is not only functionally effective, but also it will only impact 0.175% of our players during an entire month’s worth of mails (if an account would hit the restriction once per month/30 days).
Looking more directly at those transactions, a large majority (98.228%) of those mails are being sent by RMT or compromised accounts (after selling off everything of value on an account)
.”

98.228% of that 0.175% of players sending an entire months worth of e-mails that exceed 500g are from RMT or compromised accounts.

Read the above bold lines over and over until it sinks into your mind, then you’ll see how few actual players this really affects. Keep in mind, that any additional burden you place on RMT and account compromisers makes it less likely they would find GW2 to be a profitable business, just like any thief, they will go take the easiest route to obtain what they want.

Gold Transfer Changes

lordkrall.7241

I read it as 98.228% of the 0.175% are gold sellers. That’s stil llegit players getting hurt.

So, as long as even a single legit player get effected by something they should not have it in the game?

That would basically mean that they should remove more or less every single security measure they have.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gold Transfer Changes

Enaretos.8079

So, as long as even a single legit player get effected by something they should not have it in the game?

That would basically mean that they should remove more or less every single security measure they have.

Security doesn’t remove anything you can do ingame. But if you wanna go into this direction, I was also against new accounts limitations.

My Twitch

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Unless I misunderstood, the limit applies to how much gold you can receive, not on how much you can send. You can send as many 500g mails OUT as you want.

This means that large guilds will NOT be significantly impacted when they send out large prizes. The winner will have to receive his payment in weekly installments, but heck, that’s more like a real lotto anyway.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Gold Transfer Changes

Enaretos.8079

Unless I misunderstood, the limit applies to how much gold you can receive, not on how much you can send. You can send as many 500g mails OUT as you want.

This means that large guilds will NOT be significantly impacted when they send out large prizes. The winner will have to receive his payment in weekly installments, but heck, that’s more like a real lotto anyway.

And what about the guy that needs to receive all the money from the raffle tickets ? Like the GM can’t get more than 500g. Which means you reduce the number of entries. Which is BS in huge guilds.

My Twitch

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

And what about the guy that needs to receive all the money from the raffle tickets ? Like the GM can’t get more than 500g. Which means you reduce the number of entries. Which is BS in huge guilds.

You can receive the mail, so you know how many entries there are.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Nyama.6931

Nyama.6931

Also, I think it’s probably a push by NCSoft to restrict people from converting gold to gems, especially if they farm gold on multiple accounts and want to send it to a central account. They’d rather put restrictions like this to force people to buy gems, then convert to gold (anyone else remember the 400gem minimum fiasco that happened earlier on? They didn’t learn their lesson).

It should be noted here that when people convert gold to gems, Anet are still making money from it, as the gems/gold are traded with other players and not with Anet, so that would reduce their profits.

Gold Transfer Changes

joe.7684

Assuming 4 complete weeks to a month on average, that’s 2000g. Not a figure to sneeze at in any way. I’m beginning to suspect that certain people (not you!) are grasping at straws to try to argue against this change.

Actually, there’s nothing stopping anyone from trading for high-value items in kind instead of in gold – that is, sending a certain quantity of items of the same cumulative value in gold as the desired item. TL:DR – I can see ectos, or some other such item, making a comeback as high-value currency.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

500G may seem like an entirely arbitrary number, but I guarantee it is not. I took a look at our mail data (believe me, you guys really like mail and there is a lot of data) and set the value based on that. At 500G, it is not only functionally effective, but also it will only impact 0.175% of our players during an entire month’s worth of mails (if an account would hit the restriction once per month/30 days).

Looking more directly at those transactions, a large majority (98.228%) of those mails are being sent by RMT or compromised accounts (after selling off everything of value on an account).

Yes, there are going to be some edge cases that this is going to bump into, and as we look more into the impact that this change will have, we might change the restriction. However, we feel that this change is going to significantly impact RMT in our game along with help remove a very large reason to compromise accounts.

This is just the first step in our plan to help users keep their accounts secure. More will come as we progress through the year (and forevers!).

But 500G is not just mail amount but total amount, as-in “withdraw from guild bank” and “incoming mail” combined. Was that taken into account? If there are 3.5 million accounts, this change would impact 612,500 accounts. I mean yes, tiny percentage, but 600K people…

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’m amiable to the change for mail, what I’m staunchly opposed to is the guild bank change. I dislike having to have all of my gold on-hand. I don’t like the risk associated with potentially clicking the buy now button when checking the prices of legendaries, so I prefer to keep a majority of my gold locked away in a bank. I used to keep it in my personal bank (ideal solution), but since they removed that I now use a series of guild banks. This change will keep me from being able to access my gold freely, and I am not okay with that.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Gold Transfer Changes

joe.7684

I’m amiable to the change for mail, what I’m staunchly opposed to is the guild bank change. I dislike having to have all of my gold on-hand. I don’t like the risk associated with potentially clicking the buy now button when checking the prices of legendaries, so I prefer to keep a majority of my gold locked away in a bank. I used to keep it in my personal bank (ideal solution), but since they removed that I now use a series of guild banks. This change will keep me from being able to access my gold freely, and I am not okay with that.

I don’t, in fact, use my personal storage guild’s bank to store my gold because guild banks, unlike personal/account banks, are not protected in case something happens such as your being hacked (as my guild leader explained to me when I was setting up my storage guild last month). In fact, I don’t even store high-value items in my storage guild, only things that I don’t need immediately but are too good to just throw away, such as Halloween and Wintersday items.

As for the risk of clicking on the wrong button, that’s a genuine thing, and it’s happened to me a couple of times, but the real solution to that is to always stay alert as to what you’re doing when you’re carrying out a transaction on the TP involving buying or selling. Don’t be half-asleep, inebriated, or distracted when you’re using the TP.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Gaile, since the Megaserver opened up the option for guilds to recruit cross server some of the gold transfer is helping people move from server to server, would be a nice feature to ponder ways to allow people to help do this without having to convert to gold send it to them and have them convert back to gems. Thank you for the information and read if you catch it. Good hunting!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If it is no hassle for RMTs to exchange/send/receive items worth Gold, why would it be a hassle for Guilds to do so?

Why are the arguments that RMTs will easily bypass these restrictions, but it is a heavy burden for Guilds and other players to do the same thing?

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I don’t want that much gold on any of my characters.

It gives you a place to put gold you don’t want to be tempted to buy stuff with on impulse.

THIS!!!

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Noctis.2657

Noctis.2657

For those who can/do transactions between accs or friends that extend over the 500g limit fret not it will be just like in gw1 100 plat limit, this will convert surely into 500g+XX ectos lol and ectos will return as a currency.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Southern.8973

Southern.8973

500G may seem like an entirely arbitrary number, but I guarantee it is not. I took a look at our mail data (believe me, you guys really like mail and there is a lot of data) and set the value based on that. At 500G, it is not only functionally effective, but also it will only impact 0.175% of our players during an entire month’s worth of mails (if an account would hit the restriction once per month/30 days).

Looking more directly at those transactions, a large majority (98.228%) of those mails are being sent by RMT or compromised accounts (after selling off everything of value on an account).

Yes, there are going to be some edge cases that this is going to bump into, and as we look more into the impact that this change will have, we might change the restriction. However, we feel that this change is going to significantly impact RMT in our game along with help remove a very large reason to compromise accounts.

This is just the first step in our plan to help users keep their accounts secure. More will come as we progress through the year (and forevers!).

But 500G is not just mail amount but total amount, as-in “withdraw from guild bank” and “incoming mail” combined. Was that taken into account? If there are 3.5 million accounts, this change would impact 612,500 accounts. I mean yes, tiny percentage, but 600K people…

Numbers are a bit off.

If there are 3.5 Million accounts (using your numbers), it would impact ((3,500,000 * .00175) 6,175 accounts. Of those 6,175 accounts, it’s presumed that 98.223% of them would be RMTs, leaving only 1.777% of legitimate accounts affected by this change; meaning only 109 accounts. Out of 3.5 Million.

But the percentages that were given weren’t about affected accounts, but the number of emails sent in a month. That number wasn’t given, but for every 1,000,000 emails sent in a month, it would affect (1,000,000 * .00175) 1,750 emails. Of those 1,750 emails, 98.223% of them are alleged RMTs, leaving the aforementioned 1.777% of legitimate emails affected by this change, or (1,750 * .01777) 31 legitimate emails per million affected.

So 31 legitimate emails per 1,000,000 might be affected (per Chris).

The question then becomes, “is it worth it?” to increase the amount of hoops that RMTs will have to jump through in order to continue to ply their wares. Personally, I think so.

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: CajunSinjin.3410

CajunSinjin.3410

Chris – Ignore all of the trolls here. I think this is an excellent idea and much needed.

In the words of Spock, “The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one!”

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: FireCrescent.6512

FireCrescent.6512

Many people so far have made points in here against this foolish ruse that I have to agree with, including but not limited to the fact that this is only going to hurt actual players and not slow down RMT. This cap is absolutely absurd. Trash items will be sold as placeholders, Charged Lodestones will have their market screwed, etc— when you remove methods, they will go to other methods and begin to destroy other things.

My Guild pools gold for each others precursors and other expensive goals in our Guild Bank regularly. We are constantly handling and transferring between each other and the bank large sums of gold. We have funded over TWELVE Legendaries this way. You do this? We may as well not play, cause that’s how my Guild plays this game and how we want to play this game: helping each other and focusing on each others projects.

I don’t want to send my best friend a chunk of gold, which happens fairly often, only to be told she can’t retrieve it— and it be stuck in limbo unable for me to take back or her to use and me or her need the money. I don’t want to be sent a bunch of Charged Lodestones and lose over 10% of my money just trying to SELL THEM because YOU STILL HAVEN’T ADDED A SECURE TRADING SYSTEM and because you think this BS is a great idea.

‘Just a week’? Sorry to say, and I know how dramatic this sounds, but I’m not going to live forever! It’s a fact that I live aware of most every day. I don’t know if I’ll be alive tomorrow much less a week from now— I don’t know if my Internet or Power will be on a week from whenever. I don’t want to WAIT a WEEK to get the pooled money my group’s ALREADY worked hard for together and has RIGHT ON-HAND.

All this looks like to me is another one of your sleazy schemes to force players to buy gems to convert to gold to get around the stupid cap. I swear Arena Net, I’ve said it many times before and I will say it again— you are running this game into the ground. I hardly want to play as it is because the NPE is TERRIBLE. What is the point if I can’t do anything?

I don’t want to hear this blind argument of ’It’s a FREE game! Get over it!" No. I have personally financially supported this company for nearly 10 years. But for the past two, you keep throwing your loyal and older playerbase under a bus, and I am seriously losing my patience.

As usual, Anet. Good on Paper: Bad in Practice.

‘10 easy steps to slowly choking your MMO to death’ by the Anet Devs

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

Numbers are a bit off.

If there are 3.5 Million accounts (using your numbers), it would impact ((3,500,000 * .00175) 6,175 accounts. Of those 6,175 accounts, it’s presumed that 98.223% of them would be RMTs, leaving only 1.777% of legitimate accounts affected by this change; meaning only 109 accounts. Out of 3.5 Million.

But the percentages that were given weren’t about affected accounts, but the number of emails sent in a month. That number wasn’t given, but for every 1,000,000 emails sent in a month, it would affect (1,000,000 * .00175) 1,750 emails. Of those 1,750 emails, 98.223% of them are alleged RMTs, leaving the aforementioned 1.777% of legitimate emails affected by this change, or (1,750 * .01777) 31 legitimate emails per million affected.

So 31 legitimate emails per 1,000,000 might be affected (per Chris).

The question then becomes, “is it worth it?” to increase the amount of hoops that RMTs will have to jump through in order to continue to ply their wares. Personally, I think so.

You’re right, has to be 0.00175. However he said “players” so I presume those would be accounts. As in, accounts that got into situation of having incoming mails trigger the limit. Doesn’t have to be in one email. Plus my question about if withdrawal from guild bank still stands I think. For raffles you could deposit the gold into the guild bank. But when it needs to be withdrawn that would add to the limit, no?

Gold Transfer Changes

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

As usual, Anet. Good on Paper: Bad in Practice.

Withdraw 500G on Sunday, 500G on Monday and you’re ready for every precursor. Yes, you have to wait a day. I know, that’s hard, because you could be dead the other day (as you said), but I guess you have bigger problems if that would be the case.