Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Hello build diversity.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Sadly you’re wrong.
It’s – "ping zerker gear or kick " from now on. No longer does the current dps of a party afford to carry slackers.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

As long as mechanics require nothing a DPS can’t fulfill, I fear you’re wrong.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

I’m not even full zerker, I just found myself with 27.3% less crit damage, while full zerkers only lose 10%.
What kind of logic do you have Anet ?!?
Or this is how you want to push your beloved condi meta?
Really would like to hear a word from Anet how this is even reasonable …

(edited by Bigsexy.8302)

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

SkylightMoon.1980

I lost 30 crit damage when I logged, and only had zerker trinkets. Makes me question whether or not I want to use it in wvw now or swap out to pvt and might stack. 30-35% loss in crit damage is pretty significant.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Hello build diversity.

yeah, there is a ton of build diversity and profession depth after this patch…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

Sadly you’re wrong.
It’s – "ping zerker gear or kick " from now on. No longer does the current dps of a party afford to carry slackers.

this^

less damage – zerk more viable.
classes like necro/engi/ranger – no no, only high dps classes – thief war ele
if before patch i wasnt care about party gear or classes, play how you want – i have enough dmg to cover your ptv/bearbow kitten . now I care, i dont want to carry ptv/cleric/bearbow etc.

in other words – zerk or kick.

(edited by OneManArmy.9732)

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

SkylightMoon.1980

Sadly you’re wrong.

this^

if before patch i wasnt care about party gear or classes, play how you want – i have enough dmg to cover your ptv kitten . now I care, i dont want to carry ptv/cleric/bearbow etc.

for pve? maybe, but i expect to see more groups fail because they are doing 40% less damage and not downing the boss fast enough.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Andar.9107

Andar.9107

Lol name one new build that is viable in PvE now that zerker is a little less effective? Guardian Condi? Lol a condi build built around a single condition that doesn’t stack and a buidl that’s screwed by a single other party member applying burn.

Other builds aren’t viable cause zerker is so effective, they’re not viable because they either don’t work in group PvE (condi) or they waste stats on things you don’t need in PvE that can be used for dps.

They should have just introduced more dps stats like haste to compete with zerker.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Bigsexy.8302

At level 80, it will take 15 points of ferocity to gain 1% bonus critical damage, which means that there will about a 10% decrease in overall damage for a full “berserker” build.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/learn-about-critical-damage-changes/

Well… Nope.
Now basically Warrior’s Discipline is 20% from 30%. Zerk weapon is 8.5% from 10%.
Ring from 8% to 4.5% etc.
It looks to me the nerf is higher than the announced.
Anet dev to come here and explain it.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Harper.4173

Sadly you’re wrong.

this^

if before patch i wasnt care about party gear or classes, play how you want – i have enough dmg to cover your ptv kitten . now I care, i dont want to carry ptv/cleric/bearbow etc.

for pve? maybe, but i expect to see more groups fail because they are doing 40% less damage and not downing the boss fast enough.

How exactly are they doing 40% less damage?

I’ve calculated my damage – I lost about 10% depending on buff and food and whatnot.
The average zerker damage – the OVERALL damage nerf was around 10%.
Yes – the critical damage loss was bigger but the overall damage loss isn’t much over 10%.

So if a party of 5 zerkers had the damage of X before the patch, they’ve lost roughly 10% of damage output – making a 100 second fight last 10 seconds longer.
I doubt it’ll impact/ change much.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

SkylightMoon.1980

At level 80, it will take 15 points of ferocity to gain 1% bonus critical damage, which means that there will about a 10% decrease in overall damage for a full “berserker” build.

Well… Nope.
Now basically Warrior’s Discipline is 20% from 30%. Zerk weapon is 8.5% from 10%.

Ye the nerf is higher than they said, I have no idea how the devs could have gotten their calculations wrong? Technically we could have figured out this nerf before the patch though because we already know the stats on secondary stats. For some reason no one really did the calculations which is quite odd.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

Sadly you’re wrong.

As if its impossible to do a dungeon without everyone in zerker gear….

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Andar.9107

Well… Nope.

Ye the nerf is higher than they said, I have no idea how the devs could have gotten their calculations wrong? Technically we could have figured out this nerf before the patch though because we already know the stats on secondary stats. For some reason no one really did the calculations which is quite odd.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Andar.9107

How was it higher than announced? They said 10% OVERALL damage nerf but crit damage % would be higher. Some builds/classes are hurt more than others but I don’t see a huge deviation from 10%.

Not that I agree with the nerf, just saying it was announced correctly.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

Sadly you’re wrong.

this^

if before patch i wasnt care about party gear or classes, play how you want – i have enough dmg to cover your ptv/bearbow kitten . now I care, i dont want to carry ptv/cleric/bearbow etc.

you guys sound like you are upset at anet and now you want to rebel against them by doing the thing they didnt want you to do. like little kids.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

What we’re having here is a hypocritical QQ fest because some of these people were actually here early on when they did this to condition damage builds right before announcing Fractals. As I recall they said some pretty nasty things to the condition and healing crowds back then, things like “make a power crit build” “learn to crit” and my personal favorite “this game isn’t for you”. Now that the shoe is on the other foot however they are being forced to adapt and many of them won’t take their own advice.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Bigsexy.8302

How was it higher than announced? They said 10% OVERALL damage nerf but crit damage % would be higher. Some builds/classes are hurt more than others but I don’t see a huge deviation from 10%.

According to their own article – 10% overall for full zerker build. Lets see warrior…
Acended trinkets, armor, scholar runes and weapon used to be 109%. Post-patch is 72.6%
36% are simply missing. Not even close to 10. But almost 4 times higher than the announced.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

SkylightMoon.1980

Sadly you’re wrong.

this^

I’ve calculated my damage – I lost about 10% depending on buff and food and whatnot.
Yes – the critical damage loss was bigger but the overall damage loss isn’t much over 10%.

So if a party of 5 zerkers had the damage of X before the patch, they’ve lost roughly 10% of damage output – making a 100 second fight last 10 seconds longer.

You lose a lot more than that lol. On your traits, if you do 30 in the crit damage line for the 300 plus to ferocity, thats 20 crit damage instead of 30 now. Thats minus 10% crit damage from traits alone. Also, just for the zerk amulet alone, you go from 9 crit damage to 5.6. You can keep calculating the loss in crit damage and you’ll see its more than 10% on your crits.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Andar.9107

Sadly you’re wrong.

this^

you guys sound like you are upset at anet and now you want to rebel against them by doing the thing they didnt want you to do. like little kids.

Umm no just stating that their intentions for the change won’t match the result. It isn’t out of spite, its just math. There are certain PvE mechanics that can’t be avoided unless you have a certain damage threshold. Nerf overall damage, and group dps matters more, hence non-zerker is tolerated less as it isn’t optimal and thus reducing build diversity.

Non-zerkers aren’t non-viable cause zerker is so good, they’re not viable because they don’t work. Condi’s don’t work in group PvE due to stacking rules and they scale like crap. Control builds don’t work due to boss defiance. Tank builds don’t work cause too many things one-shot you no matter how much defense you have so zerker dodging is just as effective.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Andar.9107

Sadly you’re wrong.

this^

You lose a lot more than that lol. On your traits, if you do 30 in the crit damage line for the 300 plus to ferocity, thats 20 crit damage instead of 30 now. Thats minus 10% crit damage from traits alone. Also, just for the zerk amulet alone, you go from 9 crit damage to 5.6. You can keep calculating the loss in crit damage and you’ll see its more than 10% on your crits.

Read what he said, it is >10% crit damage but that does not equate to 10% overall nerf. Certain builds derive more of their damage from crit and will be hurt a little more than 10% (perhaps a lot more) but on the average it is supposed to be 10% overall damage (not crit damage).

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: FriskiestSpoon.6289

FriskiestSpoon.6289

Yes, with dual sigils and the new Arms trait, my dps has suffered greatly.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Andar.9107

According to their own article – 10% overall for full zerker build. Lets see warrior…
Acended trinkets, armor, scholar runes and weapon used to be 109%. Post-patch is 72.6%
36% are simply missing. Not even close to 10. But almost 4 times higher than the announced.

learn2math, 10% crit damage is NOT 10% overall damage

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Didn’t someone mention a new replacement armor? I coulda sworn i read that somewhere, something that replaced full zerker armor and people started a thread soon after asking for refunds of their full zerker armor sets….

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Bigsexy.8302

learn2math, 10% crit damage is NOT 10% overall damage

lel, even if we take it as they mean indeed overall damage rather than critical damage, it’s still more than 10%.
Pre-patch 10 damage, 259% multiplier, crit 25.9.
Post-patch: 10 damage, 222% multiplier, crit 22.2
Loss:14.29%

You are welcome

(edited by Bigsexy.8302)

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: CratZ.6270

CratZ.6270

Assuming 100% crit chance.

nvm seems you did calculate it in.

(edited by CratZ.6270)

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

This is a whole lot of fanfare for something so inconsequential. In a full zerk party, dungeon mobs live for about 4 seconds. Them surviving for 4.4 seconds means almost nothing from a balance perspective.

While I agree that this change is stupid, I don’t think this really affects that much in the grand scheme of things.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Well… Nope.

Nobody got their calculations wrong.

ANet is just absolutely idiotic when it comes down to this kind of stuff and the community failed to actually listen and think about the change.

They said “OVERALL” 10% DPS loss on characters with “BERSERKER GEAR.” They didn’t say 10% less crit damage. They said 10% less damage overall.

So to compensate and in comparison with their favorite warrior builds not running precision specs with like 45% crit chance, this means actual critical damage falls around 30%, for if one only took a 10% crit damage nerf, the overall difference would be less than 10%, as the hits (55% of them) not critting would be unaffected.

I tried over and over again to try and rally people to realize this, and everyone said “wait and see, I doubt ANet is that dumb.”

Well it certainly proves my point.

I’m definitely done with GW2 until this is changed, though. I refuse to play a game that forces me to play a certain way to be competitive in PvP (condi bunker).

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

The lack of reading comprehension and understanding of the math behind damage is monstrously astounding in this thread.

Here’s a hint: if you had 100% critical damage, you were doing 2.5x a base attack pre-Ferocity. If post-Ferocity removed 30% of your critical damage, your crits will do 2.2×. 2.2/2.5 = .88, so if you crit 100% of the time, you’re actually only losing 12% of your overall damage.

So technically, if you look at your gear stats based on your armor alone, Zerker gear probably did lose approximately 10% overall damage. ANet never specified a min-max scenario, and perhaps those should be losing upwards of 15-20% of their damage to bring them more in line.

Just a thought.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Nerf was too great.

Need to reduce amount nerfed

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Full zerker lost 10% and not more.
Min-max build lost 20% and not more.

These are numbers gained from multiple live damage test against mobs and an average calculated out of it. And the sigil change can make the damage loss from a full zerker almost insignificant. Just the min maxers kinda got hit hard.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Full zerker took a 10% hit, so what, that’s nothing. Hybrid builds have taken a massive hit to the face. My roaming builds have lost 45%+ crit dmg, at 45% crit chance, that’s like 25% dmg total damage. Not only that, but also 30% less boon duration.

HOW IS THIS PROMOTING BUILD DIVERSITY OR SUPPORT BUILDS?

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Full zerker took a 10% hit, so what, that’s nothing. Hybrid builds have taken a massive hit to the face. My roaming builds have lost 45%+ crit dmg, at 45% crit chance, that’s like 25% dmg total damage. Not only that, but also 30% less boon duration.

Let’s round up. Let’s say you lost 50% crit damage. I don’t know exactly how you could have, but let’s assume you were at 150% critical damage on your paper doll, so a critical hit would be 150 + 50 + 100 or 3x the base damage of an attack.

You lost 50% critical damage. Now you’re at 100 + 50 + 100 or 2.5x the base damage of an attack when you crit. 2.5/3.0 = .833, so you are doing 83.3% of the damage you were doing. For crits. So if you crit 100% of the time, you’ll see a 16.7% damage reduction.

Now let’s factor your critical chance in. If you’re critting half the time, you’re doing .5*1x + .5*2.5x = 1.75x, so on average you’ll be doing 1.75x your base damage per attack. You used to do .5*1x + .5*3x = 2.0x on average. 1.75/2.0 = .875, or you are on average doing 87.5% of the damage you used to do.

In short, you’ll see a 12.5% damage reduction overall if you lost 50% of your critical damage off of your character sheet at a 50% chance to crit.

Feel free to check my math.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Boyd.5438

Boyd.5438

full zerker same traits and stuff pre patch 12.5k target A.
full zerker same traits and stuff Post Patch 8.8k target A.

how much% is that? sry my maths is bad.

not warrior.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

I imagine that’s a serious question so I will give a serious answer. We won’t know how these current changes fit into the larger effort to add build diversity and create better support builds until they release more info on the other changes that they said were coming. This change in overall damage output isn’t meant to completely fix build diversity or buff support builds in the short term. However, as Anet has said, “We want to make support roles more viable so they are not supporting other players by just killing things faster.” Clearly, they felt crit damage was a problem the way it was handled before with regard to that goal and this Ferocity change was a necessary foundational change before they can move forward with other mechanic and balance changes. Now, what these other changes they were talking about are? Who knows. And they won’t tell us until they’re ready so good luck there.

Edit: I feel like I’m just putting 2 and 2 together here with this assessment based on what they said initially about Ferocity and what they said in their last release about the Ferocity changes. Their language appears to be consistent about their goals although they were much more vague about their aims when they made that feature patch preview post. What I see people most confused about isn’t really the numbers behind the Ferocity change. It’s why they are making foundational changes instead of comprehensive balance alterations to achieve their goal.

(edited by nightwulf.1986)

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

Sadly you’re wrong.

sadly he is right lol, i use a ranger and rolled with Knights armor for a little protection (rest of gear zerker) and to be honest people praised me and liked to do dungeons with me, invited me back (that is hard already been a ranger) i am not the best but i manage and people didnt even notice i was using non zerker gear. Now i would probably need to change my armor (ascended) to full zerker because people will probably notice the lack of damage and more damage will be needed to compensate the lost via ferocity

so IMO this encourage people to use zerker gear even more lol

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Husanak.3769

Husanak.3769

They should have just fixed it and set it up like a regular MMO. Leave the Critical Severity stat alone… and fix the real issue. The Critical chance stat. Precision is the real issue. Really how many other MMOs can you play where having 100% crit chance is even possible never mind semi normal. Any game that allows players to have Critical hit numbers north of 50% is broken. Crit hit should be 10-20% and 30% max fully kitted and traited and consumabled up.

At that point there would be no issues with the severity stat.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

it’s still more than 10%.
Pre-patch 10 damage, 259% multiplier, crit 25.9.
Post-patch: 10 damage, 222% multiplier, crit 22.2
Loss:14.29%

They said a full berserker build would lose about 10%. Assuming max +precision and +crit damage from trait lines:

Pre-patch: 109% crit damage, 54% crit chance = 1 + .54*(.5+1.09) = 1.8586
Post-patch: 72.6% crit damage, 54% crit chance = 1 + .54*(.5+.726) = 1.66204

1.66204 / 1.8586 = 0.894
or a loss of 10.6%

They should have just fixed it and set it up like a regular MMO. Leave the Critical Severity stat alone… and fix the real issue. The Critical chance stat. Precision is the real issue. Really how many other MMOs can you play where having 100% crit chance is even possible never mind semi normal. Any game that allows players to have Critical hit numbers north of 50% is broken. Crit hit should be 10-20% and 30% max fully kitted and traited and consumabled up.

Precision is an interesting stat. Most people only consider the raw damage aspect of it. But it also controls damage distribution (variability or consistency). If you have 0% precision, your damage clusters at the low end. If you have 100% precision, your damage clusters at the high end. But if you have 50% precision, your damage is evenly distributed all the way from the low end to the high end.

So yes your damage increases with higher precision. But from the standpoint of damage consistency, 50% precision is the worst possible value, 0% and 100% the best. I don’t think this was something they considered when designing the game, and it unexpectedly increases the value of additional precision once you pass 50%. Ideally you’d design the precision mechanic so that it keeps the distribution the same width, and simply shifts the damage up with higher precision, with ferocity controlling the amount of shift.

(edited by Solandri.9640)

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Husanak.3769

Husanak.3769

I agree 30% in most games I have played is where damage really starts to ramp. That’s because most developers consider damage cycles when they are balancing there gear stats. Meaning that defensive style gear vs offensive gear isn’t majorly different in terms of actual sustained DPS over longer periods. Meaning that over say 1-2 min an offensive set would only really be 5-10% more overall DPS. The difference would be in a “Spike” dmg with the offensive sets in general providing much higher waves of dmg that are not possible to sustain over long periods. Games that are designed with that in mind in terms of both skills and gear… imo tend to be much deeper and more fun overall. Support classes at that point matter in that they help those spike builds both sustain themselves and in most games the support classes also have ways to increase the frequency or extend the duration of those dmg cycles from the dmg classes. Anet has tried that but imo mainly failed… why are things like Spotter on a ranger in there Power Line for example. The design in many ways doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Harper.4173

Let’s round up. Let’s say you lost 50% crit damage. I don’t know exactly how you could have, but let’s assume you were at 150% critical damage on your paper doll, so a critical hit would be 150 + 50 + 100 or 3x the base damage of an attack.

You lost 50% critical damage. Now you’re at 100 + 50 + 100 or 2.5x the base damage of an attack when you crit. 2.5/3.0 = .833, so you are doing 83.3% of the damage you were doing. For crits. So if you crit 100% of the time, you’ll see a 16.7% damage reduction.

Now let’s factor your critical chance in. If you’re critting half the time, you’re doing .5*1x + .5*2.5x = 1.75x, so on average you’ll be doing 1.75x your base damage per attack. You used to do .5*1x + .5*3x = 2.0x on average. 1.75/2.0 = .875, or you are on average doing 87.5% of the damage you used to do.

In short, you’ll see a 12.5% damage reduction overall if you lost 50% of your critical damage off of your character sheet at a 50% chance to crit.

Feel free to check my math.

Thank you for posting this.

People need to realize that your critical damage affects your overall damage but a 30% critical damage loss is not equal to a 30% dps loss.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sergiu.3698

Sergiu.3698

i have lost 40% critical damage on my mixed armor , valk and celestial
this is not a kittening 10% nerf omg,

twitch:enses_09

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

i have lost 40% critical damage on my mixed armor , valk and celestial
this is not a kittening 10% nerf omg,

It’s probably not far off. Provide us with your crit chance and we will tell you.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sergiu.3698

Sergiu.3698

im bit 2 sad for that but whatever
ferocity 1017
~before the nerf my crit damage was 109%~now is something around 72.46() if im correct.

twitch:enses_09

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

im bit 2 sad for that but whatever
ferocity 1017
~before the nerf my crit damage was 109%~now is something around 72.46() if im correct.

15% dps loss at 100% crit chance.
10% dps loss at 50% crit chance.

Depends on what your crit chance is, but you didn’t do too badly

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Hello build diversity.

yeah, there is a ton of build diversity and profession depth after this patch…

I imagine that being runes problem, most of them dont make sense or fit with other traits or situations.

About damage i kinda liked the update, players now have to be more “dedicated and carefull” and not that 25k hp down in 2 or 3 seconds.
Noticed after patch theres still some very good burst builds for warriors and eles, thives i imagine some sorta hybrid builds between power and condi.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Not everything happening has to be about PvP balance, you know?
It’s very much in the right of a developer working on itemization to say that due to stat imbalance, he needs to nerf crit damage. Done. He (or she) gets a say in balance, too. Team agrees, nerfs crit damage.

That’s completely independent from what the PvP-centric developers usually do, and they probably agreed with it because the reason to nerf crit damage is/was larger than “PvE Zerker meta” or “PvP imbalance” or “build diversity”.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Build Diversity? What?
Zerker set is literally the only viable set now for the PvE, as it was before.
It still deals the most damage.

Learn to dodge and run 20/30/10/0/0 on Guard.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Dont forget to add in the 150% when you add up your crit damage. You cant compare a % loss without looking at the full crit damage.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Dont forget to add in the 150% when you add up your crit damage. You cant compare a % loss without looking at the full crit damage.

People also hugely overestimate how much of their effective full outgoing damage is even based on critting attacks. They forget about, well, just about everything. The boons, the procced conditions, the skill-based conditions, the time spent not hitting but still contributing to the fight progressing, etc.

Overall, there’s no really perceptible nerf in PvE IMO. Yes if I screenshot the numbers they’re lower but it doesn’t feel lower.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Good bye Zerker

in Profession Balance

Andar.9107

People also hugely overestimate how much of their effective full outgoing damage is even based on critting attacks. They forget about, well, just about everything. The boons, the procced conditions, the skill-based conditions, the time spent not hitting but still contributing to the fight progressing, etc.

Overall, there’s no really perceptible nerf in PvE IMO. Yes if I screenshot the numbers they’re lower but it doesn’t feel lower.

You weren’t doing that much damage then, plain and simple. Losing 35-45% crit damage, while perhaps only being a 10-15% overall nerf, is VERY much noticeable. A warrior’s Evicerate would go from 14k to 11k for example. People get used to the numbers on their dps so when they see a poorly designed nerf like this, they’ll obviously react negatively. I’m glad Arenanet got what they wanted and all these new non-zerker builds are viable now….oh wait…nevermind we just kittened a bunch of customers off for nothing.