Good bye to Lion's Arch

Good bye to Lion's Arch

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sylvnfox.7086

sylvnfox.7086

Lion’s Arch, thy time has come, we say good bye with setting sun.

Jumping puzzles, and the bank, trading post, Asura gate. These things we will miss the most, and for them all we raise a toast.

The mystic forge in the heart of town, gobbled all our money down, but loosing it would be a shame so we will miss it all the same.

We came to you to AFK, to sell our loot, and have our say. We crafted armor and weapons made, but now it’s time we went away.

Scarlet comes to burn you down, and take from us this lovely town. But go not quietly into the night, we your citizens will stand and fight!

With tooth and claw and shining blade, flashing spell and hand grenade. Scarlet will regret this day, we will strike back and make her pay!

Once the smoke and dust is gone, life for us will carry on. Perhaps one day we can come home and rebuild you up with wood and stone.

But if that day should never come, we all remember where we are from.

So Lion’s Arch we say good bye, with STERN SALUTE… and teary eye.

A shadow of darkness falls, there is nothing you can do but watch.
The clear blue sky turns a dark sickening green and swirls with corruption.
A dark laugh of evil echo’s in your mind!

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Was a lagfest anyway and abused as free travel spot from around the world.

Actually, I think the abuse as free port to a major hub was the reason it gets blown up.

Scarlet does one thing for the better of the game. Thank you!

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: Azarhiel.4579

Azarhiel.4579

Well written and a fair tribute to Lion’s Arch.
We will stand, defending it to our last breath !!
Get your weapons ready, give them no mercy !!

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: Chlupac.4936

Chlupac.4936

You guys think that whole LA will be really gone after this update ?
I think it will be almost the same with few unused buildings burned down, damaged walls,…
With total LA destruction they would have to change so many personal story steps and that is simly too much for 2week update. (imho)

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I think it will be almost the same with few unused buildings burned down, damaged walls,…
With total LA destruction they would have to change so many personal story steps and that is simly too much for 2week update. (imho)

Yeah.. except the fact that they have already confirmed that they will move all essential services (Asura Gates and such) to Vigil Keep for now.
Which would suggest that they will destroy quite a bit.

They have also confirmed that the Personal Story parts will be entered by a special new portal, and since the Personal Story is “locked in time” it would work even with a destroyed LA.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Azarhiel.4579

LA will be made explorable with events and mobs, you expect them to undo that after 2 weeks ?

If it is the case, they will lose players that don’t care about temporary content and want to see presistent ones to be done.

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I seriously doubt LA will be all gone forever, it will be back as before. Otherwise I am going to say Anet is being horrible, we need LA, I refuse to think Anet would get rid of the biggest hub in the game.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I would laugh so hard if after all of this they did another patch and LA looked exactly the same.

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Azarhiel.4579

I seriously doubt LA will be all gone forever, it will be back as before. Otherwise I am going to say Anet is being horrible, we need LA, I refuse to think Anet would get rid of the biggest hub in the game.

And to that i would say : They will make me stop playing the game unless they create a server wide event asking for crafting materials in order to rebuild the city that takes almost a year to complete.

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

How long did it take to rebuild the Lion after the Mad King’s appearance in 2012? 6 months? A bit more? I don’t remember.

So if they destroy LA, how long will it take to rebuild it? 10-20 years?

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Azarhiel.4579

A small scale city can be built in 5-10 years…

Gathering materials during one year is enough to rebuild a wooden city, the reconstruction may take 2-3 years for a small town

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Eh, we’ll just bribe the Tengu to let us use their city. It’s probably cleaner than LA…

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: nightly.2761

nightly.2761

or hi-jack a aetherblade airship and fly us to kamadan! the new place to talk and hang out in this sunny city!

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Gathering materials during one year is enough to rebuild a wooden city, the reconstruction may take 2-3 years for a small town

I’m working with logic here, so bare with me.
The unique quality of Lion’s Arch was that it mostly wasn’t built the way a conventional city , like Divinity’s Reach was. It was a piecemeal of broken ships re-purposed to function as a normal city hub.
Further out in it’s suburbs, we can see the normal Krytan architecture.
There are few more examples of this nautical salvage style in Gendarran Fields.

If Lion’s Arch is razed to it’s borders, as Ascalon City was, it wouldn’t make much sense to do anything but salvage wood and mortar and build normal buildings from that, rather than build in a style that gave building inspectors no end of grief.
From a game design perspective, they could make the area like Fields of Ruin: A fortified city hub, under siege by Scarlet’s forces.

Lion’s Arch will no longer exist as we know it now.

And that is not a bad thing. It is those that have played from the beginning, something they can share fond memories of.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

The Divinity’s Reach Tourism Council appreciates your support.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Smoldering, broken, lifeless… or is it? Lion’s Arch: A Phoenix Reborn!

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Very likely, but I’d rather want to see LA slowly get rebuilt over time (i.e. over multiple content patches) then see it return to normal after the 2 weeks or so.

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Just bring back Spamadan. Who needs LA, anyways?

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Lion’s Arch burns
We go to ground
Ashes fill the sky
Broken bodies litter around

We see buildings crumble
and see Scarlet try to act like a boss
but the town was a waste anyways
so nothing of value was lost.

;)

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Quote : With tooth and claw and shining blade, flashing spell and hand grenade. Scarlet will regret this day, we will strike back and make her pay!

Best line……

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

From twitter.
“The ground will open. The sky will fall.” ~RB2 #GW2 #guildwars2 https://vine.co/v/MZZ1b1mgw0F

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

Well done sylvnfox. I even noticed a subtle tip of the hat to Dylan Thomas in there…bravo!

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

From what we see in the video, I don’t believe L.A gets fully destroyed on parts of it. I’m hoping to see the Tengu open their main door and come to the assistance of the 5 races living in L.A and from there a new era of friendship and exchange will develop between those 6 races and the gates to the Dominion of Winds will be permanently open with a sentry presence of course.

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

I believe the Consortium will also replace Lion Arch Trading.

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Nice song and happy moment for me,i never liked Lions Arch and only regret about this LS is that i cant help Scarlet Burn it….bye bye LA.Let us get something better for a main town now.

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Well, LA is made of boats and large bricks clumped together into building-like things. They’ll just need to go to orr and salvage all the boats there.

LA would be fixed in 2-4 weeks afterwards. :I

Good bye to Lion's Arch

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

We don’t need no water let the mkitten burn. BURN MKITTEN.

Seriously I’m so sick of this place. Government ran by pirates…CITIZENS n kitten. Tear it down TO THE GROUND BABY.

Then send me the bill. I’ll take care for teh repairs.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)