Goodbye Anet!

Goodbye Anet!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZonaMaster.6395

ZonaMaster.6395

I played thieves 100% and you make me reach enlightenment and know how foolish i am well nothing matters anymore i will just accept it and move on like an enlighten monk

Edit:Typo

(edited by ZonaMaster.6395)

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: SirServed.5693

SirServed.5693

Can I have your stuff?

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Liquicity.3621

Liquicity.3621

Dibs on the boots.

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

Can I have your stuff?

kitten it im too late again

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

He played thieves 100%. He must have lots of loots. share?

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I think your thief stole from me once.

I want it back.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Today’s patch notes don’t seem like they nerfed thief so not sure the reason behind the rage quit. I also play thief for the better part of 3 years.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

I never understood 100% thief only players. They complain the most about their profession, constantly saying how thief is garbage, yet refuse to play other professions.

there are 8 other classes in the game you know. Why not give those a shot instead of sticking to a class you don’t even like?

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Today’s patch notes don’t seem like they nerfed thief so not sure the reason behind the rage quit. I also play thief for the better part of 3 years.

He reached enlightenment. I think he maybe became a monk in real life and can’t play anymore. Playing thief apparently helped him reach enlightenment.

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Thread will be closed in minutes but before it is I may as well add that if more players only played thief as they do guardian maybe the class would be in a better place. Anet keeps chipping away at ele bit by bit but guard is untouched. The thief is the only class I can’t justify taking in a raid and that’s sad.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I never understood 100% thief only players. They complain the most about their profession, constantly saying how thief is garbage, yet refuse to play other professions.

there are 8 other classes in the game you know. Why not give those a shot instead of sticking to a class you don’t even like?

It’s almost like people have – gasp – preferred play styles. The nerve!

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Can I have your stuff?

kitten it im too late again

I know right… If he’s going to make this big self-indulgent spectacle of leaving he could at least give us some loot. Else what’s the point?

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: SirServed.5693

SirServed.5693

Thread will be closed in minutes but before it is I may as well add that if more players only played thief as they do guardian maybe the class would be in a better place. Anet keeps chipping away at ele bit by bit but guard is untouched. The thief is the only class I can’t justify taking in a raid and that’s sad.

So, I don’t raid or anything, but I actually recently put my Guardian away in favor of my Thief. The lack of mobility bothers me, the gameplay as Guardian feels slower paced and DPS (especially aoe) is pretty faceroll compared to playing my Thief. I feel like I actually have to work for what I get while using the Staff, and that keeps it interesting for me. My Thief’s DPS is lower, but the CC is a lot less dependent on the enemy running over a trap.

Goodbye Anet!

ZonaMaster.6395

You know you should quit your class when even pve (raid) mode rejected you

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

yes when even the most competitive high end pve content that got released 1 day ago rejects you its definetly time to quit...can u leave already?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Give it time. Soon someone will figure out how to do the 10 man dungeon (aka raid) with only Thief or Warrior or (just insert profession here).

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Ripkord.8567

Ripkord.8567

Well maybe i have to encurage you to stay and try again, here is why.
I run Berserker gear in raid with 11.745 Hp to be exact and i never had really a problem staying alive at all.
And this is my build i use for it Direct Damage
As you can see you have 100% life all the time with shortbow bouncing between the targets and healing you like crazy. And also Tanking any boss ( In this case its the green one because of direct damage)
You wonna help covering the green spots ? No problem, scorpion wire is your best friend saving everyones lifes while standing in the green spots. Go stay where whatever place you are in range for the next red sparcle thats nearest the green spot and pull it away, while pulling it you dash through it going directly to the green spot!
Your team need someone to remove the blue Guardians boons ? No problem ! Just swap Deadly Arts to Trickery, buffing everyone up with thrill of crime and bountiful theft sleight of hand.
Shortbow skill 2 is a blast for everyone! holding up might stacks, healing up friends, giving auras of all kind.
Shortbow skill 5 is your best friend to move around.
You can choose from any rune or sigil you like the most everything works.

You also can do this with Condition Damage tanking the Red boss. works the same way!

In short.. everyone that says thiefs are bad in raids.. let me tell you what, everyone in my guild wants me in their group. Go away from poeple who tell you what to do and what is not meta in their eyes, let em be the try hards. The truth is, they are the toxic people that noone needs and iam laughing at them.

You should have to look for a good guild that cares for you and not your class youre playing.

Iam having a blast with my guild and we will to this first boss today.

(edited by Ripkord.8567)

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I’m not thief only. My first 80 was a mesmer and I’m now leveling an elementalist.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Goodbye Anet!

ZonaMaster.6395

Well maybe i have to encurage you to stay and try again, here is why.
I run Berserker gear in raid with 11.745 Hp to be exact and i never had really a problem staying alive at all.
And this is my build i use for it Direct Damage
As you can see you have 100% life all the time with shortbow bouncing between the targets and healing you like crazy. And also Tanking any boss ( In this case its the green one because of direct damage)
You wonna help covering the green spots ? No problem, scorpion wire is your best friend saving everyones lifes while standing in the green spots. Go stay where whatever place you are in range for the next red sparcle thats nearest the green spot and pull it away, while pulling it you dash through it going directly to the green spot!
Your team need someone to remove the blue Guardians boons ? No problem ! Just swap Deadly Arts to Trickery, buffing everyone up with thrill of crime and bountiful theft sleight of hand.
Shortbow skill 2 is a blast for everyone! holding up might stacks, healing up friends, giving auras of all kind.
Shortbow skill 5 is your best friend to move around.
You can choose from any rune or sigil you like the most everything works.

You also can do this with Condition Damage tanking the Red boss. works the same way!

In short.. everyone that says thiefs are bad in raids.. let me tell you what, everyone in my guild wants me in their group. Go away from poeple who tell you what to do and what is not meta in their eyes, let em be the try hards. The truth is, they are the toxic people that noone needs and iam laughing at them.

You should have to look for a good guild that cares for you and not your class youre playing.

Iam having a blast with my guild and we will to this first boss today.

Thanks for some encouragement!

Well You know in the eyes of some group just being a thief gonna get you kicked
that’s really tell a lot about normal state of thief

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

So, I don’t raid or anything, but I actually recently put my Guardian away in favor of my Thief. The lack of mobility bothers me, the gameplay as Guardian feels slower paced and DPS (especially aoe) is pretty faceroll compared to playing my Thief. I feel like I actually have to work for what I get while using the Staff, and that keeps it interesting for me. My Thief’s DPS is lower, but the CC is a lot less dependent on the enemy running over a trap.

Considering that guardian has loads of group utility, healing, and group stability and buffs thief’s single target damage especially considering its conditional damage thief damage should be much higher than guardian. Due to very poor balancing it isn’t though -_- People say if thief wants more damage it should “give something up” but ranger, necro, and others didn’t give anything up for their buffs.

Likewise warrior damage should be more than what it is. Yes they have the best passive defense (base HP and heavy armor) but no real mobility (greatsword forward is creative use of mechanics and is meant to be a linear attack skill for tagging lots of mobs in a small area not for pure mobility) and their best DPS comes from melee. Sword/shield + hammer is good for interrupts and gap closing (sword 3 I think leaps to the opponent I know sword 3 on guardian shadowsteps) but too many ignores block invalidates a lot of shield’s utility.

So yes, thief and warrior need damage buffs to compensate for other classes having excellent utility with none of the sacrifice. Yes daredevil gets an extra dodge, but it’s still a resource that requires some management, superfluous dodges are bad, but damage mitigation is so terrible you need to dodge when you can and not just big attacks like on other classes, likewise base damage is so poor that at a lot of marauder or ‘zerker gear isn’t optional. if you’re going power. Dire or trailblazer would be perfect for condition thieves in PvP, but those amulets aren’t available.

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Dolphin.2574

Dolphin.2574

So I wonder how long the ZonaMaster has been playing?

I see only this post and one from a month ago. I will paraphrase:

Post 1: Thief got Buffed, yeah.
Post 2: Thief got Nerfed, I quit.

Interesting

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Miserymachine.7512

Miserymachine.7512

As a person who has a hard time focusing on just one class I envy your tunnel vision OP.

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

As a person who has a hard time focusing on just one class I envy your tunnel vision OP.

Depends on how you’re playing this game.
I can play any class pretty well in pve – no matter how long I’ve spend on them. Wvw and pvp though.. nope.

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Can I have your stuff?

This isn’t the place for such talk.

Instead try, “Can I have shinies?!”

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Can I have your stuff?

Nah you’d get in trouble. He’s a Thief so all of his stuff is stolen. He’s probably turning himself in so Anet can lock him up forever for harassment via trying to join a raid group and got kicked in their self defense.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Goodbye Anet!

ZonaMaster.6395

I have play this game more than 2 years just saying

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

OP – It’s ok, you’ll be back, cause as MMO’s go GW2 is hard to beat right now.

And since there is no Sub, you are not really leaving. You just think you are :-)

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Goodbye Anet!

Just a flesh wound.3589

If you find another f2p/b2p game that’s better, you can always come back and tell us about it.

ANet may give it to you.

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: jeezlaweez.6810

jeezlaweez.6810

Everytime I see a thread like this it makes me cringe and then ironically laugh, since I keep asking myself HOW… kitten … HOW can anyone complain about any profession on PvE beside Necromancer players? They aren’t kicked from dungeons/fractals/god-knows-why because of the solo reason of being Necromancers, no matter build, damage, player skill, because someone said Necros weren’t any good.

If you ever kicked someone because “Dis gud you bad”, please read OP and see that one day can be your day to have a bad profession on some content.

Samuel Hart – lvl 80 Necro and 20 more toons… well. Yeah.

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Jarvis.9540

Jarvis.9540

I played thieves 100% and you make me reach enlightenment and know how foolish i am well nothing matters anymore i will just accept it and move on like an enlighten monk

Edit:Typo

wut

(15 character)

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

Well You know in the eyes of some group just being a thief gonna get you kicked
that’s really tell a lot about normal state of thief

Don’t pug raids, not on day 2. There are organized guild groups on ts that didn’t get the Vale Guardian kill, with a pug it’s just gonna be a bad experience all around.

And this is said by someone that has no special prejudice against pugs, I used to enjoy pugging dungeons when you could still find people on lfg.

That said, I’m not going to tell you to try other professions (I mean you could, but ultimatelt just do what you enjoy).
I’ll just point out that even if thief at the moment maybe isn’t in a great spot, this doesn’t mean that the game has become unplayable: what matters it that you enjoy thief gameplay, as long as that’s true you shouldn’t see the profession as “ruined”.

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

Door, backside, etc

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Evasiion.3859

Evasiion.3859

You’re blowing things a bit out of proportion. Thief was my first main i got to 80 and played it exclusively for quite awhile until I got bored and decided instead of flat out quitting try one of the other 7(before hot) classes and since then have played just about every class and made the game that much more enjoyable experience for me.

Incinerator/Meteorlogicus/Sunrise/Bifrost.
Syllariana, Ghostly Eva, M Ë S, Scarletta Marie, D R Ä K E.

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Give it time. Soon someone will figure out how to do the 10 man dungeon (aka raid) with only Thief or Warrior or (just insert profession here).

You just reminded me of the good old Dervish/Assassin taxi builds in GW1, haha. Those were cool.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Mirtis.6847

Mirtis.6847

but why quit playing now? thieves have never been this fun to play…

Also i play full-zerk thief(same build as Ripkord, almost) and necro so…still having a blast with the expansion.

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i want some of your stuff too. mail them to me in game pls.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

To be fair, it’s possible to have an affinity for a class, even if it’s not very good (or not good in the way you feel it needs to be) in a certain game.

I feel that way about Ranger, for example.

I don’t feel it’s as good as it should be, in this game and it is definitely lacking in what I view as useful utilities.

There again, you have to wonder about someone having an affinity for playing a thief.

What, exactly, is that saying about you?

Again, to try to be fair, as someone who likes Hunters/Rangers in games, it’s not because I would actually hunt IRL for fun, or approve of hunting for fun; it is just because I like pets and bows.

So, you know, it may be that someone likes the idea of ninjas and daggers and not so much about the more dubious aspects of thief…

Such as stabbing people in the back, from stealth. :/

As someone who mainly plays EotM/WvW, though, it’s hard to imagine that thief is in any way in a bad place, compared with certain other classes.

If nothing else, you can always play it defensively and get out of an otherwise lethal situation.

Which is more than you can say for Ranger, for example.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: CadeRG.4508

CadeRG.4508

Am I too late for the garage sale?

Vaulting daredevil leap frog teef of AoE destruction

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Yes, a Thief stole it all.

Goodbye Anet!

Just a flesh wound.3589

He’s a thief. He’s going to use the thief skill, Shadowstep.

Shadowstep: Shadowstep to new MMO. Becomes Shadow Return, which returns you to your original MMO and cures three complaints.

ANet may give it to you.

Goodbye Anet!

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I’m not sure why anyone would exclude thieves from the new raid. They have several terrific skills that are fabulous in the first boss fight.