Guesting will solve the "underflow" issue?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Amen.2630

Amen.2630

Im kind of excited it finally will come: the guesting system WOOOOOO \o/

My thoughts, it would solve the empty map issue, so if you play on a map which is in the furthest corner of the world late at night and you are kitten about the impossibility to make any events, forget about group events … i have to say that was really frustrating. Noone ever does the group events -_-

So now people can meet each other in the highest populated server trough guesting and dont roam around totaly isolated…

we will need more options for www.gw2lfg.com then.. or maybe make a website to meet

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

Hell no.. its going to make it worse. Face it people on low pop servers are more likely to guest themselves onto a higher pop server so they can get more interaction ! ! !
And the server that felt empty… will feel like a ghost town !

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

Hell no.. its going to make it worse. Face it people on low pop servers are more likely to guest themselves onto a higher pop server so they can get more interaction ! ! !
And the server that felt empty… will feel like a ghost town !

What he said

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

And high pop servers will go into overflow 24/7… I have mixed feelings about this.

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

And high pop servers will go into overflow 24/7… I have mixed feelings about this.

Yep, it’s another quick fix idea from Anet that will only make things worse in the long term. Many people on the forums have posted very good suggestions on how to fix the population/cap problems.

Unfortunately, Anet as usual seem to be happy going for the quick and easy option rather than something that will provide a tangible, lasting solution.

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Yep, it’s another quick fix idea from Anet that will only make things worse in the long term. Many people on the forums have posted very good suggestions on how to fix the population/cap problems.

Unfortunately, Anet as usual seem to be happy going for the quick and easy option rather than something that will provide a tangible, lasting solution.

Nah, I don’t agree about that. Guesting was not meant as a fix for low pop servers, it was actually meant to be in the game from the start as a means for friends on different servers to play together. As for “quick and easy” – seeing how long it took them to implement it, I guess it was neither quick nor easy to do.
It’s going to be used by players as a fix for the low pop servers, sure. But that was not the intention of this system.

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

If I remember something about guesting right, in order to Guest on another server, you would have to be mutual friends with someone on that server— as in you and your friend have to be their friends lists. Simply put, you can’t just guest on any random server. If you want to Guest on a high pop server, make friends with people on them.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I’ll most likely use guesting to be able to complete skill challenges that are currently broken on our server

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

If I remember something about guesting right, in order to Guest on another server, you would have to be mutual friends with someone on that server— as in you and your friend have to be their friends lists. Simply put, you can’t just guest on any random server. If you want to Guest on a high pop server, make friends with people on them.

Even if thats the case all itll take is for one person on a high pop server to link his name on the forums for everyone to friend him, and theyll be able to join on that server.

I personally have no feelings about this. Overflow is still the game so its not a huge deal for me providing the sheer amount of new members dont lag the server.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

This is a lasting tangible solution because the players can regulate it without any guidance or interference by the developer. It is a much cleaner solution compared to free transfers or server mergers. This system gives the players the control they need.

Even in 10 years, if the game is still alive, this system will insure that PVE always remains a viable option. Players always find each other when needed. GW2lfg.com proves exactly that.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Guesting system is cool because i can play on a highly populated PvE server and WvWvW with the best GW guilds there are.