Guild Wars 2: Battle of the Thousand Clicks

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

I love me some Guild Wars 2. I love playing Silver Wastes and running the events and enjoying the company of other like minded players.

For the love of Dwayna, can we please get a comprehensive fix to the terrible salvaging systems and the chore it can become to go through your inventory after just a couple of hours of game play ?

This is literally the least intuitive aspect of this game, and it ends up becoming a serious issue int he long run. I am not complaining about getting loot, that’s great, but its soooo tedious.

Please A-net, fill just one 20 slot bag with containers that have full stacks then salvage them all and come tell us the players what you think of doing that is like.

I hate to say this because it will just monetize the game even more, but i swear to Grenth i would pay 4k gems just to get this game’s salvaging more streamlined.

Love this game, i really do… please fix this, pretty please.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

You can obtain specific bags that will fill with equipement of different rarities and have unlimited salvage tools in the gem store.

You can also use the search function in your inventory and search for “masterwork” or fine and it will only show items of that rarity.

Salvaging is not a problem, if your set up for it.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Please A-net, fill just one 20 slot bag with containers that have full stacks then salvage them all and come tell us the players what you think of doing that is like.

20 × 250 bags? That’d take the average player more than a year to acquire. If you’re going to do all that in a single sitting, of course it’s going to be tedious.

SW chest farming will soon be nerfed, which will help alleviate your problem.

Simply use a macro to spam clicks or simply rebind your entire keyboard to mouse clicks and roll your face around. Optionally use the rarity color coding to help automate the salvaging process.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

You can obtain specific bags that will fill with equipement of different rarities and have unlimited salvage tools in the gem store.

You can also use the search function in your inventory and search for “masterwork” or fine and it will only show items of that rarity.

I think his complaint was the sheer amount of clicking required. If so, i concur.

I recently opened 750 champ bags and around 400 bags of gear. That’s a lot of very rapid clicking.

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Simply use a macro to spam clicks .

…. :/

Attachments:

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

SW chest farming will soon be nerfed, which will help alleviate your problem.

No. It won’t be nerfed.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Dradiin.8935

I think his complaint was the sheer amount of clicking required. If so, i concur.

I recently opened 750 champ bags and around 400 bags of gear. That’s a lot of very rapid clicking.

You nailed it, not sure how it could have been worded differently.

Thanks for your reply though.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Not that I don’t agree about mass salvage, sell, use “luck”, buying and more but why do you wait to open your bags? I mean I can understand to wait for a stack of 250 but why wait until you got 750 bags? If you take a break in your farming/grinding or whatever you do and open the bags now and then, it wont be as much rapid clicking.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: symke.3105

symke.3105

I hear you. It really gets annoying.

My guess is that as soon as HOT launches, we will see new and exciting things in cash store. Among them there will be a tool for salvage automation and a tool for build management (build templates and so on).
F2P and recent fail of an event lead me to believe they will try to push for as many cash shop items as they can.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

Not that I don’t agree about mass salvage, sell, use “luck”, buying and more but why do you wait to open your bags? I mean I can understand to wait for a stack of 250 but why wait until you got 750 bags? If you take a break in your farming/grinding or whatever you do and open the bags now and then, it wont be as much rapid clicking.

partly in my case it was just convenience – spend a week collecting, set aside time on the weekend to use em all and sort out profit.
also the thrill factor – from a statistical perspective, more individual chances means a higher collective chance at something significantly valuable – and when that inevitably fails to deliver, i have that many more vials of blood/charged lodestones/named exotics to console me. i think i wound up with 5, one of which was a skin i hadn’t yet unlocked.

Posted by: BaltazarBlake.1983

BaltazarBlake.1983

Guild Wars 2: Battle of the Thousand Clicks . What is this New Content? Because i feel the lack of it ..

Dradiin.8935

When i am running events in SW, i am doing it as part of a huge map wide group, i frown on those who afk on the map because at some point everyone should be contributing to the events.

I tend to sort my bags before the reset happens….. that’s when Tedium comes.

Oh, i don’t get how anyone would disagree with me that this system is TEDIOUS and should be changed in some form. Unless you are a shareholder in Razer (love me naga) or some other mouse peripheral company and want us to replace mice every 6 months ?

(edited by Dradiin.8935)

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

As I have posted in another thread:

1) ‘Open all’ sounds like a reasonable feature but if you apply a little thought you’ll come to the conclusion that it won’t be implemented for the following reason:

All loot bags offer the option of acquiring multiple items in their loot tables – when opening a significant number of bags (say 100) the number of different items being acquired is going to be far in excess of the number of bags opened. Inventory (player bag space) is limited and therefore the extra items acquired (over and above the available space in the players bags) would need to be stored ‘somewhere’ until the player clears their bag space.

Either unlimited storage would be possible as all new items would be placed ‘somewhere’ until the player frees up inventory space and the items are collected or all the additional items would be lost when the player logs off.

How long would it be before the first player opened 250 champ bags only to find that their 80 free inventory spaces quickly filled up and they spot a pre-cursor tumbling down the right of the screen which hasn’t made it into the available space.

Cue frantic clearing of bags before the inevitable disconnect or crash occurs and the additional loot is lost.

If you thought that the reaction to losing a few mordrem blooms because of disconnects during the last event was over the top, when this started happening the QQing on the forums would be Biblical.

Posted by: Blood Mist Mirage.5610

Blood Mist Mirage.5610

Try Mouse Keys.

To enable Mouse Keys simply press Alt+Shift+NumLk at the same time. Once Mouse Keys has been enabled press 5 and + on the keypad to click.

I use this trick for various things from opening sandpiles and champion bags to buying salvage kits and bandit keys from merchants.

I like to believe it has helped me to save some time. I hope this helps you save some time too.

Only nerds read this.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

i doubt anet will take any action since this has been requested for a long time.

i don’t think any of their staff will farm so many bags and click so many times in their playthroughs.

Posted by: Eidolonemesis.5640

Eidolonemesis.5640

1) ‘Open all’ sounds like a reasonable feature but if you apply a little thought you’ll come to the conclusion that it won’t be implemented for the following reason:

All loot bags offer the option of acquiring multiple items in their loot tables – when opening a significant number of bags (say 100) the number of different items being acquired is going to be far in excess of the number of bags opened. Inventory (player bag space) is limited and therefore the extra items acquired (over and above the available space in the players bags) would need to be stored ‘somewhere’ until the player clears their bag space.

Either unlimited storage would be possible as all new items would be placed ‘somewhere’ until the player frees up inventory space and the items are collected or all the additional items would be lost when the player logs off.

How long would it be before the first player opened 250 champ bags only to find that their 80 free inventory spaces quickly filled up and they spot a pre-cursor tumbling down the right of the screen which hasn’t made it into the available space.

Cue frantic clearing of bags before the inevitable disconnect or crash occurs and the additional loot is lost.

If you thought that the reaction to losing a few mordrem blooms because of disconnects during the last event was over the top, when this started happening the QQing on the forums would be Biblical.

As I responded back to you in my post, and I quote, "You are taking the term ‘Use-all’ a bit too literal in idea #1. Let me explain…

If players use the ‘Use-all’ option with an already full inventory, the action of ‘Use-all’ will never go through at all until the player makes more room in their inventory.

Furthermore, when players use the ‘Use-all’ option, it is not necessarily the case that all consumable/bagged items will be used due to lack of inventory space to store all those items, and so in the case of insufficient inventory space, no items will be lost, to which a message will still pop up saying to players that they do not have enough inventory space. Nothing changes like if a player clicks a stack of consumable/bagged items one click at a time to which they are eventually met with the same message regarding insufficient inventory space.

Let me explain this mathematically if the above is not clear:

Say you use the ‘Use-all’ option explained in idea #1, and you have room for all items coming from 150 bags out of 250 bags, yet that 151th bag contained 3 items that could not fit in your inventory because you have only 2 empty inventory spaces left. Guess what? When the game code sees 3 items at once cannot fit into only 2 empty inventory spaces left, the use of that 151th bag will never go through, and as a result, NO excess items will be lost because there would be no excess items left over.

It would have to be coded that way to work." end of quote

i doubt anet will take any action since this has been requested for a long time.

i don’t think any of their staff will farm so many bags and click so many times in their playthroughs.

Just because the developers are not going through (or will not go through) clicking through stacks of certain consumables and bagged items does not mean players are not going through this, and that is what should be addressed.

(edited by Eidolonemesis.5640)

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

salvaging things isn’t much of a problem, really. I have 120 slots in my main’s inventory and, yeah, salvaging can be tiresome, it is leagues better than it used to be (remember when you had to confirm salvage of green rarity?)

the clicking nightmare most definitely comes from all the bags that ALSO contain things to double click on, AND things that require salvaging. Open a box, get another box, etc. Silverwastes and Wintersday events are infamous for this. sometimes, when I am just too frustrated at the clicking I don’t even bother salvaging the green rarity or lower, just feeding it all to the merchant only because it’s fewer clicks overall.

Please give us a right click – salvage all and/or open all option. Please do it right, and let it both play by normal inventory rules and allow us to set a rarity gate. some people may want to auto salvage up to rare, while others only want to auto salvage up to uncommon.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

salvaging things isn’t much of a problem, really. I have 120 slots in my main’s inventory and, yeah, salvaging can be tiresome, it is leagues better than it used to be (remember when you had to confirm salvage of green rarity?)

the clicking nightmare most definitely comes from all the bags that ALSO contain things to double click on, AND things that require salvaging. Open a box, get another box, etc. Silverwastes and Wintersday events are infamous for this. sometimes, when I am just too frustrated at the clicking I don’t even bother salvaging the green rarity or lower, just feeding it all to the merchant only because it’s fewer clicks overall.

Please give us a right click – salvage all and/or open all option. Please do it right, and let it both play by normal inventory rules and allow us to set a rarity gate. some people may want to auto salvage up to rare, while others only want to auto salvage up to uncommon.

Even the cloth? I salvage all cloths since even one silk scrap goes for more than the vendor is willing to pay for the armor. Not to mention I need silk for completing ascended armors.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Aww, I really feel for you. All that treasure is SUCH a burden. Two solutions:

a) do not farm chests in the first place
b) delete those equipment bags after getting the crests and such

I regularly have around 70 free slots in the open world and could have more if I wanted. No, that is not extra bag slots … just regularly cleaning up junk I do not need with me. It allows me to go to several world bosses and open all the loot without worry.

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

I regularly have around 70 free slots in the open world and could have more if I wanted. No, that is not extra bag slots … just regularly cleaning up junk I do not need with me. It allows me to go to several world bosses and open all the loot without worry.

THIS

In RL hoarders also claim they have no space in their house to hoard more things or even in the garden

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

As I responded back to you in my post, and I quote, "You are taking the term ‘Use-all’ a bit too literal in idea #1. Let me explain…

If players use the ‘Use-all’ option with an already full inventory, the action of ‘Use-all’ will never go through at all until the player makes more room in their inventory.

Furthermore, when players use the ‘Use-all’ option, it is not necessarily the case that all consumable/bagged items will be used due to lack of inventory space to store all those items, and so in the case of insufficient inventory space, no items will be lost, to which a message will still pop up saying to players that they do not have enough inventory space. Nothing changes like if a player clicks a stack of consumable/bagged items one click at a time to which they are eventually met with the same message regarding insufficient inventory space.

Say you use the ‘Use-all’ option explained in idea #1, and you have room for all items coming from 150 bags out of 250 bags, yet that 151th bag contained 3 items that could not fit in your inventory because you have only 2 empty inventory spaces left. Guess what? When the game code sees 3 items at once cannot fit into only 2 empty inventory spaces left, the use of that 151th bag will never go through, and as a result, NO excess items will be lost because there would be no excess items left over.

Just because the developers are not going through (or will not go through) clicking through stacks of certain consumables and bagged items does not mean players are not going through this, and that is what should be addressed.

You misunderstand – The idea is a good one and I think the vast majority of players (including myself) would like to see it introduced.

I also understand that that any number of new methods could be introduced to ensure that players inventories are not overloaded and loot is not lost but as it stands at the moment, the mechanics of opening bags works as I have described and a lot of re-coding would need to occur (assuming it is even possible) to achieve the results you desire.

Eidolonemesis.5640

You misunderstand – The idea is a good one and I think the vast majority of players (including myself) would like to see it introduced.

I also understand that that any number of new methods could be introduced to ensure that players inventories are not overloaded and loot is not lost but as it stands at the moment, the mechanics of opening bags works as I have described and a lot of re-coding would need to occur (assuming it is even possible) to achieve the results you desire.

I did not misunderstand a thing. Of course some re-coding would have to be worked out (mathematically as I explained it) to which instead of a ’You are Encumbered!" Window that appears, the red message instead will pop up, saying, “Your inventory is full.” so that the “You are Encumbered” Window does not come up full of hundreds of items.

There is already code in the game that exists to calculate how many empty inventory slots are left, to which if the amount left is 0, a “You are Encumbered” Window appears. Therefore, why can Anet not code the ‘Use-all’ option in such way where if the amount of inventory slots available is less than the amount of items in a single bagged item that a “Your inventory is full” message pops up instead of a “You are Encumbered” Window?

Note: Before using the ‘Use-all’ option, a message will appear saying, “To prevent overflow of items, the “You are Encumbered” Window will not appear in the event of insufficient Inventory space. Are you sure you want to use all at once?”

OR if the “You are Encumbered” Window is to stay, it can be made where not every item in the window is shown, to say that “You are attempting to carry x amount items than will fit in your bags. Clean some space or delete something.” instead of showing every item in the window.

P.S. At the end of the day, Anet is always advertising they are trying to make GW2 stand out among all other MMORPGs, and so to make GW2 really stand out, figuring out how to do away with the clicking issue on certain consumable/bagged items would be a giant leap for the game and it would benefit every player, because far as I have seen, no other MMORPG has really addressed the clicking issue.

Dradiin.8935

As i stated earlier, i just don’t understand why you would attack me for wanting a solution for the abnormal amount of clicking one must do for a couple (as in 2 ) hours of playing (read that, PLAYING not FARMING).

Why would you not enjoy more options when you are clearing out the loot you have accumulated in your adventures ? Makes absolutely no sense that you attack me for this. I am not Farming chests, i am in SW doing EVENTS not following a train.

Menadena.7482

I am on GW2 several hours per night. I think I have managed to fill an inventory twice and I get a lot of drops.

When things slow down (you are not in a battle 100% of the time) look through your loot. Junk gets tossed it its own bag to go to the merchant or the mystic toilet (but might get deleted if I need the space) and I then start opening bags/salvaging. A lot of the items will salvage to the same things, just different tiers: mostly wood, ore, cloth, and leather. Sell it on the TP or just hit the option to deposit everything if you are in a hurry.

As I said, I can do several world bosses in a row and have no problem opening the various chests and such. If your complaint is it takes time just do it as part of your routine when you stop at a merchant to get new stuff. Yes, this works even in the SW as I only open stuff when in the fort.

Dradiin.8935

I am on GW2 several hours per night. I think I have managed to fill an inventory twice and I get a lot of drops.

When things slow down (you are not in a battle 100% of the time) look through your loot. Junk gets tossed it its own bag to go to the merchant or the mystic toilet (but might get deleted if I need the space) and I then start opening bags/salvaging. A lot of the items will salvage to the same things, just different tiers: mostly wood, ore, cloth, and leather. Sell it on the TP or just hit the option to deposit everything if you are in a hurry.

As I said, I can do several world bosses in a row and have no problem opening the various chests and such. If your complaint is it takes time just do it as part of your routine when you stop at a merchant to get new stuff. Yes, this works even in the SW as I only open stuff when in the fort.

You have yet to tell me why it would be a bad thing to have more options. you continue to tell me how you play and how you think i should want to play, but that’s not how i play. Because i think A-net should provide a better experience that would not just benefit me but you and everyone else, you feel the need to tell me how i should play like you do.

Standing around in a fort AFK looking through my bags is not something i approve of and i choose not to do this, there are others trying hard to complete events, and generally the map is full, if i am AFK sorting my bags while the map is full i am taking that map spot to do nothing important.

I do not think anyone else should play the way i do, i do think A-net should provide a better way to sort my bags without the tediousness that we have to endure.

By the way, telling someone who plays GW2 to not loot is patently ridiculous, the game is centered around loot and the chance to get something special from potentially anything you kill.

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Click Bait

Improving the interface to reduce absurd amounts of clicking isn’t rocket science, it’s computer science. Reducing GW2’s RSI impact on players is not outside ArenaNet’s technical capability, it just isn’t a priority.

They do listen to player feedback, but sometimes it can take years for changes to show up in the game, as in the case of the camera improvements, which were long overdue, but awesome once implemented.

I’m confident making stacks of items and materials less arduous to deal with is something ArenaNet can do, and do well, just as they already have with inventory management in general, which is the best of any game I’ve played.

They just need to know it’s important to us, so let’s please be sure to let them know — politely — at every opportunity.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: XPilo.5862

XPilo.5862

I made a similar post a day ago, but about the many clicks you need if you want buy some items or craft materials using the mystic forge. But only got a reply. It appears that for the regular player have to do 4000 clicks to do a simple task like buy or salvage is no a problem.
You can see the post here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Improve-vendor-Mystic-Forge-UI/first#post5512728

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

What bags are these? I have yet to see inventory bags in the gems store, or any bag that will fill with a specific rarity, anywhere in the game. I’d love this.

I think, however, that the OP is referring to the massive amount of clicking one needs to do, just to get through an inventory control session after a round in SW.

I read in SW chat, once, where someone asked what all those people are doing being lazy AFK in Camp. I responded that most of us are probably going through inventory. There is no break between event cycles, so the first 5-10 minutes is full of people standing around camp doing inventory, and listening to others kitten about AFKers ;P

It would be wonderful if we could get a r-click menu over a stack, with an option to “salvage all”, and a menu for sorting individual bags.

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

I made a similar post a day ago, but about the many clicks you need if you want buy some items or craft materials using the mystic forge. But only got a reply. It appears that for the regular player have to do 4000 clicks to do a simple task like buy or salvage is no a problem.
You can see the post here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Improve-vendor-Mystic-Forge-UI/first#post5512728

Like at the crafting vendor, when you want to buy a stack of items, and have to click 25 times to get it It’s just silly, when you could have an option to input the amount you want to purchase.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Simply use a macro to spam clicks .

…. :/

Not much of a risk if you do it right.
The official rule is 1 key for 1 action.
Configure your scroll wheel to right and left click (luckily the R.A.T. comes with 2 scroll wheels). That way, 1 scroll tick = 1 click.

And because you actually have to perform this action yourself (unlike autoclickers) it’s not exploitable afaik. I can’t for example open a 1000 bags and still fight a horde of mobs at the same time.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Posted by: hoshy.6945

hoshy.6945

You are completely off, the OP is not complaining about the amount of loot per se but that the game design does not give players adequate tools to deal with the loot without risking some long-term injury.

RSI and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome are real and GW2 is NOT a hand-friendly game since it requires some ridiculous amounts of clicking by just simply playing the game. Other game developers have solved these issues by giving tools to let players handle repetitive tasks with keyboard but GW2 has none of that and on top of that, GW2 gives players heaps of loots in bags that requires opening with doubleclicks for every single bag which is unnecessary as it can be solved in different ways that haven’t been done.

Menadena.7482

Standing around in a fort AFK looking through my bags is not something i approve of and i choose not to do this, there are others trying hard to complete events, and generally the map is full, if i am AFK sorting my bags while the map is full i am taking that map spot to do nothing important.

So teleport to LA or wherever and do it there. For that matter, just take the gate into Brisban.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

What bags are these? I have yet to see inventory bags in the gems store, or any bag that will fill with a specific rarity, anywhere in the game. I’d love this.

There may be other sources but the one I know of is fractals. You get a similar amount of fractal relics from running fractals as you do dungeon tokens from dungeons. 175 relics gets you a bag that all masterwork items will go into as long as there is room in it, more relics will give you a rare sorter, and even more an exotic one. They are all 20 slot bags.

I prefer all my new stuff going in my top bag but I occasionally get a greens bag just for a free 20 slot bag, then try to make sure it’s full of things so it won’t attract fresh loot.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

So teleport to LA or wherever and do it there. For that matter, just take the gate into Brisban.

That’s what I do. I generally save everything up throughout the week, and then on Sunday evening I travel to Lion’s Arch and sort though everything.

Also, I programmed a key specifically to act as a double-mouse click for sorting though inventory. I just tap that key and my sorting is done much quicker, with less key strokes. I haven’t given the mouse scroll wheel a try yet.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Allvaldr.3425

Allvaldr.3425

Fractal relics.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/BUY-4373#vendor5

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

And then you lose the buff, so you have to start all over again when you re enter the map. What is your damage against people wanting improvements to inventory features? If you don’t want to use it, don’t. Getting a feature doesn’t mean you have to use it. This is like us asking the landlord if we could please have a dishwasher installed, and the nosy neighbor poking their head out the door, and saying, “well you can just wash then by hand, you don’t NEED a dishwasher”

No kitten. We know there are work-arounds, but wouldn’t it be an improvement on the current system?

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Fractal relics.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/BUY-4373#vendor5

I’ve yet to do Fractals. Do you need a lot of runs to get stuff like that?

Dradiin.8935

And then you lose the buff, so you have to start all over again when you re enter the map. What is your damage against people wanting improvements to inventory features? If you don’t want to use it, don’t. Getting a feature doesn’t mean you have to use it. This is like us asking the landlord if we could please have a dishwasher installed, and the nosy neighbor poking their head out the door, and saying, “well you can just wash then by hand, you don’t NEED a dishwasher”

No kitten. We know there are work-arounds, but wouldn’t it be an improvement on the current system?

Thank you Kitty,
I have asked Menadena several times why he cannot explain why my idea to have A-net provide a better QOL for item sorting is a bad thing. All he replies with are ways that he likes to play and expects me and others to just conform.

At this point i am just going to ignore his trollish ways and move on, the game needs improvements for bag sorting, and for other types of inventory management, A-net needs to look into this and “Fix” it.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Just started using gaming mouse number 5 w/ Guild Wars due to the left mouse button wearing out so hear you, and that’s with setting up a keybind too.

For salvaging, would love to see a UI that allows you to put in place what is doing the salvaging (ie Salvaging Kit, Black Lion Salvage kit, Copper-Fed-O-Matic etc..) and then all the items that will be salvaged with that device.

Items would be added to the “Salvage Box” by a single click in the inventory viewer and items would continue to be added until the user hit a “Start Salvage Button” or a cancel button. Single clicking in the Salvage box would remove the item from the selected items in case something was added accidentally. After hitting “Start Salvage” UI would do one check if anything was rare or greater to give the “Are You Sure” breakdown warning for all the items and then proceed to apply the salvaging one item at time to ensure you have bag space for the salvaged materials and then stops if: you run of space, run out of charges on the kit, out of coin or it else it finishes the last item. This would save 1 click per item, 1 click per dialog box when doing rares and above and 2 clicks when selecting what kit to use to breakdown which in the case of rares and above is each time. In the case of a full rare group breakdown that’s a lot of clicks saved.

Similar concept might be applied to open these containers interface but was focusing on the OP’s salvaging point. Open all could be the same where it expands a bag and each inner bag one at a time until all items are opened else max space is reached at which point it stops.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

TheGrimm.5624

This used to be my counter-thought to open all as well, until I hit the bag is full dialog. Haven’t seen it break. So if the open all applies a single open each time it repeats it would be fine since it would terminate the open all procedure as soon as the single bag that triggered the out of space event happened and force the player to deal with the space then and there. So when people are saying open all, its more a open each one in a sequence really fast versus wearing out our fingers and mouse buttons.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

it already is coded another way when you open the bags manualy so then the nr 151 bag will go through and 1 item will land in the pop up screen like usual but then nr 152 wont go through and that would be that.

TheGrimm.5624

it already is coded another way when you open the bags manualy so then the nr 151 bag will go through and 1 item will land in the pop up screen like usual but then nr 152 wont go through and that would be that.

Concur, their logic already handles the overflow issue and you can easily test it with the scroll wheel/keybind and a large stack of any type of containers. After you hit that out of space one you will get the window and a game message indicating that the function failed something like can not open such and such. So…we just need the next step and have it recursively go through the bags within bags bit.

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

Im beginning to think that luck is being used as a carrot for the gem shop and a currency sink, but regardless, you sir, are 100% right, it is the most moronic system I’ve banged my head against in GW2 yet.

simple fix: all resulting luck is immediately applied to account on salvage instead of converting to various luck denominations. It already produces an icon and you can check the progress under achievements.

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

Click spamming in this game is a way over the top, you click more in this game than you do in grand strategy games like Europa Universalis which can be played entirely by clicking.

Other than commonly requested solutions such as right click open all and insert number amount to buy from merchants like Miyani it would be nice to have reward chest contents like the ones in PvP, WvW, and Silverwastes ect. go directly into your inventory just for a bit of QoL.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Amen to that, Kitty. I see this attitude all the time and it boggles me too. Well said.

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

Any feature they can add to alleviate clicking is +1 in my book.

I really wish someone at Anet would invest some serious thought and effort into relieving us of some of the clicking.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Check out the bags from fractal vendor.

Also, Wanze, you seem to have completely missed a point.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Agreed – I’d like to see some UI enhancements to help reduce a lot of the excess clicking.

Eidolonemesis.5640

Just started using gaming mouse number 5 w/ Guild Wars due to the left mouse button wearing out so hear you, and that’s with setting up a keybind too.

For salvaging, would love to see a UI that allows you to put in place what is doing the salvaging (ie Salvaging Kit, Black Lion Salvage kit, Copper-Fed-O-Matic etc..) and then all the items that will be salvaged with that device.

Items would be added to the “Salvage Box” by a single click in the inventory viewer and items would continue to be added until the user hit a “Start Salvage Button” or a cancel button. Single clicking in the Salvage box would remove the item from the selected items in case something was added accidentally. After hitting “Start Salvage” UI would do one check if anything was rare or greater to give the “Are You Sure” breakdown warning for all the items and then proceed to apply the salvaging one item at time to ensure you have bag space for the salvaged materials and then stops if: you run of space, run out of charges on the kit, out of coin or it else it finishes the last item. This would save 1 click per item, 1 click per dialog box when doing rares and above and 2 clicks when selecting what kit to use to breakdown which in the case of rares and above is each time. In the case of a full rare group breakdown that’s a lot of clicks saved.

Similar concept might be applied to open these containers interface but was focusing on the OP’s salvaging point. Open all could be the same where it expands a bag and each inner bag one at a time until all items are opened else max space is reached at which point it stops.

Coming back hours later to read the comments here, you sir (or ma’am) hit the nail on the head. The ‘Use-all’ option would be the equivalent of what happens when you refine luck into higher tiers of luck from an Artificer, except it would be faster, all at once. That is what best describes ‘Use-all’.

Im beginning to think that luck is being used as a carrot for the gem shop and a currency sink, but regardless, you sir, are 100% right, it is the most moronic system I’ve banged my head against in GW2 yet.

simple fix: all resulting luck is immediately applied to account on salvage instead of converting to various luck denominations. It already produces an icon and you can check the progress under achievements.

Specifically regarding Luck, that actually sounds like a better idea, that any Luck that is salvaged from drops automatically gets applied to a player’s account. However, then you will get those theorist players who will/may argue that certain Magic Find percentages grant better ‘sweet spots’ than other Magic Find percentages, and so these kind of players will still want to be able to click on Luck individually to get their Magic Find where they want it. That may sound absolutely silly to many, but I have encountered such players who have theorized/argued such.

That is why I think at the end of the day a ‘Use-all’ option that functions correctly (given the right warning message before using it) is the better option to counteract all other arguments for reason being the regular ‘Use’ option would still be available to players.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Specifically regarding Luck, that actually sounds like a better idea, that any Luck that is salvaged from drops automatically gets applied to a player’s account.

Yes, I would definitely enable that if it were an option. The purists can leave it off if they want.