Guild Wars 2: Battle of the Thousand Clicks

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eidolonemesis.5640

Eidolonemesis.5640

Specifically regarding Luck, that actually sounds like a better idea, that any Luck that is salvaged from drops automatically gets applied to a player’s account.

Yes, I would definitely enable that if it were an option. The purists can leave it off if they want.

Great idea. Let ‘Allow salvaged Luck to apply automatically to your account’ be an option.

Optional, optional, optional, that which satisfies almost all worlds when
it comes to game mechanics for those who agree or disagree with them.

(edited by Eidolonemesis.5640)

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

The whole right click → open all or use all is a QoL upgrade that benefits everyone. Particularly mice. Games have had these features for years before GW2 was even released, and I can’t find a good excuse to keep it out of the game.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Eidolonemesis.5640

The whole right click -> open all or use all is a QoL upgrade that benefits everyone. Particularly mice. Games have had these features for years before GW2 was even released, and I can’t find a good excuse to keep it out of the game.

If you don’t mind me asking… Can you cite a source of game that specifically has something equivalent to a ‘Use-all’ option, preferably a video if one does exist?

Thank you. I have never seen a ‘Use-all’ option in the ways I have described it.

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

I agree with adding a “salvage all” function. While they’re at it I hope they can add a “sort” feature to this game. Even if it doesn’t sort by rarity at least let it sort by item type!

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

The whole right click -> open all or use all is a QoL upgrade that benefits everyone. Particularly mice. Games have had these features for years before GW2 was even released, and I can’t find a good excuse to keep it out of the game.

If you don’t mind me asking… Can you cite a source of game that specifically has something equivalent to a ‘Use-all’ option, preferably a video if one does exist?

Thank you. I have never seen it in the ways I have described it.

Runescape. As time has gone it, it added a lot of options to the game. For example, if you go to combine potion ingredients, you get the following on right-click:

Make 1
Make 5
Make X
Make all

Similar QoL features for most production skills in the game. Fletching, Crafting, and Smithing have similar options.

Eidolonemesis.5640

Runescape. As time has gone it, it added a lot of options to the game. For example, if you go to combine potion ingredients, you get the following on right-click:

Make 1
Make 5
Make X
Make all

Similar QoL features for most production skills in the game. Fletching, Crafting, and Smithing have similar options.

I was never really crazy over RuneScape, so that would explain why I have not seen the option particularly in that game or some other online game I have never played before.

Thank you for the reference.

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

Make 1
Make 5
Make X
Make all

Simple additions like this would improve the game by leaps and bounds.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

What I don’t get is how there’s still no change to this 3 years in.

Yes, this has only gotten this bad as of the Magic Find changes (as now everything has to be in bags inside bags put inside other bags, plus the MF items to click through), but it has always been an issue. Just less so.

Considering how this can actually prevent people with wrist/hand issues from playing the game (RSI is a serious enough problem without trying to get through GW2, a game easily causing 15x as many clicks as WoW – rough comparison, based on some running around questing and raiding), this should have been fixed long ago, as a high-priority issue to the UI/UX team.

Things to change:

• Either a) auto-open bags or offer an option for it or b) just remove the bag-spam altogether and find another solution for MF. Remove it, would make a lot of things much easier.
  • Offer a “use all” or “open all” on any double-clickable item. It will create a bar which fills up, using ~4 items a second, auto-stopping if I run out of inventory, otherwise I can readily abort it.
  • Salvage should (in addition to being able to double-click the tools!) have a small window reachable from the inventory. Or even only at special salvage vendors. I can checkbox-select which items to salvage, then select which tool to use (need enough charges). Or I can salvage-all-greens, etc, or filter by name or type.
  • More chat commands. I think at least /afk, /invite, /invisible and /join are in order. These prevent needless clicks through menus for something much quicker done from the chat box.

But really, the biggest one is the endless flood of bags coupled with the lack of some sort of “use all”.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Maybe ANet has stock in Tylenol.

I know I’ve had to take some after a holiday click festival, for hand pain.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Partly this has been a culminating issue. Originally, the game wasn’t as loaded with bags as it is now.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’d be glad with just auto-applying luck from salvage. That alone would be a massive improvement.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

Welcome to Inventory Wars 2.

It does turn me off though and is one of, if not my biggest, complaint in this game. Sometimes I’ll log in for a quick play, remember I need to spend at least 30 minutes sorting out all the crap I have on every toon as they are all full to the brim with crap that needs to be clicked, salvaged or organised before I can even start having fun, only to just log off and avoid the mundane forklift driving simulator.

At times I’ll just destroy items, use up boosters, consumables, etc I know I could put to better use purely to avoid the hassle and make what precious space I can to only have it filled with more crap mere moments later. My alts have transitioned from characters I wanted to play when bored with my mains to now becoming over-burdened mules that have done nothing but stand beside the LA bank for the last two years taking on the garbage my mains collect at a rate that defies logic.

This issue needs addressing as it’s totally out of hand with the amount of never-ending crap the game throws at you and endless inventory management is certainly not my idea of fun.It’s just so far off-kilter compared to any other MMO I’ve played.

Is “right click/use all/salvage all” or bigger stacks on low-end items/mats to much to ask for?You mouse hating sadists Anet.

Oh…I forgot….you sell inventory space. Nevermind.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Not sure if it was mentioned, but you could always turn on the feature in windows that turns your keyboards number pad into a mouse input. This will make your “+” key on your keypad act as a doubleclick so it will preserve your mouse. The feature is called MouseKeys.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Not sure if it was mentioned, but you could always turn on the feature in windows that turns your keyboards number pad into a mouse input. This will make your “+” key on your keypad act as a doubleclick so it will preserve your mouse. The feature is called MouseKeys.

yes was mentioned but here again it helps a lot

Try Mouse Keys.

To enable Mouse Keys simply press Alt+Shift+NumLk at the same time. Once Mouse Keys has been enabled press 5 and + on the keypad to click.

I use this trick for various things from opening sandpiles and champion bags to buying salvage kits and bandit keys from merchants.

I like to believe it has helped me to save some time. I hope this helps you save some time too.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Guild Wars 2: Battle of the Thousand Clicks . What is this New Content? Because i feel the lack of it ..

Go open all the bags you loot. Go buy stuff in bulks from vendors. Go use mystic toilet.

Just to name a few things that would be a battle of thousand clicks.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Lampshade.7569

Lampshade.7569

You have placed too many sell orders too quickly. Please wait a few minutes before attempting to sell again.

Posted by: nopoet.2960

nopoet.2960

Few ideas:
1. Get rid of the sell junk button at merchants. Junk should be automatically sold when you click on them. What else are you going to do with junk? (related but not an inventory management issue: Walk up to anvil press F repairs armor. no dialog needed)

2. If we can’t get luck auto consumed as suggested above. Maybe it can automatically combine to form the rarer luck essences. I’d rather click one legendary essence than 50 fine ones.

3. Auto deposit crafting materials. That way if it sitting in my bag I know that I already have 250 banked and can sell without thinking about it.

4. Make minor runes consumable by level 80s for temporary stat buffs.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Banners. We go to world boss events, someone kindly drops a banner or four. We go from one to the next, and clicking F on each one pops up a dialog which then has to be clicked to close. Why can’t this just display as the same kind of message you get when your gathering tool runs out? I.e. the text just displays on-screen (without a dialog window) and fades out after a while. Same with anvil. Pop up a quick message and fade it out.