Guild Wars 2 Population

Guild Wars 2 Population

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Space Odin.2605

Space Odin.2605

Recently Anet stated that: “Six months ago to now, it’s a very steady, very very healthy population,”

What’s keeping them from officially releasing the numbers? Why can’t the actual server population be shown in the server selection menu instead of just how many accounts are linked to that shard? Talk is cheap I want to see the proof.

Guild Wars 2 Population

Posted by: Mackdose.6504

Mackdose.6504

Recently Anet stated that: “Six months ago to now, it’s a very steady, very very healthy population,”

What’s keeping them from officially releasing the numbers? Why can’t the actual server population be shown in the server selection menu instead of just how many accounts are linked to that shard? Talk is cheap I want to see the proof.

You could play the game to see proof.

Less flippant:

Unless you can say “our numbers are higher than WoW’s” there’s literally no point in releasing numbers.

“I didn’t buy into GW2 being the second coming of christ.
I just wanted a AAA MMO with no sub made by ArenaNet. And it’s awesome.”

Guild Wars 2 Population

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

yeah the only mmo i remeber releasing numbers is WOW and that because they wanted to show off their record amount of players they had playing wow

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Guild Wars 2 Population

Space Odin.2605

I had to delete all my characters and move to a tier 1 wvw server to actually see a couple of other players every few hours

Guild Wars 2 Population

Posted by: Toroxus.9256

Toroxus.9256

yeah the only mmo i remeber releasing numbers is WOW and that because they wanted to show off their record amount of players they had playing wow

That’s because the only reason people play WoW is numbers.

Guild Wars 2 Population

Posted by: Mackdose.6504

Mackdose.6504

This is true on so many levels.

“I didn’t buy into GW2 being the second coming of christ.
I just wanted a AAA MMO with no sub made by ArenaNet. And it’s awesome.”

Guild Wars 2 Population

Space Odin.2605

This is true on so many levels.

regardless whether it’s wow or not it’s a very good reason, no one wants to play a barren unpopulated game, it feels so lonely.

Guild Wars 2 Population

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Mmos tend to talk about population when its at a good number.
We knows sales have gone down every single quarter since release and there isn’t any popularity when it comes to twitch or xfire. There are currently 125 viewers on twitch watching gw2 right now. Eve has 250, Ps2 has 700, Wot has 1200, wow has 7000 and headstone has 15000. Gw2 only averages 200-400 overall.
Take what you will from that, but it doesn’t look good.

Guild Wars 2 Population

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

lol Yes, I’m sure enjoyment or camaraderie play no part.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Guild Wars 2 Population

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I always see players on Tarnished Coast. No idea what server you’re on. And that’s at all hours (since I’m in Australia).

Every game, even WoW has some dead servers, particularly in middle zones. That’s because everyone tends to be in end game zones.

It’s a bit different in this game, but like all MMOs, there are natural gathering points.

Guild Wars 2 Population

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I always see players on Tarnished Coast. No idea what server you’re on. And that’s at all hours (since I’m in Australia).

Tarnished Coast is the official PvE server, so I hear. Not really remarkable that you have a lot of people there. Compared to other servers… the only players I ever see in PvE are standing at waypoints going for dungeons or new players in zones 1-15 and 15-25/30.
WvW in Vabbi is active mostly at prime time and reset. SPvP is empty, but since it’s cross-server it’s still possible to get a match every now and then.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Guild Wars 2 Population

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

“I always see players on TC or BG you should guest” etc.

Why doesn’t the game tell this to new players when they install? That their gaming experience in GW2 will be a lonely one unless they pick from only 2 of the many supposed high population servers?

Guild Wars 2 Population

Space Odin.2605

Why doesn’t the game tell this to new players when they install? That their gaming experience in GW2 will be a lonely one unless they pick from only 2 of the many supposed high population servers?

Better yet why don’t they just show the actual population of the server instead of how many accounts are linked to it

Guild Wars 2 Population

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

They should delete servers and have district system from gw1. Each person represents a realm for wvw.

Guild Wars 2 Population

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Because they want you to spend extra 20$ for a transfer.