Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aarean.5398

Aarean.5398

Im bored at work and its been awhile since i have seen this topic discussed, figured some people could give their 2 cents. I have a friend who hates gw2 so much and thinks wow is infinitely better. It would appear gw is still growing past 3 mil and wow is starting the drop under 10 mil and was just wondering what people thought regarding april fools. I think gw owned every mmo out there and wow took a big hit this year for april fools. Sab has got to be the most creative thing ive seen introduced into an mmo and i finally respect a dev of an mmo.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Honestly, I don’t think one game is better than the other. Only better FOR ME.

They appeal to a different type of player. I couldn’t play WoW, even though I tried. I can understand what people like about it, without liking it myself.

Why does one have to be “better”?

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I haven’t logged into wow for months, so I can’t commentate on what they did for April fools.
To give my two cents on both games the reason why I quit wow and went GW2 is because:
1. A new more active combat system that I love
2. No gear grind
3. All content is optional (I can do dungeons, but I’m not forced to do dungeons because I can just buy exotics off the trade post and not be below other people at WvW)
4. Better drop rates
5. Living events. I remember the world changing at cataclysm in Warcraft. It changed and then it stopped. GW2 seems much more alive when events can just spawn on you in PVE
6. This will sound silly, but map bosses are bigger in size than anything warcraft had. I know that size shouldn’t be a judge factor, but seeing those dragons just feels so epic.
7. No subscription fee.
If WoW went off the subscription fee maybe I would play it again. WoW has nice humor (like GW2), the quiesting system is friendly for friends (objectives are shared), the world looks nice (like in GW2), but that’s about it. I know that I will never be on par with people running the newest raid, so why should I pay monthly to attempt to catch up to the impossible so I could PvP on equal grounds?

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Aarean.5398

As someone who has played both games in depth i can say the only thing that would make someone say they enjoy wow more is them staying in their comfort zone. Or someone who enjoys the more stat based system of wow for healing and tanking and dps calculating.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I just wish the dragons would turn and wipe out all the people standing to its side attacking it. I don’t mind static bosses but at least let them turn :p

Wow is nice if you like the trinity I suppose, but when Wildstar comes out.. I can’t see any reason to play WoW anymore. It seems Wildstar has combat as cool as gw2 but with a trinity and comedy too. I guess everything is coming up NCsoft :p

I think I’ll likely move from TSW to WS for my trinity mmo, and GW2 for non trinity fun

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

(edited by emikochan.8504)

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Aarean.5398

I just thought of that yesterday. I fought 2 dragons yesterday and both times i found myself afking to its right arm lol. They need a swipe to make it more intuitive.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

And this is why the MMO genre is lost.

Why can’t you both be right? WoW has better dungeons and has raids.
GW2 was evolutionary for the genre and made questing more exciting.

Both successful MMO’s and they should be praised for being so.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Which is better, apples or ham?

You can like both. Or neither.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Aarean.5398

The animosity comes more strongly from the wow community saying they play the best game of all time and it will always be gold. I just wanted some clear heads on the subject. My friend not being one of them lol. Wows dungeons are more boring and afk in my opinion. They didnt create paths and each dungeon got boring after 3 runs. Gw offers alot more replayability. And they hold difficulty. I tanked all wow dungeons half asleep.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Cloud.7613

The animosity comes more strongly from the wow community saying they play the best game of all time and it will always be gold. I just wanted some clear heads on the subject. My friend not being one of them lol. Wows dungeons are more boring and afk in my opinion. They didnt create paths and each dungeon got boring after 3 runs. Gw offers alot more replayability. And they hold difficulty. I tanked all wow dungeons half asleep.

GW2 had the first dungeon that actually has a boss you can afk during the entire encounter, doesn’t get much more boring then that. It’s a matter of opinion.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Vayne.8563

My issue with WoW has very little to do with WoW itself.

It has to do with WoW’s staggering success, which everyone went out and copied. For a long time, no matter what game you were playing, it was a variation on WoW…and I didn’t enjoy WoW.

So MMO after MMO was a disaster, not because of WoW, but because everyone copied it to get a piece of the pie. That’s probably why I like Guild Wars 2 so much. It’s the first MMO I’ve played that doesn’t feel like WoW.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Vayne.8563

GW2 had the first dungeon that actually has a boss you can afk during the entire encounter, doesn’t get much more boring then that. It’s a matter of opinion.

Try it with some of the other bosses though. We’re not comparing boss to boss, we’re comparing the whole feel of the dungeons.

I’m not a fan of the trinity system and never have been. It’s one of the things in the past that has prevented me from enjoying MMOs. It’s always felt too contrived.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Aarean.5398

Im not blind and dont think gw is the god of all games. But i deff think its a step up the food chain. Not all bosses are perfect in any game. I think generally beyond anyones opinion gw is deff proving itself a more creative involved game so far. We got alot of content ahead of us after year one

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Cloud.7613

Try it with some of the other bosses though. We’re not comparing boss to boss, we’re comparing the whole feel of the dungeons.

I’m not a fan of the trinity system and never have been. It’s one of the things in the past that has prevented me from enjoying MMOs. It’s always felt too contrived.

And I feel trinity is needed, but it’s just opinion and that is what I’ve said. All this will do will cause hate on WoW.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Aarean.5398

One big thing that sparked me to start this post other than my friend was a post on wow forums where someone was talking about how fun sab was and a wow fanboy came in and said something derogatory and that happens every single time a post comes forward regarding other games

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Mirta.5029

which one? I’m just curious.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Cloud.7613

Twilight Arbor – Nightmare tree. He only attacked melee and there where no spiders, so people just power rushed it and took breaks auto attacking the boss. It was fixed eventually, but it stayed bugged for far to long.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

It has to do with WoW’s staggering success, which everyone went out and copied. For a long time, no matter what game you were playing, it was a variation on WoW…and I didn’t enjoy WoW.

So MMO after MMO was a disaster, not because of WoW, but because everyone copied it to get a piece of the pie. That’s probably why I like Guild Wars 2 so much. It’s the first MMO I’ve played that doesn’t feel like WoW.

Well said and I agree completely. At this point there are two different types of mmorpgs; GW2 and WoW clones.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

emikochan.8504

I came to mmos from pnp rpgs and rts (warcraft) – no trinity, the trinity was very jarring. And not being able to play with your friends just because they didn’t choose the right class. so annoying. I’ve heard rumours of a 4th spec being added to all wow classes like the druid has, heh.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Aarean.5398

In regards to twilight tree. Sure theres the easy version. Then you fight the hard version that shoots bombs at you and if you dont watch motioned queues you get downed.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Mirta.5029

Twilight Arbor – Nightmare tree. He only attacked melee and there where no spiders, so people just power rushed it and took breaks auto attacking the boss. It was fixed eventually, but it stayed bugged for far to long.

thought so. I think that you can still do it if you stand on a branch in the right place.
Though WoW did it too. Onyxia – if you backed her up into a wall she wouldn’t attack. And Murmur at one point had a range bug so you could just stand far away and shoot him to death.

(edited by Mirta.5029)

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Aarean.5398

I dont know if anyone else cares about this but a big relief i had was being able to use the weapon i wanted and not getting forced into a role like in wow. Love dps with sword and shield

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

emikochan.8504

The branch bug was fixed right?

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I never played WOW, but I have a couple friends of mine who were telling me how WOW used to be packed, especially in some cities that they said were far more crowded than Lion’s Arch, now feel empty by that same comparison.

They feel that WOW is getting desperate to get subscribers back, emailing out free x day offers and such. I don’t know, never been there, so I can’t say for myself, just found it interesting.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Vayne.8563

I never played WOW, but I have a couple friends of mine who were telling me how WOW used to be packed, especially in some cities that they said were far more crowded than Lion’s Arch, now feel empty by that same comparison.

They feel that WOW is getting desperate to get subscribers back, emailing out free x day offers and such. I don’t know, never been there, so I can’t say for myself, just found it interesting.

Don’t kid yourself. WoW is still the king of the hill and will be for some time to come. I don’t think it’s a great game for my play style..but that doesn’t mean it’s a bad game. On the other hand, I do think that being on top for a long time tends to make you complacent.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Morfedel.4165

Actually, to add on to my previous post, these same friends told me about how they had to continue to run the gear treadmill, and that guilds would have mods that they would run to monitor what your dps was for instance, or even how well the healers were healing, and if you were under or OVER healing, you were kicked from the guild.

Lord, that sounds like hell to me. I cannot fathom participating in that level of elitism; if that’s what WOW is like, why in the name of god would anyone find pleasure in playing it (other than similar elitists of course).

That’s what I love about GW2 so much; the gear treadmill is pretty flat; the addition of Ascended gear was a bit of a mistake, but they have mitigated it with the ability to purchase these items now with things like laurels and guild commendations.

And although a small amount of elitism has crept into the corners – I’m hearing stories now of speed COF runs requiring people to bring specific classes and to link their gear, and if they dont match the ideal stats getting kicked – it appears to be mostly on the sidelines, and therefore not effecting the average player.

Now, I AM a bit bored with the end game content… meaning that there isn’t much per se. They need to improve that.

However, overall, I’m quite pleased with the game, and find it the best MMO design thus far.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Morfedel.4165

Replace WOW with Everquest, and it’s felt the same for me for over 13 years now

GW2 is the first game for me that really felt different from EQ and every single game that followed; with the possible exception of the three superhero games, but really, those were just different skins, same playstyle.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Morfedel.4165

Not just contrived; if you were missing a component leg of that tripod, you had to wait until one appeared. Even GW1 had that problem, watching groups shoutiong out LF monk/ritualist to go! forever…

GW2 doesnt require that, and it’s a genuine pleasure not to have to wait for that one specific class/role before diving in.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Cloud.7613

Actually, to add on to my previous post, these same friends told me about how they had to continue to run the gear treadmill, and that guilds would have mods that they would run to monitor what your dps was for instance, or even how well the healers were healing, and if you were under or OVER healing, you were kicked from the guild.

Lord, that sounds like hell to me. I cannot fathom participating in that level of elitism; if that’s what WOW is like, why in the name of god would anyone find pleasure in playing it (other than similar elitists of course).

That’s what I love about GW2 so much; the gear treadmill is pretty flat; the addition of Ascended gear was a bit of a mistake, but they have mitigated it with the ability to purchase these items now with things like laurels and guild commendations.

And although a small amount of elitism has crept into the corners – I’m hearing stories now of speed COF runs requiring people to bring specific classes and to link their gear, and if they dont match the ideal stats getting kicked – it appears to be mostly on the sidelines, and therefore not effecting the average player.

Now, I AM a bit bored with the end game content… meaning that there isn’t much per se. They need to improve that.

However, overall, I’m quite pleased with the game, and find it the best MMO design thus far.

You shouldn’t believe everything you hear, if you join an elitist guild, you agree to the terms, full stop.
In WoW I was never kicked from a group due to lack of gear or because I was a certain class, in GW2 I have.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Morfedel.4165

Don’t kid yourself. WoW is still the king of the hill and will be for some time to come. I don’t think it’s a great game for my play style..but that doesn’t mean it’s a bad game. On the other hand, I do think that being on top for a long time tends to make you complacent.

That doesn’t mean its population hasn’t dropped significantly. I’m not saying it has, or hasn’t for that matter, just repeating what some friends told me.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Mirta.5029

You shouldn’t believe everything you hear, if you join an elitist guild, you agree to the terms, full stop.
In WoW I was never kicked from a group due to lack of gear or because I was a certain class, in GW2 I have.

you never attempted a high level raid then.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Cloud.7613

No, sorry, I have.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

Guild Wars 2 has a better and nicer community and is like a living painting.

Wow has:
1. Better combat system and classes that can be something besides dps.
2. Doesn’t have patches that continue to buff the strongest classes while nerfing the weakest so the devs can think they have pvp balanced.
3. Better loot and I’ve never killed 6 things in a row in Wow with no drop like has happened to me playing GW2.
4. The game is focused on being fun and not focused on the economy and gem store.
5. Blizzard actually tests things yes it’s shocking.
6. Dungeons are a lot more fun in wow and you actually get decent rewards for doing them.
7. Wow can be played the way you want and you don’t have to feel paranoid about hitting DR when you farm mats to craft.
8. Small and large guilds are both able to do ALL of the game content and small guilds aren’t punished for being small.
9. Mounts.
10. All my friends quit playing GW2 but my friends that played WOW are still playing it.

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Mirta.5029

No, sorry, I have.

then you were required to at least have tier 5 before joining a tier 6 raid. Also you were required to be a certain type of a class. For example DPS druids had problems getting groups because they wanted tanks with stamina and not agility even. It’s people that do it. And all MMOs had elitist groups. WoW is no exception. Neither is GW2.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Aarean.5398

Wow has:
2. Doesn’t have patches that continue to buff the strongest classes while nerfing the weakest so the devs can think they have pvp balanced.
3. Better loot and I’ve never killed 6 things in a row in Wow with no drop like has happened to me playing GW2.
4. The game is focused on being fun and not focused on the economy and gem store.
6. Dungeons are a lot more fun in wow and you actually get decent rewards for doing them.
7. Wow can be played the way you want and you don’t have to feel paranoid about hitting DR when you farm mats to craft.
8. Small and large guilds are both able to do ALL of the game content and small guilds aren’t punished for being small.
9. Mounts.
10. All my friends quit playing GW2 but my friends that played WOW are still playing it.

Very good pro wow statement which i disagree with over half those statements lol

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

This behavior is basic to the entertainment industry in general. Publishing, music, movies, video games… if something is popular then others will try to grab some of that by producing knockoffs as fast as possible.

Harry Potter books become popular, followed by a wave of similar books, when the movies are a hit then comes Narnia, Golden Compass, Sorcerer’s Apprentice, etc. There are countless examples of this happening through history, and it’s not going to stop any time soon.

Imitating a known success is much less risky than putting something new out there without knowing if you can sell it. WoW-clone #53 might be cheap, hastily produced crap, but it has a better chance of making money than the original Guild Wars did.

Also, remember: WoW copied Everquest which copied Ultima Online which copied MUDs which copied D&D which copied Tolkein’s stories which copied mythology.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Cloud.7613

No, sorry, I have.

then you were required to at least have tier 5 before joining. Also you were required to be a certain type of a class. For example DPS druids had problems getting groups because they wanted tanks with stamina and not agility even. It’s people that do it. And all MMOs had elitist groups. WoW is no exception. Neither is GW2.

Sorry, that is an elitist guild. I never said there weren’t any, only that what he said wasn’t exactly true. I’ve even been in guilds that offered to carry me through raids to get gear on another character so I can raid on that.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Mirta.5029

No, sorry, I have.

then you were required to at least have tier 5 before joining. Also you were required to be a certain type of a class. For example DPS druids had problems getting groups because they wanted tanks with stamina and not agility even. It’s people that do it. And all MMOs had elitist groups. WoW is no exception. Neither is GW2.

Sorry, that is an elitist guild. I never said there weren’t any, only that what he said wasn’t exactly true. I’ve even been in guilds that offered to carry me through raids to get gear on another character so I can raid on that.

you mean trough lower level raids? That’s what most guilds in WoW do not just elitist ones.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Vayne.8563

Wow has:
9. Mounts.

1. Wow’s combat system isn’t better. It’s got a lot more skills of which you use less of. Most of the time you have to stand still while casting. Dodge is a percentage, not something you do actively. You may personally like it better, I found it dull as dishwater.

2. WoW always has people complaining about balance. Maybe you should visit their forums. In fact, in the early days, there were so many people that left Wow for balance issues it wasn’t funny.

3. WoW lets everyone get lots of money fast. It also has lots of inflation which means everything costs a ton too. New players are often hopelessly left behind.

4. WoW is focused on slowing down gameplay so you can pay another $15 for another month. In addition to a monthly fee, WoW also has a cash shop. It does quite well I understand. Slowing things down is built into everything in WoW, because the company is essentially a greed machine. They don’t NEED to charge a monthly fee. They do it to make money. Pretty much what all companies try to do.

5. Blizzard’s launch and WoW at six months was terribly bug ridden. You might not have been born yet, but I assure you, early WoW was a major bug fest.

6. Dungeons in WoW depends on whether or not you like the trinity and whether or not you find waiting for a healer and a tank fun. I don’t. I don’t like the trinity system at all. Another “fact” that is just your opinion.

7. WoW can be played any way you want, as long as you don’t mind boring quests and the quest hub system, walls of text no one reads, and grinding out gear to play content because most of it is gear gated.

8. Yep, small and large guilds can do all the content…asssuming they want to grind dungeons over and over to get the gear to do the next dungeon. The very worst thing about WOW is the constant need to update your gear to do more content.

9. I agree with this. WoW does in fact have mounts.

10. You should definitely go join your friends. We’ll all miss you.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I find it funny – It’s easier to compare GW2 and WoW than GW1 and GW2.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Aarean.5398

To the above numbers its simple
1. Dishwater is very fun
2. Devs are working on it
3. New players dont matter
4. WOW NOT SLOOWWW
5. WOW NOT BUGGEDDD
6. Wow trinity is law. Not fact
7. All about the gear. Gear gear gear.
8. Grind grind grind
9. Mounts=trump card
10. ALL MUST PLAY WOW
This is a parody so if your dense read this part

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Posted by: MuffinPieFace.9513

MuffinPieFace.9513

I just wanted to add something to the whole afk’ing to bosses. Anet is actually doing a pretty good job at listening to the discussions and changing the boss’s difficulty. Think about Jormag a month ago and now, pretty big difference. Of course there is still Shatterer and Shadow Behemoth but I have a strong feeling Anet will eventually make them more interesting instead of standing there and watching their health ‘melt’.

I have never played ‘the game that shall not be named’ so can’t contribute there XD

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Posted by: Pukknub.7368

Pukknub.7368

I think gw2 got much better combat system. Much more skills involved. In wow you dodge by luck, while in gw2 you dodge with skills. You can move around while casting spells etc.
Vayne.8563 got many nice points in his posts.

One thing I find very weird about wow is this: If you are better in pvp, you get better gear. That’s like wtf? Why would you need better gear if you already are the better player. I think the way gw2 works here is much much better.

Pukknub
Proud member of Velocity [VcY]

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Aarean.5398

No one else here cares about the fact that your choice of class and weapon doesnt force lock you into a specific role? Come on i HATED being a prot warrior but loved the shield

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

<— ex WoW player. I gave it up due to it getting old and boring. I realised I wasn’t even enjoying it and just playing to gear up my toons. It hit me when doing BG’s (my favourite part of WoW) and switching off as soon as I was capped. I didn’t want to keep playing because I felt I got what I wanted and that was only the gear. Raids and dungeons were extremely boring and don’t even get me started on things like dailies and the mindless minigames they had.

Gw2 has been an amazingly refreshing change of pace. I play WvW for FUN not gear. I just did guild missions tonight for the first time. Bounty, that one where you turn into a spider, and the guild trek. In fact the guild trek was heaps of fun. It was like a visual memory puzzle and I was a bit kitten off when some guildies wanted to use dulfy to get the locations. The Spider race was fun as well which surprised me a lot. The whole guild worked together on this, people that completed it would return and help the others.

Also GW2 is the first time I actually give a crap about what my toon looks like. I take time to research gear that would suit my race/class. WoW graphics were just too ugly for me to even care about that kind of thing.

The free-flowing combat trumps anything WoW has to offer. In fact I used a 10 day trial of WoW not so long ago for a bit of a nostalgic trip and was disgusted how clunky combat felt. It was also extremely empty in the game world compared to how alive GW2 feels. So this time I completely deleted the WoW folder from my machine. No need to go back there.

WoW in its defense does a few things better than GW2. But not much.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Im bored at work and its been awhile since i have seen this topic discussed, figured some people could give their 2 cents. I have a friend who hates gw2 so much and thinks wow is infinitely better. It would appear gw is still growing past 3 mil and wow is starting the drop under 10 mil and was just wondering what people thought regarding april fools. I think gw owned every mmo out there and wow took a big hit this year for april fools. Sab has got to be the most creative thing ive seen introduced into an mmo and i finally respect a dev of an mmo.

I think that ArenaNet has created the most hillarious content for Easter. It was incredibly creative and well executed.
But if I compare it to the content we got for Halloween or Winter I will have to say I dislike it. At Halloween and Winter we got content that was presented in the actual world, and not in an instance. The world felt much more alive during those events.

In WoW you get the exact same events year after year, nothing has been improved or changed over the past 8 years. All Blizzard has done was adding a recycled mount or pet to the events.
That said, I really like the holiday events in WoW because every single holiday event is present within the actual world. And I especially love Brewfest, Noblegarden, Midsummer Festival and Children’s Week.

But overall I like the holiday events in GWII an awful lot more than those in WoW, because not only are they creative and offer a sense of immersion, but they are varied in so many aspects.
There is content within the actual world – both in the majore cities and the living world, there are dungeons and jumping puzzles.

I quit WoW when GWII was released so I apologize if the holiday events in WoW have changed since then, but this is how it was throughout the 6 years I played WoW.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

(edited by Naus the Gobbo.5172)

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I never really liked WoW. Partially that’s because I was (and am) a big fan of WC2 and didn’t like the changes they made to the lore in between the two.

But I also played the free trial and found it extremely boring. I know it gets better as you progress but when I didn’t even want to play enough to use up my 10 hours I doubt I’d ever get far enough to really enjoy it. Although what I’ve heard of the end-game doesn’t sound like something I’d enjoy either.

Whereas I’ve been playing GW2 since the betas and I’m still playing every day unless I’m not at home to play. I love that this game actively encourages you to explore every aspect of the world (through things like hidden jumping puzzles, event chains that you might miss on your first time through a zone, funny NPC dialogue and of course finding all the POIs and vistas). I also like that having other players around is always a good thing, you’re never competing to “tag” a mob, or to get to a node first, and it means someone can (and almost certainly will) revive you if you die.

I also like that I feel like I have a lot of flexibility in what I do. I hit 80 at the end of March and began planning to get a full set of exotics to replace the mish mash of blue, green and yellow armor I’m wearing. Then we got first Flame and Frost part 3 and then Super Adventure Box and that plan got put on hold. I probably won’t get around to getting that armor until mid-March at the earliest.

But it doesn’t matter because none of the content I’m doing (and in fact very little overall) requires you to have the best possible gear and when I do get around to getting it I’ll be on the same ‘level’ as if I’d gotten it right when I hit 80. I won’t be behind and rushing to catch up with other players and where I “should” be.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Posted by: Treadstone.2564

Treadstone.2564

I still play WoW because I find that Azeroth is a much better-realized place than Tyria. I also prefer WoW’s questing structure, which makes it feel like I’m on a grand adventure that’s going somewhere, instead of stumbling around into event after event like in Guild Wars 2.

As for April Fool’s, Blizzard did hilarious April Fool’s jokes for eight years in a row. This year they ran out of ideas.

WoW’s lore is a lot more complex than Guild Wars 2’s, probably because it has lore stretching back to 1994, so something like Super Adventure Box would stick out like a sore thumb in Azeroth.

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Posted by: LtTiger.4568

LtTiger.4568

I’ve played both WoW and GW2, and there are some things I like better in WoW, but not that much that I’ll go back to WoW. I like GW2 better, but if others like WoW better, well then that’s their choice

Guild Wars 2 and WoW

Aarean.5398

Lol the opinion route isnt the most logical one in this argument. Otherwise my opinion is gw2 is the wow killer because it was MY wow killer. Never going back.