Guild Wars Beyond?

Guild Wars Beyond?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

I don’t know if I’m going to get an infraction because it’s not Guild Wars 2 but lack of an official forum (that I can find, I did try) I’m going to ask here.

Is Guild Wars Beyond content ever going to get finished? Guild Wars 1 is my favourite game ever, and even though I don’t play it regularly now, instead I play Guild Wars 2, if new content came out for the original I’d be there in a heart beat playing through it, and I’m sure a lot of other people would too. On the wiki there’s a list of all the content mentioned that would make it into the game, also quoted as still in development

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_Beyond

Will any of this be completed or do we just stop waiting for it? Thanks in advance.

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

Guild Wars Beyond?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

This would probably be your best bet for answers, other than maybe GW1 support:

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/

Guild Wars Beyond?

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

NO! Why invest time and money on a dead horse?
There is like 1 guy working on GW1 and he already started to doing moves to screw the game so people quit (in my case it worked).
So, unless Anet decide to sell some kind of “support GW1 tickets to finish GWB” I don’t see any future for our beloved game

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Guild Wars Beyond?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t believe there are enough people working on Guild Wars 1 at this point to finish new content. Last we heard there was no one working on anything beyond the Winds of Change.

However, WoC was so badly implemented, I’m not sure I’d want to see more.

Guild Wars Beyond?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

NO! Why invest time and money on a dead horse?
There is like 1 guy working on GW1 and he already started to doing moves to screw the game so people quit (in my case it worked).
So, unless Anet decide to sell some kind of “support GW1 tickets to finish GWB” I don’t see any future for our beloved game

the thing is GW1 has 2 open servers and both of them, because of being old, are small, meaning that keeping GW1 alive shouldn’t cost them much at all. People still buy it to get heritage gear, so it’s free money for them. Though I doubt that they would invest time into an EP for it.

Guild Wars Beyond?

Posted by: Fox.8957

Fox.8957

If nothing else happens, JUST LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO EVENNIA. Write a story or something and just fill in the gaps!

~Zoe Fox~ [Rare] : Continuing the tradition since 1070 AE {Sorrow’s Furnace}

Guild Wars Beyond?

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

I am also very disappointed at the amount of content they promised us, that never showed up. I don’t care so much now that GW2 is out, but I’d really like to know what happens in between.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Guild Wars Beyond?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

If nothing else happens, JUST LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO EVENNIA. Write a story or something and just fill in the gaps!

Maybe we will find out in GW2 part of a story arc or expiation.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Guild Wars Beyond?

Posted by: exelion.2369

exelion.2369

Well ArenaNet did say that they would have Ebohawke established during GW Beyond.

Don’t mess with Ascalon!

Guild Wars Beyond?

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

Well ArenaNet did say that they would have Ebohawke established during GW Beyond.

That plus a continuation of Palawa Joko’s story as well as Evennias.

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

Guild Wars Beyond?

Posted by: exelion.2369

exelion.2369

That plus a continuation of Palawa Joko’s story as well as Evennias.

I feel that the establishment of Ebonhawke is the last piece of Ascalonian history that we haven’t seen.

Don’t mess with Ascalon!

Guild Wars Beyond?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There IS an official forum, it’s at https://forum.guildwars.com/forum

Guild Wars Beyond?

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

There IS an official forum, it’s at https://forum.guildwars.com/forum

That’s for support/bugs and announcements.

Guild Wars Beyond?

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I think ultimately we’ll see answers in GW2 rather than a new GW1 campaign or anything.

Guild Wars Beyond?

Posted by: Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Arcanorum Ignis.9218

I can’t see any new stuff for GW1 ever coming out.

I wish ANet would just give the GW1 IP to some other developer for them to work on because ANet obviously don’t care about it anymore.

It would be a cool project for some new studio to play around with.

Guild Wars Beyond?

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

Guild Wars Beyond was scraped for Eye of the North. Beyond was going to come after Nightfall, but it was decided that they should start working on GW2. To do this they decided to scrap GW:Beyond and develop Eye of the North as a tie in to GW2. Some of the concepts of Beyond was put into EotN. So I really don’t ever see Beyond entering into the fold.

Hjorje

Guild Wars Beyond?

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Guild Wars Beyond was scraped for Eye of the North. Beyond was going to come after Nightfall, but it was decided that they should start working on GW2. To do this they decided to scrap GW:Beyond and develop Eye of the North as a tie in to GW2. Some of the concepts of Beyond was put into EotN. So I really don’t ever see Beyond entering into the fold.

You are thinking of Utopia. GW Beyond were content adds long after GWEoN game was released. It was dubbed as the tie in for between GW1 and what was coming in GW2. It was basically showing the first signs of how we went from there (GW1 culture and landscape) to here (GW2 culture and landscape).

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Guild Wars Beyond?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I would also like to have some type of wrap up for the GWB story, as they claimed. As a bit of a lore hound, I like all of the pieces to my puzzle. I wouldn’t mind if they made it a book (like ghosts of ascalon) but as that would predate the already released books, I don’t know how likely that would be. Of course, with no new content coming to GW1, it is unlikely they will ever finish it their either, which very much a let down. Perhaps they can tie it into GW2 in someway, maybe a flashback in some part of the living story?, but again doubtful. GW2 very much feels like the heroes of GW1 have long since been forgotten, with a select few being the exception.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Guild Wars Beyond?

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I can’t see any new stuff for GW1 ever coming out.

I wish ANet would just give the GW1 IP to some other developer for them to work on because ANet obviously don’t care about it anymore.

It would be a cool project for some new studio to play around with.

Except for the part where the GW1 IP is also the GW2 IP so they couldn’t do that without also selling GW2 to another company lol. The better way around this is for them to shift some focus on answering these questions directly with content in GW2. The game needs a much stronger tie in to the 1st game and I think eventually that will happen.