Guild Wars Concept Art for Zones

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mr Seevs.5129

Mr Seevs.5129

Ok, so I’ve been looking through a few concept arts for the game and the areas in the game, and the areas in the game are underwhelming compared to some concept arts. Just looking at a few ideas that they haven’t added makes ask the question,“How come this is the concept art for an area yet, there is nothing like that here?”. It bothers me to no end, also I’m not saying that I dislike the current zones, I just think they should implement the concept art into the game more often than not. Here’s an example of what I’m talking about.

The picture below is concept art for Kessex Hills, and frankly I’ve never seen anything like that in the zone. Where are the giant statues? Where is the mountain pass between two stone maidens? My only wish would be for A-net to add more grand scale landmarks and more exciting areas to visit, instead of grassy hills/plains/forest. Add things people will come back to and say, “Wow…” Kinda like the Durmond Priory, I believe they did a good job with that particular area. If there’s an area you’d like to see in game, whether it be concept art or not, post it here.

Attachments:

Posted by: Sewra.2805

Sewra.2805

That statue on the right looks like Beyonce no?

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

I agree with you on this. When I first saw most of this art, I was hoping I would find something in the zone itself that looked like that art. Sadly, this was not the case. Trust me, I would not be disappointed if they decided to actually add those things.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here, http://gw2.kongzhong.com/act/team/bin/ the Art Director of the game explains why the game doesn’t always look like the concept art used to inspire the content. =)

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

I agree! Another great example is the concept loading screen for Fields of Ruin compared to what we get. In the concept art the path leading up to Ebonhawk is so much grander in design whereas the actual entrance is kind of yawn worthy. I tend to chalk it up to gameplay/technical reasons.

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Everything on concept art looks so huge and open and in-game everything look small and tiny.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

That statue on the right looks like Beyonce no?

What has been seen…….