Guild Missions [merged]

Guild Missions [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

I’d like to raise another point here.
I’m not that interested in the Ascended reward for this content, or the potential of receiving a legendary pre-cursor.
I’d just like to have more content to play with my guild. Not with someone else’s guild.
It’s not about the reward. It’s simply about having more game to play with my friends, and I’m being prevented from experiencing this content with people I know and love thanks to arbitrary gating mechanisms.
The bounties sound the least interesting if I’m honest. The Puzzle though? ArenaNet only need to check the logs associated with my account to see how frequently I play jumping puzzles. I love ’em.
And the guild rush looks a hoot.

All of this exciting new content, locked away from my guild with no likelihood of ever being able to access it. If we do want to play it, we probably have to rely on the charity of larger guilds.

Utterly ridiculous.

Exactly! Endorsed times one million!

I continue to be befuddled as to how anyone at Arenanet thought this was a good way to do Guild Missions.

The unlocks, for small to medium guilds, are indeed utterly ridiculous, but then once they are unlocked, there is no real effort needed to progress through the ranks, so the large guilds will just blow through them. Wasn’t the justification for the gating that they didn’t want large guilds just blowing through the unlocks? Well, guess what, they will blow through them, while those of us in small guilds will be lucky to have Bounty Missions unlocked by the end of the year, if our small guilds even survive the year.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: stobie.2134

stobie.2134

As a member of a tiny guild (3-4 active members out of 10-12 total), I have had a talk with my guildleader, and we decided to try an experiment.

We are going to upgrade the guild in order to unlock guild bounties, spending gold if necessary to acquire the needed Influence. Once Guild Bounties are unlocked, we will start Bounty Missions on a regular basis, and we will post announcements on our game server that anyone who wants to get the rewards can become members of our guild for the duration of the bounty, for a small fee (perhaps 1 silver). At the end of the mission, all temporary members will be removed from the guild.

The participation fee is intended to earn back (over time) our investment in buying the influence in the first place. In return, we would be providing a service to the players on our server who would otherwise have no access to guild missions, giving them a chance to experience this content, and to acquire Guild Commendations and other rewards.

Any opinions on whether you believe this experiment could work?

I’d thought of doing something like that – I don’t think I’d charge, though. It just doesn’t seem friendly. I’d aim for others in the same situation we are – perhaps it could be reciprocal – we’ll put an alt in their guild for a mission (we all have several well geared 80s, so that’s easy enough) and work together that way.

I’m not interested in merging. Our guild is family/friends, & that’s why we’re playing in the first place. We’re certainly not playing for ascended gear.

I hope no one said large guilds = quality! Ugh – I remember my daughter trying to explain to the main hunter in a wow guild, which had done all content, that she could control her pet. And trying to explain to another hunter that misdirecting to the mage for one specific fight did NOT mean you misdirect to the mage for every single mob throughout the raid… (the mage was too dead, too often, to explain other than by screaming & crying) No, my experiences with big guilds proved quite the opposite.

I’m fine with having some content aimed at large groups – I think it undercuts the essence of the game, but if Guild Missions had a tier for small groups, I wouldn’t give it much further thought. If I hadn’t seen some really disturbing chat in game, I wouldn’t think of it more than, ‘So I guess missions are out.’ But the dynamics have changed so much, so fast, that I think it’s worth protesting – though from the deafening silence, I’ve come to assume this policy is now written in stone.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

Okay so I’m a tad bit confused with what people are complaining about influence wise.

A guild bounty unlock costs 30,000 influence or 60 gold and is a one time investment. After that it only take 200 influence to launch a guild mission.

Are smaller guilds really saying that they can’t scrape together 60 gold to do this in the worst case scenario?

It should be relatively simple for a small guild of <10 players to come up with that type of money. If you’re small then it should be easy to get everyone working towards that goal. If you find this too difficult then the problem isn’t with your size, it’s with your members not being active enough.

Most guilds are PvE guilds. That means for many guilds, AoW is mostly a waste of resources. For some guilds, it’s an ABSOLUTE waste of resources. Yes, many guilds are going to be scrimping and saving to make it to that Tier 5 AoW unlock, and most will succeed, even to their own surprise. But in doing so, they’ve had to sacrifice building the stuff that their guild could actually use. Instead, many will be left with 30,000 inf of totally useless PvP rewards. This, instead of say a bigger bank vault, or better guild bonuses, or whatever it is that THEY feel is the biggest benefit to them.

This unlock system arrogantly assumes that every player in this game is interested in PvP, and I can guarantee, nothing is further from the truth. We are already being coerced into PvP participation due to things like map completion and legendary acquisition. The guild mission unlock system is another ham fisted example of ANet dumping PvP into the laps of those who want nothing to do with it.

So, I do believe that most small guilds can come up with the entry fee for this content, given some hard work and patience, I just don’t believe they should be forced to squander that hard work in a useless track for useless rewards.

And that goes beyond my additional belief that these activities should have scalable difficulty levels, that are unlocked with a scaling influence cost. This way, small guilds can get started on the lower end (easier) missions, while large guilds can pay to unlock the upper tiers and get started right away on the much more difficult, but also more lucrative high end missions. It’s just that easy to give everyone access to the content that is both challenging and rewarding to them, without resorting to screwing anyone. But yeah, I guess telling some of your customers they can go kitten themselves is a much better business practice. The length of this thread seems to support that notion.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

But the dynamics have changed so much, so fast, that I think it’s worth protesting – though from the deafening silence, I’ve come to assume this policy is now written in stone.

We’re probably just doing it wrong.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

After 29 pages of this thread, I’m compelled to ask why a few small guilds per server, such as my guild with about 8-10 actively playing members, don’t seek out other small family type guilds, compare influence and number unlocks and discuss merging with the most influential? It wouldn’t be a “large guild” mentality so much as one small family helping another so both or more of them reach the same common goal in the end. And the chances are astronomical that neither guild would ask for payment, application, interview, or any other ridiculous process to join. Not to mention, we’d all have someone to run regular content with as well. We small guilds are all in the same situation. Why not help one another instead of buck the new content or continue to rehash the same points over another 29 pages and hope by some miracle that Anet will respond or even READ this entire thread? We all want to play the new content at some point, I’m sure. So, we can either sit here and reiterate our points over and over again, subject ourselves to abuse of all types from people who don’t understand what we’re trying to express…OR, we can band together and help each other. Isn’t that what “community” is all about?

Many guilds are doing just that. Just read the Guild forum and see how many are disbanding and being absorbed. One thing you over look though is that in some cases, many cases I would bet, these small guilds are more emotionally invested in their little groups than you might think. Just letting them die (along with everything they’ve managed to achieve with it so far), may not be as easy for them as you might think.

But here’s the point though — they should never be asked to do this at all. If ANet had done a decent job of implementing guild missions in the first place, no one would be feeling forced to let their guild die. Or worse, actually having pulled out from under them as the lure of the larger guilds and their influence wealth, attrit them into the ground.

So bottom line is, for some, their guild is more than just a name and a symbol on a banner. Killing it to be absorbed by someone else is NOT a pleasant prospect.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

After 29 pages of this thread, I’m compelled to ask why a few small guilds per server, such as my guild with about 8-10 actively playing members, don’t seek out other small family type guilds, compare influence and number unlocks and discuss merging with the most influential? It wouldn’t be a “large guild” mentality so much as one small family helping another so both or more of them reach the same common goal in the end. And the chances are astronomical that neither guild would ask for payment, application, interview, or any other ridiculous process to join. Not to mention, we’d all have someone to run regular content with as well. We small guilds are all in the same situation. Why not help one another instead of buck the new content or continue to rehash the same points over another 29 pages and hope by some miracle that Anet will respond or even READ this entire thread? We all want to play the new content at some point, I’m sure. So, we can either sit here and reiterate our points over and over again, subject ourselves to abuse of all types from people who don’t understand what we’re trying to express…OR, we can band together and help each other. Isn’t that what “community” is all about?

Many guilds are doing just that. Just read the Guild forum and see how many are disbanding and being absorbed. One thing you over look though is that in some cases, many cases I would bet, these small guilds are more emotionally invested in their little groups than you might think. Just letting them die (along with everything they’ve managed to achieve with it so far), may not be as easy for them as you might think.

But here’s the point though — they should never be asked to do this at all. If ANet had done a decent job of implementing guild missions in the first place, no one would be feeling forced to let their guild die. Or worse, actually having pulled out from under them as the lure of the larger guilds and their influence wealth, attrit them into the ground.

So bottom line is, for some, their guild is more than just a name and a symbol on a banner. Killing it to be absorbed by someone else is NOT a pleasant prospect.

As a member of a small 8-10 active player guild, we will NOT be merging with any other guilds or doing any type of mass recruiting. We have accomplished a lot with the small numbers we have, we are a close knit group who do every aspect of the game together and we would simply rather not do any of the new guild content than throw it all away due to a very poor developer decision, we will simply just have to wait till another game comes out that is a bit more small guild friendly.

Guild Missions [merged]

stobie.2134

What I want from a ‘community’ in game is the same thing I want in real life. I want it to be well run, polite, positive – but while others view a guild as that larger community, I view it as an inner circle – family, friends, and those with whom you feel a personal level of comfort. That’s 2 concepts of guilds – one is a city view, one is a small tribe, & one is a small neighborhood. The problem here is, we’re about to be ‘big city or nothing,’ or band together every little tribe until we have the power of a city – this, from people such as myself who are playing with people I know, friends & family who live far away – and for whom an mmo is a personal social experience. When your daughter is living on the other side of the country, it means a lot to be running around together in a game like this. When you have friends in other countries, suddenly, you’re in the same place. Yes, we could all be merged into big guilds – but why? So we have to party up just to talk? So a few hours reserved for each other is now taken up by the needs of a guild? There are a lot of small guilds made up of personal friends, who speak openly, without having to restrain themselves lest someone in city-guild land be offended. I’m pretty sure personal groups talk about personal issues, and things like politics, religion, & sports (I’d almost rather hear the first 2…) That’s a level of comfort that is not possible, & shouldn’t be, in a large guild. For me, it’s the difference between having people over, who I know, & having to go out to some public event, where you have to be on your best behavior. Some people love that – a lot of people don’t. But this mission thing has made a big shove toward making people do this, or stop playing.

Guild missions would have been great for us – something to do besides instances. I think a lot of us were looking forward to them, only to find its reserved for what will now be the elites of our various servers. Not good. Not good at all.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

The increased world boss rewards and of loot in general is what I believe to be what balances all this.

Ok so you’re a tight knit group? Then BE a tight knit group and play the game as you have been, farm up some gold and buy the influence. You as a guild can bunny hop from world boss to boss. The increased quality in loot ensures you’ll have what you need in a week or two (depending on play style or alts).

Now, does it suck that you have to spend all that influence on a completely irrelevant PvP tree? Sure but once all is said and done are you REALLY gonna care anymore?

No. Because you’ll have what you want.

Best thing for small guilds is to bite the bullet, cut your way through the tree and be done with it.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

This patch introduced two PvE mechanics, modified dailies and guild missions. Each mechanic seems designed to address multiple issues at once. It only takes a quick perusal of the new daily objectives to see that they were trying to address perceived issues like: no reason to kill vets/champs; no reason to go to various under-used areas; no reason to do group events; etc.

With guild missions, it looks like they were trying to address issues of: introducing large group content other than WvW, increasing the functionality of guilds; and putting in another alternative means to acquire Ascended gewgaws.

The new dailies don’t work for everyone. However, that kill-many-birds-with one-stone implementation was better reasoned than the guild missions one. Imo, ANet did not anticipate the negative social impact this type of gating was going to foster.

Earlier, they failed to realize that all not players are process-oriented. Some are results-oriented, meaning they will take the fastest, easiest method to obtain what they want. The result of that failure was Ascended Gear. Since they have demonstrated a desire to try to please players, I wonder what their reaction to this fiasco will be.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

The increased world boss rewards and of loot in general is what I believe to be what balances all this.

Ok so you’re a tight knit group? Then BE a tight knit group and play the game as you have been, farm up some gold and buy the influence. You as a guild can bunny hop from world boss to boss. The increased quality in loot ensures you’ll have what you need in a week or two (depending on play style or alts).

Now, does it suck that you have to spend all that influence on a completely irrelevant PvP tree? Sure but once all is said and done are you REALLY gonna care anymore?

Best thing for small guilds is to bite the bullet, cut your way through the tree and be done with it.

Or the small guilds will just switch to another game.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: kipz.8701

kipz.8701

- Have to navigate through the laggy as hell guild menus to even find what you are supposed to be doing. With a 500 member guild and limited bandwidth on your behalf loading the 500 members every time you press G sucks the life out of your game literally.

- No hints or indication of what to do, when they are activated we should get an event box on our HUD, just like normal events.

- All around clusterkitten. I understand it is supposed to be a scavenger hunt type of event but with around 100 members all spread out across a map. If the bounty is activated, everyone not there gets no reward at all. (only let guild officers/leaders activate them, other people can still join in but another guild pretty much almost ninja’d the bounty earlier when out guild members still hadn’t got any rewards)

- Weekly cooldown. The only problem I have with this is that It is going to take a very long time for guild to unlock all events to even start thinking about it taking less than 6 weeks to get the ascended accessories.

- Spank not even tank. Are these bounties supposed to be such a cakewalk or actual content?

Most importantly, stop with the gated content. Having to do pointlessly easy tasks each day is not an appropriate way to get the highest level gear in the game. That should come with skill and effort not just be handed out to everyone because they petted 5 cats every day for a few months. Please also stop with the different tokens for everything. Imho the guild events should give laurels to keep different currency to a minimum. Please add harder PvE content that rewards laurels too. Allow us to exchange say 250 Arah/CoE tokens for a laurel each. It will give the community an incentive to move and try harder content instead of running babby mode AC and CoF.

I think above all else we need more contact with development/developers in a physical sense. Perhaps a selective closed community beta server for us to try things out before releasing them to the public. Think of how useful that would have been with Halloween and the karka event? All the promises of “polished” content all but falls short.

*in my opinion

(edited by kipz.8701)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Cora.9745

Cora.9745

One thing people keep overlooking: Everyone keeps saying (as Anet did) that getting and doing these missions is supposed to be a progression. Now, that is a good thing. However, it is a progression only for some. Not for everyone. When this patch was launched, the odds are that most (if not all) large guilds would have already unlocked everything they needed. So, no waiting for them. Yet small guilds simply did not have the manpower to complete that yet.

Why does one group get essentially a free pass to seeing the content, yet the other is penalized simply due to their numbers?

This is the exact opposite of what GW2 was supposed to be (as proven by a few videos of the Devs talking about this pre-launch)

Dalishya Aibreann=80R/80T/80EL Eternal Night-Crystal Desert

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

(edited by Cora.9745)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Guild missions should at least have it’s own tab on the guild menu instead of hidden at the bottom of guild upgrades, a place which most members will never look because they don’t get access rights to upgrades.

The survivability of the Bounty Hunt targets is a massive problem, especially on the lower tiers where a huge portion of the starting guild will likely never even see them let alone do enough damage to get credit for the event.

Overall it has the all too familiar air of content that has been rushed out to be fixed at a later date. In the process draining the enjoyment out of something that by all rights should have been fun.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

Guild missions give pretty bad rewards considering.

50s sounds like loads! but keep in mind a good guild member will be travelling to at least 6 waypoints during a tier 3 mission most likely double that once the target is discovered and everyone piles in on the closest way point.

that means at least 50% of that 50s is a waypoint cost assuming its a 1s charge, its often 2s.

If you don’t get a good rare you basically get nothing good for the mission. I would also like a list of guild members who have completed missions, so i can tell who missed the mission so they can be told when it will happen.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: crimsonbro.3126

crimsonbro.3126

Yeah. Small guild I’m in it will take forever to get these guild missions but we’ll work towards it. Me, my better half and friends and family. We’ve went a long way but bigger guilds will rule and smaller ones will break. If they are in a rush to get these cool new guild missions that are, apparently, only aimed at big guilds. sure you could blow a wad of gold and bammy, have the stuff but come on. Casual gamers. Casual guild. So it will be a long time.

Since beta and all the stress tests this is the first time I’ve thought, well, you know. Still having fun everywhere else though and still throwing money at cosmetics (better half is good for that ^^) bah. I’m rambling.

Small guilds this is bad for us if we want the guild missions NOW. But given time, if you can keep your guild playing and intact, they will come. Hard to leave RL friends and such to go to a bigger guild of strangers just for these. Sad panda. <has that been used in awhile? Hmm...>

Guild Missions [merged]

Cora.9745

I wanted to do Guild Missions for the fun of it – I guess all you really get out of it is quicker access to earrings? But that’s ok. Except small guilds can’t do them, apparently. Even if we could unlock them today – and there’s no hurry in that regard – if we can’t actually DO them together, that kind of defeats the purpose. You can ally, but if the point is something together, again – missing the point.

Now would be a really good time for a dev or someone to come in and clear some things up.

It sounds like small guilds may have been able to do some of the bounties….however simply due it a glitch it looks like…

It is so hard to know what these things are intended to be. Are they something that is meant to be done by everyone (small guilds not needing to merge into larger ones)?
Or are they meant to be the GW2 equivalent of a typical mmo raid and it’s simply not functioning properly?

If there is misinformation going around, I would think they would want to clear it up right way!

(edited by Cora.9745)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

1. I agree, the guild interface does suck the life out of computers, hopefully they can fix it.

2. There are hints, they are just well hidden, I agree they should trigger an event screen for the whole guild will a countdown so everyone knows what’s going on.

3. Tricky problem. Your own guild needs to have some self control. If your guild members are activating the kill before his other guildies are there then you need better guildies. Other guilds is where the problem is. You can’t not let them activate because they might be running out of time, but then all your guildies might not make it. luckily it only costs 200 influence so you can just run it again if you fail without much difficulty. I don’t have a solution other then that.

4. It is only taking a long time because you only have 1 type activated. You get 2 comms per week per mission type. once you unlock all 5 that will be a potential 10 comms a week. hardly a long grind. They are just keeping initial progression slow.

5. I think they need to buff them a bit, but a few of them are very challenging. think whole guild with 20 stacks of confusion instantly wiping the group if you attack too fast. Some are just broken easy and some are just meh. overall I think a buff would make the fights more interesting. A lot of the mechanics are pretty cool but aren’t dangerous enough to be noticed yet.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

I wanted to do Guild Missions for the fun of it – I guess all you really get out of it is quicker access to earrings? But that’s ok. Except small guilds can’t do them, apparently. Even if we could unlock them today – and there’s no hurry in that regard – if we can’t actually DO them together, that kind of defeats the purpose. You can ally, but if the point is something together, again – missing the point.

Now would be a really good time for a dev or someone to come in and clear some things up.

It sounds like small guilds may have been able to do some of the bounties….however simply due it a glitch it looks like…

It is so hard to know what these things are intended to be. Are they something that is meant to be done by everyone (small guilds not needing to merge into larger ones)?
Or are they meant to be the GW2 equivalent of a typical mmo raid and it’s simply not functioning properly?

If there is misinformation going around, I would think they would want to clear it up right way!

There isn’t. They probably honestly have no clue what’s going on.

Guild Missions [merged]

Oreoz.2573

Well fine. They can do that. The truth of the matter is that it’s not going to happen in a large enough capacity for Arenanet to take notice of. I’m just saying that’s the way it is. MMOs can’t please everyone so bye.

Besides, if you don’t want to spend a few weeks to unlock something (manifesto or no manifesto), then MMOs probably ain’t yo game.

As far as WP costs go for bounties…..it doesn’t matter.
Why?

1. Large guilds will coordinate their bounty strikes so that the individual teams will only have to WP once.
2. Small guilds will have to travel together but c’mon, the guild reward plus ONE measly dungeon run after the fact will cover WP costs for that day and probably the next day as well.

People (including myself) tend to really over think things until they actually go out and do what they need to do and see that it really only takes an hour (exaggeration but you get the idea).

Guild Missions [merged]

Oreoz.2573

And WP costs don’t mean squat. I don’t care who you are. You could amass up to 25s in costs running around the world but ya know what?

One teensie weensie dungeon takes care of that.
Plus the increased loot rewards from bosses.

So I don’t wanna hear it.

The ONLY way WP costs should be affecting you negatively is if for some god forsaken reason you’re trying to see how many zones you can WP to in 15 minutes or something.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

+1 to you OP.

I’m all for more difficult content. I hate the gated content they have going on. I also hate how I have to do petty tasks every day in order to have the best gear. No skill involved what-so-ever. This game lacks prestige.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

And WP costs don’t mean squat. I don’t care who you are. You could amass up to 25s in costs running around the world but ya know what?

One teensie weensie dungeon takes care of that.
Plus the increased loot rewards from bosses.

So I don’t wanna hear it.

The ONLY way WP costs should be affecting you negatively is if for some god forsaken reason you’re trying to see how many zones you can WP to in 15 minutes or something.

A mission that costs more than it gives is a badly designed mission, infact it promotes the idea that players go for their one boss then don’t helpanymore as they already got their chest.

Guild Missions [merged]

Sovta.4719

Believe me, Arenanet is noticing it, that is why they are introducing these desperate “changes”.

Guild Missions [merged]

stobie.2134

Would it make any sense to add some kind of ‘help out our guild & get perks for your own’ type system? Say a little guilds launches a mission, then invites anyone to join them – and rather than getting the same old reward as a regular event, they, too, share the guild mission rewards? I know that would undercut the recruitment factor of missions, but that wasn’t really the point, anyway. It would introduce people without being a ‘grow my guild’ thing.

That seems really easy – anyone who tags this bounty gets the same loot. That sounds – incredibly simple, & means 2 incredibly enterprising people could run around inspiring action all over. (I picture some Asura-like couple in a 2 person guild doing this, of course, rubbing their hands together) Then you wouldn’t have to scale the bounties or anything – small guilds would still have to unlock everything (I still think it might be wise to lower the research unlock requirements, but either way – it’s possible, given time & effort)

It could also be that the starting guild gets the GUILD perks – but anyone who helps gets the commendations. It wouldn’t make sense to get everything, because whoever funded the unlocks probably warrants that much bonus. But basically – give everyone, even those not in a guild, a reason to participate & bump up the ‘feel good, everyone helps’ attitude that had made this game special thus far.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

From doing these things the last few days, i believe 15 mins to coordinate 6 bosses on six maps is too short we really need at least 30 mins…

For the bounties i think you are expected to go at all the bosses at the same time, splitting your numbers between each opponent. That’s why the higher tiers are big guilds only (and why Anet says the tier 1 can be completed with 10 people)
I’d also like to point out that with the big guilds, you do have enough people to find all the possible bounties before activating the mission, practically eliminating time to find them.

Which is fine on some on others it takes a lot of people, the diplomat in Brisban wildlands is insanely hard took 30 people 10 mins to drop due to his skills sets.. Komali has a few nasty skills too..

Honestly its coordinating such a large group across so many maps can take easily 15mins..

I really find it hard to believe a dev said this can be done by small guilds, i feel this is false, unless you are insanely lucky..

aside from all the rant, anybody tried those?
is it dungeon level of fun, or jormag level of yawn&loot ?

Yes these guild bounties are fun when it works, it takes a lot of coordination (you need a chat program of some type, best to send out your guild to Dulfy for locations etc, some of these bosses are really tough even for 30 players etc..

The loot is standard two random rares (i believe Exotics and Precursors are a chance) and 2 guild commendations (you also have a chance to get a banner thing) and 50 silver every 24 hours, but it does not reset on the standard daily time it resets when you did it..

On a side note a few things not explained.

Having 100% map completions is very helpful and sometimes a prerequisite…

This is very biased to high level play any characters of low levels usually have to be excluded because the zones are too dangerous for them, which is a tad unfair in my opinion..

Way point costs are very high, jumping across four to six maps sometimes up to 15 maps every attempt..even searching for these things can incur a huge debt.

Hope this helps.

(edited by Dante.1508)

Guild Missions [merged]

Cora.9745

From doing these things the last few days, i believe 15 mins to coordinate 6 bosses on six maps is too short we really need at least 30 mins…

For the bounties i think you are expected to go at all the bosses at the same time, splitting your numbers between each opponent. That’s why the higher tiers are big guilds only (and why Anet says the tier 1 can be completed with 10 people)
I’d also like to point out that with the big guilds, you do have enough people to find all the possible bounties before activating the mission, practically eliminating time to find them.

Which is fine on some on others it takes a lot of people, the diplomat in Brisban wildlands is insanely hard took 30 people 10 mins to drop due to his skills sets.. Komali has a few nasty skills too..

Honestly its coordinating such a large group across so many maps can take easily 15mins..

I really find it hard to believe a dev said this can be done by small guilds, i feel this is false, unless you are insanely lucky..

They have had posts on Facebook about giving advice for small guilds. Things along the line of “don’t worry, you can still do this too!” (Another thing they suggested, as was pointed out in another thread, was to ally with another small guild and run the mission twice……seems a little unbalanced however)

They have not yet confirmed if small guilds are able to do these on our own….which would be nice to get an answer about……

(edited by Cora.9745)

Guild Missions [merged]

Dante.1508

I agree with most said OP but no these bosses are far from a cake walk on all, a select few are really tough to drop in 15 mins..

The rest i completely agree with 100% the way point costs and level restrictions are pretty bad too..

Its 2 commendations a day not a week, they reset every 24 hours..

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

I’ve noticed now you can buy commendations (1k influence) for laurels as well as for gold and through the guild reward system. This makes me think anet intended to give small guilds other ways of getting influence to open missions. My question is has anyone tried helping a bigger guild on a mission to see if maybe the reward you get is some sort of commendation to help your guild build the influence to unlock them yourself? I personally run the game with a small group of friends and have not had the chance to check it out myself. If this isn’t the case maybe it is something for anet to look into implementing as it would make people more willing to help out while padding the currently ridiculous cost of researching missions for small guilds.

Guild Missions [merged]

stobie.2134

If you help a guild that you don’t belong to, you get normal event rewards (karma, I guess, a little money) – but you don’t get anything related to the missions. I rather like that idea, though – and it seems like it would be easy to add in. If you help another guild do its mission, you get some commendation for yourself, & possibly something for your own guild. (I can see why they wouldn’t do that part, though)

That seems like a reasonable solution, & a lot more inspiration for little guilds to ask around & band together for missions.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: bewhatever.2390

bewhatever.2390

What I want from a ‘community’ in game is the same thing I want in real life. I want it to be well run, polite, positive – but while others view a guild as that larger community, I view it as an inner circle – family, friends, and those with whom you feel a personal level of comfort. That’s 2 concepts of guilds – one is a city view, one is a small tribe, & one is a small neighborhood. The problem here is, we’re about to be ‘big city or nothing,’ or band together every little tribe until we have the power of a city – this, from people such as myself who are playing with people I know, friends & family who live far away – and for whom an mmo is a personal social experience. When your daughter is living on the other side of the country, it means a lot to be running around together in a game like this. When you have friends in other countries, suddenly, you’re in the same place. Yes, we could all be merged into big guilds – but why? So we have to party up just to talk? So a few hours reserved for each other is now taken up by the needs of a guild? There are a lot of small guilds made up of personal friends, who speak openly, without having to restrain themselves lest someone in city-guild land be offended. I’m pretty sure personal groups talk about personal issues, and things like politics, religion, & sports (I’d almost rather hear the first 2…) That’s a level of comfort that is not possible, & shouldn’t be, in a large guild. For me, it’s the difference between having people over, who I know, & having to go out to some public event, where you have to be on your best behavior. Some people love that – a lot of people don’t. But this mission thing has made a big shove toward making people do this, or stop playing.

Guild missions would have been great for us – something to do besides instances. I think a lot of us were looking forward to them, only to find its reserved for what will now be the elites of our various servers. Not good. Not good at all.

Well said!

And in a game that doesn’t allow creating private chat channels, guild chat in a small guild is pretty much the only mechanic that can be used, or more precisely is what my guild uses also, for such conversations.

Guild Missions [merged]

stobie.2134

Oh ugh! I hadn’t thought of that! You can’t create your own channels, can you? So you’d have to be in party chat, or on vent, or something. I guess you could turn off guild chat, but that kind of defeats the point if you want to know what’s going on.

The trouble with chat, for me, is that it’s like a tv in a restaurant. I WILL look at it. And because of that, I’ve endured any amount of horrible conversations in old guilds. There was one woman who reported daily on her affairs – and of course, someone HAD to encourage her, & to issue much sympathy for the sorrows of her life. Then there are the health problems, and any amount of other personal issues that I do not want to know. There are people who just have to talk about politics, religion, and things even darker, such as reality tv… There’s language that’s bound to offend someone…

Anyway – that’s all well & fine, & for the most part, it seems that guild chatter happens between the core of the guild, who often actually know each other. I just – I don’t think we should forget why a lot of us want to stay small & private.

(edited by stobie.2134)

Guild Missions [merged]

Sovta.4719

If you help a guild that you don’t belong to, you get normal event rewards (karma, I guess, a little money) – but you don’t get anything related to the missions. I rather like that idea, though – and it seems like it would be easy to add in. If you help another guild do its mission, you get some commendation for yourself, & possibly something for your own guild. (I can see why they wouldn’t do that part, though)

That seems like a reasonable solution, & a lot more inspiration for little guilds to ask around & band together for missions.

This would be nice, also with some notice when you are on map with guild mission, i would really like to do them even with no reward. (FotM already bored me to death, and i can do other dungeons even with rares on guardian)

Guild Missions [merged]

Dante.1508

They have had posts on Facebook about giving advice for small guilds. Things along the line of “don’t worry, you can still do this too!” (Another thing they suggested, as was pointed out in another thread, was to ally with another small guild and run the mission twice……seems a little unbalanced however)

They have not yet confirmed if small guilds are able to do these on our own….which would be nice to get an answer about……

You can help other guilds kill them and get some reward but i believe you get no commendations if you’re not in the guild that starts it…

Guild Missions [merged]

stobie.2134

This would be nice, also with some notice when you are on map with guild mission, i would really like to do them even with no reward. (FotM already bored me to death, and i can do other dungeons even with rares on guardian)

I had the same reaction to fotm – thinking, “HOW many more times do I have to do this?” It might be nice to have area pop ups like, “Guild X could use some help with… Bounty Y,” that kind of thing. But I do think they should allow for at least one – commendation or whatever – if you participate to help others.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

Just to clarify by commendation I mean the item which is a consumable that can be used to give your guild influence. Sorry I’m not really sure the the currency guilds review for completing missions is called and I didn’t mean we should get that currency as outside helpers.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

I’m leader a small dungeon guild of awesome players, we’re rarely more than 10 at peak times but we’re really active.

Still need 11 more days to start guild missions but now I wonder, do guildmates guesting get rewarded like the others? since I recruited most of them in dungeons, we’re all scattered between different servers and have one main server where the upgrades are.

I really hope they do or else what are guesting and cross server guilds for?

(edited by Krag.6210)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

No, because the members are paying the price out of their own pockets, while many large Guild members don’t have to do so. In short, they are being punished for being small, as if that was inherently a bad thing, which obviously it isn’t.

Best thing to do for small Guilds, really, is NOT to pay a dime or spend influence on irrelevant trees at all, and wait until a better system is implemented, if it ever does. It’s just not worth the hassle and sacrifice for most smaller Guilds, I would imagine.

Of course the above means they cannot get (or at least, can’t obtain any time soon) Ascended gear the “Guild mission-way”, but that’s ANet’s fault (no offense)-the small Guild is not to blame for just being small.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

We just got ours done… we got Sotzz and the Prisoner 1141. We did our prep work though, and had at least one person go out about 30 mins or so before we planned on popping the bounty to find the marks. It’s a good thing, as it took em nearly 20 minutes to find mine… I figured it would be easy since Sotzz doesn’t move, but it took me a while. He ended up being near the heart in Cornucopian fields in the cornfields by the grubs.

We had 8 or 9 people at each, and they went down relatively easily. Each group hit only the 1 mob they were at, we got 15 guild merit points, and each person got 2 commendations and 2 lvl 80 rares.

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

You know, I have to wonder if they’ll tack on the guild merit requirements to every guild thing they add after this to keep them “useful”.

Small guilds will love it if guild halls come out and we can’t build them due to not having enough people to run the merit missions.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Havana.8625

Havana.8625

Believe me, Arenanet is noticing it, that is why they are introducing these desperate “changes”.

Wait… Anet announced they were changing the system? When?

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success.
(Please no gear treadmills, Colin!)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Twylla Night.1792

Twylla Night.1792

I understand the need to provide content for larger guilds, but why exclude small guilds? Many of us in small guilds care less for the rewards than we do for content & play experience.

My suggestion:
Keep rewards and boosts at the high influence cost — that will make big guilds happy & give them bragging rights and goodies for recruiting.

Make the guild missions and new content accessible with little or no influence cost. Then the small guilds can at least experience the content. They may not have the numbers to successfully complete a mission but that can also serve as a motivator to get all the guild members online at the same time for a special session.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

You know, I have to wonder if they’ll tack on the guild merit requirements to every guild thing they add after this to keep them “useful”.

Small guilds will love it if guild halls come out and we can’t build them due to not having enough people to run the merit missions.

One would then wonder why such a small group requires a guild hall. It would be like building a YMCA for a family of 4.
Maybe you can build a guild tent or something =)

~Tarnished Coast~

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

So ANet is still silent about this kitten ? Avoiding this topic like wild fire will not fix the issue, guys come on.

I’m ok, my guildies started to PvP and WvW a lot and we lost only 2 members yesterday. Question is how long can people “pretent” guild missions don’t exist, because you know what ? You cannot even join a big guild on my server, because now they want you to represent them 24/7 or you get booted, thank god you added invisible mode to the game.

I don’t give a kittening kitten about the kittening pink earrings, but seeing the rift in the community is starting to feel annoying. I’m starting to think that if there were no new ascended items in this patch it would have been for the better… Please, stop assuming that casuals and hardcores can work together, that does not happen in any online game.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

(edited by Wayfinder.8452)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

One would then wonder why such a small group requires a guild hall. It would be like building a YMCA for a family of 4.

I realize this is off-topic, but I wanted to respond:

Our 4 person guild, back in DAoC, had a mansion, 2 houses and a cottage. These were outdoor buildings in a large neighborhood (think zone).

The mansion became the place for us to house our trophies, have a place to call “home away from home”, a place to “hearthstone” to, a place to store items the in guild vault for sharing and a place to offer some of top tier gear for fellow players to purchase (and sometimes bargained for when they couldn’t afford to pay the full price). Between the mansion and the houses, we provided crafting stations, merchants and teleport NPCs for the neighborhood.

We often had folks come by to just hang out and talk.

The memorable one was the night a young man in another guild in our alliance found out his mother had cancer. He lived in England, we were in Northern CA.

He didn’t just want to “talk” via an impersonal chat channel, he wanted, using his character to actually “be” there “face to face” with someone he knew cared, someone who was his mother’s age, someone he called “mom” in game, so he didn’t feel so alone.

We sat side by side in the small homey cottage and chatted for a while.

There were other incidents in game where someone’s friend had passed, or they just wanted a quiet place to hang out, or wanted some advice.

Although many players for years after housing went in DAoC talked about how it damaged community, I always remember that particular incident and was glad there was a “safe” place for my young friend to go.

Back on topic:

Yes, the only chat channels in GW2 are guild and map.

There is no housing. No place to go and visit.

I’d be hesitant to join a large guild where I would lose the ability to have personal conversations with those I care about.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Ah, i see. This is discouraging, i really hoped that these bosses could be killed with a normal 5-man team within the given time. Well, i guess here goes any chance of my guild ever doing any of the guild missions.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Guild Missions [merged]

Sovta.4719

15th November

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Kirito.5409

Kirito.5409

The new guild missions are pretty bad, especially for smaller guilds. I’m in a medium sized guild with around 179 players and only 20 players are active at one time or another.

When we started the guild missions, we had no idea what to do, with little to no direction. It was extremely difficult to track down bounty targets with our limited personnel and even more difficult to fight against them.

Our 20 man team + around six to eight other volunteers literally got wiped out a number of times, only to fail because of the timer. I think it would be best if they get rid of the time limit.

Guild Missions [merged]

Sovta.4719

I realize this is off-topic, but I wanted to respond:

Our 4 person guild, back in DAoC, had a mansion, 2 houses and a cottage. These were outdoor buildings in a large neighborhood (think zone).

The mansion became the place for us to house our trophies, have a place to call “home away from home”, a place to “hearthstone” to, a place to store items the in guild vault for sharing and a place to offer some of top tier gear for fellow players to purchase (and sometimes bargained for when they couldn’t afford to pay the full price). Between the mansion and the houses, we provided crafting stations, merchants and teleport NPCs for the neighborhood.

We often had folks come by to just hang out and talk.

The memorable one was the night a young man in another guild in our alliance found out his mother had cancer. He lived in England, we were in Northern CA.

He didn’t just want to “talk” via an impersonal chat channel, he wanted, using his character to actually “be” there “face to face” with someone he knew cared, someone who was his mother’s age, someone he called “mom” in game, so he didn’t feel so alone.

We sat side by side in the small homey cottage and chatted for a while.

There were other incidents in game where someone’s friend had passed, or they just wanted a quiet place to hang out, or wanted some advice.

Although many players for years after housing went in DAoC talked about how it damaged community, I always remember that particular incident and was glad there was a “safe” place for my young friend to go.

Back on topic:

Yes, the only chat channels in GW2 are guild and map.

There is no housing. No place to go and visit.

I’d be hesitant to join a large guild where I would lose the ability to have personal conversations with those I care about.

+1
I really thought big guilds are better, but they aren’t, you are less then number there, they even force you to go forums and guild leaders still do whatever they want. For example, we had poll about guild missions: Tuesday, Thursday or Sunday, when i got back from friend on FRIDAY guess what was the first thing i saw on forums? Video of guild mission

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

Really?
The complaints in this thread are pathetic.
Unless the game literally tells you by smacking you in the face where the target is with a giant 500 foot tall neon pink arrow, and the target mob is solo-able by a single level 5 character, I feel most people have the need to whine and cry.
Seriously… is pressing ‘G’, click on upgrades, click on missions so hard that people are unwilling to even press one key stroke, and 2 mouse clicks to access content?
It’s really sad, the timers and the clues are the actual challenge. L2P

~Tarnished Coast~

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

15th November

Said in jest but so true.