Guild wars 2 support, is amazing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GambGaming.7348

GambGaming.7348

So my account was hacked. My friend had just come out of hospital after recovering from cancer. He REALLY Wanted to play, so I was about to log on, these are the incorect details, I was like ‘’ Alrighty then ’’ I tried around 5 more times, failed, so I contacted guild wars 2 support and they helped me, put new measures in place for my account. When I told my friend, we was skyping with cams on. The smile on his face was so amazing.

So thank you guild wars 2 support. Your all freeking amazing!

GambGaming.7348

I hope he gets better soon

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

So my account was hacked. My friend had just come out of hospital after recovering from cancer. He REALLY Wanted to play, so I was about to log on, these are the incorect details, I was like ‘’ Alrighty then ’’ I tried around 5 more times, failed, so I contacted guild wars 2 support and they helped me, put new measures in place for my account. When I told my friend, we was skyping with cams on. The smile on his face was so amazing.

It’s so nice of you to write this, GambGaming. Thanks for helping your friend, and please send our best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

GambGaming.7348

Ahh, its the least I can do for the amazing support you gave me and he says thank you

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I would scan your system heavily with Antispyware and Anti Virus, if it was me i’d reformat.

GambGaming.7348

I would scan your system heavily with Antispyware and Anti Virus, if it was me i’d reformat.

Way ahead of you ;D, full system reset.

Also, I don’t see what your problem is with support is, they helped me get my account back from some kitten hacker, in my books, thats a good thing.

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

support is amazing

…until you try to do a password reset.

you need to provide a game key provided at purchase, the date of purchase, the card you used to make the purchase…

so if you no longer have that one email from a year ago that they sent as a receipt, you are basically f’d.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

support is amazing

you need to provide a game key provided at purchase, the date of purchase, the card you used to make the purchase…

so if you no longer have that one email from a year ago that they sent as a receipt, you are basically f’d.

This is untrue. If you no longer have your serial number, Customer Support will assist you in changing your password, or any of a myriad of other issues. There are many threads in Account Issues about that very topic, with positive results. =)

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

support is amazing

And that’s why you put all keys in a truecrypt document, put this document on an FTP and several PCs in different countries. Furthermore you keep the boxes for different gem cards in different locations (home/work/car). That way you can insure the following:
- if USA gets nuked, ftp server is unavailable but I still have my box at home,
- if home burns down, I still have FTP server,
- in case of zombie invasion, I flee with my car which has at least one key in the trunk,
- in case of war, at least one key is in the country I’ll be at the time.

Furthermore, I never delete emails so that one email … I still have.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

support is amazing

While the ease of resetting a password via support is much easier with the serial key, it’s not needed. Although to be fair, pretty much EVERY game is like this if you are unable to supply the key.

I keep my key in a password manager – makes it easy to find in case of an issue.

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

He’s basically bringing up the point that support isn’t amazing. He’s putting a negative into a positive. Here you have a positive thread about support, and he is coming in with his black cloud to rain on the parade.

On the flip side, by the time he posted that Regina had already said that they were going to fix it and bring it back (despite originally being told it’s temp content. Hopefully it’s perma – was kind of fun

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

support is amazing

This is untrue. If you no longer have your serial number, Customer Support will assist you in changing your password, or any of a myriad of other issues. There are many threads in Account Issues about that very topic, with positive results. =)

Inculpatus is correct. My wife had password issues that were resolved fast and without complications. We didn’t have the serial code anymore since I bought her the game (free bonus tip: playing together can really boost a relationship, especially one that focuses on positive player interactions as GW2 does) and I didn’t think of keeping it. She wrote to Support and got her password reset almost instantly without any problems. I myself have also made positive experiences with technical support. So yes, thanks a bunch to the hardworking people in support.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

It’s so nice of you to write this, GambGaming. Thanks for helping your friend, and please send our best wishes for a speedy recovery!

I find this reaction controversial. Back in December when the Newtown shooting happened, and since there is no Off-Topic sub form(which I wonder why there is still no off topic forum), I came here and created a thread for a moment of silence for the victims of that terrible tragedy. The thread was quickly closed as it did not pertain to GW2.

This thread, while we all do wish his buddy a speedy recovery, is marginally about guild wars 2 and more about his friend and recovery. Yet this one is allowed open, and the heartless brute who closed my thread in December is no where to be found. While this DOES have a small connection to GW2, its very marginal and this just points out that the moderation of these forums is poor.

I do wish your friend a speedy recovery.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

It’s more like when the support can actually help you and solve the problem they’re amazing. When they can’t you hate them. I guess this rule can be applied to every support.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

marnick.4305

I find this reaction controversial. Back in December when the Newtown shooting happened, and since there is no Off-Topic sub form(which I wonder why there is still no off topic forum), I came here and created a thread for a moment of silence for the victims of that terrible tragedy. The thread was quickly closed as it did not pertain to GW2.

There’s a time and place for everything, and the Boston Bombings had their time and place in the news worldwide. These forums are neither time nor place lest we post about every single tragedy around the world. Half Germany, parts of Czech Republic and Hungary are currently flooded. I bet you didn’t even know that. Did you see a single thread about that tragedy? Time and place.

Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

There’s a time and place for everything, and the Boston Bombings had their time and place in the news worldwide. These forums are neither time nor place lest we post about every single tragedy around the world. Half Germany, parts of Czech Republic and Hungary are currently flooded. I bet you didn’t even know that. Did you see a single thread about that tragedy? Time and place.

True..time and place. Off topic forum is needed. Such an oversight. How difficult is it to create one? I’ll be suggesting this in the suggestions forum right now, I think for the second or third time.

And yes I knew about the floods in germany…one of my global counterparts works out of Germany. However, this is an english forum, hence the https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

This thread, while we all do wish his buddy a speedy recovery, is marginally about guild wars 2 and more about his friend and recovery. Yet this one is allowed open, and the heartless brute who closed my thread in December is no where to be found. While this DOES have a small connection to GW2, its very marginal and this just points out that the moderation of these forums is poor.

I do wish your friend a speedy recovery.

The main topic of his post was about how GW2 was able to recover his friend’s account efficiently. He put a bit of a back story in there, but still kept to the topic of how he felt Anet’s support team was amazing to him. So it is completely GW2 related, unlike the topic you posted which had nothing to do with GW2.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

marnick.4305

True..time and place. Off topic forum is needed. Such an oversight. How difficult is it to create one? I’ll be suggesting this in the suggestions forum right now, I think for the second or third time.

I don’t think it’s needed, and neither is it an oversight.

And yes I knew about the floods in germany…one of my global counterparts works out of Germany. However, this is an english forum, hence the https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu.

I may be wrong but afaik USA isn’t the only English speaking country in the world and neither is English the only language used in the US. I have yet to see a single thread for Australian, British or Canadian disasters. I won’t play them down but again .. time and place. These forums are not the right place to honour the dead.

Not only that but English is the de facto world language on the internet which means the German problems are on the exact same level as the American disasters. Just saying because I don’t want to give any country a special place here.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Boston totally doesnt belong in forums. It belonged in LA, where it was constantly discussed. Sorry if your server was too “low pop”

Posted by: Oofta.8036

Oofta.8036

I’ve had nothing short of Excellent service from the GW2 customer support team. They resolved my in game issues swiftly, correctly, and with high professionalism.

As far as the hoops one has to jump through to recover their password, I am thankful that they have this inplace (even if it can be a pita when you really want to play) to keep those who would try and steal your account from doing so.

GambGaming.7348

Guys, can we not fight, holy cow, I just wanted to say MY own thank you to GW2 support, no to have a kitteng rant about how good/bad they are.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Guys, can we not fight, holy cow, I just wanted to say MY own thank you to GW2 support, no to have a kitteng rant about how good/bad they are.

You might get a better reception by posting in the sub-forum Account Issues. =)

That’s where a lot of the Customer Service fans hang out. =P

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Nope, sorry, you can’t make any positive comments about anything about Guild Wars 2 or Anet without the Visigoths rearing their ugly heads.

I’ve tried, believe me. lol

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Nope, sorry, you can’t make any positive comments about anything about Guild Wars 2 or Anet without the Visigoths rearing their ugly heads.

im a visigoth? now i have to look up this word. oh man, my day is beginning with a quest!

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

im a visigoth? now i have to look up this word. oh man, my day is beginning with a quest!

I didn’t actually point to anyone specifically, it was just a general “them”. You’re probably not a visigoth, if it makes you feel better. lol

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

- in case of zombie invasion, I flee with my car which has at least one key in the trunk,

o_o;

Well, in the event of US getting nuked, or Zombie invasion, it’s good to know you’ve got your bases covered and you can still get a few dungeon runs in on GW2.

:D

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

o_o;

Well, in the event of US getting nuked, or Zombie invasion, it’s good to know you’ve got your bases covered and you can still get a few dungeon runs in on GW2.

:D

Is it possible to move your toons to a EU server after the US one gets nuked? just asking?

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

I didn’t actually point to anyone specifically, it was just a general “them”. You’re probably not a visigoth, if it makes you feel better. lol

What’s wrong with Visigoths, it looked like they knew how to have a laugh. I mean Sack Rome has always been on my bucket list, along with breed an army of killer rodents.

Posted by: Highlander.9860

Highlander.9860

All I can add is I have had excellent support from anet/ncsoft since inception of gw1 till now on gw2. Most problems arise out of not enough info sent when you open a ticket I have had from a few hours to max of a day to have a problem ratified .Keep up the good work support and GambGaming hope your friend will get the support he/she requires and a speedy recovery

Posted by: Kingdarkshadow.3175

Kingdarkshadow.3175

I got hacked again today (3rd time) I run malwarebytes and superantyspyware and they didn’t detected nothing… anyone can help me with this? I aleady went to security to allow only my ip address and mobile authenticator

the good thing was the hacker didn’t steal nothing cause I don’t have great stuff

Posted by: Codo.2860

Codo.2860

GW2 support is really good, I definitely agree!
Opened two technical tickets, got quick and useful answers.

marnick.4305

I got hacked again today (3rd time) I run malwarebytes and superantyspyware and they didn’t detected nothing… anyone can help me with this? I aleady went to security to allow only my ip address and mobile authenticator

the good thing was the hacker didn’t steal nothing cause I don’t have great stuff

Format c:\ is your best bet. Something is hidden somewhere and custom viri can’t be detected by any virusscan.

Posted by: billjenkins.5267

billjenkins.5267

Just curious, isn’t this the anet worker they had a big party door in like 2010 on gw1 that was leaving? Just saw the name and it raised some curiosity welcome back if you are.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Find a different computer that you know is safe. Overhaul all your passwords. Look into strong passphrases. http://xkcd.com/936/

On your current computer (the one you’re scanning like crazy):

Look into rootkit scanners. Hitman Pro, Emisoft Emergency Kit, Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit. Run these in Safe Mode. If you’ve picked up something that a regular anti-virus isn’t catching, then chances are it’s a rootkit. Anyways, since the info’s pretty general, this is only a suggestion and may or may not be the answer to your problem. You’ll only know when you try it

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle