Guilds are not being kept together

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I have yet to see a night when, as a mid sized guild, we go to the same map and are kept together. We find ourselves spread across multiple maps, even when there is obviously room for all of us on the same map.

Having to break parties, form up taxi parties and then break again to reform original parties is exhausting, not fun and really hurting things like guild missions, temple runs, zone mapping events, etc (all of the fun things we like to do as a guild).

I realize the technical limitations of keeping guilds together when they zone is probably daunting, but there has to be a better solution than using parties to taxi people into the same zone. Its especially troublesome with guild bounties, where we are already on timer.

At the very least, “right click to join in …” should not be limited to parties. If everyone could right click based on guild or friends lists, it would go a really long way toward fixing the problem and letting guild play together more reliably.

This really needs to be fixed ASAP. My guild is the main reason I play this game and not getting to play alongside them without jumping through hoops and aggravating steps is really demoralizing.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I have only seen this issue during world events where there are thousands of players which cause this multiple map gap.

Other than that, I have seen my guild members doing events outside of major ones with no issues.

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Several of my guildies are wishing for the “district” system that we have in GW1, but I’m not sure if it’s feasible. It would be great if it was, because that’s the only downside I see to the advent of megaservers.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Before anyone says shards or districts, that would be worst, or just as bad.

You couldn’t get everyone in 1 map because there wouldn’t be room.
Just what happens now, the system starts sending people to other maps when the current one reaches a certain limit.

You can’t have your own, for obvious reasons, and that’s pretty much it really.

The only “solution” is down the limit at which a new version is created, so when guilds start porting to a map there’s enough room, problem is it would make the maps more empty.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Several of my guildies are wishing for the “district” system that we have in GW1, but I’m not sure if it’s feasible. It would be great if it was, because that’s the only downside I see to the advent of megaservers.

Agreed. Everything else about the megaserver is a huge home run as far as I’m concerned. The game really feels alive.

Again, simply extending the “right click to join in …” to friends and guildees, rather than limiting it to parties, would probably alleviate every concern I have about this. Having to party for this is making it a real hassle.

Posted by: BuD.7851

BuD.7851

What’s the point to have a guild limit of 500 members when you can barely fit 1/4 of the roster into one map. Even worse with mega-guilds.

(edited by BuD.7851)

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

What’s the point to have a guild limit of 500 members when you can barely fit 1/4 of the roster into one map. Even worse with mega-guilds.

What, all 499 other members must follow the 1 person doing something?

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

Hi everyone,

Since we are receiving a lot of feedback about this topic, we are gathering it in dedicated threads. You are very welcome to repost your question, comments and concerns in this discussion.

Thank you for your understanding.