Gw2 still bad??

Gw2 still bad??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xerion.8014

Xerion.8014

I think the OP should go play HKO. Might suit you better.

Xerion The Fierced – #1 Ranger Extraordinary
“Beautiful, talented and unique.”
Velocity [VcY] – Somewhere roaming on Far Shiverpeaks

Gw2 still bad??

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I’m not sure if it’s still bad, I mean, I consider some games awesome which others don’t necessarily agree with me on (“Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness”, “Final Fantasy 4”, “Pokemon Y”, “Dragon Warrior 4”, “Eye of the Beholder 2: The Legend of Darkmoon”, “Ravenloft: Strahd’s Possession”…)

And then there are games I consider bad which other people really enjoy . . . like Final Fantasy 7.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Gw2 still bad??

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

“Eye of the Beholder 2: The Legend of Darkmoon”, “Ravenloft: Strahd’s Possession”…)

Haha .. i played those at least also. However my most favorite games at that time were
Wizardry 7 and Might & Magic 3-8

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Gw2 still bad??

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

The OP didn’t deserve any information just from the tone of the thread title.

._.

| Lithia |

Gw2 still bad??

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Gw2 still bad??

Posted by: Paponzi.1637

Paponzi.1637

It never was a bad game, so… no?

Gw2 still bad??

Posted by: tofumon.5924

tofumon.5924

The new trait system is terrible. Everything else is great but the new trait system means that the first 50 to 60 levels are a huge drag.

Gw2 still bad??

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

The new trait system is terrible. Everything else is great but the new trait system means that the first 50 to 60 levels are a huge drag.

I’m actually going thru a new character and don’t find it such a harsh change. Now if your only goal is to RUSH thru to LVL 80, then I can see the complaint because it’s certainly not as easy to do so (tho, with judicious choice of purchasing traits, it’s not really that much different).

The other problem I see is for a completely new player. The lack of SP scrolls and accumulated gold to purchase traits you need is a potential problem and not having FREE access to trait so you can FIND the ones you need is definitely a disadvantage.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Gw2 still bad??

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

I’m actually going thru a new character and don’t find it such a harsh change. Now if your only goal is to RUSH thru to LVL 80, then I can see the complaint because it’s certainly not as easy to do so (tho, with judicious choice of purchasing traits, it’s not really that much different).

The other problem I see is for a completely new player. The lack of SP scrolls and accumulated gold to purchase traits you need is a potential problem and not having FREE access to trait so you can FIND the ones you need is definitely a disadvantage.

I would argue that this change unfairly targets classes that relies on traits such as the mesmer

Gw2 still bad??

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Imo any of these ‘coming back to Guild Wars 2’ threads where they start off with something like “Is it still bad?” or “convince me to come back” are threads where the person doesn’t actually want to come back. The title shows their real opinion of the game.

In many cases they were expecting Guild Wars 1 Redux. The OP already said that Guild Wars 1 was the best mmo ever made.

His complaints:
He doesn’t like getting to level 80. – That’s still there.
No end game. – Not sure of his complaint there, Guild Wars 1 didn’t have a classic endgame either and that’s “the best mmo ever made”.
Didn’t like the crafting.- Still there, in fact it’s now level 500 for many crafts.
‘Boring classes’. – If they were boring then, they are boring now.
‘Insane server structure. (Gw1 districts ftw)’. – basic server structure is still the same.
Gem shop news.- no change.
Dumb login procedure. – hasn’t changed.
No level scaling according to him. – no change.
Support not responding to ticket. – He needs to read Not getting our Emails.
Empty servers. – ok. That is one thing that has changed with Megaservers.
Crashes. – he may need to contact support if he is having unexplained frequent crashes.

Truthfully, I don’t think OP will be happy in this game. Most of the things he dislikes are still here. OP asked, “Or just play gw1 – best mmo ever made”. I think he will be happiest there. This is not Guild Wars 1 remade. It’s a completely different game connected only by the lore. If you are not willing to accept it on its own terms but want gw1 with a new skin then it’s going to be a disappointment.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Gw2 still bad??

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

Imo any of these ‘coming back to Guild Wars 2’ threads where they start off with something like “Is it still bad?” or “convince me to come back” are threads where the person doesn’t actually want to come back. The title shows their real opinion of the game.

Exactly! There should always be a place for questions, criticism, and complaints, but any thread entitled “Gw2 still bad??” ought to be deleted without hesitation.

All I can think of is how if this thread were submitted to the GW2 subreddit, it would be swiftly deleted or downvoted to oblivion within minutes. I wish we could expect such standards here.

Anyone who is genuinely seeking information about the current state of the game should know how to respectfully ask questions about particular topics. Don’t post a hostile troll thread with a pointless list of complaints, then expect a helpful response.

OP, the only thing I have to say to you is if you so strongly despised the aspects of the game you mentioned, there is no amount of improvements that ArenaNet could bring that would change your mind. This game will never be GW1. Personally, I think you are off your nut on a lot of these issues, such as your baffling comments about “empty servers” and how classes/skills are “all almost same.” But if that is what you honestly feel, then you will not find anything different now — and if you think GW2 is a “grind,” then I would simply advise you to steer clear of the MMORPG genre in general. You aren’t going to have a good time.

(edited by Fyrebrand.4859)

Gw2 still bad??

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

Hello, I bought gw2 long long time ago. More specifically I preodered it. And I was very very very VERY disappointed with:
-crashes
-empty servers
-no end game
-grind all the time (80 lvls?? Come on in gw1 there were 20. I could hit max lvl in 3 hours. In gw2 its much much longer)
-crafting – also grind
-dumb login procedure (every time I had to login onto my mail, I still have to)
-support not responding for tickets
-Boring classes (skills – small amount and all almost same [deal x dmg] )
-5x Guardian team so op
-No level scalling (80lvl character in 30lvl area is still stronger than 30 lvl character there)
-Gem shop news all the time
-Insane server structure (gw1 districts ftw)

So my question is:
Is anything improved right now? Or I have to wait for Guild Wars 3?
Or just play gw1 – best mmo ever made.

Thanks For Answers.

Whine more, this game is simply not for you. Answering those questions won’t change your mind. Good luck…

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

Gw2 still bad??

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

So, have you stopped beating your wife?

That’s how the OP phrased his topic so is it even worth the effort to sway him? Are we just feeding an under the bridge dweller, playing into his hands?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Gw2 still bad??

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

GW1 wasn’t an MMO, developers of GW1 stated as such.

I wish people would remember this….

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Gw2 still bad??

Posted by: Sturmruger.3920

Sturmruger.3920

-empty servers- Megaservers

-no end game- I WvW. If you need dungeons, then probably not. This isnt Dungeon Wars

-grind all the time- I have 18 level 80s now. Dont feel it was a grind at all

-crafting – I saved mats from the beginning. Often craft my alts to level 80. No grind at all

-dumb login procedure- Really…this is just nitpicking here.

-support not responding for tickets- They have ALWAYS responded to mine. Feel this is stretching the truth a bit on your part

-Boring classes- If you find these classes boring, nothing can help you

-5x Guardian team so op-What game were you playing again?

-No level scalling-I often get aggravated that some of my leveling characters are better in the same zone than some of my 80s in exotic gear. No basis for this argument

-Gem shop news all the time- Some of us just cant get past the login screen I guess

-Insane server structure-This is the one point of your complaint I might have some common ground with you on. I dont like how the megaservers function. Its cool when out in the world doing events but I miss my home city.

In summary, the game is free forever once you pay for it up front. Why ask silly questions here when you could just try it out? The fact that youre still here in the forums indicate you have yet to find something that pleases you and from your many complaints you list here…I doubt you will. No the game is not perfect, but what is? I accept there are things about the game that I wish were different because the good outweighs the bad in my opinion. I am sorry you are so displeased with the game but do know that not everyone thinks the game is or ever was bad. Good luck on your quest.

Gw2 still bad??

Posted by: TheDraco.3965

TheDraco.3965

I see this forum is still filled with ridiculous logic as always.

You think a sequel to a game should be an extension or an improvement over the original? NAW I GUESS YOU JUST WANT GW 1.2 !!!

Here want to eat some of this dirt? No? Well I guess it just “isnt the food for you”.

Someone making legitimate criticisms about the game? Nope lets just poo poo them and call them “negative” as if that completely removes any point that was made.

Gw2 still bad??

Astral Projections.7320

You think a sequel to a game should be an extension or an improvement over the original? NAW I GUESS YOU JUST WANT GW 1.2 !!!

Here want to eat some of this dirt? No? Well I guess it just “isnt the food for you”.

Someone making legitimate criticisms about the game? Nope lets just poo poo them and call them “negative” as if that completely removes any point that was made.

Which legitimate criticism of the game did OP make? (Ones that are personal opinions and offer no constructive feedback, such as flat statements that the professions are boring, don’t count).

Gw2 still bad??

Posted by: TheDraco.3965

TheDraco.3965

Which legitimate criticism of the game did OP make? (Ones that are personal opinions and offer no constructive feedback, such as flat statements that the professions are boring, don’t count).

-no end game
-grind all the time
-crafting

These are all points beaten like a dead horse for some time now that go ignored. I can expand
1. There are virtually no high effort high reward content in the game.
2. All of the end content revolves around grinding ascended/legendary and cosmetics, the only way of doing said grinding is low effort extremely low reward content.
3. The constant nerfing of farming, no more champion runs, NO MORE DYE DROPS (desperate grab for peoples money from lion chest keys).

Gw2 still bad??

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

And then there’s you.

Gw2 still bad??

Astral Projections.7320

-no end game
-grind all the time
-crafting

These are all points beaten like a dead horse for some time now that go ignored. I can expand
2. All of the end content revolves around grinding ascended/legendary and cosmetics, the only way of doing said grinding is low effort extremely low reward content.
3. The constant nerfing of farming, no more champion runs, NO MORE DYE DROPS (desperate grab for peoples money from lion chest keys).

No end game- they said at the start that there was no end game. If you buy a game that advertises itself like this then you can hardly fault them for it. Not a legitimate complaint.
Crafting- personal opinion. I like the crafting in this game. Our two opinions cancel out.
Grind- personal opinion. I like the type of grind in this game. Our two opinions cancel out.

I asked you what legitimate complaint did OP have. You have yet to answer.

Edit: it’s reset now. Time for me to go play this “bad game”.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Gw2 still bad??

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

1. crashes. This is likely the fault of your computer or internet connection, not arenanet.
2. empty servers. So join a guild. At any rate, megaserver fixed this a long time ago
3. no end game. -shrug-
4. grind all the time. Haha are you kidding? Have you ever played an MMO besides Guild Wars 1? In most of them, it takes months or years to hit max level. With Guild Wars 2, you can do it in a few days.
5. crafting– also grind. I’ll agree here, I think crafting is lame. But guess what? It’s voluntary and you don’t have to do it for anything.
6. dumb login procedure (every time I had to login onto my mail, I still have to). So hit “Remember this network” and you won’t have to do this. Takes 2 seconds.
7. support not responding for tickets. Support has responded to all of my tickets promptly. Perhaps you aren’t being patient?
8.Boring classes (skills – small amount and all almost same [deal x dmg] ). The classes aren’t the same at all. Seems to me like you gave up too soon to learn them
9. 5x Guardian team so op. Not really. Again, sounds like you didn’t take time to learn the classes.
10. No level scalling. There is level scaling, but no it isn’t ideal.
11. Gem shop news all the time. So what? The gem shop is voluntary. If you don’t want to buy, ignore it.
12.Insane server structure (gw1 districts ftw). “Insane server structure” does nothing to explain what you think is wrong. As such, I can give you no response except, servers seem okay to me.

Gw2 still bad??

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

-no end game
-grind all the time
-crafting

Endgame – I remember, but I cant find it anymore, that Anet stated there’s no endgame. They want/like that even low lvl zones be scalable to max lvl, they do this via dynamic level scaling i.e. downleveling and in times, upleveling: wvw, living story, etc). Also, Anet mentioned pseudo endgame for horizontal development rather than vertical (i.e. no constant grind for BiS every certain month). Then Anet also gave FotM for those who live vertical progression.

Grind All The Time – purely subjective. Again, I remember Anet mentioning that “grind” is about leveling. I play Wildstar, eew, leveling grind is indeed a grind. I also played other Korean MMO, and man, do I need to always buy XP bonus stuff just to get a few percent of XP after several hours of mindlessly killing the same mob again and again and again. If you meant gear? Some grind is indeed needed, but it’s not like you need BiS to complete most of the content of the game. I even saw a Liadri video being defeated naked. I have seen dungeon done solo. I, myself, solo Champion naked.

Crafting – O.o why would this bad? The only thing I can think of is the forced crafting to get an Ascended, but like I said above, you can get away doing contents with just rares. Exotic would be awesome, and Ascended is unless you’re that one who always do top level fractals.

1. Depends on your definition of high effort/high reward. Making my legendary fits this, it may not fit yours, but it fits mine. Which is my point: subjective. Some people consider reaching a certain title/achievement point as their high effort/high reward (i.e achieving title etc) but others (like me) don’t even care about it.

2. If you’re the type who always like to be top/best, you end up in two areas: gets bored coz you attained everything, or quits coz you cant get to your goal. And assuming Anet made WB drops ascended 100% of the time, I foresee that some will complain “I am not special snowflake anymore, everything so easy, everyone has ascended, nothing to do in game. I have everything, all I do is afk in town”. So your wish was granted, but broke others. Either way, Anet can’t please everyone 100% so you just have either enjoy what you like, ignore what you dont like, or make a suggestion to Anet. If the dislike > likes, time to move on. I practice this myself, knowing no game will fit my likes 100%, coz there’s not perfect game!

3. Nerf Champ awww (you mean Queensdale?). You know people still farm Frostgorge right? Or that there was a Boss Blitz champ farm? Or that Drytop Champ farm is the “thing” lately? Or that Plinx train and other trains in Orr exist for t6 bags farm? And you can still do farm at Southsun. Except, maybe you dont like those, maybe you like Queensdale champ only because it’s freakin easy. In that case, I have seen Kessex Hills champ farm as well, and in rare instances, Gendarran champ farm.

As for No more dye drops, aww. Dye Drop isn’t something that’ll make me feel really bad. Sure there are people who absolutely love it, but I’m not one of those and I know many who dont too. But what I’m saying is, removal of this drop is not gamebreaking at least for me. Sure maybe if you’re making the legendary that depends on it, then yeah you could say that, but all you need is patience to get it if it’s indeed what you need/want. Like I said, if your dislike > like, it’s time to move on. Personally, dye drop isn’t going to sway me off.

TL;DR: maybe this game is not for you. If you decide to stay, I hope you find what you’re looking for. If you are quittting/have quit, I would appreciate if you can send me some of your stuff. I accept donations, even your trash =)

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

Gw2 still bad??

Posted by: Stormdancer.4972

Stormdancer.4972

Terrible game, worst ever, stick with GW1.