Gwynefyrdd, the Halloween miniature

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

I know someone who opened nearly 2 stacks and got both ZuZu and the mini wolf, while i heard about someone opening 470K bags and not getting anything, no i didn’t write the number wrong

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

RNG at his finest.

Posted by: Vladimer.7051

Vladimer.7051

Yeah but on a account bound mini. Give me a break ;(

Posted by: Nannabie.6943

Nannabie.6943

Yeah or not. I have already invested 600g in bags I am not doing this anymore.

I will not be purchasing gems with real money anymore for the minis.

They need to realize so many people spent 50$ on gems to get the mini mr sparkles
To complete a collection.

If they want to continue the revenue stream with minis they need to have a fix for this.

I also feel stupid that i bought so many minis for gems i like minis and it looks like we are not getting this little wolf
- i will never buy minis again for gems – same as you.

Posted by: Nannabie.6943

Nannabie.6943

I know someone who opened nearly 2 stacks and got both ZuZu and the mini wolf, while i heard about someone opening 470K bags and not getting anything, no i didn’t write the number wrong

470k :O

Shame on u Anet this is what gw2 players have 2 deal with

Posted by: TPenny.5071

TPenny.5071

Guild leader opened 1.12 million bags and finally got it :P

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

Is this the kind of ‘fun’ you want players to have, collecting things, Anet?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

he must have used a macro to open all of those

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

papry.8096

I hope he did.

Posted by: TPenny.5071

TPenny.5071

… or a very sore finger.
Side note / suggestion: Right click “Consume All”

Attachments:

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

One million bags is 4000 full stacks. Opening 5 bags every second would take 55 and a half hours (not counting breaks). These fish tales are getting bigger all the time.

I do believe they’ve reverted to their old horrid RNG methods, and that’s all I need to know to avoid even trying to get an incorporeal mutt.

EDIT: I did some quick Googling. Depending on the type of switch used, I found claims of anywhere from less than one million to a manufacturer’s claim of 8 million mouse button clicks before the mechanism dies.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

(edited by Hamfast.8719)

Posted by: Kronos.3695

Kronos.3695

Ok, I got some numbers from friends and I’ll say it: this RNG isn’t ok.
On about 1 million bags over 6 players, only one managed to find a single (account bound) minipet.

I’m an achiever AND a minipet collector (268/272 atm) and I find this way to give out minis real unfair: you gave Mini Mr. Sparkles away next year with a 50€ gems purchase and Mini Llama on random events and random people who will probably throw them away on ebay.

And now this.
I know many minipet collectors all upset since the “Mini Mr. Sparkles raging” leaving the collections (so NOT giving to you money via gemstore) and many wondering now to do the same, after realizing the existance of an account minipet almost impossibile to find.

Please, let us know what are you planning to do on the droprate, it’s insane for the 99.99% of the players, and since you’re caring mostly on casuals than veterans, you should review what you’ve done with this loot table.

Regards,
Kronos.

Kronos Ledaloth, Leader of Bloodstone Keepers [BloS] - Far Shiverpeaks (EU)

YouTube Channel

Posted by: Impale.2503

Impale.2503

Opened 1.12m bags, and got:

1 Gwynefrydd
1 Black Necklace
2 Green Necklaces
3 Endless Batwing Tonics
2 Gift of Spiders
71 Zuzus
13,5k Wrappers (approx)
3 Legendary Luck

so assuming the necklaces, bat tonics, legendary luck, gifts and Gwynefrydd are on the same loot table, it was probably just bad luck on my side.

But hey, finally got it

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom – Guild Leader
The Rise – The Murder – The Gravity – The Ghostly

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

Well, after reading this thread I know one thing; I’m not going to waste a lot of effort on trying to get this mini. TBH, I’m not particularly a cat person anyhow. :P I’m going to direct my efforts toward more attainable things – the 20-slot Halloween pail, for example, which is 3 cobs each, and which I really need since 20-slot bags generally go for 15-20 gold on the TP, or Zuzu, which is 12 cobs (if it doesn’t turn up as a drop in one of the bags). I already got the Candy Corn, Ghost Carlotta, and Bloody Prince minis with the proceeds I’ve amassed so far from Labyrinth runs, as well as the recipe for Maize Balm.

EDIT/UPDATE: For the record, I got Zuzu as one of last night’s drops from the ToT bags. So now, I have all the minis I can reasonably hope to get from this year’s festival and I can save my cobs for the Halloween pails

(edited by joe.7684)

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

yeah im not buying mini’s from gem store anymore either

Vladimer.7051

Well not sure if I should congratulate you or scream my head off.

So congrats to you.!

Malediktus.9250

One million bags is 4000 full stacks. Opening 5 bags every second would take 55 and a half hours (not counting breaks). These fish tales are getting bigger all the time.

I do believe they’ve reverted to their old horrid RNG methods, and that’s all I need to know to avoid even trying to get an incorporeal mutt.

EDIT: I did some quick Googling. Depending on the type of switch used, I found claims of anywhere from less than one million to a manufacturer’s claim of 8 million mouse button clicks before the mechanism dies.

With a macro you can easily open a stack every 5 seconds.

papry.8096

Opened 1.12m bags, and got:

1 Gwynefrydd
1 Black Necklace
2 Green Necklaces
3 Endless Batwing Tonics
2 Gift of Spiders
71 Zuzus
13,5k Wrappers (approx)
3 Legendary Luck

so assuming the necklaces, bat tonics, legendary luck, gifts and Gwynefrydd are on the same loot table, it was probably just bad luck on my side.

But hey, finally got it

Okay that’s no mini/gem/etc stop for me until this is fixed.
Thank you and congrat.

(edited by papry.8096)

Malediktus.9250

Yes, the droprate looks beyond silly. Based on that data it might be 1 in 1m chance to get it. Maybe Anet added 3 zeroes too much to the drop chance?

Impale.2503

Yes, the droprate looks beyond silly. Based on that data it might be 1 in 1m chance to get it. Maybe Anet added 3 zeroes too much to the drop chance?

TBH, the way it felt is every 100kish bags a loot table would trigger with a chance of either one of the necklaces, batwing, gwynefrydd, gifts, or leg. luck. it only happened 10 times but it was fairly consistant.

So my guess would be that said loot table with these 7 items is a 1/100k chance, which isn’t that bad.

If that is the case, to fix it they could simply remove items off this loot table to the Zuzu/Endless Tonic/Exo Recepie one, which would give an overall higher chance of getting gwynefrydd or the necklaces, leaving the account bound items on it only.

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

kinda sad how rare it is coz you just know Anet are gonna make it common next year after all the complaints abut rarity and RNG from folk who tried to get it this year and failed
ultimately its all the early adopters who get punished you spend 2-500gp trying to get one now only for everyone to get it for a handful of candy next year
don’t believe me? you only need to look at Anets decision making when it comes to bloody prince thorn mini pet from the previous year
honestly i dono how Anet can claim that this is a casual game when they try to push things like this on us
of course I’m sure some fanboy will jump in and defend Anets honer and say its just a mini pet it dosnt mean anything but clearly it dose to some players or they wouldn’t be wasting all there gold on ToT bags

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

Completely agree with you

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Never even heard of a ‘black’ and ‘green’ necklace. Guess I won’t be getting that wolf either. But, in all liklihood, we’ll be able to buy him next year with some corn cobs.

If this year is any indication.

Gone to Reddit.

Vladimer.7051

Any update gaile ?

Posted by: Kronos.3695

Kronos.3695

Yes, we’d like to have information about it, maybe on how you’re going to move on this issue (yes, a 1/100000 droprate is an issue) and fix to drop rate to let most of the players get this mini.

It’s all about playerbase, you must know that since I’m following you since 2005 on guildwarsguru

Thanks.

Kronos Ledaloth, Leader of Bloodstone Keepers [BloS] - Far Shiverpeaks (EU)

YouTube Channel

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

Shame on them for making this pet – which btw isn’t even that good – this rare. Typical bad game design as usual.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

Posted by: Supreme.4051

Supreme.4051

Megis.9264

There’s really no comparison. The polar bear doesn’t come from clicking millions of bags, and can be traded with other players.

Impale.2503

I do find most of the reactions funny. This being a mini pet and not a useful resource coming from what is so far the most rewarding content to date.
Trick or Treat bags give an insane amount of rewards – luck, dragonite, fragments, dust, etc. – more than any other reward system so far.
There is ONE rare item you can get through this, probably implemented as a funny little reward, that happens to be a mini – cough, mini polar bear, cough – and instead of looking at it as a nice extra, some people are just not willing to accept that, and going for a “I want it now for a maximum of 2 hours of game play invested”.
Next time before you complain about that, think about the fractal tonic, which has close to the same drop rate, is time gated, comes from a much less rewarding and far more time consuming content.
If we are going to act in a very spoiled way each time something nice rare and cosmetic is added, let’s start by the beginning, shall we?

Megis.9264

I would hardly call clicking millions of bags ‘gameplay’….

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I think this minipet just shouldnt exist at all, its just a cheap reskin of that wolf minipet that you can get for 75 laurels.
This, or it should become alot more achieveable by like having to pay 50 corncobs or so, which makes it at least a reachable goal, that is valuable and will most likely become this way buyable next year, like Naet made the prince and that Spider thankfully this year buyable through the loot you get from the ToT bags very quickly

Plus Anet should remove the account binding and make them sellable in the TP just like Zuzu.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think this minipet just shouldnt exist at all, its just a cheap reskin of that wolf minipet that you can get for 75 laurels.
This, or it should become alot more achieveable by like having to pay 50 corncobs or so, which makes it at least a reachable goal, that is valuable and will most likely become this way buyable next year, like Naet made the prince and that Spider thankfully this year buyable through the loot you get from the ToT bags very quickly

Plus Anet should remove the account binding and make them sellable in the TP just like Zuzu.

The Price was always available by trading Candy Corn Cobs, they just dropped the number required from 20 to 6.

I really don’t understand why they don’t add this one to the vendor too. They could set the cost as high as they like, but it would put a cap on how many times you have to open bags to get it. At the moment we’ve got some people opening 400 and getting one, and others opening several thousand and getting nothing.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

As veteran players you all mean nothing to Anet, so no point crying over broken rng. It doesn’t matter wheter you’ve spent $10 or $10.000 to the gemstore. “Thanks for the money, find another game.” This should have been, and is, apparent on every update after launching the game in China.

I’ve opened 3-4 stacks and gotten one Zuzu and one endless tonic.

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

It’s called being a collector, Impale.

Nothing should only be obtainable through near impossible odds using RNG-based mechanics.
I’m all for minis being aquired through skill and/or gold. But not this RNG based bullkitten.

And worse of all, it’s not even trade-able. Some people get it within the first few stacks and don’t even want it, while others have invested thousands of gold to obtain it and still fall short. It’s ridiculous.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Impale.2503

Nothing should only be obtainable through near impossible odds using RNG-based mechanics.
I’m all for minis being aquired through skill and/or gold. But not this RNG based bullkitten.

And worse of all, it’s not even trade-able. Some people get it within the first few stacks and don’t even want it, while others have invested thousands of gold to obtain it and still fall short. It’s ridiculous.

And thanks to Maize Balms and the vendor staying all year round you will still be able to get it, it will just be done over time, like our own personal struggle with the Fractal Tonics in KING, for nearly a full year now.

So get your patient pants on, stop the QQ, farm the lab, get the maize balm recepie, stock on them and get the slow process going on, i can guarantee you will get it before i get my tonic, even as an Uber Casual.

So smile, Zomorros loves you

Megis.9264

Yes, one maize balm a day will get us there, after opening tens of thousands of bags didn’t do it.

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

And thanks to Maize Balms and the vendor staying all year round you will still be able to get it, it will just be done over time, like our own personal struggle with the Fractal Tonics in KING, for nearly a full year now.

So get your patient pants on, stop the QQ, farm the lab, get the maize balm recepie, stock on them and get the slow process going on, i can guarantee you will get it before i get my tonic, even as an Uber Casual.

Yes, I think you being an uber casual is precisely why you can’t understand why there are so many (justified) QQ posts.

I’d be happier if the mini was on sale for a thousand gold. At least then I wouldn’t be mindlessly opening trick-or-treat bags in hopes of getting the mini that may never come.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Impale.2503

Yes, one maize balm a day will get us there, after opening tens of thousands of bags didn’t do it.

Still better than one 49/50 a day

Impale.2503

Yes, I think you being an uber casual is precisely why you can’t understand why there are so many (justified) QQ posts.

My 5,4k hours played, complete legendary collection, world first fractal 50, king tournament organizing, full 85 ar all classes, holy quinity with stat cap infusions, etc, etc, are so casual, i’m sorry.

I’m not as pro at dailies and minis like you

I hope i will be some day!

Megis.9264

Well over 30k bags later, no Mini Gwynefyrdd.

But at least I have enough Toilet Paper to last 10 generations.

Posted by: Akuni.8604

Akuni.8604

My 5,4k hours played, complete legendary collection, world first fractal 50, king tournament organizing, full 85 ar all classes, holy quinity with stat cap infusions, etc, etc, are so casual, i’m sorry.

No one cares how much stuff you did and how much time you put into the game. There will always be different kinds of people playing this game which have less time and let’s say don’t value AR that much than you.

Saying those don’t deserve something is seriously self entitled and you should reconsider your way of thinking. Everyone deserves a fair shot at something, no matter if they play 2 hours a day max or 24/7.

Also, if you keep your replies to stupid memes then just do us a favor and stop posting at all. I think I don’t have to remind you of the forum rules which you agreed on, eh? Your posts are a prime exapmle of “against the rules”.

Back to the topic, there are (Except for like 3 people) only people here who share the mindset of “this Mini droprate is way too low”. I think that should be indication enough for the devs to get back and take a look at the ToT bags this year. It was stated that festival releases should be about having fun and relaxing between the LS releases – The current grinding needed for part of the event right now doesn’t fit with that statement at all.
Also I might want to add that GW is pretty dang old right now and follows principles of MMO “gameplay” which have been long overhauled since then because of how much fun (That’s sarcasm btw) they are. Current MMOs don’t value RNG even close to that amount right now and as GW2 is happening right now it shouldn’t either. Clinging to “it’s the same as in GW so it’s fine” doesn’t help anyone. Especially not the minors that are allowed to play this game (USK 12 here).

Impale.2503

No one cares how much stuff you did and how much time you put into the game. There will always be different kinds of people playing this game which have less time and let’s say don’t value AR that much than you.

Saying those don’t deserve something is seriously self entitled and you should reconsider your way of thinking. Everyone deserves a fair shot at something, no matter if they play 2 hours a day max or 24/7.

Also, if you keep your replies to stupid memes then just do us a favor and stop posting at all. I think I don’t have to remind you of the forum rules which you agreed on, eh? Your posts are a prime exapmle of “against the rules”.

Back to the topic, there are (Except for like 3 people) only people here who share the mindset of “this Mini droprate is way too low”. I think that should be indication enough for the devs to get back and take a look at the ToT bags this year. It was stated that festival releases should be about having fun and relaxing between the LS releases – The current grinding needed for part of the event right now doesn’t fit with that statement at all.
Also I might want to add that GW is pretty dang old right now and follows principles of MMO “gameplay” which have been long overhauled since then because of how much fun (That’s sarcasm btw) they are. Current MMOs don’t value RNG even close to that amount right now and as GW2 is happening right now it shouldn’t either. Clinging to “it’s the same as in GW so it’s fine” doesn’t help anyone. Especially not the minors that are allowed to play this game (USK 12 here).

You guys call yourselves collectors, put in the effort, don’t start complaining after 5 days when the said mini will be here all year round, and don’t act so spoiled an entitled.

But hey i’m just an uber casual, what do i know, right?

Sorry for hurting your feelings mate <3

Megis.9264

So… You’re saying opening tens of thousands to millions of bags isn’t effort, when others open a stack and get it?

Impale.2503

So… You’re saying opening tens of thousands to millions of bags isn’t effort, when others open a stack and get it?

I am saying it is an effort, and a time/money/effort investment that i put in, i just don’t get why people complain after opening 10 stacks or so is all.

papry.8096

Impale; how would you react if all precursors where account bound at drop and still have ridiculous droprate ?

Vladimer.7051

The main matter is not only is the drop rate extremly low it’s the fact that a RNG mini is account bound. It should be trade able as well for some that are not so lucky to get it via bags.

I see you are a legendary collector, what if precursors became soul bound on finding.

Posted by: Akuni.8604

Akuni.8604

I am saying it is an effort, and a time/money/effort investment that i put in, i just don’t get why people complain after opening 10 stacks or so is all.

People open over thousands of bags (And I did too) and there’s still the chance to get nothing because apparently the droprate is below a precousors. No one acts spoiled and entiled here except for a few exceptions who think this stuff is okay (Get the hint) – They are simply staying realistic.

Look at Liadri: She was obtainable twice so far and yet not everyone runs around with her. Why? Because you did need some strategy and skill to get her. That’s exactly how those things should be gated – You should show some skill in fighting/jumpingpuzzles or whatnot. Not as is being “one of the lucky ones”.

The main matter is not only is the drop rate extremly low it’s the fact that a RNG mini is account bound. It should be trade able as well for some that are not so lucky to get it via bags.

I see you are a legendary collector, what if precursors became soul bound on finding.

That exactly. That’s why people are upset – And they are right about being upset.

(edited by Akuni.8604)

Impale.2503

Impale; how would you react if all precursors where account bound at drop and still have ridiculous droprate ?

I’d reactr exactly like i’m reacting to the fractal tonic, meh, farm it every day and call it my daily dose of dissapointement but keep up with it and be consistant – some day i’ll get it and i’ll be even more satisfied because of the time it took.

But u’d have a fractal weapon skin type of issue, getting precursors that you don’t want – for ex. The Legend when you only play war/theif – and that is what would make me upset, not the RnG accountbound part, i deal with that every day with FotM.

This game is based on ridiculous RnG anyways, its really nothing new to me.

papry.8096

Well you play in fractal, you doesn’t open thousand of bag.

Megis.9264

At least in fractals, and running around looking for precursors, you’re actually playing the game, getting exp and a whole slew of other things.
This is just clicking bags with no end in sight.

Well, except the bottom of your coin-purse, and whenever the RSI becomes unbearable.