Gwynefyrdd, the Halloween miniature

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

Opened over 3,000 bags and still no Gwynefyrdd. No Zuzu, and no endless tonic. I’m going to open 1,000 bags per day until I get this mini.

Posted by: The Art of Killing.8643

The Art of Killing.8643

I should be around 2 million bags opened if not more. My hands are aching. Thank god i have my brother to help me out with the clicking all the time. Got 2 zuzus and 3 tonics (the cheap ones that cost 3g now). Should have recycled by know at least 1.5k gold (buying and selling and some crafting here and there to get the losses back [never held in my pocket that amount of gold hence the recycle]) and no Gwynefyrdd. Whats obnoxious is that people get them after 40-100 or 250 even bags and people that opened 10 and 100’s of thousands get nothing. Don’t get me wrong if you got it that fast gratz but the system is ridiculous. Gwynefyrdd in my opinion should be dropable from the bags like it is even with the same low chances but at least be able to sell it on the TP especially that in 1 week all the Trick or Treat Bags will skyrocket in price. Am saving gold each day to finally be able to buy mini karka. None would mind buying Gwynefyrdd however high the price is but being account bound is laughable.

Posted by: wylk.9612

wylk.9612

I just hit my self-imposed limit… 100,000 ToT bags opened… no Gwynefyrdd.

Not feeling amazingly lucky right now, but it’s not unexpected. The RNG gods don’t usually favour me – every other exotic mini (ho-ho-tron, watchwork moa, etc) I’ve had to buy off the TP since they never dropped for me.

On the bright side, my magic find has now boosted itself to a base of 250%

Now I just have to see if I break and start opening bags again _

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Posssible Solution:

make it buyable from the merchant for one of the ACCOUNTBOUND things that drop from ToT bags ONLY

like Toilet paper / Rotten eggs
—> maybe 250 of it +50 candy corn cobs?
(or more expensive so people who already opened insane amount of tot bags dont feel so cheated xD)

then it still requires at least like 5000 bags and quite some gold to get it but you know you will get it at around that amount of bags

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: Zakx.3824

Zakx.3824

I don’t remember if i ever posted on this forum, i’m an avid lurker btw, and playing the game since 2 weeks after headstart, took some breaks from it, but overall it’s been worth my money.
I’m one of those unlucky guys that opened over 100k bags and didnt see this kitten pet drop, and i don’t want to look like a whiny kid that didnt get his most wanted toy, but this is totally ridicolous.
I can understand the recycled content, i’m ok with that, halloween is my favourite seasonal for the scenery, the feeling of running around in a darker LA or the pvp lobby. Someone posted in another thread about the devaluation of the older rewards aka prince pet and carlotta, but that was a step in the right direction imo, even if the older price was still not so crazy.
Two interesting things have been added anyway compared to last year, the new amulets and gwyn. Let’s not talk about the idiocy of adding the necklace AS EXOTICS ONLY, and with preset stats, when pretty much everyone can get his ascended amulet in a couple of weeks of dailies.
Let’s talk about the ridicolous drop rate of both.
On my 100k+ bags i found about 20kittens, 1 gift of the moon, 1 endless bat tonic, 6 endless halloween tonics, and a lot of recipes.
Now, i’m not angry because i didnt find a single necklace. One day i might still buy the jewel from the TP for a stupid high amoun of gold, and i’m fine with it. I’m fine with grinding for something i know i can acquire one way or another.
I’m not angry for the money i wasted. Money comes easy with playing the game.
What i cant tolerate it’s the insulting low drop rate of an account bound pet that cannot be acquired in any other way than opening bags that can be acquired for a short time span.
Someone posted before than the average over the small sample of datas we have is 1 gwyn over 82k bags opened.
I farmed some lab too during these days, and an average good run awards about 150 bags (not counting the additional rewards of viscount/lich daily chests). So the average lucky person, to have the average chance to get his wanted reward, will have to farm bags pretty much 24h x 10 days. Ofc bags will stay even after the event, for a price that will be most likely high. Im not the guy that WANTS IT NOW AND MUST HAVE IT NOW. I’m the guy that WANTS IT, and works towards it, juggling life, works and hobbies.
I’m fine with terrible RNG coupled with the TP chances to get what i want. I own 6 legendaries, and got all my precursors with forging over those 2 years. Some took a lot more tries than others, but i knew that if i wanted i could still stop gambling and took the TP road. I bought gems during those 2 years, most of the times to buy some cosmetics, very few to convert to golds, but never to gamble.
Hiding rewards under terrible drop rates is a bad way to entertain a player base, and i hope Anet understand this sooner or later. And it’s also a terrible way to sell gems, that looks like the only important thing for this company, considering how little is been added into the game (dont fool me with some minor changes that should have been into a 2012 mmorpg since the headstart) or FIXED. Most of the new content is gemstore content, and it’s ok untill you can convert gold to gems. The conversion change they tried to impose started a s**tstorm so big over the web they had to retreat quickly, but still the direction the game has taken is really not promising

eidt:sorry for any grammar mistake, english is not my mother tongue

(edited by Zakx.3824)

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

6750 bags total now.

Still no mini.
All I can say is that this mini is on par with Miniature Polar Bear from Guild Wars 1,with the exception that you will not get insta-rich when you get it,actually,probably you will be a few hundred poorer

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

6750 bags total now.

Still no mini.
All I can say is that this mini is on par with Miniature Polar Bear from Guild Wars 1,with the exception that you will not get insta-rich when you get it,actually,probably you will be a few hundred poorer

And on the other side you don’t have the option of buying it.

I never even came close to having enough money for the mini polar bear (the one I saw for sale the asking price was 250 ambraces) but the fact that I could in theory save up and buy one made me feel a lot less frustrated about the drop rate because I knew I had an alternative.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

Let’s make a limited time account bound mini with a precursor drop rate!

If this isn’t korean MMO tactics then idk what is. I think I’d have more fun working as a chinese WoW gold farmer than trying to get this mini.

I opened a few thousand bags, didn’t get anything. I don’t know how you can all stand clicking 24/7. This is GW2 end game content LOL

Back to Rift… gotta play that new expansion

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

Posted by: Impale.2503

Impale.2503

For reaserch purpose i kept opening bags, got my 2nd Gwynefrydd after a little less than 100k

NB: Had to keep sexy cyb0rz in chat private :p

Attachments:

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom – Guild Leader
The Rise – The Murder – The Gravity – The Ghostly

Posted by: mpd.2819

mpd.2819

Hmm. I left WoW, and took my wallet with me, because of ridiculously low drop rates on holiday cosmetic items…
It almost seems like there’s supposed to be a second way to get her. Has anyone tried tossing the 4 vendor minis in the mystic forge?

Posted by: Eisenhamster.1473

Eisenhamster.1473

Thank you A-Net

No Wolf after 230k bags.
No more gold….
hope Grenth will come for you as soon as possible.

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

I am holding off on opening any more bags until Anet fixes the drop rate. I haven’t opened 10’s of thousands of bags like some people but I have yet to see a decent drop from the bags I have opened. Even if I believe some people are exaggerating the amount of bags they have opened I do believe the drop rate seems a little low for an account bound mini. They have increased drop rates before so I would expect to see them change this in the next few days.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I think this Mini will be the last straw for me as a miniature collector
Just too many things went wrong
- devaluation of set 1-3 minis by allowing to forge BLC and dragon bash minis
- Mr Sparkles and Llama mini
- making event minis less special by rereleasing them out of season
- putting living story S1 minis into the laurel vendor
- devaluation of Carlotta and Prince Thorn
- downgrading the graphics of some minis
- now this RNG horror with like 1 in a million chance

It just feels like too much for me to continue enjoying collecting these minis.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Kronos.3695

Kronos.3695

I think this Mini will be the last straw for me as a miniature collector
Just too many things went wrong
- devaluation of set 1-3 minis by allowing to forge BLC and dragon bash minis
- Mr Sparkles and Llama mini
- making event minis less special by rereleasing them out of season
- putting living story S1 minis into the laurel vendor
- devaluation of Carlotta and Prince Thorn
- downgrading the graphics of some minis
- now this RNG horror with like 1 in a million chance

It just feels like too much for me to continue enjoying collecting these minis.

Well, I’m with you on that if they won’t take a step back on this one, and I guess I’ll stop buying anything from the gemstore.
Wondering that I could have sold all special minis for more than 10k gold…

Kronos Ledaloth, Leader of Bloodstone Keepers [BloS] - Far Shiverpeaks (EU)

YouTube Channel

Posted by: Vladimer.7051

Vladimer.7051

I wish I would have known that they were going to RNG a account Bound Mini.

I would have sold off all my minis. Please allow us to un-Bind Our un-complete collection so we can sell them off.

Vladimer.7051

Also refund on the real money I have spent to complete my mini collection.

Posted by: AkioFallstar.5460

AkioFallstar.5460

So they added something rare in the game… something -very- difficult to get.

And because you want it and haven’t gotten it yet/don’t have a high chance of getting one to complete a collection that -you- specifically care about… you want the company that you’ve been spending money on to refund you?

That’s a little like demanding a refund on your car a month after you bought it because they just released cup holders you can’t afford.

And yes, I know the analogy isn’t perfect. I suppose a better one would have had to do with a car’s paint job and them releasing a new colour.

It’s late. Sue me.

Kaede Varr
Writer at Chronicles of Tyria
The Covenant of the Mourn [TEAR] and Powertrip [POW]

Vladimer.7051

I could always sell the car and purchase a new one. Un less the new car was RNG and I really want the black one. The black one is rare and there is 0.00000000000000001% chance of getting it. So I guess I will continue to buy new cars until I get the black one.

Kronos.3695

And because you want it and haven’t gotten it yet/don’t have a high chance of getting one to complete a collection that -you- specifically care about… you want the company that you’ve been spending money on to refund you?

That’s a little like demanding a refund on your car a month after you bought it because they just released cup holders you can’t afford.

And yes, I know the analogy isn’t perfect. I suppose a better one would have had to do with a car’s paint job and them releasing a new colour.

It’s late. Sue me.

What about…no?
There isn’t anything rare, ‘cause RNG doesn’t equal to Rare.
You can open one single bag in the whole event and get it.
You can open 200k bags in the whole event and don’t get it.
It’s rare? No, it’s freaking random.

YouTube Channel

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

This isn’t difficult to get, only impossible for people with no luck.

Malediktus.9250

It’s late. Sue me.

Since when does RNG = difficult?

They ruined Mini Prince Thorn because apparently 20k Candy Corn was too hard to get for people and create something 1000x worse.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

It’s late. Sue me.

Since when does RNG = difficult?

They ruined Mini Prince Thorn because apparently 20k Candy Corn was too hard to get for people and create something 1000x worse.

THIS x1000

ZERO LOGIC from anet there

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

How about letting me trade my (useless) 3000, mad king finishers and my 3000 scarecrow finishers for the mini? or what about the <20,000 stacks of ascended materials i have gotten from the bags.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

So far I’ve opened 5000/50,000 bags. Nearing the 5000th bag I got ONE Zuzu.

People weren’t joking when it physically hurts to click so much.. uhg. I’ll be opening them in lots (5k at a time) but it’ll be over the process of a few days as I’m working quite a lot this week.

Hoping to snag a Gwynefyrdd… heck, how do you even pronounce that word? Haha.

Welsh
Goo – unn – eh – feerth

Of course, this is from a company that uses Gaelic names for one of its races and makes no attempt to pronounce those correctly. So just call it Bob.

(edited by Sariel V.7024)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I read through this thread to get caught up, and there seem to be a few questions that I can address:

• The miniature is extremely rare, it’s true. But the drop is random, which accounts for one person getting a pooch in a few hundred bags and someone else not getting it after opening several thousand.
  • One of our statisticians just checked the drop rate, and there is no error in the drop rate — it truly is dropping as designed.
  • Diminishing Returns do not apply to ToT Bags. I mean, phew! I read that question and my blood ran cold, but I felt sure — and the designer confirmed — that DR is not a factor with the Trick-or-Treat bags. Open 1, open 100, the drop rate is not impacted by diminishing returns.
  • I’ve passed along your suggestions. I believe that changes are not planned or even possible for this year’s event. What happens in future events — whether Gwynefyrdd will return — is not yet on the radar. Again, your thoughts and suggestions have been shared and I know that the devs do listen to your input. But what actually takes place in 2015 and beyond is not yet established.

I also want to say that I’d love nothing more than to have Gwynefyrdd for myself. One comment here — “he swims!” and I was gone. I truly wish all of you great good luck with this goal!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

First and foremost, thank you Gail for replying.
BUT
All is see in that response is basically a “kitten you” mini collectors. I’m not sure I can ever believe that drop rates are as intended. I highly doubt they would say it if it were the case. Too many other times have they said nothing was wrong with it and yet there were (final rest, globs (at one point), and several others come to mind).
If drop rate is correct, at least make them tradeable. As you can see in the thread, several people have gotten multiples, of which they can only bind one to their account. The others become useless, whereas other would love to buy them from them.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

First and foremost, thank you Gail for replying.
BUT
All is see in that response is basically a “kitten you” mini collectors. I’m not sure I can ever believe that drop rates are as intended. I highly doubt they would say it if it were the case. Too many other times have they said nothing was wrong with it and yet there were (final rest, globs (at one point), and several others come to mind).
If drop rate is correct, at least make them tradeable. As you can see in the thread, several people have gotten multiples, of which they can only bind one to their account. The others become useless, whereas other would love to buy them from them.

Just this but i will add a kitten you Anet Mini are over for me.

Trepidation Lost.3469

Took long to reply cos he was laughing at us.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

You watch. He’ll be back next year for ten candy cobs. Calling it now.

Gone to Reddit.

Trepidation Lost.3469

that happens, i quit gw2 :P

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Took long to reply cos he was laughing at us.

Gaile is a she (at least if you’re referring to the recent red post, which I think you are?)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

ToT bags will stay with us all year round thanks to maize balm.
Hence the droprate on the wolf with a weird name.
I think it’s quite logical.

Megis.9264

• One of our statisticians just checked the drop rate, and there is no error in the drop rate — it truly is dropping as designed.

Then that’s just terrible design.

Trepidation Lost.3469

Then that’s just terrible design.

Yeah, they must have wanted to displease their player base and screw up the good income they got from collectors buying mini pets (Y)

Megis.9264

Thanks for royally screwing us over with an ‘statistically’ virtually unobtainable mini.

Posted by: Impale.2503

Impale.2503

Thanks for royally screwing us over with an ‘statistically’ virtually unobtainable mini.

I still got 2. <3

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom – Guild Leader
The Rise – The Murder – The Gravity – The Ghostly

Megis.9264

I still got 2. <3

And there’s no way to sell the second one. But you don’t care about money, you just kept going for a second one just so you could troll us.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I opened over 30k ToTs.. Nothing.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Megis.9264

I believe that changes are not planned or even possible for this year’s event.

Wasn’t as hard as you make it sound last time, when a mini was ‘mistakenly’ untradable.

Posted by: Gaia Orunitia.5794

Gaia Orunitia.5794

I read through this thread to get caught up, and there seem to be a few questions that I can address:

• The miniature is extremely rare, it’s true. But the drop is random, which accounts for one person getting a pooch in a few hundred bags and someone else not getting it after opening several thousand.

Thank you for the clarification. During the 7 pages of the topic, I was a little confuse about that fact…

So there is absolutely no special reward for this event. All what we can do is buying stuff, and some of it is coming from last year event… The new collection can just be done by buying at TP so I don’t considere the new candy mini is a reward from participating to the event. So, that being said, the only fun stuff we can get can only been obtain with non-sense RNG. It sucks, really. Do you even remember how to make content non RNG-related ? You can’t even sell it to the TP ! If somebody is not interested, or got it twice (hum…) he can’t sell it to someone who really wants it !

• Diminishing Returns do not apply to ToT Bags. I mean, phew! I read that question and my blood ran cold, but I felt sure — and the designer confirmed — that DR is not a factor with the Trick-or-Treat bags. Open 1, open 100, the drop rate is not impacted by diminishing returns.

Good to know, thank you

• I’ve passed along your suggestions. I believe that changes are not planned or even possible for this year’s event. What happens in future events — whether Gwynefyrdd will return — is not yet on the radar. Again, your thoughts and suggestions have been shared and I know that the devs do listen to your input. But what actually takes place in 2015 and beyond is not yet established.

2015 is in 2 monthes, I really hope you’re kidding :p

I also want to say that I’d love nothing more than to have Gwynefyrdd for myself. One comment here — “he swims!” and I was gone. I truly wish all of you great good luck with this goal!

Yeaaaay…

Actualy, the only thing that keeps me in the game is collectioning stuff. When you announced the collection achievements, I was really excited, I thought I would have to explore the whole game to find objects, but you just screwed it up by making all the events TP related. And now you just ruin the miniature collection by distributing them via random events (llama) or with stupid in game RNG. The mini wolf would’ve been a perfect reward for completing the event… Keep going guys, it’s awesome !

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

Thank you for being on top of this, Gaile.

Do you know whether the mini will still drop from the Trick or Treat bags after the event is over?

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Ummm…While I mostly agree with the summary here, I think the main point was completely lost.

The drop rate for this item is utterly ridiculous and needs to be fixed. We have seen this issue time and again and in the past Anet has made changes, example Lyssa recipe…

In the case of the Lyssa recipe, at least it was trade-able and players had a 2ndary way of acquiring it, in this situation there is no other way since the item is account bound.
Please either make the item trade-able or increase the drop rate.
This is not Gw1, its a completely different game, you cannot make comparisons to the mini polar bear from Winters day which I may add was ALSO TRADE-ABLE.

(edited by ZilentNight.5089)

Malediktus.9250

Its random? Anet must have access to quantum computers.

Megis.9264

Its random? Anet must have access to quantum computers.

Nah, just a a little robot arm that throws about a hundred dice every time a player opens a bag.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

2015 is in 2 monthes, I really hope you’re kidding :p

Good catch! I meant “Halloween 2015” which is a year from now. Not the whole year’s planning.

Thank you for being on top of this, Gaile.

Do you know whether the mini will still drop from the Trick or Treat bags after the event is over?

I do not know. Let me see if I can find out.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Ok, that was a quick run across the room and here’s the answer:

Yep.

With the Maize Balm recipe making ToT bags a year-around item for those who craft it, or with the use of Vial of Maize Balm drops, pups will continue to be available for the foreseeable future. Obviously there’s Halloween 2015 to be designed, but it would be nearly a year before that would roll out, so the short answer is…

Yes.
Si.
Oui.
Ya.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Still doesn’t change that the mini have a atrocious droprate and is not tradable.

Posted by: Followedbyrocks.8751

Followedbyrocks.8751

laughs hysterically

Well, thanks for the clarification.

Posted by: cDKI.8352

cDKI.8352

Ok, that was a quick run across the room and here’s the answer:

Yep.

With the Maize Balm recipe making ToT bags a year-around item for those who craft it, or with the use of Vial of Maize Balm drops, pups will continue to be available for the foreseeable future. Obviously there’s Halloween 2015 to be designed, but it would be nearly a year before that would roll out, so the short answer is…

Yes.
Si.
Oui.
Ya.

Is there any talk of making the mini non-account bound? (IE: You can sell on tp) It would provide a compromise for the mini collectors who don’t want to depend on their luck to get the mini.

Thanks for replying to the thread!

Kronos.3695

Well, thanks for the clarification, but I guess for me and most of the players are putting effort and (real) money into the collection isn’t enough, and many will stop doing it as they stopped during the Mr. Sparkles/Llama releases.

The drop rate, even if as intended, is kitten ed ridicoulus, and RNG do its work.
I guess you won’t change anything on it, so I wonder how many people will keep buying all the minis from gemstore.

I’ve been meh with the story of Mr. Sparkles, and I finally got one from a friend’s code given at Gamescom.

I’ve been REALLY meh with the Llama, but I see that you’re giving it out even to people aren’t playing the game during streams, so I’ll see if I’ll get mine sooner or later.

With this kitten ed RNG I’m not ok at all, we have precursors for that, leave the minis out at least and let us obtain them as always, BY PLAYING. And if you don’t see the real problem, a tradable minipet would be a good compromise to allow everyone getting it.

I hope you’ll able to understand the point of view of real veteran players, someone who care to play the game and will play it for many years (if updated, obviously), but probably asking for the ArenaNet I loved in Guild Wars years ago, it’s out of reality.

YouTube Channel

(edited by Kronos.3695)