Gwynefyrdd, the Halloween miniature

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheReaperTheFourthHorsemen.7894

TheReaperTheFourthHorsemen.7894

think at this point they make it as a Halloween gift where if you log on halloween day you get it in the mail along with note from arenanet apologizing to players for the terrible odds and all the gold players wasted trying to get it

my fate is my own, I will not be Mordremoth’s slave!- Ezonos Nightbriar

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

A little surprised and disappointed in that answer. I think most people would just be satisfied if the mini was made trade-able instead of account bound.

Posted by: Piro.8762

Piro.8762

So, to add to the disappointment and rage, I’ve spent $205 on gems to get gold to buy TnT bags. So far I’ve opened almost 100k bags and still no mini. I mean, seriously… is this just an elaborated prank to get people to develop Carpal Tunnel Syndrome? 100k bags…. come on!!!!

Also: Im pretty sure that they made the stupid pillowcase icon resemble the mini icon just to mess with you every time you get a pillowcase.

Posted by: Ausfer.1853

Ausfer.1853

A friend of mine got the dog in his first 100 bags.

They be hatin, he be lolin.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

So, to add to the disappointment and rage, I’ve spent $205 on gems to get gold to buy TnT bags. So far I’ve opened almost 100k bags and still no mini. I mean, seriously… is this just an elaborated prank to get people to develop Carpal Tunnel Syndrome? 100k bags…. come on!!!!

Also: Im pretty sure that they made the stupid pillowcase icon resemble the mini icon just to mess with you every time you get a pillowcase.

I feel for you, I have personally been farming the rat farm, I recommend you do the same instead of buying gems.
After 40k bags, I have pretty much lost not only all of my gold but my hope as well.
I hate to do this, but I may have to finally quit my mini pet collection here, which will result in me saving a ton of money in the future since I will no longer have to purchase gems for the Gem store minis. Thank you Anet I could only support your Gem sales for so long, unfortunately the road ends here.

Posted by: Nifaea.9216

Nifaea.9216

They should have named it GwyNexon or GwyNCSoft.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

They read the forums, is what ANet says.
“RNG as a concept: Discuss” a thread started by an ANet staffer, John Smith with numerous posts complaining about RNG in the game and how bad it is to have it for rewards and not a token system.
Hundreds of threads, thousands of posts complaining about RNG and how much people dislike it.

ANet’s decision for the holidays…… Extreme RNG for the mini pet.

I’m beginning to wonder if maybe the forum posters have it backward. Maybe we should start praising the RNG in this game and begging for even more RNG with impossible odds. I think this might cause ANet to release holiday rewards with high drop rates or purchasable through the vendor if we did this.

Posted by: MibuGenjuro.2365

MibuGenjuro.2365

I’ve started playing this game since launch, use to buy gem with real money almost on a monthly bases just to show my support to the company.

After 2 years of playing I must say Im getting very disappointed and running out of things to get, collecting minis were the last bit of fun left in this game for me, and yet Anet continue to stuff over the mini collectors.

The mini llama that force ppl to play tournament was bad enough, then blood prince which costed 20 cob last year only cost 6 now, a bigkittento whoever gotten it last year.

Then now this impossible to get mini that is not tradable, I think after 2 years Im pretty much done with this game, Anet really knows how to take fun away from its players.

Posted by: Kronos.3695

Kronos.3695

Well, As I can see, many people are sharing my thoughts.
I’m one of the minipet’s collectors who for sure will stop buying anything (not just minis) from the gemstore if they won’t change something on Gwynefyrdd to let every HUMAN get it, and by asking to people in game, it seems that we’re really a lot.

@ArenaNet, Gaile or whoever will show up in this thread again: remember that the casual player who spend some money on the gemstore once and then come back to another MMO is not a member of your playerbase. We are. We’re playing since headstart (some like me since 2005 with Guild Wars) and supporting your games, something that we loved, we shared to people who bought it and so on. Remember that the playerbase on a MMO is important, ‘cause a game of this kind can’t run only with new players

Kronos Ledaloth, Leader of Bloodstone Keepers [BloS] - Far Shiverpeaks (EU)

YouTube Channel

Posted by: Nannabie.6943

Nannabie.6943

I’ve started playing this game since launch, use to buy gem with real money almost on a monthly bases just to show my support to the company.

The mini llama that force ppl to play tournament was bad enough, then blood prince which costed 20 cob last year only cost 6 now, a bigkittento whoever gotten it last year.

Then now this impossible to get mini that is not tradable, I think after 2 years Im pretty much done with this game, Anet really knows how to take fun away from its players.

When I buy gems I’m not sure it’s a good idea or not, but as you say it’s a good way to support them people behind the game and that’s also a reason why I somehow didn’t feel to bad about it.

The llama, I really really want it also but I don’t play pvp. There should b4 a way for pvp and wvw players to get this mini also, and if to much of a problem it should be tradable. The price for the prince last year was crazy and I didn’t get it back then. I was surprised to see it this year and for 6 cob’s – yes the price was high before but now it’s like laughing at the players who farmed last year. So with the price I’m happy for me coz I got it cheap but I also think it’s unfair for those who was fighting to get it last year.

Only thing keeping me in this game are my guild, I wanna quit so bad but as Leader in my guild I can’t let my members down. I started my guild a week after i bought the game so it’s my baby :P And I can’t leave it at another person’s doorstep. So if i didn’t have the guild i would not be sitting here typing this, I would have quit 2 days ago.

Good luck xx

Posted by: wylk.9612

wylk.9612

Thought I’d post a quick update.

So I started purchasing ToT bags off the TP and opening them again… figured that as long as I had magic find to gain by opening them (and the MF seems to be pretty good from ToT bags), then I could justify what I was doing.

I still don’t have that kitten wolf pup, and now I can’t justify opening any more bags since I just reached the magic find cap of 300% from consuming luck (it was 170% when the halloween patch dropped).

So I guess in one way I’m happy that I was able to get my magic find maxed. But on the other hand, there is the disappointment that I wasn’t able to get the mini to drop in over 150,000 bags (I’m sure it was quite a bit more, but I honestly stopped counting).

I was pretty sure that by this point I would have gotten her, but I guess not. You would think that a week of doing nothing but opening bags when logged in would pay off, but not so much.

Sorry, this wasn’t meant to sound whingy… but I guess it kinda took that tone. My hat goes off to others that have the patience and (more importantly) sheer resources to go even further than I did.

Best of luck to anyone obsessively opening ToT bags

Posted by: Lhos.1643

Lhos.1643

I like how people are losing their minds over a bunch of pixels.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I like how all of these self-proclaimed “collectors” aren’t familiar with how collectibles work.

Anyone who every collected baseball cards, coins, stamps, etc. knows that there will always be some ultra rare item that you’ve got to expend a lot of time/money to get.

That’s what makes it collectible!

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Vladimer.7051

Vladimer.7051

Last time I collected cards or coins even the rare ones were still purchasable or tradable.

Vladimer.7051

Real life collectables are not RNG account bound. Comparing to real life collectables is not correct.

MibuGenjuro.2365

I like how all of these self-proclaimed “collectors” aren’t familiar with how collectibles work.

Anyone who every collected baseball cards, coins, stamps, etc. knows that there will always be some ultra rare item that you’ve got to expend a lot of time/money to get.

I like the way you try to mock collectors and pretend you know about collection more than them yet you knows nothing at all.

The most important quality of collecting cards, coins, stamps etc is that everything can be traded, in fact most of the cards are known as trading cards for that reason, I know cause I was a hardcore MTG collector for a very long time, spent a fortune on it.

Problem with this mini is that you cant trade, back in MTG the real collectors don by tons of boosters and hoping they get the rare card via luck, they go to someone who was lucky enough to have the card and buy it with face value.

mtpelion.4562

I like the way you try to mock collectors and pretend you know about collection more than them yet you knows nothing at all.

The most important quality of collecting cards, coins, stamps etc is that everything can be traded, in fact most of the cards are known as trading cards for that reason, I know cause I was a hardcore MTG collector for a very long time, spent a fortune on it.

Problem with this mini is that you cant trade, back in MTG the real collectors don by tons of boosters and hoping they get the rare card via luck, they go to someone who was lucky enough to have the card and buy it with face value.

You’re making a mockery of yourselves with this thread. You’ve got plenty of time to work on getting this item as the bags are available FOREVER with the Maize Balm.

You just aren’t willing to put in the work to obtain the item, which is why you are NOT a collector. You just want an EZ mode (cash) option added so you can skip the work.

No true collector lets momentary disappointment stop them from achieving their goal. Stop whining and start farming.

Vladimer.7051

What bugs me is a company that relies on gem purchases for a steady stream of revenue would make a decision like this to deter mini collectors.

Some of us had intentions to fulfil our collection spending real money. Some of us also wish we knew of this change prior to binding all of our very expensive ""rare"" minis.

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Well… On this topic clearly visible that A-net rapidly losing trust of community. I think they are trying to do something, but their teams and efforts, and therefore – goals – is scattered, it seems. Even very bad marketer will understand that after creating special discussion about something (RNG) and hearing only the negative reviews about this, the addition of such things (lottery and this miniature) can only be regarded as a clear spit in the face of community.

Personally I do not get out of this labyrinth from the start of Event. Opened about 10k bags. Nothing of value. As for me, I feel like went back for 10 years when all mmo were based only on the mindless grind. This is quite different from the promises they gave before the release, like “you will not have to repeat something over and over again to get something”. So I quite clearly understand the rage of people who write here.

Posted by: BlkPrince.2854

BlkPrince.2854

Opened only 600 bags and got it so Praise RNG (didnt even want it )

MibuGenjuro.2365

You’re making a mockery of yourselves with this thread. You’ve got plenty of time to work on getting this item as the bags are available FOREVER with the Maize Balm.

You just aren’t willing to put in the work to obtain the item, which is why you are NOT a collector. You just want an EZ mode (cash) option added so you can skip the work.

No true collector lets momentary disappointment stop them from achieving their goal. Stop whining and start farming.

The only mockery here is urself, as its clear that u dono the first thing abt collector or collecting, one word “trade” sums up the most important essence of collecting.

u wana make comparisons to real life, then tell me which rare stamp do u go farm it up urself? which rare coin do u go dig up urself? wat u saying is a pure joke and not a funny one at that.

How do u know Im not farming for it? are u so blinded to see that there are ppl who opened 130k bags here and got nothing, some ppl I know opened even more, the poor rng code of this game dictate that some of us may never get it.

Last time I checked collectors no matter in game or real life actually have a real life, collecting is a hobby not a full time job, maybe its different for u who live in ur parents basement, some of us actually have jobs and family and cant farm this 24/7, but this does not mean we cant collect, most collectors in real life hav a decent job funding their collection, clearly its a concept that u fail to understand.

And by that I don mean I spend real life money on buying ToT, I farm those and spend in game gold to buy extra, but in case u hasnt realized living in ths world cost money too, and ppl actually have to get a job to pay for those kind of things, and no one said ppl who hav a job and a family cant be collectors, especially not when anet preached about playing this game however we want and still get rewarded, wat a load of lies.

(edited by MibuGenjuro.2365)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well… On this topic clearly visible that A-net rapidly losing trust of community. I think they are trying to do something, but their teams and efforts, and therefore – goals – is scattered, it seems. Even very bad marketer will understand that after creating special discussion about something (RNG) and hearing only the negative reviews about this, the addition of such things (lottery and this miniature) can only be regarded as a clear spit in the face of community.

Personally I do not get out of this labyrinth from the start of Event. Opened about 10k bags. Nothing of value. As for me, I feel like went back for 10 years when all mmo were based only on the mindless grind. This is quite different from the promises they gave before the release, like “you will not have to repeat something over and over again to get something”. So I quite clearly understand the rage of people who write here.

100 negative comments + 10,000 people buying gems to purchase ToT bags from the TP in mass quantities. They hear player feedback loud and clear, and that feedback says players will spend tons and tons of RL money to obtain a rare RNG item.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Yup. Words are wind. Or pixels, I guess, in this case. If you spend Real Life Currency on this sort of thing, you’re the reason it exists.

The table is a fable.

mtpelion.4562

The only mockery here is urself, as its clear that u dono the first thing abt collector or collecting, one word “trade” sums up the most important essence of collecting.

u wana make comparisons to real life, then tell me which rare stamp do u go farm it up urself? which rare coin do u go dig up urself? wat u saying is a pure joke and not a funny one at that.

How do u know Im not farming for it? are u so blinded to see that there are ppl who opened 130k bags here and got nothing, some ppl I know opened even more, the poor rng code of this game dictate that some of us may never get it.

Last time I checked collectors no matter in game or real life actually have a real life, collecting is a hobby not a full time job, maybe its different for u who live in ur parents basement, some of us actually have jobs and family and cant farm this 24/7, but this does not mean we cant collect, most collectors in real life hav a decent job funding their collection, clearly its a concept that u fail to understand.

Once again, you are proving that you aren’t interested in collecting, but in possessing.
You don’t want to put in the effort necessary because you aren’t a collector.

You feel entitled to have the mini without doing the things ArenaNet intends for you to do.

Yes, collecting is a hobby. It is pretty clear that it isn’t YOUR hobby.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Funny how you keep repeating your out-of-touch-with-reality opinion regardless of how often it’s correctly invalidated by common sense.

Posted by: Evian.8741

Evian.8741

It took me just under 3,000 bags to find Gwynefyrdd. I had pretty much given up, but decided to buy one final stack of Trick or Treat bags. On the seventh one of the stack, I saw the icon and might have deafened everyone on Teamspeak. Keep trying, friends. Don’t give up hope!

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

Well over 100k bags, here. Nothing, barely enough to keep going, and still I’m down at least 700g.

MibuGenjuro.2365

Once again, you are proving that you aren’t interested in collecting, but in possessing.
You don’t want to put in the effort necessary because you aren’t a collector.

You feel entitled to have the mini without doing the things ArenaNet intends for you to do.

Yes, collecting is a hobby. It is pretty clear that it isn’t YOUR hobby.

Seriously I start to doubt if u understand anything I’ve said at all, why don u giv some examples of real life collection which isnt about trading? since u so enjoy drawing the comparison between this and real life collection in ur first post, why beating around the bush now? come and prove me wrong with solid arguments. Like which coin collector doesnt buy from a shop or outlet, which antique collector go dig up his own antique instead of going to shop and auction, which stamp collector go and find rare stamps on letters instead of going to a shop or other collectors who were selling.

In case it hasnt came to ur mind, even if this mini can be traded, the price will still be insane, and where would I get that kind of gold to buy it? from playing this game, and how is that not effort? you think making 1k gold in game is easy? how is that even different from ur definition of spending effort? well there is one major difference, the amount of effort Im spending will certainly translate into that mini, instead of the current situation where some of us may never get it no matter how many bags we open.

This is exactly the same argument about getting precursor from MF or buying it on TP, some pple spent 10x the price in MF and never get a precursor due to failed rng coding.

mtpelion.4562

You have from now until the end of the game to get this mini as the bags are available all the time.

That is why the rate is so low, it is intended to give the bags value all the time.

You are mad because you haven’t gotten a rare item in a week, when the design intent is that you can get the rare item any time in the next several years.

MibuGenjuro.2365

You have from now until the end of the game to get this mini as the bags are available all the time.

That is why the rate is so low, it is intended to give the bags value all the time.

You are mad because you haven’t gotten a rare item in a week, when the design intent is that you can get the rare item any time in the next several years.

u hav since launch till the end of the game to get a percursor from the MF, go ask how many ppl hav gotten it that way, and ask how many more gotten it via TP, go ask if Anet made precursor acc bound how many players will rage. ur logic clearly does not work and is not agreed by others yet u insist on it.

btw u still dodging my question on real life collector buying collection instead of farming it, don forget to find examples of ppl not buying collection from sellers in real life, coins, antiques etc.

mtpelion.4562

u hav since launch till the end of the game to get a percursor from the MF, go ask how many ppl hav gotten it that way, and ask how many more gotten it via TP, go ask if Anet made precursor acc bound how many players will rage. ur logic clearly does not work and is not agreed by others yet u insist on it.

btw u still dodging my question on real life collector buying collection instead of farming it, don forget to find examples of ppl not buying collection from sellers in real life, coins, antiques etc.

My “logic” is a restatement of the OFFICIAL answer that you’ve already received in this thread. The drop rate is INTENDED to be low because you have a LONG TIME in which to attempt to get it.

Your “question” is not being dodged. It is being ignored as it is irrelevant. Items are collectible if they are rare. The way you get them is not relevant.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

My “logic” is a restatement of the OFFICIAL answer that you’ve already received in this thread. The drop rate is INTENDED to be low because you have a LONG TIME in which to attempt to get it.

Your “question” is not being dodged. It is being ignored as it is irrelevant. Items are collectible if they are rare. The way you get them is not relevant.

It’s not just rare items that are collected. People collect all sorts of stuff. Barbie dolls. Stamps. Spoons even. (RNG spoons. Now that’s a concept)

Posted by: radiantbliss.6875

radiantbliss.6875

The problem with that is that it is the only thing in the bag that is account bound. While the extremely rare necklace is rare, it can be broken down and have the thing that makes it glow (the reason people want it in the first place) is able to be sold in the TP. The other mini in the bag isn’t account bound. NOTHING else is account bound. Except this one thing. It makes no sense at all. To have something this rare be account bound is a silly waste. Especially when something else is equally rare, if not more so, is not account bound. Where is the sense in it? There is none.

Blackgate
[KiS] Kinetic Storm

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Getting the bags might stay there all the time, but the loot table for the bag is most likely to change (possibly even removing ghost dog from it).

It’s not just rare items that are collected. People collect all sorts of stuff. Barbie dolls. Stamps. Spoons even. (RNG spoons. Now that’s a concept)

Anet’s already monopolized RNG spoons. (fractal/commander/bone spoons)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

They should have named it GwyNexon or GwyNCSoft.

Agree’d

“buy more gold, try your hand at the new pre-cursor drop rate mini!”

kitten you

300g in bags and nothing, definitely quitting for a while leaves such a bad taste in my mouth. Can’t believe they made this non tradeable, oh sorry we can’t even trade in a 2k12 MMO, I meant not able to get off the TP.

Still enjoying the new Rift xpac more than GW2, a F2P game doesn’t even haggle players as bad as ANet.. sad!!!! What a disgusting, low-fallen company! Yes I am mad.

GW2 has absolutely no end game , no good pvp , so what else do players have? That’s right, mini and cosmetics. So ofc a collector is gonna be kittened at this.

Peace enjoy gem shop 2

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

mtpelion.4562

Getting the bags might stay there all the time, but the loot table for the bag is most likely to change (possibly even removing ghost dog from it).

Anet’s already monopolized RNG spoons. (fractal/commander/bone spoons)

Based on what they did this year, I expect the dog to be available from the Cob vendor next year and a new mini added to the bags at that time.

But yes, you are correct in that they can change the drop table from the bags.

MibuGenjuro.2365

Seriously? u the one who brought in the real life collectors of coins and stamps in the first place, now that I prove u wrong with those suddenly they are not relevant? then why u mention them and draw comparison to them in the first place.

My issue with anet is not the same as the issue I have with u, sure Im not happy with anet’s drop rate, and I’ve made that clear already, the issue with u is that u pretend to know more about real life collectors yet u knows nothing about them, and those questions of mine are not irrelevant, they are there to prove that u knows nothing about real life collection.

Posted by: Aerdwen.3069

Aerdwen.3069

Seasonal events should not be about working through Christmas to get something that came out during Halloween. The drop rate should be increased. This is a quality of life change that should be implemented. There are way too many players who are (on the daily) farming ambient creatures from sun up to sun down. It does not matter how long the mini will be available in the ToT bags. It should be attainable during the season that it was introduced. At the current drop rate, you could open 250 bags for the rest of your life and never receive Gwynefyrdd.

Also, If you’re going to make personal jabs at anyone, you have their account name. Talk to them in game through chat/mail where you can be ignored if necessary.

mtpelion.4562

Seriously? u the one who brought in the real life collectors of coins and stamps in the first place, now that I prove u wrong with those suddenly they are not relevant? then why u mention them and draw comparison to them in the first place.

My issue with anet is not the same as the issue I have with u, sure Im not happy with anet’s drop rate, and I’ve made that clear already, the issue with u is that u pretend to know more about real life collectors yet u knows nothing about them, and those questions of mine are not irrelevant, they are there to prove that u knows nothing about real life collection.

I’m not sure why you are having such a difficult time understanding the difference between scarcity and acquisition.

Your irrelevant question was about acquisition. My point was about scarcity.

Since Acquisition IS NOT EQUAL to Scarcity, your question was not on topic and thus deserved no response.

Your issue with me stems from your conflation of two issues.

MibuGenjuro.2365

I’m not sure why you are having such a difficult time understanding the difference between scarcity and acquisition.

Since Acquisition IS NOT EQUAL to Scarcity, your question was not on topic and thus deserved no response.

go read ur original post, u said ppl who expect to buy the mini instead of working for it are not real collectors, so I point out to u that even in real life most collectors buy their collection, and acquiring the money or in game gold to buy such item is the same as working for it, which brings back to my original point, u knows nothing about collection.

Now u jus simply trying to change ur topic becuz ur original point does not stick, as more than one person here pointed out to u, any real life collection can be traded, that is the main issue everyone here is having, which is valid in the eyes of any collector in game or real life, so ur initial comment about ppl aint real collectors becuz they want to buy this mini is totally wrong, stop changing the topic when u cant argue ur original point anymore.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I can’t help but feel like there’s some schadenfreude going on in a choice like the way this mini was implemented. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but come on Anet… you gotta know how popular minis are. Why else would you make those packs that you sell in the store? And then you put a super-low-droprate-non-tradeable mini in the halloween bags – a mini that can’t be acquired in any other way.

There’s exclusivity and then there’s playing the lottery. But then, you also implemented a virtual raffle with the halloween skins, so apparently lotteries are on your mind.

It really feels like a cheap way to drive up the exchange of halloween bags, along with the low drop rate of the poly items. And guess what? It has worked.

:|

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

When the only way of acquisition becomes RNG.
Guess what else is RNG ?
The scarcity, which means that some will have this mini in 10 bags and others will have in 1 millions.
Does this seems fair to you ?
Stop with your hard work mini, that’s just a lottery.

mtpelion.4562

go read ur original post, u said ppl who expect to buy the mini instead of working for it are not real collectors, so I point out to u that even in real life most collectors buy their collection, and acquiring the money or in game gold to buy such item is the same as working for it, which brings back to my original point, u knows nothing about collection.

Now u jus simply trying to change ur topic becuz ur original point does not stick, as more than one person here pointed out to u, any real life collection can be traded, that is the main issue everyone here is having, which is valid in the eyes of any collector in game or real life, so ur initial comment about ppl aint real collectors becuz they want to buy this mini is totally wrong, stop changing the topic when u cant argue ur original point anymore.

My original statement was that real collectors are aware that there are some items that are very, very rare and thus time consuming to acquire.

Take, for example, the 1913 Liberty Head Nickel.
Only 5 were minted.
Five.

You cannot trade for one, as they are all a part of a complete collection that will most likely never be broken up.

They are still collectible though, as proven by the fact that they are part of collections.

They have scarcity (only 5) but no acquisition method.

You will never have one.
Ever.

True collectors will assemble the parts of the coin collection that they can, and know that they will never have this missing piece.

It does not reduce their enjoyment of collection Liberty Head Nickels though, because they are collectors who understand scarcity.

papry.8096

My original statement was that real collectors are aware that there are some items that are very, very rare and thus time consuming to acquire.

Take, for example, the 1913 Liberty Head Nickel.
Only 5 were minted.
Five.

You cannot trade for one, as they are all a part of a complete collection that will most likely never be broken up.

They are still collectible though, as proven by the fact that they are part of collections.

Is there only 5 gwynefyrdd ?

mtpelion.4562

Is there only 5 gwynefyrdd ?

No, which makes the complaining even less valid as there is always a potential to get one, whereas the nickel is never going to be yours.

And again, the reason the chance is so low is because you are expected to be opening bags for the next year. The design goal was not for everyone to have the mini by the end of the week.

papry.8096

You know what ? Acquiring a precursor cost me less than this mini, yet for some it has no acquisition value.
I value fairness not randomness.

mtpelion.4562

You know what ? Acquiring a precursor cost me less than this mini, yet for some it has no acquisition value.

Random is the single most fair way to do anything.

I think you mean that you value merit over fairness.

papry.8096

You right.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I’d like to ask a question.

Who do y’all have deciding on rewards? Statisticians? Economists? Game directors? Programmers?

Who ever it is, they seem to repeatedly miss the mark in duplicate fashion. It might be of worth for them to take a class on reward psychology or at the very least examine and learn from past occurrences.

Serenity now~Insanity later

mtpelion.4562

You right.

I can respect that. Have you been over to the Black Lion Trading Company forum? There is a discussion over there started by the game’s lead economist about the concept of Random in Reward structure.