Gwynefyrdd, the Halloween miniature

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MibuGenjuro.2365

MibuGenjuro.2365

Seriously? u the one who brought in the real life collectors of coins and stamps in the first place, now that I prove u wrong with those suddenly they are not relevant? then why u mention them and draw comparison to them in the first place.

My issue with anet is not the same as the issue I have with u, sure Im not happy with anet’s drop rate, and I’ve made that clear already, the issue with u is that u pretend to know more about real life collectors yet u knows nothing about them, and those questions of mine are not irrelevant, they are there to prove that u knows nothing about real life collection.

I’m not sure why you are having such a difficult time understanding the difference between scarcity and acquisition.

Your irrelevant question was about acquisition. My point was about scarcity.

Since Acquisition IS NOT EQUAL to Scarcity, your question was not on topic and thus deserved no response.

Your issue with me stems from your conflation of two issues.

go read ur original post, u said ppl who expect to buy the mini instead of working for it are not real collectors, so I point out to u that even in real life most collectors buy their collection, and acquiring the money or in game gold to buy such item is the same as working for it, which brings back to my original point, u knows nothing about collection.

Now u jus simply trying to change ur topic becuz ur original point does not stick, as more than one person here pointed out to u, any real life collection can be traded, that is the main issue everyone here is having, which is valid in the eyes of any collector in game or real life, so ur initial comment about ppl aint real collectors becuz they want to buy this mini is totally wrong, stop changing the topic when u cant argue ur original point anymore.

My original statement was that real collectors are aware that there are some items that are very, very rare and thus time consuming to acquire.

Take, for example, the 1913 Liberty Head Nickel.
Only 5 were minted.
Five.

You cannot trade for one, as they are all a part of a complete collection that will most likely never be broken up.

They are still collectible though, as proven by the fact that they are part of collections.

They have scarcity (only 5) but no acquisition method.

You will never have one.
Ever.

True collectors will assemble the parts of the coin collection that they can, and know that they will never have this missing piece.

It does not reduce their enjoyment of collection Liberty Head Nickels though, because they are collectors who understand scarcity.

its hardly a fair comparison once again, first of all a true collector would go in to the coin collection business knowing that this one is near impossible to get, and almost no one expect to collect every single coin in the world.

however in this game, when any of us started mini collection, we do not know that one day there is gona be a mini this hard to get, and it was pretty possible to collect all the minis up til now, so ppl rage becuz this one mini is ruining their entire collection so far, there is a huge difference between collecting coins and minis as Ive pointed out eariler, its not so much of an issue when u missing many coins, but missing one mini becuz of a stupid system is stupid, and calling it stupid doesnt make anyone less of a collector.

And do not overlook the fact that no matter how rare those 5 coins are, they are allowed to be traded, whether the owner want to trade is a different story entirely, where as this mini is not allowed to be traded, I can totally except the fact that when it can b traded there are ppl who is not willing to trade, but not even giving the option to trade is just stupid, and therefore once again ur comparison isnt valid.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Random is the single most fair way to do anything.

Not quite. Random is the single most unbiased way to do anything. The fairness of it in any given context is highly debatable.

In fact, it can be argued that to have a truly unbiased system, you have to set aside fairness entirely. Mainly because fairness is such a subjective value and is therefore subject to personal bias.

I mean, one might be inclined to say, concerning a random-based system, “Everyone has a fair chance.” But then, chance itself is arguably unfair. And I think most people would agree that chance results in markedly disparate results, from individual to individual, unless you are taking from a very very very very long maintained sample.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I can’t even pronounce the name of it lol

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: MibuGenjuro.2365

MibuGenjuro.2365

Random is the single most fair way to do anything.

Not quite. Random is the single most unbiased way to do anything. The fairness of it in any given context is highly debatable.

In fact, it can be argued that to have a truly unbiased system, you have to set aside fairness entirely. Mainly because fairness is such a subjective value and is therefore subject to personal bias.

I mean, one might be inclined to say, concerning a random-based system, “Everyone has a fair chance.” But then, chance itself is arguably unfair. And I think most people would agree that chance results in markedly disparate results, from individual to individual, unless you are taking from a very very very very long maintained sample.

not to mention that I heard from a few coder friends that true randomness is super hard to code, and those of them who play this game for over years do not believe gw2 hav a decent rng system, its pretty bugged to say the least.

I have a dedicated dungeon group for over a year, we use to do every dungeon every path except Hotw, one of us get a precursor drop almost every month, at one point he got 2 shield precursor within 2 weeks, myself have only gotten 2 precursor drops ever which happened within 2 month of each other, other members never got a precursor drop ever.

One might say this is not big enough a sample, but we played together in every dungeon over a year, clocking thousands of hours, yet the result is so different, and from guildmates and their friends stories, it seems in this game those who get lucky always get lucky, those who doesnt almost never do ever, that seem like a badly coded rng right there.

Ofc I cant prove anything, and I have never looked at anets code, but this is how it feels like after playing this game over 2 years and having in total over 5000 hours.

Posted by: Nifaea.9216

Nifaea.9216

I can’t even pronounce the name of it lol

It’s pronounced “GIVEMEMONEY”

Labjax.2465

not to mention that I heard from a few coder friends that true randomness is super hard to code, and those of them who play this game for over years do not believe gw2 hav a decent rng system, its pretty bugged to say the least.

I have a dedicated dungeon group for over a year, we use to do every dungeon every path except Hotw, one of us get a precursor drop almost every month, at one point he got 2 shield precursor within 2 weeks, myself have only gotten 2 precursor drops ever which happened within 2 month of each other, other members never got a precursor drop ever.

One might say this is not big enough a sample, but we played together in every dungeon over a year, clocking thousands of hours, yet the result is so different, and from guildmates and their friends stories, it seems in this game those who get lucky always get lucky, those who doesnt almost never do ever, that seem like a badly coded rng right there.

Ofc I cant prove anything, and I have never looked at anets code, but this is how it feels like after playing this game over 2 years and having in total over 5000 hours.

I see what you mean and I think part of the problem is that even with “true” randomness, some of us are just luckier than others. Even with atmospheric noise like random.org uses, I’m not convinced we wouldn’t still see strange trends like the ones you have described.

I mean, we’d all love to think that the universe operates on some kind of balance of luck and chance, but I think a lot of the whole “law of averages” and so on is only consistently evident when you’re operating in a controlled environment.

For example, if I roll a virtual die 5000 times in isolation, my results are probably going to average somewhat, but… in a complex MMO, there are a lot of variables going on that we tend to forget about. Like… just how many dice rolls we’re having compared to the people around us, how many rolls we’ve realistically received that are “better than average” (as opposed to being based on a single standard of luck like a precursor), etc.

So while your coder friends are absolutely right that “true” randomness doesn’t really happen in games, I suspect that even with “true” randomness, we would still find ourselves noticing various oddities of luck, such as your dungeon example.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Even atmospheric noise is not random. It only cosists of a very high (insanely high, lets say (10^25)! (! = faculty) possibilities in a m³) number of variables.
Currently scientist believe that quantum computers would offer true randomness, but only time will tell if they are correct or if there are hidden laws behind that, too.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Labjax.2465

Even atmospheric noise is not random. It only cosists of a very high (insanely high, lets say (10^25)! (! = faculty) possibilities in a m³) number of variables.
Currently scientist believe that quantum computers would offer true randomness, but only time will tell if they are correct or if there are hidden laws behind that, too.

Interesting, cool to know.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I really think that Anet missed a significant aspect of the point of collecting.

I have collected comic books, game cards, sports cards, game figurines, and so on. The social aspect of comparing collections, and especially trading is integral to the pass-time. Collectors meet (in person or online) to discuss their passion, their collections, and engage in one of the more enjoyable aspects of having a collection, bartering duplicates for pieces one is lacking.

The fact that so many collectible items in GW2, including minipets, cannot be traded combined with the lack of a player to player trade function has a terribly negative impact on this aspect of the game. Collectors in GW2 are not part of an interconnected community of collectors, they are lone farmers.

Very sad.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Is there only 5 gwynefyrdd ?

No, which makes the complaining even less valid as there is always a potential to get one, whereas the nickel is never going to be yours.

And again, the reason the chance is so low is because you are expected to be opening bags for the next year. The design goal was not for everyone to have the mini by the end of the week.

Do you actually believe what you’re saying?

“You’re expected to be opening bags for the next year”.

Totally justifies the insane rng. Yep.

Posted by: DanzBurG.8635

DanzBurG.8635

Spent well over a thousand gold on this so far and still nothing worthwhile even though the intention is to get the mini. I understand the ‘problem’ has been ‘addressed’ but this is ridiculous..

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

I’m not convinced we wouldn’t still see strange trends like the ones you have described.

What we are quick to interpret as ‘strange trends’ are quite often boring and common in a statistical sense. Any particular strange trend is usually quite unlikely, but if you look at the entire set of outcomes that people would interpret as a strange trend, the most likely outcome is usually some sort of strange trend – and we are hard wired to find significance in that.

The differences between a contemporary PRNG generator and an analog input TRNG system are essentially zero in the context of the game. It’s not like we’re doing cryptgraphy here where the details people (rightly) pick on in random number generation actually matter – the drops in this game are going to pass any test of randomness you throw them at. Criticisms of the random number generator are ignorance masquerading as knowledge, not genuine insight into a real issue.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Opened probably ~1500 bags (6 stacks, give or take) and got an everlasting halloween tonic. Wanted to sell it and the rate was only ~5g.

Nothing much other than some major sigil recipes and an awful lot of ascended mats besides that.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Labjax.2465

I’m not convinced we wouldn’t still see strange trends like the ones you have described.

What we are quick to interpret as ‘strange trends’ are quite often boring and common in a statistical sense. Any particular strange trend is usually quite unlikely, but if you look at the entire set of outcomes that people would interpret as a strange trend, the most likely outcome is usually some sort of strange trend – and we are hard wired to find significance in that.

The differences between a contemporary PRNG generator and an analog input TRNG system are essentially zero in the context of the game. It’s not like we’re doing cryptgraphy here where the details people (rightly) pick on in random number generation actually matter – the drops in this game are going to pass any test of randomness you throw them at. Criticisms of the random number generator are ignorance masquerading as knowledge, not genuine insight into a real issue.

Makes sense to me. I have too often seen people reacting to RNG similar to how some people believe in conspiracy theories. I don’t think they’re stupid or anything, of course. I feel inclined to believe the stuff myself sometimes.

But then there’s the part of me that says… I’m going off of horribly limited information.

Occam’s Razor comes to mind. The simpler answer and all that: Thinking that RNG is flawed and biased and making all sorts of assumptions off of anecdotal evidence.

Or thinking that our understanding and info is too limited to grasp the function of RNG in entirety from cursory observation (which is pretty much demonstrable fact) and that most of the weirdness we notice is a product of non-objective perception/memory of events.

I would say the latter is the simpler explanation with fewer assumptions by far.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: GlisteningDragon.3975

GlisteningDragon.3975

So there is a forge recipe for those who want to forge it. It just gives out a candy corn cob. Useful if you have multiple, but with this drop rate who has multiple, though?

Anet, just make it tradeable please…

Posted by: Sinzaku.2980

Sinzaku.2980

Spent well over a thousand gold on this so far and still nothing worthwhile even though the intention is to get the mini. I understand the ‘problem’ has been ‘addressed’ but this is ridiculous..

If everyone get the mini after opening 500 bags dont u think items value would drop ?

I understand the actual RnG based for get it is a bit limited but getting all stuff u want fast and cheap ?

“Necromancer in Heart and Soul” ~ #8k Hours#Asura
-(EvE ~ EU)-

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

If everyone get the mini after opening 500 bags dont u think items value would drop ?

I understand the actual RnG based for get it is a bit limited but getting all stuff u want fast and cheap ?

A mini pet that can’t be traded. What value exactly are you talking about?

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

If it can’t be traded, and drops at random, it’s both priceless, and worthless at the same time, depending on how lucky you are with RNG.

To me it’s priceless, because I’ll likely never have it, at this rate.
People who already have one couldn’t care less about getting another, and yet they do, much to the ire of anyone actually trying to get one.

It doesn’t have any real value, until you can actually trade it.

(edited by Megis.9264)

Posted by: Kitsumeo.8754

Kitsumeo.8754

Opened around 20.000 ToT to hope for that mini and all I got was 3 times Zuzu and nothing else. which is around a 1000 gold spend on ToT btw.
Don’t say hey you can farm them! Do you know how long it takes to farm a stack of 250? let stand 20.000.

Btw Arenanet do you know why I hardly ever buy any gemstore boxes or dye kits or anything from the gemstore that is a box? Because i never got anything but the regular junk that comes with it. My luck on boxes and bags and what not is so terrible that I have to grind gold together to buy the items I want. I also collect mini pets and as many mentioned they spend real money on the gemstore pets and special offers like mr.Sprkles as I did and Yes I also took part in pvp to win a Llama. All pets are reasonable except this one as it is based on luck and account bound.
With the Llama you know that you can get it if you practise and win 1 match or if lucky you receive it from a live chat on twitch.

Also sorry Gaile but the information you gave that we can still get ToT bags after Halloween doesn’t help the fact that it is a luck based pet, something that can take 80 years or even longer to get because it is based on luck, you might even never get it at all! Also don’t bring the Mini Polar Bear argument that mini was tradeable so if you couldn’t get it by chance you could always save enough currency to buy it, this mini pet is account bound so we don’t have that option.

I refuse to believe it works as intended as this is just cruel to put a luck based pet in.

I hope they either become non account bound or that there will be a merchant where you have to spend a lot of items in exchange for the mini (like black lion scraps, if someone would save enough of those they could always get a weapon)

Guild Leader of Whitelions [Claw]
Practise makes perfect.

Posted by: Wayland.3528

Wayland.3528

Even if the cost was something insanely high like 200 cobs. There should have been an alternate means if they wanted to make it account bound.

If it was able to be traded, I’d be ok with RNG away.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Opened probably ~1500 bags (6 stacks, give or take) and got an everlasting halloween tonic. Wanted to sell it and the rate was only ~5g.

Nothing much other than some major sigil recipes and an awful lot of ascended mats besides that.

5 gold? OMG — /goes into game to check TP

Ohh … you meant the Halloween Tonic like you said. I really thought you meant the endless Batwing. I don’t know that I want to spend 4/5 of my money getting the Batwing no matter how much I want to own that thing /weeps

Megis.9264

I propose we put all this Toilet Paper to good use, in the spirit of Halloween. We certainly have plenty of it.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I propose we put all this Toilet Paper to good use, in the spirit of Halloween. We certainly have plenty of it.

Find an Anet tag and follow them around constantly throwing TP?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Megis.9264

Find an Anet tag and follow them around constantly throwing TP?

Something like that…

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

If anything he should have been able to be bought with foil wrapper scraps, if you are unlucky enough to not get one in the time you acquired 1k wrappers you aren’t going to win a halloween skin in the lottery either. On the off chance you do happen to win a skin you still can’t trade it for the mini you were after… go figure.

DanzBurG.8635

If anything he should have been able to be bought with foil wrapper scraps, if you are unlucky enough to not get one in the time you acquired 1k wrappers you aren’t going to win a halloween skin in the lottery either. On the off chance you do happen to win a skin you still can’t trade it for the mini you were after… go figure.

with all the wrappers we’ve gotten out of the bags we should be able to trade those for the mini… knowing my luck with all the bags i’ve opened and the wrappers submitted.. well.. only time will tell but more than likely RNGesus will not go easy on us. This will probably be the last time I purchase gems..

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

with all the wrappers we’ve gotten out of the bags we should be able to trade those for the mini… knowing my luck with all the bags i’ve opened and the wrappers submitted.. well.. only time will tell but more than likely RNGesus will not go easy on us. This will probably be the last time I purchase gems..

That is kind of what I was suggesting, it is a pretty fair way of doing it for an account bound mini. People with a lot of luck can get the mini in under 1k bags and be happy, people who opened 10’s of thousands of bags can turn in their wrappers for the mini instead of wasting them on a chance to win a skin.

I think is the only account bound item in the game hidden behind this much RNG and I hope its not a sign of things to come. If there is another item like this I would love to know what it is.

Posted by: Nifaea.9216

Nifaea.9216

That is kind of what I was suggesting, it is a pretty fair way of doing it for an account bound mini. People with a lot of luck can get the mini in under 1k bags and be happy, people who opened 10’s of thousands of bags can turn in their wrappers for the mini instead of wasting them on a chance to win a skin.

I think is the only account bound item in the game hidden behind this much RNG and I hope its not a sign of things to come. If there is another item like this I would love to know what it is.

I’m afraid this is another one of their test cases to gauge the community’s reaction and willingness to buy gems in order to attain the mini. Look out for a Mini Gwen Doll from Guild Wars 1 using the same mechanic for this coming Wintersday.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

No way my RNG is that good I have opened around 12k or so bags so far and are no where near 1k wrappers – maybe under 100 out of all those bags… I did get the cat right around my 500th bag so I guess that was something. My candy corn RNG is really good I am at 25 cobs now and was hoping to be able to collect more nougats, skulls and plastic fangs but their drop rate is way below that of the corn. I gave up hoping for Gwynefrdd as a drop. I just want another cat so hubby can have one. Otherwise I will give him enough cobs to buy one if he doesn’t get a drop.

Posted by: Mistress Elemental.3750

Mistress Elemental.3750

Whelp thanks Anet, you have officially broken me. I give up on getting the mini. I have lost count but I think I have opened 150k ToT Bags and got no mini. I was lucky to get the Black and Orange ammy’s but id gladly trade them for the mini. Guess I wont bother collecting minis anymore. Too bad I bound all of my minis to my account so I can’t sell them. Thanks for taking the one thing I enjoyed in the game and turning it into a joke.

DanzBurG.8635

No way my RNG is that good I have opened around 12k or so bags so far and are no where near 1k wrappers – maybe under 100 out of all those bags… I did get the cat right around my 500th bag so I guess that was something. My candy corn RNG is really good I am at 25 cobs now and was hoping to be able to collect more nougats, skulls and plastic fangs but their drop rate is way below that of the corn. I gave up hoping for Gwynefrdd as a drop. I just want another cat so hubby can have one. Otherwise I will give him enough cobs to buy one if he doesn’t get a drop.

360 no scope uwotm9?

Posted by: Piro.8762

Piro.8762

wait wut

Megis.9264

Why not let us put one stack of wrappers, 2 stacks of toilet paper and one mini geodulf in the mystic forge for it?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Why not let us put one stack of wrappers, 2 stacks of toilet paper and one mini geodulf in the mystic forge for it?

Dont give them any more stupid ideas.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

LOL. Heck, the way the wrappers are running for me I would not be able to get the one stack… I could get the toilet paper, eggs and assorted junk though….

Posted by: Dhuum.8724

Dhuum.8724

I opened now over 15K bags, still no Gwynefyrrd but 7 cats. Strange isnt it?

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Ok I am done.. 100k ToTs opened and got precursor just as drop. And how many minis? You can guess..
We have 2 total newbies in my guild both under 500 AP what drop mini in notime.

Your RNG isnt fun at all.

I wanna be rewarded for my long hard work I dont want look at kids what play 5 minutes per day be rewarded better then me because they are simply too lucky. Stop making this mistake over and over pls.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Megis.9264

I’ve opened at least 150k bags, by now.

Had about 13 stacks of wrappers, at least 30 zuzus, a black refractor, an endless batwing brew, went from 220 to 300 base MF, and still no mini ghost dog.

At this point I’d go for pretty much any mode of acquisition, other than kitten RNG.

Posted by: PiTheMathGod.3742

PiTheMathGod.3742

As a suggestion, there should be a mystic forge recipe that involves taking 13 Zuzus and turning them into a Gwynefyrdd. It would certainly be expensive enough to do (especially after the price for Zuzus skyrocket afterwards), and so maintain a sense of rarity.

I am one of those obsessive collectors, and I have opened more than 120k bags at this point, nearly maxing my magic find from 153% to 262%. In my time of opening bags, I have earned 15 Zuzus, 2 Oontz necklaces, and 6 Endless tonics. I will continue to open bags until I reach 300% magic find, but I will put my 2 cents in here and say that I am a sad panda about RNG account bound minis. I want to be proud of the hard work I put into collecting my minis, and if I do get this mini, I won’t be proud of it like I was Liadri.

Posted by: Sasuke.2573

Sasuke.2573

Another possibility to make this mini available would be the raffle. Something like everyone who gave 100 wrappers or more to the skritt gets one mini at the end when the skins are distributed … not likely to happen though

Posted by: Dianekas.4359

Dianekas.4359

I’m somewhat glad i’m not the only one with terrible luck. I’ve been monitoring this thread for a while now without actually posting anything at all..after 2 weeks and 800g less i can know pull the plug and tell myself i tried everything i could. My money is gone so there’s nothing left to do other than go out there and farm the bags wich isn’t going to happen.

I never really cared about legendaries or even collecting minis to begin with. But this one was something i really wanted. For once i had something to aim for. After this i think i need a break from the game for a while atleast. This is just one of those things that just upsets me..having no alternative to your own luck and rng is just annoying.

like so many people said before me..people who really want this should be given the option to work for it..no matter how long it would take or how insane the material list or price, we should have another option than to just “be lucky”.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

A guildie got Zuzu from a ToT bag last night. Secure in the knowledge that I will never get anything cool from a bag, I was grinding/saving cobs for that particular kitty. I made it to 9 cobs before I decided it would be more practical to get some 20-slot bags. Whee.

No idea how many wrappers I’ve turned in, but I’d guess around 12-15.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Posted on this thread a few days ago, back again to confirm the decent stuff I received from opening 50,000 ToT Bags over the course of 2-3 days:

- 1 Gwynefyrdd
- 5 Mini Zuzu’s
- 1 Gift of the Moon
- 2 Orange Refractor Necklace.. things
- 2 Endless Halloween Tonics
- An absolute abundance of asc mats (hooray)

If anyone would like to see the other drops in doing so I’ve collected all the data into one video on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXpge81kwDs

I wish anyone else out there hunting Gwynefyrdd the very best of luck and hope you snag it.

Megis.9264

Hey Anet, are you sure you made the right mini untradable? Maybe the Zuzu was supposed to be account bound, you can get it with cobs, after all.

Posted by: Dhuum.8724

Dhuum.8724

Posted on this thread a few days ago, back again to confirm the decent stuff I received from opening 50,000 ToT Bags over the course of 2-3 days:

- 1 Gwynefyrdd
- 5 Mini Zuzu’s
- 1 Gift of the Moon
- 2 Orange Refractor Necklace.. things
- 2 Endless Halloween Tonics
- An absolute abundance of asc mats (hooray)

If anyone would like to see the other drops in doing so I’ve collected all the data into one video on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXpge81kwDs

I wish anyone else out there hunting Gwynefyrdd the very best of luck and hope you snag it.

At first GZ for you for finally receiving Gwynefyrrd but the imagination that you spend over 2800 Gold for a mini is just crazy.

Posted by: Trippy Bunny.9140

Trippy Bunny.9140

After all of my hard work farming out the bags i ended up with over 70cobs with no pets and no tonics. Why would someone throw in the mini with only 13 of the halloween mats for a stupid cob??? I have STACKS of mats with nothing to show for it. Did they honestly think that people would even need a cob after obtaining the mini? I hope people are not that stupid to waste all the time and hard work for nothing but a cob!!! Mad kings day use to be my favorite holiday in both gw and gw2. Now its forever tainted by this worthless mindless mini. Oh but im sure it will be back next year with another mindless mini that will be even harder to obtain.

Megis.9264

This one mini turned what was supposed to be a fun Halloween event into one big grind. And what do I have to show for it? Nothing.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Looking at this topic I’m thinking one upside is I had almost no money when Halloween started (was working on ascended armor) so at least I haven’t lost anything.

At this rate though I’m going to end 2 weeks of doing nothing but farming with nothing to show for it but increased magic find.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Double post to fix the topic.

Looking at this topic I’m thinking one upside is I had almost no money when Halloween started (was working on ascended armor) so at least I haven’t lost anything.

At this rate though I’m going to end 2 weeks of doing nothing but farming with nothing to show for it but increased magic find.

That and a massive drop in my desire to play the game. I’m really looking forward to doing anything but playing GW2 after this.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Labjax.2465

Double post to fix the topic.

That and a massive drop in my desire to play the game. I’m really looking forward to doing anything but playing GW2 after this.

I know that feel… I didn’t go anywhere near the amounts some people have thrown away opening bags, but I did quite a bit of it and while I have some stuff to show for it, it hasn’t left me with a very good feeling. I’m actually a bit scared of what wintersday is going to look like now.

Or words to that effect.