Hair Streaks!

Hair Streaks!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Spiral.3724

Spiral.3724

I would love to see new hairstyles with colored streaks in them. I think this would go over insanely well! The “accessory” color could be used to change the color of the streak.
Yes, I’m a girl, and yes, I’m vain.

Spiral Madheart – Level 80 Mesmer
The Wrong Crowd [bAd] Yak’s Bend

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Not a bad idea at all.

One – Piken Square

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: nibblesalil.3561

nibblesalil.3561

hmmmmm………. depends could you use dye to change the colour of the streaks / highlights ………….. intresting

if life is a cabaret old chum ………lets caberet

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: Heraldusluminare.2946

Heraldusluminare.2946

Plus one for you, Spiral.

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As long as it doesn’t use the dye system that accessories use. By that I mean, restricted to starter dyes. Ugh.

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

yay streaks
with our own dyes

Gunnar’s Hold

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: Marauding Scum.6728

Marauding Scum.6728

I was thinking the same thing one of these days, absolutely +1

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: FenixFire.1673

FenixFire.1673

I love this idea. +1 all the way!

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Yes, I’m in agreement as well. Powers of ANEt… make it so!!!! (please)

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

One of the makeover kit exclusive male Asura hairdos has streaks that you can pick the color of (as the accessory color).

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

sounds like a good idea, though it will be much better if dye colours can be used instead of one fixed colour

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

I like this idea, but I agree with Incul.
I would also add another option for the hair customization: let us disable the accessories.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Love this idea. I also love the idea of opening up hair accessories to accept dyes via the dye system.

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: Domination.4856

Domination.4856

No! Breaks immersion, no point at all since we have total make over kit and waypoints , no tyrian history of hair streaks. Hair streaks are extinct, just another gold sink, anti-fun and bad mechanics, clipping issues, too much resources, dumb, sounds like every other mmo, GW2 is not every other mmo, pay to win, overpowered, I’ll quit if they do that.

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

No! Breaks immersion, no point at all since we have total make over kit and waypoints , no tyrian history of hair streaks. Hair streaks are extinct, just another gold sink, anti-fun and bad mechanics, clipping issues, too much resources, dumb, sounds like every other mmo, GW2 is not every other mmo, pay to win, overpowered, I’ll quit if they do that.

Lol, funny.

@ OP, great idea. I actually wish more games here in the west would take the route of kicking it up several notches in the realm of character creation.

I recently took a look at some vids of the character creator in this upcoming game called Black Desert and was kind of blown away with some of the things you will be able to do. I’m talking hair alteration like position/ length and making some parts curly or straight. Even more options when it comes to the body. You can even give yours eyes two different effects/colors eg; one eye is blue with some shape in it like a star pupil and the other eye is purple with no shaped pupil, or create a tattoo and place it anywhere on the body in a variety of sizes.

I’m all for focusing on content and what not, but if games like Saints Row can do more than what we can do in actual MMOrpgs, where it seems to me to make the most sense to have these options, then I don’t see why developers step their game up. I know I would appreciate it.

(edited by Akari Storm.6809)

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

no tyrian history of hair streaks.

Don’t tell that to my GW1 Elementalist…

Attachments:

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

As long as it doesn’t use the dye system that accessories use. By that I mean, restricted to starter dyes. Ugh.

I HATE this so much. I’m praying account bound dyes lead to that being improved.

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: Heraldusluminare.2946

Heraldusluminare.2946

To back up what Ham said, I just want to point out that Livia had hair streaks too, so we’re safe.

@Domination: Lol, you forgot to add the perennial “If you want something, go play another MMO.”

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

They’ll have to add a “duck face” option as well to compliment it.

The Burninator

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: Mog.5846

Mog.5846

I think hair streaks and hair highlights would be awesome. My main is kind of a punkish Warrior and I think it would be pretty complimentary.

(Also, tattoos for humans, please!)

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

@Akari Storm.6809
That game looks too kitten ambitious, I bet it will go P2W in no matter of time. :/
Back on topic, I don’t think GW2 can support that kind of customization, but probably they can still improve something.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Hair Streaks!

Hamfast.8719

They already have several facial tattoo skins. Suppose they could do the same thing with hair and make it dyable? Probably a lot HARDER – there are more hair styles than face styles.

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: Azure Moonfire.7493

Azure Moonfire.7493

I like this idea a lot. I especially like it because I see no reason that it’s inclusion would upset anyone: if you like a style but don’t like the fact that it comes with streaks, just pick an identical base and streak color. Problem solved.

Anyway, I don’t expect something like this will be included anytime soon, but I would enjoy it if it was.

Also, not really a “solution,” but if you like the idea of hair streaks, you should make a Sylvari if you haven’t already. With glow intensity turned to maximum, most of their hairstyles have “streaks” or “highlights” in the form of glowy regions.

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

OMG yes pls… I want pink hair steaks/highlights for my mesmer

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

One of the makeover kit exclusive male Asura hairdos has streaks that you can pick the color of (as the accessory color).

Obligatory pic of my asura engy for this

Attachments:

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: Eravyn.7483

Eravyn.7483

Most of my characters are Sylvari, purely because of the glow option. I love having that second color there, especially with how bright some of them get.

For hair streaks, what if they released some helmets that had custom hairstyles with them? They could be skins that can apply to any armor type and have pigtails in gears or some other random things purely to show how people would try to be stylish, not just tough looking, in Tyria. Then the streaks and hair color would be two of the dye slots and you wouldn’t be stuck with just a couple choices.
They could even have a design contest for this to really get people involved. (I just love seeing the stuff people come up with in design contests >.>)

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Not to rain on her parade or anything, but I always saw that as a rubber band of some kind. See how the hair creases between them?

OT: I would love to have more of these options. I can see users buying more gems as well.

no tyrian history of hair streaks.

Don’t tell that to my GW1 Elementalist…

(edited by Zeivu.3615)

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I’m 1 on this since a year
Would be nice

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

Fantastic idea. I could see myself using a hair kit for that XB (and I’m already tempted enough to make yet another character and get a hair kit)

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Fantastic idea. I could see myself using a hair kit for that XB (and I’m already tempted enough to make yet another character and get a hair kit)

I would also buy a self style hair kit (or a few) if the streaks were added.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Hair Streaks!

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Sounds good.

And I’m a guy.

But I like my women pretty. ^^

Hair Streaks!

Hamfast.8719

Halloween, here I come!

Attachments: