Hall of Monuments Update?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: avan.2803

avan.2803

Actually it’s a case of not wanting to compound the problem they already fixed. Those folks who have the title and hom points who never earned them could easily go into the Instance and get the skins and minis that go along with it at any time which Anet would then have to remove along with the accounts that were initially affected by the bug. The bug was fixed so no one else would unjustly have the unlock, but for those that already do their accounts think they can have these skins and items. So this is why our monuments remain locked. It most certainly is not a case of them not caring or ignoring us.

Posted by: Radnar.9814

Radnar.9814

Those links to the other thread at least give us the hope that it will in fact be returning soom, we can hope anyway.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

It’s good they are still working on this as I am slowly earning more titles in GW1 now, would hate that to all be for nothing….

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: TheUndefined.1720

TheUndefined.1720

I saw that they added some things to the account page – the mini dragon, so I got excited at the possibility this might have been fixed.

It’s not. Nice to see them adding that mini, but still super bummed out I can’t have the items I earned.

Posted by: Chris Cleary

Previous

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

Next

Pending any further issues, this should be fixed tomorrow

Professor of Bearbow Math @ Tyria State // @Shazbawt // “The Crippler”

Posted by: therapite.3645

therapite.3645

Thank you for the update, sir! And for your work and the work of the team/person/wombat/demigod responsible!

Ayla Tyrsdottir | Melsande | Rowan Cabot | Joxa | Phedra Nyx|Ephiny Tyrkin
Eternal Clarity [Ankh] /Archivists Sanctum [Lore]
A quaint dye collector with a lore problem.

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posted by: Noein.1685

Noein.1685

praise dwayna……………………..

That which has no life.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Awesome news. Thank you Mr Cleary.

Posted by: Sage Skaggs.9061

Sage Skaggs.9061

You guys rock, keep it up your doing great!

Posted by: LunarRXA.5062

LunarRXA.5062

My sincerest and most heartfelt thanks to everyone responsible for getting this fix put out there. I’ve been having a blast while waiting for Heart of Thorns and playing through the older campaigns has been amazing. Really stoked to get showered with rewards later today/tomorrow!

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

but what about the tengu?…

… I still want tengu.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Sadly, I have nothing new to collect since I still need to even get to HoM in GW1… I really should make that a priority now that I have 3 more points…

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Great news.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: Mr Quinn.9815

Mr Quinn.9815

… quickly checks the day-n-date to note it is not April 1st

this notice was brought to you by a Misguided Misfit

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Huh, suppose I should go get GW1 now?

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

/GASP

YES!

IS IT TUESDAY YET?!

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Patch is up…husband says the pets are not back in the Hall of Monuments yet.

Edit: Also, the vendor is still turned off. I’m guessing to make sure the fix goes thru correctly so those that haven’t earned stuff can’t get it?

(edited by khani.4786)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, rewards aren’t back yet.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH
General

• Fixed a bug in which achievement points and titles for Hall of Monuments were incorrectly given to some players. The points and titles have been removed. Any achievement chests that were received as a result of this bug were kept intact but will not be given out a second time.

Posted by: Noein.1685

Noein.1685

I swear if they mess with my heart like this………

That which has no life.

Posted by: BambaZonke.2184

BambaZonke.2184

Ok, so the HoM vendor guy still say it’s disabled.

It would be nice to know when I can get access to the skins

BZ

Posted by: Kross.6428

Kross.6428

As one of the players that acquired the bonus rewards from the bug, I can confirm that the AP rollback, and title removal has gone through successfully. For me at least.

Stormbluff Isle – Baka Royale [Baka]

LunarRXA.5062

As one of the players that acquired the bonus rewards from the bug, I can confirm that the AP rollback, and title removal has gone through successfully. For me at least.

That’s good. I worked hard for 30 Hall of Monument points. Seeing people get 39 instantly was a really depressing day. To be fair the patch notes don’t state that the Hall of Monuments was re-enabled just that the rewards were removed from those affected (to quite a mounting controversy apparently). Hopefully we’ll get them soon…

Actually… The rewards are active for me when I switched characters. That was odd.

(edited by LunarRXA.5062)

Posted by: Estel.5723

Estel.5723

Hey guys I did a trick I had heard about fixing HoM bugs. Log in to GW1 and reset your HoM from personal achievements to account or vice versa then log into GW2. It worked for me!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, logging onto a different character made the rewards appear for me. Checking on the first character again.

Edit: Yup, rewards are now there on the first character, too.

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

Here’s a question; With the acception of the 3 points you get for linking accounts, do you have to physically enter HoM from GW1 to get more points? Cuz I have “Legendary Defender of Ascalon” which, if I’m not mistaken, counts for 2 points for HoM rewards (under “Any Title Statue” in reward calculator) and yet the I’m still at 3 points on HoM achieves instead of 5.

LunarRXA.5062

@Headcase.4618 – Yeah. You need to complete a portion of Eye of the North to get rewarded with a monumental tapestry (or buy from other players in Kamadan) probably 5 platinum per tapestry and unlock the honor monument where you can display the statues.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Something tells me that they were not really serious.

Or maybe, just maybe an issue turned up soon after that would have broken something else, so they decided to not go ahead with it?

Rather funny this. People always whine about them not testing stuff enough, but when they actually do test stuff, people whine about them not releasing stuff fast enough.

Now the “fix” is live and… it seems there was a problem with it anyway. ::bitter laughter:: Nobody wins.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Here’s a question; With the acception of the 3 points you get for linking accounts, do you have to physically enter HoM from GW1 to get more points? Cuz I have “Legendary Defender of Ascalon” which, if I’m not mistaken, counts for 2 points for HoM rewards (under “Any Title Statue” in reward calculator) and yet the I’m still at 3 points on HoM achieves instead of 5.

Legendary Defender of Ascalon is just a standard title. It requires X amount of titles to get a point.
But yes, you also need to actually place the statue in the Hall.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: femalehumanmeta.8351

femalehumanmeta.8351

Hey guys I did a trick I had heard about fixing HoM bugs. Log in to GW1 and reset your HoM from personal achievements to account or vice versa then log into GW2. It worked for me!

Thank you! This worked for me. I’m seeing all the pets and Kimmes isn’t broken anymore. Yay!

Posted by: BambaZonke.2184

BambaZonke.2184

yep your right, swapping to another character worked ta very much…

Happy bunny now :-)

Posted by: Bone Dragon.4617

Bone Dragon.4617

Thanks!! to you and your team! I now have my Fiery Dragon Sword (and my other two items )

| Dungeon Adventures & Blackstone Defenders |
| Blackgate | [DnD] & [SWAK] |

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Thanks for the fix anet.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

There are still issues with the game, and the HoM, as a result of the build of 7/28. If you have come across bugs that have not been reported in our bug-tracking thread please add them. Otherwise, rest assured the issues will be resolved as soon as possible.

I think it’s best at this time to close this thread, because the issues to which it refers were addressed and any remaining or new issues can be handled in the bug thread linked above.

Thanks for your patience as we got to the HoM adjustments, and we’ll tidy up any remaining issues ASAP.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet