Halloween Festival End Date

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

We wanted to let you know that this year’s Halloween Festival will be ending on Wednesday, November 4.

We hope you enjoyed the celebration! I know I had a blast!

Will we be getting new hairs/faces then?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

But I haven’t figured out the Endless Bat Brew Recipe yet. I’m sad.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

As far as we all know…there isn’t one…it has to drop from ToT bags.

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I do believe that was his point!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

I do believe that was his point!

Don’t go getting all hot, Dante! (see what i did there?)

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

You had plenty of time to enjoy the Halloween event but probably chose to play the expansion instead. HoT isn’t going anywhere soon. I knew that and prioritized my time enjoying the festival.

He has a point though.

Halloween went live 10/23. We have notice that it ends tomorrow, 11/4. Two weeks would have gone through server reset on the 6th at the very least.

Not really.

I completely prioritized Halloween, and when those gem-store item timers came up I even shortened my schedule. I did complete all achievements and got my main Halloween goals by now.

But I do not at all feel like I am ready with Halloween and still have stuff to go for.

So even if you calculated this date, it’s still (too) short.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Lots of pumpkins in the low level portion of level 1-15 zones. Then of course the Labyrinth has around 15-20 scattered about.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Yamialexa.5103

Yamialexa.5103

-snip-

He has a point though.

Halloween went live 10/23. We have notice that it ends tomorrow, 11/4. Two weeks would have gone through server reset on the 6th at the very least.

No, he doesn’t.
Quote from the Halloween announcement: “Beginning on October 23, the Shadow of the Mad King event returns for nearly two weeks of ghoulish capers, spooky fights, and holiday fun!”
It doesn’t state anything about a full two weeks.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They did say it would run for “almost two weeks” in the initial announcement. So it was never going to make it all the way to Friday.

I gave up and sold some weapon skins I’d been saving for personal use and was able to buy the Brew today. Bye bye Chaos Longbow and Scientific Hammer …

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

You had plenty of time to enjoy the Halloween event but probably chose to play the expansion instead. HoT isn’t going anywhere soon. I knew that and prioritized my time enjoying the festival.

He has a point though.

Not really.

I completely prioritized Halloween, and when those gem-store item timers came up I even shortened my schedule. I did complete all achievements and got my main Halloween goals by now.

But I do not at all feel like I am ready with Halloween and still have stuff to go for.

I wasn’t referring to the prioritizing Halloween over HoT part. That was just common sense to me. I’ve done basically the same, but I’m really feeling the lack of playtime regarding the goals I set.

-snip-

He has a point though.

No, he doesn’t.
Quote from the Halloween announcement: “Beginning on October 23, the Shadow of the Mad King event returns for nearly two weeks of ghoulish capers, spooky fights, and holiday fun!”

Conversely, “nearly” could also mean slightly longer than 2 weeks too. Generally speaking, their events are usually at least 2 weeks. It’s just mildly odd that they are cutting this one short.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

He has a point though.

Not really.

I wasn’t referring to the prioritizing Halloween over HoT part. That was just common sense to me. I’ve done basically the same, but I’m really feeling the lack of playtime regarding the goals I set.

-snip-

He has a point though.

No, he doesn’t.

Conversely, “nearly” could also mean slightly longer than 2 weeks too. Generally speaking, their events are usually at least 2 weeks. It’s just mildly odd that they are cutting this one short.

Nearly could mean slightly over, but in general use it normally means slightly less or not quite. If people are going to mean over an amount they say slightly over or just over.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

He has a point though.

Not really.

-snip-

He has a point though.

No, he doesn’t.

Nearly could mean slightly over, but in general use it normally means slightly less or not quite. If people are going to mean over an amount they say slightly over or just over.

Nearly simply means “close to,” at least given my background it’s not “normally” used to mean slightly less as opposed to slightly more. Its used pretty equally around here. shrug

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Well to nitpick, nearly means close too. But 14 days from the 23rd, including the 23rd would put it on Nov 5th. So before we got the reply, the usual reset is on a Tuesday which would mean either 3rd or the 10th. 3rd is nearer to the 5th than the 10th so most players in my guild expected it the 3rd. Annoyed by the shortness of it, the calculated distraction of HoT and the key ingredient of the Nightfury piece.

But I understand. They want to roll out raids very soon as the next distraction. Then Wintersday.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

He has a point though.

Not really.

-snip-

He has a point though.

No, he doesn’t.

Nearly simply means “close to,” at least given my background it’s not “normally” used to mean slightly less as opposed to slightly more. Its used pretty equally around here. shrug

Possibly regional differences then. It means ‘not quite’ here and just over is used for more. I didn’t even consider that nearly might be interpreted to mean more than the time period. When I saw nearly in that post, it meant ‘less than’ to me.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

We wanted to let you know that this year’s Halloween Festival will be ending on Wednesday, November 4.

We hope you enjoyed the celebration! I know I had a blast!

After all the glitches and crashes, we had hoped you would extend our Halloween events.

Hoped.

That’s what we do here… Hope.

Hope the game will work today.

This hour.

This event.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

pity i didn’t had any time to play Halloween

was mostly doing map competition and LS2 achievements

next time I hope

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Posted by: Tsazao.6318

Tsazao.6318

Will there be heads up before the update?

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Lots of pumpkins in the low level portion of level 1-15 zones. Then of course the Labyrinth has around 15-20 scattered about.

Yes,2 or 3 near the mad king in Caledon Forest and I suspect that is the same in the other starter zones if I looked. I will miss having that daily.

Posted by: Yamialexa.5103

Yamialexa.5103

Will there be heads up before the update?

Probably only the usual 10 minutes before next build announcement.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Any update on when?

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Laurie.1698

Laurie.1698

Had a great time with the Halloween Festival! I always do. I look forward to it every year, three years now. Thank you for doing this festival. I got lots o loot, had fun with all of it. Now time to store my corn, make my recipes, bank all my ingredients and save them up for next year like I always do. Ready to start out the next one next year with stashed supplies Oh, I liked it so much I went ahead and bought HoT. I was on the fence about it, but I was having so much fun I just wanted to go on to the next level. One adventure led to another. Twas a Happy Halloween!!

“Do not scorn caring and sympathizing, they are the gifts of a gentle heart!”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Posted by: irishfaery.9607

irishfaery.9607

Don’t get me wrong, I love this game (since the first) and trust Anet, and understand they have a schedule to keep. But I feel it’s a shame they crammed so much to do in this event in so little time to do it in. Many people work or have other real life obligations and it just didn’t seem fair to end it so early. But they did so we have to move on because they probably won’t change their mind about that.

So all I ask is, could we maybe next year have better advance notice on when the event and others like this are going to end so we can plan accordingly (instead of vague words like “nearly”)? Many people, thinking they had probably until at least Friday, a.d.d.ed on other released content, thinking they could wrap up Halloween with no problem (or whatever other reason that prevented them from playing Halloween, real life, etc.), and we were only informed it would end the day before it ended. If we had advanced notice, people might have been able to schedule their stuff around it better, instead of ending up like “oh crap!” and scrambling in vain to get everything.

And since Anet themselves in this post said they have a schedule to keep and cool stuff coming, it means they have a defined schedule, and knew all to well when it ended, and could have told us sooner – even an extra day ahead of time might have helped some people. So all I’m arguing is, just some better communication with players on these things would be nice. (I do understand they are all very busy with all this new content, but there are different departments in Anet, like any business, and the forums/communications people should have mentioned the end time sooner, imo).

(edited by irishfaery.9607)

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

Bravo ANet.

Unopened Endless Batwing Brew on RNG.

Supply of under 30 ATM, and ranges from 600 gold to 1200 gold.

And this is as an ingredient for a single shoulder skin with an animation.

I guess you’ll have to protect the 1%’s market share and NOT introduce that recipe for crafting the Endless tonic as you said you would, oh, a year ago was it?

Posted by: Little Leota.5849

Little Leota.5849

Had a great time with the Halloween Festival! I always do. I look forward to it every year, three years now. Thank you for doing this festival. I got lots o loot, had fun with all of it. Now time to store my corn, make my recipes, bank all my ingredients and save them up for next year like I always do. Ready to start out the next one next year with stashed supplies Oh, I liked it so much I went ahead and bought HoT. I was on the fence about it, but I was having so much fun I just wanted to go on to the next level. One adventure led to another. Twas a Happy Halloween!!

Laurie, I really enjoyed your post! It made me think of how, at harvest time when all the work is done, we store up our supplies, cook delicious foods, and enjoy the warmth of hearth and home during winter’s chill while looking forward to the coming year.

I loved the Halloween event too! It seemed like it went by so quickly, and I’m already excited for next year. Now, though, I have a jungle to explore and a guild to work on, and Wintersday to look forward too!

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Going to miss these guys..
Halloween was fun – and maybe next year I’ll finally make the jumping puzzle…

Attachments:

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Bravo ANet.

Unopened Endless Batwing Brew on RNG.

Supply of under 30 ATM, and ranges from 600 gold to 1200 gold.

And this is as an ingredient for a single shoulder skin with an animation.

I guess you’ll have to protect the 1%’s market share and NOT introduce that recipe for crafting the Endless tonic as you said you would, oh, a year ago was it?

It needs to go to 725G

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

How long will the vendors stay to sell the stuff, or do they leave same time too?

Every time, it’s immediately. So don’t expect them to hang around this time either.

Actually the Halloween vendor was available year round.

This is the first time it will not be available. So it is a good thing someone asked.

If you mean Sonder the Seller, I think he’s more of a festival vendor, since he offers items related to more than just Halloween. If you mean another one, do you recall that name?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Very disappointed. Don’t you think we were in the labrynth during the last couple days of the event instead of watching the forums for some last minute notice?
Communications at it’s worst.
Even Sonder the Seller appears gone.
Is it really that hard to actually plan ahead and tell us?

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

Soooo… the Lunatic Courtier missed the memo about the Halloween event having ended.

Attachments:

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Sonder the Seller was moved to northwest of the Commodore’s Quarter in LA.

Posted by: Fuji.6284

Fuji.6284

I had an amazing time with the festival:

Attachments:

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

Any rarer drops? Best thing i go was the mini pumpkin moa from Mad King Says

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Will treat bags opened after the festival ends still yield the festival rewards? I forget if they turn off the festival drops from treat bags or not.

Treat bags continue to produce Halloween items when they are opened.

Very disappointed. Don’t you think we were in the labrynth during the last couple days of the event instead of watching the forums for some last minute notice?
Communications at it’s worst.
Even Sonder the Seller appears gone.
Is it really that hard to actually plan ahead and tell us?

This information was posted at Noon on November 2nd. The event ended the morning of November 4th nearly 48 hours later. Communication on this was more than adequate.

Sonder is still present; I visited him last night. Look to the upper left of the Lion’s Arch map; closest WP is Commodore’s Quarter and he is called “Festival Merchant.” He stands out on the overlay map with festival item icons.

Holy cow, Fuji. That’s just amazing!

Laurie, I really enjoyed your post! It made me think of how, at harvest time when all the work is done, we store up our supplies, cook delicious foods, and enjoy the warmth of hearth and home during winter’s chill while looking forward to the coming year.

I loved the Halloween event too! It seemed like it went by so quickly, and I’m already excited for next year. Now, though, I have a jungle to explore and a guild to work on, and Wintersday to look forward too!

Thanks for the posts. I really, really love the Halloween festival. Glad to see some kindred spirits ~nudge~

Thanks to everyone for joining us this year. Can’t wait to see Mad King Thorn again next fall!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)