Halloween-I Usually Don't Complain, But...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: thomdane.3670

thomdane.3670

So, this was the announcement from last year’s Halloween in 2013 Blood and Madness:

“The Blood and Madness content will be available from October 15 to November 11, including rewards and achievements.”

This was almost a solid month of good Halloween Content (My fav time of year, and I really enjoy the GW2 Halloween stuff. Some don’t, that’s ok too). Here’s the post about this year, however:

“Later in October, we’ll be bringing back our famous Halloween festivities! Blood and Madness will be returning to Guild Wars 2 on October 21 and remain active until the return of Season 2.
Last but certainly not least, Season 2 is returning on November 4! Make sure to log in and participate in the continuation of Living World Season 2.”

So, 2 weeks? If the Halloween Crafting is anything like last year, I would have to play GW2 as a 2nd job for those 2 weeks. That fact aside, I just think 2 weeks for Halloween content is kind of underwhelming. I enjoy the Living World Season 2 stuff (some don’t, and again, that’s ok too) but I am ok with pushing it back a couple more weeks for some fun, once-a-year content.

I am Eredon Terrace
Order of the Blue Heron [OTBH]
Arathorn Cirdon – Warrior | Ariana Cirdon – Mesmer

Posted by: steveway.3167

steveway.3167

So, this was the announcement from last year’s Halloween in 2013 Blood and Madness:

“The Blood and Madness content will be available from October 15 to November 11, including rewards and achievements.”

This was almost a solid month of good Halloween Content (My fav time of year, and I really enjoy the GW2 Halloween stuff. Some don’t, that’s ok too). Here’s the post about this year, however:

“Later in October, we’ll be bringing back our famous Halloween festivities! Blood and Madness will be returning to Guild Wars 2 on October 21 and remain active until the return of Season 2.
Last but certainly not least, Season 2 is returning on November 4! Make sure to log in and participate in the continuation of Living World Season 2.”

So, 2 weeks? If the Halloween Crafting is anything like last year, I would have to play GW2 as a 2nd job for those 2 weeks. That fact aside, I just think 2 weeks for Halloween content is kind of underwhelming. I enjoy the Living World Season 2 stuff (some don’t, and again, that’s ok too) but I am ok with pushing it back a couple more weeks for some fun, once-a-year content.

They’re probably shortening the Halloween event to fit LS pt 2 before wintersday.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

They are shortening Halloween because it was too confusing and overwhelming for new players.

steveway.3167

They are shortening Halloween because it was too confusing and overwhelming for new players.

I doubt it. Did you read this somewhere?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I think 2 weeks is fine. I will be away from a computer for those 2 weeks like usual so that is when the Halloween skins will come back, some of which I would like to have. Life goes on.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Hi, welcome to the party!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Yargesh.4965

I doubt it. Did you read this somewhere?

they are trying desperately to be clever. It works in forums you know.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I’m okay with 2 weeks for Halloween; last year I got really bored with the Halloween content after… pretty much exactly 2 weeks.

And I’m sure this year’s Halloween will be more of the same. I am interested in how they will handle achievements this time, but I don’t expect any new content.

I’m really more interested in the living story starting Nov 4.

Posted by: MoogleCoffee.7420

MoogleCoffee.7420

I’m upset that they chose to let Blood and Madness return. Wasn’kitten big failure? Grind Candy Corn? Instead of bringing some events from the first Halloween Event, they bring back the failures of last year.

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

I’m more upset about the fact there is no LS until November 4th. I hope there isn’t a break for Wintersday too. Why are we stopping our all important war with Mordy to fight a separate war in the mists then eat some Halloween candy? And how is SAB taking away from the story if we can do huge breaks like this?

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I hope they will at least add something sygnificant to the halloween update, then last year.
Aside from a short and annoying quest, which had great ideas but disapointing pay off in refards to the first one at least

steveway.3167

I’m more upset about the fact there is no LS until November 4th. I hope there isn’t a break for Wintersday too. Why are we stopping our all important war with Mordy to fight a separate war in the mists then eat some Halloween candy? And how is SAB taking away from the story if we can do huge breaks like this?

Since the first part of the LS was 4 episodes, I would imagine this last part is also 4 episodes. That would put the finale on 12/16. I would think they would possibly start the wintersday activities either the next week (12/23) or the following week (12/30). Although starting on the 30th would be a late start. Regardless they shouldn’t need another break.

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

Two weeks could be fine if they improve certain issues and add some new updates. Maybe lessen the candy corn grind too.

I’m just wondering how they’re going to change Lion’s Arch, if they do. Seeing the hub city completely redecorated for the festivities is probably one of my favorite aspects about Gw2’s holiday content. It makes it seem much more lively.

Maybe we’ll see the Black Citadel get a holiday revamp if the quest and instanced content is now taking place there?

(edited by La Goanna.8142)

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

Since the first part of the LS was 4 episodes, I would imagine this last part is also 4 episodes. That would put the finale on 12/16. I would think they would possibly start the wintersday activities either the next week (12/23) or the following week (12/30). Although starting on the 30th would be a late start. Regardless they shouldn’t need another break.

Mid-season break doesn’t mean it was necessarily in the middle of the season.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

steveway.3167

Mid-season break doesn’t mean it was necessarily in the middle of the season.

Granted it may not be exactly 4 more eps, but it would not be logical to have so many more you would need another break. Then it would just be a break not a mid season break. The term afterall denotes a point in the middle of the season (approximatly). I think at most there would be 5 more and at minimum 3. I guess we’ll just have to see in the next part.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i didn’t know they were doing halloween, i guess it’s good they are doing something between now and november.. but dragon bash seems more lore tied than adventure box and halloween {oops i mean mad king stuff, which you can argue is traditional guildwars stuff, but i’m pretty sure it’s just hallowweennn} and they didn’t do anything for dragon bash this year not even a simple piñata in lions arch, so whatever.. i’m probably going to involve myself in this years hollween stuff as much as i did last year,  which i didn’t

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

I agree. I would also love to have Halloween a full month (or longer). They don’t really need any new skins. Just make previous available again with some nice content. Maybe a new second JP would be awesome and bringing the dungeon from the first Halloween back. That was also an awesome dungeon.

Or if we want a nice story, let the mad king have regrets and so to make up for his wrongdoings use his powers to fix LA to it’s old state?

Personally I’m more interested in Halloween then in the second part of the LS. In fact I really like all the bigger breaks from those LS patches.

I do wonder if this time the whole world is decorated in stead of only once city / LA. That was the only negative really.

(edited by Devata.6589)

zenleto.6179

Or if we want a nice story, let the mad king have regrets and so to make up for his wrongdoings use his powers to fix LA to it’s old state?

This would be something. And keep a very mild but still GW2 bent on the place.

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

How do I Halloween?

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I love Halloween. No one dose it better than guild wars. I hope it’s not a rerun of last years Halloween. I kinda liked that it was a story in its self that happened once a year.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I’m more concerned by the idea that Blood and Madness is returning. Does that mean it’ll be the same thing as last year? No progress to the story of Mad King Thorn or Bloody Prince Thorn? I generally like Guild Wars Halloween festivities, but if it’s just last year again I’m going to be greatly disappointed.

zenleto.6179

Was last year so poor? I enjoyed it. I didn’t start until Jan 2013 so I missed the first one but is it really so bad or is it “forum” thing?

Yargesh.4965

Was last year so poor? I enjoyed it. I didn’t start until Jan 2013 so I missed the first one but is it really so bad or is it “forum” thing?

Mostly a forum thing. They also released new content when it was still going so it was empty on a lot of servers.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

No it was very good. But it was very similar to the year before they even took out a dungeon while putting in place the small instance.

Many people expected an expansion and a return of the old stuff as well.

Posted by: Starfleck.8392

Starfleck.8392

First year’s Halloween was the best! That’s just the point.

Blood & Madness really shouldn’t make a return, in most players’ opinions, but Shadow of the Mad King was an update that truly set a good precedent for GW2, akin to the glory days of GW1. In fact, had they just about repeated the first year’s content in the 2nd year, I’d be willing to bet most players would have been ecstatic, however they didn’t.

So yes, I’d say please take a solid look at the first year’s activities and bring most if not all of THAT back, but just… no, no Blood & Madness again, please. >_<

We are such flecks as stars are made of. . .

zenleto.6179

No it was very good. But it was very similar to the year before they even took out a dungeon while putting in place the small instance.

Many people expected an expansion and a return of the old stuff as well.

Oh ok, I see.

I’ll keep other thoughts to myself

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I suspect that we won’t see four episodes when it comes back in November, more likely two maybe three; last year Wintersday ran from the 10th of December to the 21st of January, I suspect it’ll be much the same this year, I would guess it will run from the 2nd of December to mid-January. A fourth episode on the 16th is really not on the cards as they don’t seem to be capable of running two things at once (as in they can’t seem to run a WvW season and the Living World at the same time, despite the fact that the WvW season is introducing nothing new, well, apart from some redone achievements).

I would guess that this will be another “Festival of the Four Winds”-style rehash too, it’s still “Blood and Madness”, if they were moving the story on then they would have given it a new name. So no new content for another two months. That makes it, what, over 6 months this year without any new content and they added light content for the other 6 or so months.

A significant departure from their new releases every two weeks last year.

Posted by: Spiderbite.8049

Spiderbite.8049

Considering the amazing event(s) Anet put on for the two year anniversary….

be glad they’re doing anything.

“No, I don’t.”