Halloween before or after HoT release?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: King Vinas Solamnus.4852

King Vinas Solamnus.4852

Just wondering if we’re getting Halloween in 2015 and if it’s before or after Heart of Thorns release. Someone from Arenanet answer please. =)

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Interview

After the announcement of HoT, many players were concerned that the old game content would be left in the dust. Unfortunately, that is partially true. But Johanson wanted to reassure players that even though there is a lot of focus on the new HoTness, events like Halloween will still continue and patches will still come to the old game. Johanson believes that there will be plenty to do in the old game for free players. – Source

So Halloween will still be running this year, but as to whether it is before or after the release of HoT, we don’t know yet. It is possible it might be dropped alongside the expansion.

Posted by: King Vinas Solamnus.4852

King Vinas Solamnus.4852

It’s good to know Halloween will happen. I doubt they’ll come out and say when. Hoping for a cryptic reply like yes or soon.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’m hoping it’ll be on the 13th. This will give players about a week to do all of the shallower not content without feeling stretched between doing that and the expansion content.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’m hoping it’ll be on the 13th. This will give players about a week to do all of the shallower not content without feeling stretched between doing that and the expansion content.

There is no expansion, only Zule!, I mean Mad King Thorn day! I mean Halloween!

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

Interview

After the announcement of HoT, many players were concerned that the old game content would be left in the dust. Unfortunately, that is partially true. But Johanson wanted to reassure players that even though there is a lot of focus on the new HoTness, events like Halloween will still continue and patches will still come to the old game. Johanson believes that there will be plenty to do in the old game for free players. – Source

So Halloween will still be running this year, but as to whether it is before or after the release of HoT, we don’t know yet. It is possible it might be dropped alongside the expansion.

Where did they confirm it definitely would be happening? Last I heard about it from them was at PAX Prime and then they still weren’t sure if they would be able to do it at all this year with all the HoT stuff they need to get done.

BrotherBelial.3094

Interview

Where did they confirm it definitely would be happening? Last I heard about it from them was at PAX Prime and then they still weren’t sure if they would be able to do it at all this year with all the HoT stuff they need to get done.

If there is no Halloween this year I will riot. This is not a threat, it is a promise with a guarantee.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Halloween in Tyria:

Oct 22nd, 2012
Oct 15th,2013
Oct 21st, 2014

HoT: Oct 23rd, 2015

So since they favor Tuesdays for updates but HoT release being a Friday, I am thinking Halloween will be Oct 13th, 2015.

Posted by: Sol.6213

Sol.6213

Interview

“Halloween will still continue” doesn’t give a date folks. Continue in 2016 is a possibility.

Ayrilana.1396

Interview

“Halloween will still continue” doesn’t give a date folks. Continue in 2016 is a possibility.

Doesnt matter. Look into the context of what was being asked.

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I think it’s happening soon. The other day while exploring I saw candy corn mining nodes pop in and out of existence. Looks like they’re preparing for it.

BrotherBelial.3094

I think it’s happening soon. The other day while exploring I saw candy corn mining nodes pop in and out of existence. Looks like they’re preparing for it.

Na, I’ve seen them here and there all year long, last one was about 3 months ago in dessa by the guild rush.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Just said by Colin on TwitchCon stream, Halloween is coming soon!

Ayrilana.1396

Makes me wonder if they’ll make it a month long event by his statement.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Makes me wonder if they’ll make it a month long event by his statement.

I hope so. The first year was a month long. With HoT coming out on 10/23 I’ll be spending my time there, so if I’m to get my Halloween fix I’ll need it to start earlier this year.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.