Hammer Master without using a hammer?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ruzicka.4783

ruzicka.4783

I just noticed that I am close to achieving “Hammer Master”, with 483 out of 500 kills. The thing is though, none of my characters (Ranger, Engineer, Elementalist and Mesmer) can use a hammer! How is it possible to have attained 483 “hammer” kills? Do some character classes have skills and/or spells that can be counted as a hammer?

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Some environmental weapons count as using the hammer, I hear. For instance, one heart quest out in Blazeridge Steppes (I think) has you transform into a Raven-beast to beat up grawl. Each of those skills apparently count as a hammer kill.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I would think that lightning hammer would count for “hammer” kills, as it is a hammer…made of out lightning…with an ele this is entirely possible.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

(edited by pdavis.8031)

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

Spirit Hammer ? do you also play a Guardian ( without an hammer ) ?

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

Some utility and elite skill kills seem to count as certain types of weapon kills. I’ve used the Dagger Storm elite on my D/D + P/P Thief for a long time and I noticed at some point that I had a lot of Sword kills. This was before I started playing my Ranger as a LB + S/WH but was instead playing as LB + GS and I literally had no other character that had ever touched a sword. First thought I had was that the Greatsword kills by my Ranger were being counted as Sword kills or perhaps being double counted as Sword and Greatsword skills. Checked and that was not the culprit. Experimented some more and finally discovered that Dagger Storm kills were counted as Sword kills.

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

Posted by: sweetmesquite.5024

sweetmesquite.5024

I completed sword mastery on my ele when I killed a krait with a trident. Go figure?

Raenia—Elementalist
PUNCH STONEFIST—Warrior
Skera Veidhimadhr—Necromancer

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Might be bugged on some accounts. I’ve read a couple of threads where people get a weapon achievement for one weapon while using another. 483 is pretty high though. Did you play Lunatic Inquisition? There is an environmental weapon, a hammer, in there.

Posted by: limbeurt.9642

limbeurt.9642

Siege golem kills count as hammer.

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Necro wells count (or used to count) towards sword master. That’s how I got it before I shelved my necro. Lightning hammer does not count toward hammer mastet. No idea about spirit hammer.

Zelendel

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I just noticed that I am close to achieving “Hammer Master”, with 483 out of 500 kills. The thing is though, none of my characters (Ranger, Engineer, Elementalist and Mesmer) can use a hammer! How is it possible to have attained 483 “hammer” kills? Do some character classes have skills and/or spells that can be counted as a hammer?

Play EotM at all? If so, Kodan hammer train?

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I completed sword mastery on my ele when I killed a krait with a trident. Go figure?

I have a screenie somewhere of me getting Sword Master on my ele as well, but using a meteor shower? I still don’t see how a skill used by an ele (terrestrial or underwater) can count as a sword kill. Maybe if they made them shield kills or focus kills instead, perhaps…

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

You can gain mastery on various weapons, not just by using a particular weapon, but w/ever your enemy uses as well. For eg: if you interrupt/block or w/ever hammer wielding enemy, you will get credit toward you hammer mastery and so on.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

You can gain mastery on various weapons, not just by using a particular weapon, but w/ever your enemy uses as well. For eg: if you interrupt/block or w/ever hammer wielding enemy, you will get credit toward you hammer mastery and so on.

If someone dies of your retaliation, you might also get credit for his weapon.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

You get points for 500, however mastery is 5000.

Astral Projections.7320

You get points for 500, however mastery is 5000.

Yah 5000. Which is one thing for hammer but really hard for something like shield which also has 5000 kills.

And to put a cherry on top, you can get a title for something like carving up a few pumpkins for Halloween but no title for getting 5000 kills on each and every weapon.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I have a screenie somewhere of me getting Sword Master on my ele as well, but using a meteor shower? I still don’t see how a skill used by an ele (terrestrial or underwater) can count as a sword kill. Maybe if they made them shield kills or focus kills instead, perhaps…

I had the same thing happen, except with one of the ele daggers skills.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

In fact, that Arah Personal Mission “Air Drop” or how it is called in English, that lets <you fight the misison in a siege golem with that Super LAZOR easily gives you a couple of hundreds of kills, which will count all towards hammer.

Basically you can max out the achievement alot with this mission, if you stop the mission, before you end it, and repeat it nonstop until you have killed as a golem enough undeads to hit the 5000 kills.
Alone with this mission and several of my characters on my account I did, before i actually used a real hammer with my warrior while exploring for his 100% around 1350 Kills , and among of that at least 3x that mission, so basically half of those kills come only from that 1 mission.
How I got the other half is even a riddle to me self xD But I guess it comes from kills as Raven Avatar ect. what has been said here.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

In fact, that Arah Personal Mission “Air Drop” or how it is called in English, that lets <you fight the misison in a siege golem with that Super LAZOR easily gives you a couple of hundreds of kills, which will count all towards hammer.

Basically you can max out the achievement alot with this mission, if you stop the mission, before you end it, and repeat it nonstop until you have killed as a golem enough undeads to hit the 5000 kills.
Alone with this mission and several of my characters on my account I did, before i actually used a real hammer with my warrior while exploring for his 100% around 1350 Kills , and among of that at least 3x that mission, so basically half of those kills come only from that 1 mission.
How I got the other half is even a riddle to me self xD But I guess it comes from kills as Raven Avatar ect. what has been said here.

I don’t remember driving a golem in the PS!? I might need to go check that out again!

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

Some environmental weapons count as using the hammer, I hear. For instance, one heart quest out in Blazeridge Steppes (I think) has you transform into a Raven-beast to beat up grawl. Each of those skills apparently count as a hammer kill.

I got my staff master while using a treb in the story quest about defending Vigil Keep from Risen…and I was playing my thief.

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Posted by: Zygomaticus.7469

Zygomaticus.7469

one fractal uses hammer. probably that’s it.

Would it be cool to live forever?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yah 5000. Which is one thing for hammer but really hard for something like shield which also has 5000 kills.

Been playing a Sword/Shield Warrior since launch.

I’m up to 4300+ kills with a Shield. x.x Curse this 1 target Shield Bash skill!

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

I can confirm Glyph of Elementals definitely summons creatures without your weapon type. The Earth Elemental is definitely a ‘sword’ but I didn’t bother checking the others.

Might be the fire/water/air ele’s all use different weapon types as well.

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

Astral Projections.7320

Been playing a Sword/Shield Warrior since launch.

I’m up to 4300+ kills with a Shield. x.x Curse this 1 target Shield Bash skill!

Yah. One target at a time, longish cooldown and it has to be the killing blow, not just damage leading to a kill.

I rarely use shield and most of my shield kills are from daily ambient killer. I equip a shield for that to get a few easy points toward shield master.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Yes the shield mastery is evil. I like the idea of using it for ambient killer daily.
“Bunny Basher” title for my shield mastery, please.
It really is that killing blow that makes it so difficult to get regular mobs to count towards it. At least it’s nothing like the Yak Slapper title requirements.
Maybe Anet will have some sympathy and allow some environmental weapons to count towards the shield mastery.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

Yes the shield mastery is evil. I like the idea of using it for ambient killer daily.
It really is that killing blow that makes it so difficult to get regular mobs to count towards it. At least it’s nothing like the Yak Slapper title requirements.
Maybe Anet will have some sympathy and allow some environmental weapons to count towards the shield mastery.

use shield guardian skill #4 Shield of Judgment , 5 targets , 30 sec CD

Astral Projections.7320

use shield guardian skill #4 Shield of Judgment , 5 targets , 30 sec CD

When I do this on my guardian I use scepter/shield and scepter/focus. While the shield skill is on cooldown I switch to focus. You can kill ambients with skill 5 and if you’re lucky enough to get a 2 or 3 in a group close together, skill 5 will hit all of them. Then I switch back to shield. Rinse and repeat for the daily.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I don’t remember driving a golem in the PS!? I might need to go check that out again!

It exists (or existed, I dont know it it still does, heard ANet changed something on the personal story with the FP ..)

Wai,t I#ll look for it in the wiki ..

here it is and i remembered correctly its name xD

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Air_Drop

Do play this one, slaughter in a matter of a few hours thousands over thousands of undeads as a Siege Golem with a Super Lazor and grind at the end at your hammer achievement, as each kill with that golem counts towards hammer and tons of undeads do you have to battle here in multiple waves

Rinse and repeat, stop the mission befoe you end it and start it over till you max out the achievement basically…

for those that are interested, heres a video of that mission
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2MN_4WcrAw
PS: have never seen before such a noob playing this mission lol xD nearly dieign from the mobs is serious business there xD Don#t know whats so hard to laser all of those mobs away before they basically reach you xD

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)