Hard Content please.

Hard Content please.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

can we have some hard and challenging content please.

after all this Dumbing down the whole game, i would like the option to play as i want to play ( like it was advertised 2 years ago)

i like to play hardcore, challenging things.

i dont want butterflys and unicorns prancing around giving me an easy time.

i want demons keyboard smashing my dead corpse 1000 times before i kill them.

sort yourself out Anet, lets have some actual real MMO action

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Hard Content please.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

after all this Dumbing down the whole game, i would like the option to play as i want to play ( like it was advertised 2 years ago)

Have you considered the Dark Souls franchise? Sounds right up your alley.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Hard Content please.

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

From what i’ve seen concerning the new skill unlocks, Anet countinues to cater to the
mentally handicapped. If you just want a challenging experience, you should give games like the Souls series or some old SNES titles a go. I’m currently playing Symphony of the Night and I’m having a blast; learning enemy patterns, dangerous bosses, good character progression; seems to me like what you probably want from GW2.

If it has to be an MMO, try XIV; less grind, more challenge (yes, I’m serious).

Hard Content please.

Zardul.3952

set some Evil B#stards on me. let them hunt me down. give me some really hard Challenging things to overcome.

i dont want your butterflys and unicorns.. they can go back to peppa pig land

Hard Content please.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

While I agree with you, we are not the majority.

people came on the forums thinking shadow of the dragon was too hard.

what you’re seeing now is not Anet having difficulty sorting themselves out, its them making content that can be played by the current gamer generation.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Hard Content please.

Crovax.7854

what you’re seeing now is not Anet having difficulty sorting themselves out, its them making content that can be played by the current gamer generation.

The thing is, they don’t even give us the mere option to play hardmodes because it would ‘separate the playerbase’. Seriously? Come on!

Catering to your main audience is fine but conditioning your players to behave like braindead zerglings because that gives the best rewards and then changing the game to accomodate that playstyle is their fault.

Just look at some pre-release stuff.
Zardul isn’t wrong when claiming the game was advertised as something completely different and had Anet stuck to their vision, players might have adapted ‘clever’ play.

Hard Content please.

Zardul.3952

Demons/ Dragons/ Minions…. whatever

give them an instant kill skill … i dont care.

GIVE US MORE HARD CONTENT !!?!

these butterflys and soo called world bosses are a joke. i have a harder time play fighting my 3yr old sister.

(edited by Zardul.3952)

Hard Content please.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

It seems to me that it’s a bit of “bad if you do, bad if you don’t”, at least as far as the forum community goes.

Forum: Please give us harder and more challenging content!!!

(buff Tequatl and add Triple Wurm)

Forum: (After they haven’t been defeated within an hour of going live) “It’s impossible to do, pls nerf now!!!!”

Forum: (several months after they’ve been introduced) “They’re impossible to do unless you join a specific guild and/or show up with enough time in advance to coordinate properly, pls nerf now!!!”.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Hard Content please.

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

They need to stop trying to keep both groups together to begin with. Accepting that eventually they would create content that the casualiest casual would never be able to complete would be the first step towards adding some proper content to the game.

It’s all rainbows and unicorns with everyone having about the same access to every aspect of the game and reap the same rewards, the dungeon reward tracks in PvP being the cherry on top as the ultimate ‘stop kidding yourselves hardcore PvE players MWAHAHAHAHA!’.

Players who’ve dedicated endless hours of their lives in perfecting every single detail of their game should be set apart from the masses. Not with fancy titles and a handful of achievements to complete, but with more content designed specifically for them.
Though as ArenaNet blew their best bet as far as adding some sort of challenging instanced content when they declared that there would be no new dungeon content in the near future when they had everything they needed in these new Mordrem monsters that actually had very interesting mechanics… I expect it may be at least 6 months until we see some actual content being added, my prayers are with your patience fellow hardcore gamers

Hard Content please.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It seems to me that it’s a bit of “bad if you do, bad if you don’t”, at least as far as the forum community goes.

Forum: (After they haven’t been defeated within an hour of going live) “It’s impossible to do, pls nerf now!!!!”

Forum: (several months after they’ve been introduced) “They’re impossible to do unless you join a specific guild and/or show up with enough time in advance to coordinate properly, pls nerf now!!!”.

You should realize, that when someone asks Anet to make “harder content”, they usually mean “make content hard enough for everyone else except me to fail”. They almost never want to find themselves below the required skill/effort threshold. And if content is indeed hard, they usually do.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Hard Content please.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

I know this may seem odd but have you considered SPVP/WvW? No npc will ever be truly as challenging as another human and if its challenge you want. Humans make the best prey.

starcraft against cpu on hardest difficulty is quite hard but against a human is absolutely brutal.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Hard Content please.

Zardul.3952

pvp is not challenging at all.
think im at 98% rating in soloq and team arena.. not too far from top 1000

the point is.

all these Rainsbows and unicorns ticklling me and producing easy to no challenge will not only bore me( hardcore players)
but also Casuals.

DO NOT get the word casual mixed up with EASY MODE.

soo fed up of these little unicorns doing nothing. with no challenge.
Set me on fire, chain me to a volcano and give me 1 minute to kill… i dont care
give me a challenge.

Hard Content please.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I agree we really need something worth doing. It has been 2 years
I usually(if I am bored) log in and do teq, salvage my drops and promptly log out.
Aetherblade is fun but terribly unrewarding.

We need a UW style dungeon that if we wipe, we get booted from the instance for example.

What made GW1 was the amount of high level dungeons that people could do and not get bored. UW, FoW, DoA, Urgoz, Deep, and some EoTN dungeons. We could run them as many times per day as we wanted! GW2 dungeons are timegated because they are NOT a challenge and people were getting too much gold. So, instead of making the game have high risk/ high reward content, Anet decided to be lazy and just time gate everything.

GW2 has aetherblade and maybe Arah(although it truly isn’t difficult), the cool skins that people want are either gemstore or legendary with the possible exception of the aetherblade skins.
After 2 years there is little reason to keep playing, while GW1 held my attention for 10k hours and I never got bored.
Anet needs to wake up.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Hard Content please.

Posted by: Teckos.1305

Teckos.1305

I will have to disagree here, it is all about learning, there is no real learning curve in the gw2 leveling content, most of the monsters are not designed with players tutoring in mind: heavily telegraphed attack do not deal high amount of damage(sometimes not telegraphed attack deals huge amount of damage), no condition pressure from the mobs, no skills worth interrupting…
If anet prepared the players during the leveling, there would be less cases of facing a brick wall when in front of some subjectively easy content.

Hard Content please.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Go solo Teq. They’ve already stated that gone are the days of working on Dungeons and no you cannot have them convert the rest of the known bosses in open world to a raid. Sorry.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Hard Content please.

Posted by: Cavalier.9064

Cavalier.9064

“Butterflies and Unicorns.”

We got it, you can stop saying it now.

Hard Content please.

Posted by: Coopziana.1802

Coopziana.1802

I’d be happy with a few more hardcore contents being added… Main reason I’m posting is just to express my gratitude towards Zardul. Although you are a bit rage-like, It has had me laughing my little Asuran behind off!

Like & Subscribe to “Game Slobs” on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/gameslobsuk

Hard Content please.

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

To the OP… I know this suggestion is not "harder content, " but you could attack the mobs bare-knuckle style.

No joke – put that legendary/ascended weapon down and pick up a green or a blue. And if that’s not challenging enough, take off some armor or remove your trinkets. (Or remove your alternate weapon.)

I know it sounds crazy, but I was doing some sigil testing with a white weapon a few weeks ago, and it’s amazing how much more effort I had to use to kill even simple mobs. It’s just a thought. GL!

Moonlight [THRU]

Hard Content please.

Posted by: Ergolicious.1507

Ergolicious.1507

From reading those forums, I think I start to get it. The majority of the people whining about GW2 are the ones who bought this game only for the PVE when it’s NOT meant to be a pve game. GW1 was ALL about pure pvp and Anet tried to please both ends with Gw2 but they failed (because pve in gw2 is EASY as kitten and has no challenge at all).

So you people should just go find some random solo rpg-like game if mindlessly bashing creeps is more your thing instead of whining about how the pve is boring and plain in a game where the PVP is the interesting thing.

(edited by Ergolicious.1507)

Hard Content please.

Crovax.7854

To the OP… I know this suggestion is not “harder content”

Then why make it when OP clearly states he’d like to see harder content?

So you people should just go find a solo rpg-like game if that’s more your thing instead if whining about how the pve is boring and plain in a game where the PVP is the interesting thing.

If only it was :/ Have you played PvP for an extented period of time? I have. It gets dull extremely quickly and looking at the numbers of players actively playing sPvP many seem to agree.
In other games like WoW I came for PvE and stayed for PvP, just as you said but conquest spamfest without resources and cooldowns isn’t my idea of ‘fun’.

(edited by Crovax.7854)

Hard Content please.

Posted by: Ergolicious.1507

Ergolicious.1507

So you people should just go find a solo rpg-like game if that’s more your thing instead if whining about how the pve is boring and plain in a game where the PVP is the interesting thing.

If only it was :/ Have you played PvP for an extented period of time? I have. It gets dull extremely quickly and looking at the numbers of players actively playing sPvP many seem to agree.
In other games like WoW I came for PvE and stayed for PvP, just as you said but conquest spamfest without resources and cooldowns isn’t my idea of ‘fun’.

I agree that there should be more than ONE pvp mode but personally, I don’t play gw2 only so I don’t get bored easily. It’s the same for every game really, if you play it a lot and only that, boredom will come at one point.

Hard Content please.

Posted by: Flitzie.6082

Flitzie.6082

From reading those forums, I think I start to get it. The majority of the people whining about GW2 are the ones who bought this game only for the PVE when it’s NOT meant to be a pve game. GW1 was ALL about pure pvp and Anet tried to please both ends with Gw2 but they failed (because pve in gw2 is EASY as kitten and has no challenge at all).

So you people should just go find some random solo rpg-like game if mindlessly bashing creeps is more your thing instead of whining about how the pve is boring and plain in a game where the PVP is the interesting thing.

This guy gets it right.
All the easy instances, the laugable bosses etc etc should be a hint enough to everyone that this game is not a PVE game. If I can steamroll a max-level dungeon wiht 3 people only by pressing a button then its not meant to be challenging.

This is infact a pure pvp game much like GW1
Sadly, you have to grind your butt through Pve to be good at WvW. and even PvP is now only available at, what, level 15 or something?! lol

You touched the shiny, didn’t you?

Hard Content please.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

@OP

You want harder and challenging gameplay? Then GW2 may not be for you. I am not suggesting you quit or anything, but maybe revaluate this game, and what you are looking for in a game.

Also for harder gamplay I would highly reccomend Ironsword: Wizards and Warriors II for the NES, or Battletoads. These might be up your ally as far as hard and challenging content.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Hard Content please.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

This guy gets it right.
All the easy instances, the laugable bosses etc etc should be a hint enough to everyone that this game is not a PVE game. If I can steamroll a max-level dungeon wiht 3 people only by pressing a button then its not meant to be challenging.

This is infact a pure pvp game much like GW1
Sadly, you have to grind your butt through Pve to be good at WvW. and even PvP is now only available at, what, level 15 or something?! lol

PvP (and WvW) is still available at level 1. Just the icon on the top of the screen is hidden. You can still get there through a portal or hot key.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Hard Content please.

Flitzie.6082

PvP (and WvW) is still available at level 1. Just the icon on the top of the screen is hidden. You can still get there through a portal or hot key.

Ah, alright. Glad I never use the portals or hotkeys, guess I get some hotkeys going if I ever need it.

Hard Content please.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I highly doubt GW2 will reach a good reputation in that regard. Challenge is a myth in this game, just get over it.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Hard Content please.

Flitzie.6082

An interesting thought Valento. The reputation might suffer from this, have the devs not thought about that?
We’ll see.

Hard Content please.

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

SaB is the only challenging solo content in this game tbh. Yet they will not bring it back atm.

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

Hard Content please.

Posted by: Fivona.5061

Fivona.5061

Hard Content please.

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Because he also mentioned that he wants a challenge. As users, we can immediately and directly alter the level of difficulty that it takes to conquer the content by making ourselves less dominant, which can make for a more challenging experience. Do you (or anyone) really think that coming on the forums and posting that “I want….[insert desire here]” is really going to make Anet change something as core about their game as the content’s difficulty level? Especially since doing so will please some and anger others who are probably the majority. What I suggested was my experience and what may offer the OP something that he can control and regulate. (It’s similar to selecting a difficulty level option in some console games I’ve played in the past – easy, normal, hard.) If you want hell mode, go bare-knuckles!

Moonlight [THRU]

(edited by Krypto.2069)

Hard Content please.

Valento.9852

The game is so much centered around easy pie stuff to cater to the casual audience that it’s becoming ridiculously dumbed down. Just see changes to skillbar and downed state. There should be a “Skip this kitten, I know it from the very start” button. #justsaying

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Hard Content please.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Note the signature of the OP states they main a ranger (mayhap they enjoy use of the Dreamer) and their alt is a mesmer. Funny, that.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Hard Content please.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

In every MMO I have played I have noticed the people screaming they are bored, things are too easy, etc., are the very ones that bypass, exploit, glitch use 3rd party add-ons, macro, etc.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Hard Content please.

Posted by: Uuni.3561

Uuni.3561

It is impossible to cater to every demographic. It’s impossible to take care of every disability. This is a video game not some necessity that needs to have handicap-ramps and lifts installed in every step of gameplay. Before launch I bought this game because it set out to deliver the vision of people who made GW1. The vision was not the current iteration of Guild Wars 2 or if it was, boy are they good at lying with a straight face.

People who made GW franchise what it is must be crying right now because of what their flagship looks like – the development of GW2 revolves around extremely casual players and microtransaction store. The people who wanted to deliver that original vision must have left the studio or been forced into submission because this is not what this game set out to be, this is not what I expected at all when I first bought this game

(edited by Uuni.3561)

Hard Content please.

tigirius.9014

An interesting thought Valento. The reputation might suffer from this, have the devs not thought about that?
We’ll see.

I doubt it will suffer because it’s suffering now. You see they built a prelaunch reputation for doing things differently, then they catered to the hardcore crowd with fractals and now that fractals has lost it’s flavor for most of them they are in here trying again to take this game in a direction it wasn’t meant to go in even tho they’ve stated in a recent interview that they wouldn’t be doing this. From a business model, listening to 1% of your playerbase in the design of the game is just suicide.

Hard Content please.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

See, here’s the thing, you can self correct challenge. You obviously are avoiding doing so. Also, what you describe as “challenge” sounds more like you’re asking them to satisfy some morbid taste? Since you keep mentioning visual characteristics and not combat mechanics.

A lot of players play a game for fun. Challenge is not required for everyone to obtain that goal. Heck, the most fun I’ve probably had in game is “Snowball Mayhem”. It’s the most balanced PvP in the game and it’s fun.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Hard Content please.

tigirius.9014

It is impossible to cater to every demographic. It’s impossible to take care of every disability. This is a video game not some necessity that needs to have handicap-ramps and lifts installed in every step of gameplay. Before launch I bought this game because it set out to deliver the vision of people who made GW1. The vision was not the current iteration of Guild Wars 2 or if it was, boy are they good at lying with a straight face.

People who made GW franchise what it is must be crying right now because of what their flagship looks like – the development of GW2 revolves around extremely casual players and microtransaction store. The people who wanted to deliver that original vision must have left the studio or been forced into submission because this is not what this game set out to be, this is not what I expected at all when I first bought this game

“the development of GW2 revolves around extremely casual players and microtransaction store. he people who wanted to deliver that original vision must have left the studio or been forced into submission because this is not what this game set out to be, this is not what I expected at all when I first bought this game”

I’ve been here since BWE2 exactly what original hardcore vision are you talking about? LOL Every prelaunch video I’ve seen talked at length about the open world PVE being their focus, the reasons why they wouldn’t be dungeon focused, and the costs involved and speed increase of updating the open world monthly. Until post Launch Nov 2012 with the announcement of fractals, this game was originally supposed to be all about casuals.

Hard Content please.

Valento.9852

This “self correct challenge” is really annoying. I never had to appeal to this kind of stuff to get decent challenge, it gets to a point it’s hilarious.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Hard Content please.

GOSU.9574

This “self correct challenge” is really annoying. I never had to appeal to this kind of stuff to get decent challenge, it gets to a point it’s hilarious.

Perhaps this isn’t the game for you, judging by that comment.

I don’t play FPS games since they are not the kind of “fun” I am after. I don’t pack sand, not my bag.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Hard Content please.

GOSU.9574

Perhaps this isn’t the game for you, judging by that comment.

I don’t play FPS games since they are not the kind of “fun” I am after. I don’t pack sand, not my bag.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Hard Content please.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

You probably aren’t going to get what you want.

The number of players in any mmo that can complete such content is so phenomenally low compared to the rest of the player base that its generally not a good use of resources to focus on it that much. Not when they can make content everyone can use instead.

Hard Content please.

Zardul.3952

Butterflys and unicorns.

even the Swear box on the forums makes you say " kitten" which in some respect shows the challenge level of most monsters.

Kittens, Butterflies and unicorns…

the Challenge Mote in living story is a good start. give that to all dungeons and world bosses.

Hard Content please.

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

The number of players in any mmo that can complete such content is so phenomenally low compared to the rest of the player base that its generally not a good use of resources to focus on it that much. Not when they can make content everyone can use instead.

Who says you can’t make content for everyone but still have greater rewards for completing said content under different, more difficult situations? Fractals is a good example of content for anyone but can get up there in terms of difficulty… Unfortunetly rewards are utter crap and anet has only touched fracs once or twice in 2 years…

Hard Content please.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Who says you can’t make content for everyone but still have greater rewards for completing said content under different, more difficult situations? Fractals is a good example of content for anyone but can get up there in terms of difficulty… Unfortunetly rewards are utter crap and anet has only touched fracs once or twice in 2 years…

I’m sure they could. But clearly they don ‘t feel its worth the time and money they’d spend balancing the content for both the easier and more difficult versions of it.

For better or worse their teams are focused on more frequent story based content, likely because it makes sure the majority of players keep logging in every week to play it and get the related achievements before the next part comes out. It also gives them more opportunities to toss content related items in the gem store.

Sadly, really difficult content doesn’t make them any money.

Hard Content please.

Posted by: Abellus.2615

Abellus.2615

I see most content as being released for the average, casual player to complete in their spare time around school/work schedules.

Then you have dungeons like Arah and Aetherpath, and bosses like the three-headed Jungle Wyrm, that people still have trouble finding groups for, and even more trouble finding someone willing to teach them the fights so that they can do it regularly.

It’s not that difficult content doesn’t exist, it’s just not the focus of most releases. The current difficult content isn’t being done enough to warrant making more. Large portions of the playerbase already complain that the current hard content sets too high of a bar for everyone else to get in on. And, let’s be fair, there are plenty of other MMOs that cater to players looking for more difficulty, and very few that have both promised and successfully maintained a casual atmosphere; GW2 is the latter.

I play GW2 for its casual nature, for the fact that I can complete pretty much anything without mind-numbing difficulty. When I am looking for a challenge I play something else. When I want a fun and friendly social community where I can play casually and still get somewhere for doing it, I play GW2. =P