"Hardcore" folks dont want "casuals" pugging.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

“Hardcore” player here.. I only call myself that because of my ridiculous amount of time in game and knowledge of it.

I hate the elite ist mentality and thankfully it isn’t too Much of an issue in gw.

Raids should definitely be puggable “casuals” should definitely be allowed to clear raids.

All players should be able to include themselves in all content.
Such a silly argument

I dont agree. I think if raids provide something as important as legendarry armor things of incredible value that can effect the economy of the game by removing the need to ever buy any stat set of armor there should be no barrier to attempt it but certainly barriers to success. puggable raids just seems kind of wrong from that perspective.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

There is smaaall little reason why legendary armor must remain locked behind hardest content in the game. It is called Crafting.

Nothing should belong only to a small fraction of the players in this game. I can go through a raid – this is no problem, I have years of experience in hardmode content.

But why is it necessary? Why this should be tied to the raid content? We have here WoW or GW2? I came to play in GW2. And I want to stay in it – not in clone of WoW.
So legendary armor must be hard-to-get, but only like legendary weapon. Raids must be pure challenge. This is only way to prevent the separation of the community.

Here we go again. WoW and doom in the same post. “Years of experience” yet you don’t understand why armor sets with free stat swapping should not be available to everyone.

Posted by: meeflak.9714

meeflak.9714

“Hardcore” player here.. I only call myself that because of my ridiculous amount of time in game and knowledge of it.

I hate the elite ist mentality and thankfully it isn’t too Much of an issue in gw.

Raids should definitely be puggable “casuals” should definitely be allowed to clear raids.

Such a silly argument

I dont agree. I think if raids provide something as important as legendarry armor things of incredible value that can effect the economy of the game by removing the need to ever buy any stat set of armor there should be no barrier to attempt it but certainly barriers to success. puggable raids just seems kind of wrong from that perspective.

How so? What’s the difference between having a group of hard core players clearing a raid vs. A group of casuals ? If both can finish it then both deserve the reward.

Your being rewarded for having the skill to clear the raid, not dedicating x amount of time to gw2 .

If the pugs can clear it then they deserve whatever the dungeon has to offer. And I feel like saying they shouldn’t be alllowrd to get the legendary armor just because they put in less time then us is wrong.

Anyone who puts in the work to clear the raid. And craft the armor deserves to use it.

Hardcore. Casual, vets, New players alike

All professions lvl 80. x2 elementalist
main Druid ~~Adalyn Del Rayna~~ [SIGH]
[Ehmry Bay]

Deth.4109

Such a silly argument

How so? What’s the difference between having a group of hard core players clearing a raid vs. A group of casuals ? If both can finish it then both deserve the reward.

Your being rewarded for having the skill to clear the raid, not dedicating x amount of time to gw2 .

If the pugs can clear it then they deserve whatever the dungeon has to offer. And I feel like saying they shouldn’t be alllowrd to get the legendary armor just because they put in less time then us is wrong.

Anyone who puts in the work to clear the raid. And craft the armor deserves to use it.

Hardcore. Casual, vets, New players alike

that is true. I believe I misunderstood your point.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Going in with a PUG in any instanced content is a choice. Don’t want to, show up with a raid team from your guild or friends list. Nobody, anywhere, suggests that the only way to play this is you sign up and get assigned with a random group of players.

So the choice is ultimately yours who to play with.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

it’s the same “group” that keept demanding changes in GW1 for the PvP, completely ignoring the impact it had on the majority of players.

Do not make raids into something only “Izzy’s” buddies can do, make them hard and challenging but doable.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

zzZzZ Who cares? Hardcore players SHOULD have content designed for them. There is nothing else in the game meant for hardcore players. Pugs should definitely be able to play it and try it and if they put in the effort succeed. But casuals who don’t want to put in the time and effort? I don’t agree that they shouldn’t be allowed to do it but they certainly shouldn’t be able to fake their way through it like with dungeons.

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

I don’t agree that they shouldn’t be allowed to do it but they certainly shouldn’t be able to fake their way through it like with dungeons.

Honestly I don’t see where the “not allowed” comes into play? I mean what restrictions outside of difficulty would inhibit people from doing it? Being locked to a certain instance? Guild Only? Attunements?

Ps. This isn’t directed at you, but it is more me not understanding why people say casuals or pugs aren’t allowed.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

that is not “hardcore”, just plain stupid.

Eldbrand Charging.8902

quote[“Years of experience” yet you don’t understand why armor sets with free stat swapping should not be available to everyone.] end quote

And who is supposed to decide who it should be available too, you?

Posted by: Mayga.7241

Mayga.7241

Here we go again. WoW and doom in the same post. “Years of experience” yet you don’t understand why armor sets with free stat swapping should not be available to everyone.

I understand that perfectly. I know where it leads here in GW2. And you? You so much want to stand near the bank in LA whith OMG unique armor, that close your eyes to what will become the only friendly community in all MMO games? And do not care what will happen to the game?

“WoW” way – a road to nowhere. Path to the past without a future. Gv2 is next-gen MMO. Unnecessary regress

Deth.4109

I understand that perfectly. I know where it leads here in GW2. And you? You so much want to stand near the bank in LA whith OMG unique armor, that close your eyes to what will become the only friendly community in all MMO games? And do not care what will happen to the game?

“WoW” way – a road to nowhere. Path to the past without a future. Gv2 is next-gen MMO. Unnecessary regress

my friend that made no sense.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

And this is how it starts XD

Q.E.D.

Exactly why i was always against raids. Like i said so often in the end its all about
the bragging rights and not about the challenge.

Oh .. and hello to my stalker NT.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

(edited by Beldin.5498)

BrooksP.4318

Whats actually interesting is the more “casual friendly” they made WoW raiding, the more toxic it became.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

quote[“Years of experience” yet you don’t understand why armor sets with free stat swapping should not be available to everyone.] end quote

And who is supposed to decide who it should be available too, you?

Developers of course. They already decided that it should be available only to people that will do raids.

Dinks.2478

I don’t agree that they shouldn’t be allowed to do it but they certainly shouldn’t be able to fake their way through it like with dungeons.

Honestly I don’t see where the “not allowed” comes into play? I mean what restrictions outside of difficulty would inhibit people from doing it? Being locked to a certain instance? Guild Only? Attunements?

Ps. This isn’t directed at you, but it is more me not understanding why people say casuals or pugs aren’t allowed.

I don’t know, I’m referring to the OP and the claim of not wanting it puggable. It should definitely be puggable, if they put in the time and effort. They should certainly not make it easier to make it “puggable” though for people who don’t want to put that effort in.

Deth.4109

Whats actually interesting is the more “casual friendly” they made WoW raiding, the more toxic it became.

I played wow for 4 years and I think that has more to do with how hard it to maintain a good environment as a community gets larger but thats just my opinion.

Mayga.7241

Looking at how much you protest against pure challenge in raids, I am increasingly convinced that I was absolutely right. You don’t need challenge – you want superiority. And this is the main sadness.
Anet, please, look at this and think about it until it’s too late.

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

So let me get this strait, you think anybody basically should be able to complete this CHALLENGING group content? “smacks head” tho I don’t think it should be challenging for bragging rights, that’s just stupid. And for all you people complaining about raids, just remember, this is ONE raid after TWO YEARS of total poop for dungeons/fractals. Calm down and just pretend it never existed, the rest of the updates are for you, 1 thing after two years isn’t gonna kill you.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

(edited by TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

There is smaaall little reason why legendary armor must remain locked behind hardest content in the game. It is called Crafting.

Nothing should belong only to a small fraction of the players in this game. I can go through a raid – this is no problem, I have years of experience in hardmode content.

But why is it necessary? Why this should be tied to the raid content? We have here WoW or GW2? I came to play in GW2. And I want to stay in it – not in clone of WoW.
So legendary armor must be hard-to-get, but only like legendary weapon. Raids must be pure challenge. This is only way to prevent the separation of the community.

Just like the weapons? Oh wait, I’m down to the stuff the needs gold. Gold is not hard to earn. And no where near hardcore.

It becomes something for hardcore players only and hardcore groups that can do it with a few under ten, they will likely sell the other spots for gold. Just like they do in dungeons.

So might as well make it doable by PUGs. It doesn’t have to be easy for them.to do it. But once guides get released, it should be doable, but difficult.

Looking at how much you protest against pure challenge in raids, I am increasingly convinced that I was absolutely right. You don’t need challenge – you want superiority. And this is the main sadness.
Anet, please, look at this and think about it until it’s too late.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! You saying that nobody likes challenge in a game?!?!?! Glad you can brain read everybody out there. Of course just like with any game there will be guys who simply want to feel superior, but there are also people like that in pvp. You saying we should remove PvP from the game? Oh and WvW cause you can fight in there too.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

Dinks.2478

Just like the weapons? Oh wait, I’m down to the stuff the needs gold. Gold is not hard to earn. And no where near hardcore.

It becomes something for hardcore players only and hardcore groups that can do it with a few under ten, they will likely sell the other spots for gold. Just like they do in dungeons.

So might as well make it doable by PUGs. It doesn’t have to be easy for them.to do it. But once guides get released, it should be doable, but difficult.

They CAN do it, there is no restriction blocking them aside from difficulty. It is CHALLENGING content. If they can do it they can do it. That is the only way to put it. Nobody will stop them from doing it but themselves.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

They CAN do it, there is no restriction blocking them aside from difficulty. It is CHALLENGING content. If they can do it they can do it. That is the only way to put it. Nobody will stop them from doing it but themselves.

Claiming because of the stat swapping they shouldn’t be available to everyone when the weapons aren’t is what I was replying to. And that there will be raid spot sellers just like there are dungeon spot sellers. And even some casuals will be willing to organize to defeat the content once guides are out.

And if ANet makes them sellable, then all bets are off and everyone with a credit card can have them just like the current set of legendary weapons.

BrooksP.4318

I played wow for 4 years and I think that has more to do with how hard it to maintain a good environment as a community gets larger but thats just my opinion.

That could also be the case as well.

While obviously my personal experience is subjective. However I did “hardcore” or progression raiding in WoW from release to BC release. We raided 5-6 hours a night 5 nights a week. Anytime we didn’t spend raiding we either chilling out, or prepping for the next raid. Since most of our time outside of raiding was focused on discussing boss strats or farming/prepping for the next night. We didn’t really have time to sit around and gloat or flame others.

While this does go more along with smaller playerbase, but once we progressed past a certain dungeon some members would actually join up with new raiding guilds or “PuGs” and assist them with that dungeon. Usually either because they wanted a certain item, they knew someone in that group, or just liked the instance.

As it tiered down it didn’t seem as much of a challenge and people lost respect in regards to the time/effort people put into it, and those who did them felt a sense of superiority on being able to do at a higher level or faster. Similar to how in Gw2 dungeon and fractal speed runs are extremely toxic and divisive.

Mayga.7241

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! You saying that nobody likes challenge in a game?!?!?! Glad you can brain read everybody out there. Of course just like with any game there will be guys who simply want to feel superior, but there are also people like that in pvp. You saying we should remove PvP from the game? Oh and WvW cause you can fight in there too.

I only say, that legendary armor must be like legendary weapon. And if you really want only challenge, you can safely receive for raids skins and titles. Nothing more. Like in fractals or dungeons. Because legendary armor it’s not just skin and you all understand this perfectly.

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

I don’t mind anybody joining, as long as it corresponds to what I listed in the LFG’s.

I mean, “P1 80’s EXP”

And someone with 200 achivements and level 60 joins and says “im good doe”

Sorry, but there’s nothing at all wrong with someone not wanting newbs with them.

LMAO!! yea because Achievement Points is an accurate way to read a player’s skill. /endsarcasm. There are so many Leets like ^ that in this game and people still like say things like “GW2 has one of the best communities out there….” Not even close… not with people like that becoming the norm.

They are a plague on any game they touch. A disease that spreads very quickly. Just look at the LFG window… completely full of things like that… “No Newbs”, “Experienced Only”, “6000 AP +”, “Ping Gear” … I feel like people like that forget that this is a game… and games serve one purpose… Fun / Entertainment.

Some of these snobs have the nerve to say “No Newbs” on completely new content that no one has played yet… what kind of logic is that?

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

I only say, that legendary armor must be like legendary weapon. And if you really want only challenge, you can safely receive for raids skins and titles. Nothing more. Like in fractals or dungeons. Because legendary armor it’s not just skin and you all understand this perfectly.

I do agree I think legendary armor outside of raids is a good idea. Whether the skin is the same or not is up to debate. However I do believe legendary armor IS just a skin. The only other thing different is that it can swap stats. That’s not that big of a change. It doesn’t have a stat gain at all. Its just a QoL thing that not everyone needs.

/s

I don’t mind anybody joining, as long as it corresponds to what I listed in the LFG’s.

I mean, “P1 80’s EXP”

Sorry, but there’s nothing at all wrong with someone not wanting newbs with them.

LMAO!! yea because Achievement Points is an accurate way to read a player’s skill. /endsarcasm. There are so many Leets like ^ that in this game and people still like say things like “GW2 has one of the best communities out there….” Not even close… not with people like that becoming the norm.

They are a plague on any game they touch. A disease that spreads very quickly. Just look at the LFG window… completely full of things like that… “No Newbs”, “Experienced Only”, “6000 AP +”, “Ping Gear” … I feel like people like that forget that this is a game… and games serve one purpose… Fun / Entertainment.

Some of these snobs have the nerve to say “No Newbs” on completely new content that no one has played yet… what kind of logic is that?

Ya AP is a horrible way to tell skill. And while a games purpose is for fun, some people have different ways of having fun. Some people like having faster runs and some people don’t. Which isn’t a problem at all. The problem is that the two people mix sometimes when they shouldn’t. Some people join zerk only runs with no zerk. Some people join all welcome groups and try to go fast and complain when it doesn’t. And I think what he means by no noobs is be decent with your class.

/s

Posted by: Thunderwitch.3672

Thunderwitch.3672

Raiders should have only Challenge. And do not get any rewards affect gameplay just skin and perhaps the title. There can be no reward legendary exclusive things with disposable stats. Challenge you want – and get it and will not get anything that will give you an advantage in the game.

(edited by Thunderwitch.3672)

Beldin.5498

I wanted to hear the outcry of the vocal players here if they had made legendarys
only available to PvP players that win some E-Sport events.

And hi to my stalker NT.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

And even some casuals will be willing to organize to defeat the content once guides are out.

And if ANet makes them sellable, then all bets are off and everyone with a credit card can have them just like the current set of legendary weapons.

First, I hope it won’t be so easy for “casuals” to kill it. IF they made the legendary armor sellable ( unlikely ) AND a decent amount of people liked the skin AND the skin could only be acquired through raids, then I think it wouldn’t be that bad of a idea. For the people that do raids to get the skin, they can either A: unlock in wardrobe if they like it or B: sell it for good money on the TP to still get a use out of it.

/s

Posted by: Thunderwitch.3672

Thunderwitch.3672

I mean, “P1 80’s EXP”

Yes, its plague. And now we have lost immunity. It will be even worse.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I wanted to hear the outcry of the vocal players here if they had made legendarys

And hi to my stalker NT.

Actually if you remember a year or so ago, Arena.net offered existing precursors and legendaries to those who finished highly ranked during a PvP season… and fans blew a gasket over it.

And hi to my stalker NT.

Of course there would be a outcry. But that is why they should make other ways for people to get legendary armor. Whether its a different skin than the raid ones is up to debate.

/s

BrooksP.4318

And hi to my stalker NT.

If they earned it then they deserve it. What’s interesting is arrogance and envy are 2 sides of the same coin. Those who are jealous of those who have what they don’t are just as bad as those who are arrogant of what they have over those who don’t.

Eldbrand Charging.8902

OP want’s the same crap they tried to pull off in GW1 with The Deep and Urgoz, only people in Guild’s could get in, and it had to be big guilds or you had no chance of capturing and hold the entrance waypoints.
Well Anet backed down on that one pretty quickly and made it available to all.

Posted by: assasin oates.3018

assasin oates.3018

People will stupid opinions on leddit? shocking!

Beldin.5498

And hi to my stalker NT.

If they earned it then they deserve it. What’s interesting is arrogance and envy are 2 sides of the same coin. Those who are jealous of those who have what they don’t are just as bad as those who are arrogant of what they have over those who don’t.

The thing is .. that ALL other players in that case NOT deserve it because there
is no other way to earn it.

I only took that example because the hardcore players are always the vocal
majority on forums and other players are flamed down from them if they
also want some shinys .. because how could they if the don’t “work hard”
for it.

Heck in another thread one even used the old argument from other raid games
that was : if you don’t raid then you don’t need legendarys.
Thats absurdity at its best .. yeah raiders needs to have a more shiny armor
here to beat harder mobs ..

If however that stuff would have been hidden behind PvP .. those vocal players
suddenly would find them in the situation where everybody says : you are simply
bad players .. you don’t deservere it. It would really have be funny to see the reactions

And hello to my stalker NT.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

And hi to my stalker NT.

That would be awesome. Then declare one of them king of the mountain for this year and see a round of FlameWars 2 erupt around his comfy throne. The icing on the cake would be if it is a toxic, elitist moron who is king, preferably a young man that has turned 12 the day he bought GW2 and can only pull his stunts because he has snakelike reflexes instead of years of training and hard work.^^

Beldin.5498

And hi to my stalker NT.

That would be awesome. Then declare one of them king of the mountain for this year and see a round of FlameWars 2 erupt around his comfy throne. The icing on the cake would be if it is a toxic, elitist moron who is king, preferably a young man that has turned 12 the day he bought GW2 and can only pull his stunts because he has snakelike reflexes instead of years of training and hard work.^^

And some with just the minimum of achievements he couldn’t avoid to get
while playing ^^
And he played a bow-bear .. or Necro ..

Posted by: nathan goossen.9546

nathan goossen.9546

im just hoping casuals can make it in longer time then the hard core elite idiots

idk i like to have some challange but not over the top

i tryed for over 2 years joining a speed clear dungeon guilds but i always lak the skil or what ever even when im playing this game for over 3 years learned most things you nead to know about the bosses and such (wel arah excluted) and i was like wtf is wrong with speed clear ppl lol most of them always brag about go faster and faster and dont even enjoy the content

lol plz anet dont make it to hard for pugs and casuals i want to enjoy the content as wel

hell maby make 2 mods over kill mod for ppl who realy want to brag and casual mode where you get things slower but steadly

im pritty much liked fractals but at lvl 50 its only elite idiots who dont care if your perfect or not i make mistakes all the time like every casual but stil dont make raids overkill for casuals not funny

Naomi DragonFury

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

The issue with CGC is that if it is puggable by casuals then it clearly isn’t challenging (which is what the first C stands for).

nathan goossen.9546

wel i think they nead to make 2 mods hard and casual i want todo it to experince it as wel for fun thats whats game about anyway so why does only 1% of ppl most be capable of doing it while the rest stayes in the dust lol thats not fair

Naomi DragonFury

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

wel i think they nead to make 2 mods hard and casual i want todo it to experince it as wel for fun thats whats game about anyway so why does only 1% of ppl most be capable of doing it while the rest stayes in the dust lol thats not fair

99% can’t do it =/= casual pugs can’t do it. No one is asking for something only 1% of people can do.

Eldbrand Charging.8902

Make one mode for the “Pros” (as they like to call them self’s) with a timer, that get’s shorter for every time they beat the timer.
And one mode without the timer for everyone who likes to play GW2 for the fun of it.

im just hoping casuals can make it in longer time then the hard core elite idiots

idk i like to have some challange but not over the top

i tryed for over 2 years joining a speed clear dungeon guilds but i always lak the skil or what ever even when im playing this game for over 3 years learned most things you nead to know about the bosses and such (wel arah excluted) and i was like wtf is wrong with speed clear ppl lol most of them always brag about go faster and faster and dont even enjoy the content

lol plz anet dont make it to hard for pugs and casuals i want to enjoy the content as wel

hell maby make 2 mods over kill mod for ppl who realy want to brag and casual mode where you get things slower but steadly

im pritty much liked fractals but at lvl 50 its only elite idiots who dont care if your perfect or not i make mistakes all the time like every casual but stil dont make raids overkill for casuals not funny

“and i was like wtf is wrong with speed clear ppl lol most of them always brag about go faster and faster and dont even enjoy the content "

A: if they dont enjoy the content why are they doing it?!? lel. B: glad you got statistics about the number of “speed clear” people that brag. Mind posting me the link?

“lol plz anet dont make it to hard for pugs and casuals i want to enjoy the content as wel”

The rest of the content in the game is for you. This ONE thing after TWO YEARS is for the people who want challenge. You make that seam like its ridiculous. Like OMG everything in this game isn’t something I can do what is this plz stop this madness. Just lel.

“hell maby make 2 mods over kill mod for ppl who realy want to brag and casual mode where you get things slower but steadly”

Highly doubt they will do this. They already said no to hardmode for dungeons. And even if they did I would hope the rewards would be substantially lessened for this easier mode.

/s

Make one mode for the “Pros” (as they like to call them self’s) with a timer, that get’s shorter for every time they beat the timer.
And one mode without the timer for everyone who likes to play GW2 for the fun of it.

The “pros” also play the game for fun. Its just their definition of fun is different. And yeah I don’t think they will do this cause they already said no to hardmode for dungeons

/s

(edited by TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275)

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

I did not really think about it up until now, but how awesome would it be if Anet finally had given in to raiders, only to make it a pale shadow to any serious raid in any other game? The really glorious and funny part would be that they got their wish, a raid. Some people specifically demanded hard content instead of raids, those would still be screwed, But the rest could never complain again, akin to Anet saying:
“Here is your lousy raid, guys. Now leave a h:ole in the environment while we design open world content…”

Really, H O L E gets censored?

nathan goossen.9546

yea sure and for the fact i like todo everything in the game im in and oke i get ppl cryed for it for 2 years already but stil i dont want to be left behinde just becuase im casual and such i want to atlist be able todo it

Naomi DragonFury

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

99% can’t do it =/= casual pugs can’t do it. No one is asking for something only 1% of people can do.

Actually that’s what the hardcore have been asking for. They want content and especially rewards from content that only the elite of the elite can get. That means account or even character bound rewards that can’t be traded, bought or acquired another way. They want to flaunt their eliteness.

If PUGs repeatedly get their face smashed they hardcore is happy. Now once a guide/video gets posted and a PUG can get on the same page and succeed, then the hardcore can get upset all over again.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes