Have you ever broken ALL of your armor?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

I think the most I have ever broken was 5 pieces…once. I may break, on average, ~1 piece of armor a week and that is usually do to getting downed a the Fire Elemental and having an Ember Tornado spawn on top of me.

Do people really break that much armor?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

3 pieces max, only in dungeons. And that was a long time ago back when I still learned how to play. It was also because I forgot to repair my armor before I went into the dungeon (the armor was already beaten up).

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I broke 1 piece in the entire time playing since beta. It was a momentous occasion in a truly horrible fractal group. I was actually excited because I had never seen the mechanics before.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Get Dredge rolled on you in FotM and you might have your first all-armor broken experience.

You really won’t break much in open-world content, simply because its just too easy.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Daily, Map and BLC provided me with tons of repair kits, so I never broke more than 1 piece.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Yup I did, in my very first dungeon run. Literally, everything. As a classically bad ranger I was hopping around with naught but my bow and a leaf covering my behind. Ran out of coin for repairs too, had to have a friend send me some. The run itself took around three hours. Good times.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Yup I did, in my very first dungeon run. Literally, everything. As a classically bad ranger I was hopping around with naught but my bow and a leaf covering my behind. Ran out of coin for repairs too, had to have a friend send me some. The run itself took around three hours. Good times.

LOL, had the exact same experience in my first dungeon. Busy fighting so I didn’t even notice until I was downed and was like “hey, I’m naked!”

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I don’t really break my armor at all- (ok maybe one piece, in big events)- not since the wild days of betas when no- one had a clue, and I was leveling my first Mesmer, then I broke armor ;P
before the circus master was fixed in the human story he had me butt naked twice

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I think the first time I broke all my armor was when I was doing a (very difficult) JP with a Charr. I didn’t know Swiftness existed back then, and I was a a Charr in a JP.

That left me with several emotional scars.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Two words: Jade Maw. Kitten that place, for srs.

Beat that event with a gun, a dagger, and a pair of gloves entact. :P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Hmm… First time was … When I was trying to master Aetherblade temporary dungeon with the beamwall. But I rarely break my armor since I repair very much and don’t usually die… But as I said, when I die alot I realy die alot.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

Most i’ve had is 2 pieces broken due to wipes in fractals that i opened and didn’t have anywhere near enough AR for.

First time was in CoE failing on those lazers though.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Yep. I usually don’t bother to repair armor till it’s all broken. And since I lag a lot and my character stand around making idling animations while things are beating on it, it happens fairly often in PvE even.

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I did, but mostly because I did not care about getting repairs before then.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I haven broken them multiple times in WvW when I become too engrossed in the battle and in constant fights.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Most i’ve had is 2 pieces broken due to wipes in fractals that i opened and didn’t have anywhere near enough AR for.

About that bolded part ^^
My girlfriend broke all of her gear there. Hehe the lasers are realy annoying the first-time learning to jump there and don’t think you will die to much.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Minami Kaori.2548

Minami Kaori.2548

I broke all of them once on purpose. Simply to get the hint achievement complete

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Bringing up-leveled alts into LS event zergs, I’ve broken probably 4-5 pieces at a time, including my back item.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

sinzer.4018

About that bolded part ^^
My girlfriend broke all of her gear there. Hehe the lasers are realy annoying the first-time learning to jump there and don’t think you will die to much.

I do it naked now…

I broke all of them once on purpose. Simply to get the hint achievement complete

So that’s one of the 2 hints i have’nt gotten yet? Thanks for that

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Have you ever taught a full group of noobs how to run dungeons or fractals? I’ve broken my entire armor set and come out the end naked more than once doing so.. It’s not my duty to teach people how to play but when I get a full group of people that have no clue what they’re doing and are asking for help I don’t mind showing them the ropes, unfortunately that sometimes means at the cost of many, many deaths.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Posted by: maestrochino.7104

maestrochino.7104

If you do wvw constantly, either zerging or soloing, you must get used to frequent deaths and armor repairing.

Jade Quarry
Eternity, The Juggernaut, Kudzu…

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Sure when i first started the game and had no idea armor broke. I ran around naked for days until someone told me about armor repair ….

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

sinzer.4018

Have you ever taught a full group of noobs how to run dungeons or fractals? I’ve broken my entire armor set and come out the end naked more than once doing so.. It’s not my duty to teach people how to play but when I get a full group of people that have no clue what they’re doing and are asking for help I don’t mind showing them the ropes, unfortunately that sometimes means at the cost of many, many deaths.

I think it is our duty to teach new players. It’s the best method we have to try to influence the skill level of the playerbase.

I don’t like teaching a full group though. I prefer one or two decent people with me at the time to ease the load.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

All armour pieces broken, never. But I do always wait till I get my first piece broken before I use a repair kit….

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I would like to get my 100g+ back.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Hwk.6987

Hwk.6987

broke armour too many times.. But i wonder if they will remove it?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I’ve never broken all of my armor pieces. However, I have been down to nothing but my boots, back item, shoulders and breathing apparatus being unbroken during one of the Living Story Zerg events, but I honestly cannot recall which one it was. Other than that one instance I think I’ve only ever found myself with a single broken armor piece one other time.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

Honestly I would like to see the old GW1 death penalty system return. I thought it was fairly well implemented. It would have to be adjusted a bit for this game so it would be a tad easier to clear the dp, but I think it would promote skilled play overall. Not to mention it would make an incentive to actually kill trash mobs in dungeons (to clear some DP)

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I usually start feeling pretty fragile and strongly start considering repairs once I break one or two pieces. So no, I’ve never gotten to the point where everything was completely gone.

Of course, I don’t really do any of the things that lead to frequent deaths. Not WvW nor dungeons. So the only reason I ever end up with even a couple broken pieces is usually due to me just forgetting to repair my armor for a few days or weeks (depending on what I’m doing).

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

I ended naked once. I played a necro of a friend account, went in WvW a lot. Been to fractals without repairing and had to finish it with blue and green looted pieces of armor , the character ended with a skin totally different of what my friend had.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Once… back in the early days when we didn’t have a clue about how to fight (or dodge…)

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

There’s nothing like going up against Lupicus in just your pants..

Posted by: matty.1052

matty.1052

Once. My first character, an ele, did the personal story where you had to kill all the destroyers to help the skritt. I was barely at level to do it, and hadn’t bothered to replace my old gear yet. I was too stubborn to leave and go gear up correctly, so I ended up just replacing my broken armor with random pieces I had from loot drops.

This may be why I hate all skritt…

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Yep! Embarassing…

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Miriam.9241

Miriam.9241

At the BETA for sure in one personal Story at Sheamoor. I first not noticed that something like this would happen. But I am as fair I my Armor got broken I still playing my part until the end. Maybe if finish repairing them, but until the Job is not done, I play with this what I get. And it’s good to learn to play and survive. I’ve GW2 got better customizable underwear, I maybe more often broken the armor

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Ran with pugs in FoTM 40+ when having AR was completely meaningless because you get hit, its instant down. Combine this with grawl map and you got a ton of wipes, also the fact that leaving FoTM back then means unable of coming back.

Oh the days.

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Dredge says hello.

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

LOL I misunderstood broken with damaged and I thought “wut the kitten!?”.
I think I remember some situations when I was running naked, often I’m at a border of broking 1 piece of armor after 49 fractal with pug.

Posted by: shakome.7458

shakome.7458

once, when i was a noob and doing personal story for sylvari. I was level 5 and the story requirement is 7. i almost quit the game thinking why is it so hard to kill just 1 guy

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Yes it happens a lot when you wvw with a group of ppl you know and will rez you.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

Start running dungeons with pugs then show me how you don’t ever break more than 5 pieces of armor.. :<

\||||||/
O°v°O

sinzer.4018

Start running dungeons with pugs then show me how you don’t ever break more than 5 pieces of armor.. :<

You could wipe ever 5 minutes and not break 1 piece of gear if you repair when stuff’s broken :p

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

Yes, when I went AFK in Orr once. People kept reviving me.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I only go down with lag hits, mostly in dungeons, fratals and WvW.

The most I had broken without repairing was… I think that 6 pieces damaged, 1 broken. One day I got a bad pug that rushed in the stupid dolphin race, instead sticking together as they are supposed to.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Most I’ve gotten is 2 broken pieces. I always wait until my first armor piece breaks before I use a Repair Canister.

Posted by: Bob F It.5701

Bob F It.5701

Done it by res-rushing a difficult PS fight on my glassy thief. Still, it makes a scene when you just lunge at the enemy in your undies.

Right click your GW2 shortcut > “Properties”
“Shortcut” tab > “Target”
Add to the end " -bmp"

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Yes, when I went AFK in Orr once. People kept reviving me.

lol it’s so much fun to troll afk folks.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Not as often as I did events …

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

YES LOL!

I remember we were able to Waypoint dungeons during combat, and it was around launch time (~3 weeks in? maybe more) and I did Ascalonian Catacombs for the first time ever.

We were stuck on Adelbern and Ralena/Vassar.

Our strategy- Keep them aggroed so they do not regenerate health. This meant, if you died, you have to WP and run straight to the boss, not caring for armor repairs.

When we finished Ralena/Vassar, we were almost naked (I still had my pants on….)

When we finished Adelbern, EVERYONE was naked except for this norn male who had gloves on.

The funniest part was, when we first started, I saw this Asuran elementalist with very nice and overall “daring” armor scheme. When we ended, he was a naked mole rat. With underwear.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

YES LOL!

I remember we were able to Waypoint dungeons during combat, and it was around launch time (~3 weeks in? maybe more) and I did Ascalonian Catacombs for the first time ever.

We were stuck on Adelbern and Ralena/Vassar.

Our strategy- Keep them aggroed so they do not regenerate health. This meant, if you died, you have to WP and run straight to the boss, not caring for armor repairs.

When we finished Ralena/Vassar, we were almost naked (I still had my pants on….)

When we finished Adelbern, EVERYONE was naked except for this norn male who had gloves on.

The funniest part was, when we first started, I saw this Asuran elementalist with very nice and overall “daring” armor scheme. When we ended, he was a naked mole rat. With underwear.

That is how the fight with Zhaitan should have ended.