Have you gear grinded enough for Tequatl?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: deadatspawn.6045

deadatspawn.6045

As a new play to the game ( only 1 and half months in) what exotic do you recommend that i spend my money on? I was a D/D ele but switched to a exotic staff while playing Teq. I am in full rare but i’m ready to start spending on exotic. I have been farming SB but haven’t been lucky enough to find any exotic. Also i’m setup like this 0/10/0/30/30.

Also i only play about 1 to 2 hours a night since well life gets in the way

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Those requirements should be met by pretty much every single level 80 in the game.

Then you would be surprised a dev stated that 50% of players earned less than 3g in the first week of the pav farming event (excluding those earning less than 1g), which can generate 4g per hour minimum.
Go figure.

Yes, I would be surprised. If you are thinking about the same post I am thinking of then I believe that is not what was said.

This is the post I am thinking of:

In the last week, the median player earned less than 3 gold in the new content (that’s discounting all players who earned less than 1 gold).

So, english is not my first language, what do I do? I find out what a “median” is.

Then, and we will not get an answer to this, you have to ask yourself what “earned in the new content” means.

Unless you are thinking of a different dev post perhaps.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

Those requirements should be met by pretty much every single level 80 in the game.

Then you would be surprised a dev stated that 50% of players earned less than 3g in the first week of the pav farming event (excluding those earning less than 1g), which can generate 4g per hour minimum.
Go figure.

Yes, I would be surprised. If you are thinking about the same post I am thinking of then I believe that is not what was said.

This is the post I am thinking of:

In the last week, the median player earned less than 3 gold in the new content (that’s discounting all players who earned less than 1 gold).

So, english is not my first language, what do I do? I find out what a “median” is.

Then, and we will not get an answer to this, you have to ask yourself what “earned in the new content” means.

Unless you are thinking of a different dev post perhaps.

Yes, and what’s the issue?
Median is the “middle” number (ie. 50% of players earned above, and 50% earned below).
The event was highly accessible, and nothing more than a blatant farming spot for casuals, yet it seems people did not bite as much as expected?

Rouven.7409

Median is the “middle” number (ie. 50% of players earned above, and 50% earned below).
The event was highly accessible, and nothing more than a blatant farming spot for casuals, yet it seems people did not bite as much as expected?

The issue is that the number does not have the same implication as how it comes across when you say it like that.

a) You make it sound like everyone farms. Consider people only doing part of the content to get their achievements/dailies done.

b) The time-frame “last week” does not indicate the average amount of time spent in the content.

c) While an indication perhaps, 3G was in no way defined (money drop only, money drop including value of vendor trash, etc)

I guess in your context (gear grinding) we could establish that 50% of the players (which are only the ones who participated in that content at that time and in no way actually represents 50% of all players) made more then enough money to be decked out with the exotic/ascended gear at that point already.

BlueZone.4236

The issue is that the number does not have the same implication as how it comes across when you say it like that.

a) You make it sound like everyone farms. Consider people only doing part of the content to get their achievements/dailies done.

b) The time-frame “last week” does not indicate the average amount of time spent in the content.

c) While an indication perhaps, 3G was in no way defined (money drop only, money drop including value of vendor trash, etc)

I guess in your context (gear grinding) we could establish that 50% of the players (which are only the ones who participated in that content at that time and in no way actually represents 50% of all players) made more then enough money to be decked out with the exotic/ascended gear at that point already.

a) No, if anything, the dev implies 50% weren’t farming that event. If people are only doing achievements/dailies, then don’t you think that applies here, as well?
b) Average time is not required. Unless you suspect the same people will put in more hours now than before?
c) Correct he did not clarify. But that is the number he insisted on multiple times (and yes, I don’t fully believe it myself, but that’s his words/statistics).

The likelyhood of those participating the previous living story participating in this one is highly likely. Unless they quit, or something.
It’s up to the player’s discretion on how they want to spend their hard earned gold. Just because they can afford exotic/ascended and break the bank, doesn’t mean they will.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

It’s not grinding, everyone can easily obtain these items. If you aren’t 80lvl or don’t even have dungeon armors with some ascended trinkets it’s your problem. So, do you want arenanet to spoon-feed you and give everything at the character creation ? What will be “the goal” to play this game then ? Why do you want to kill tequatl then ? With the same logic, isn’t it grinding by gaining aps or trying to get ascended loot by killing tequatl?

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

It’s up to the player’s discretion on how they want to spend their hard earned gold. Just because they can afford exotic/ascended and break the bank, doesn’t mean they will.

I bought a full set for my nec a couple weeks ago, 9g fir the whole set, all drop armor. Chances are, most players can afford that by level 70 now, then sit on the armor until they get to 80.

Of course… I mainly bought it because it was MF armor, and I wound up changing it to the other mob drop armor set of the same style, that was going for ~30g But still, that was just one set of that type/style, and the rest were still ~9g for a non-MF set. Run some champs while leveling → oak-troll-spider-boar hehe, newbies are rich now

Rouven.7409

I think you lost me. So if over half of all people who participated in the pavillion did not farm/grind – even though it was a blatant farm spot for casuals (not sure why only for casuals) – and it is highly likely that all of those, unless they quit, are fighting Teq right now … and some guilds, as they have always existed, only want people that are decked out with bis equipment …

what exactly is the point of this thread?

Those people always existed and always will. People cry all over for hard content, exiting things, lament over the “zerg” etc.
You can’t zerg Teq, no matter what your equipment is.

Let me put it this way, this thread does not convince me that Anet’s secret agenda is to establish a gear threadmill.

Yes, in general they cranked everything up a little notch for the step to ascended, including drops and the amount of gold earned, but that’s about it.

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

Do you actually consider getting exotic gear to be that onerous?

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

You need to have a lvl 80 equipped char after 1 year …. soooo grindy.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

BlueZone.4236

I think you lost me. So if over half of all people who participated in the pavillion did not farm/grind – even though it was a blatant farm spot for casuals (not sure why only for casuals) – and it is highly likely that all of those, unless they quit, are fighting Teq right now … and some guilds, as they have always existed, only want people that are decked out with bis equipment …

what exactly is the point of this thread?

Those people always existed and always will. People cry all over for hard content, exiting things, lament over the “zerg” etc.
You can’t zerg Teq, no matter what your equipment is.

Let me put it this way, this thread does not convince me that Anet’s secret agenda is to establish a gear threadmill.

Yes, in general they cranked everything up a little notch for the step to ascended, including drops and the amount of gold earned, but that’s about it.

This was in my first post, right?

And let’s face it, if it’s not “required” for yourself, it is a requirement in order to make up for any deficiency caused by under geared casuals.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I think I see the points of this thread:

1. Dirty “casuals” cause an extra burden for awesome “hardcore” players because awesome “hardcore” players assume dirty “casuals” are not geared properly.
  2. Good reason to toss around the word “grind”.
The Burninator

Rouven.7409

This was in my first post, right?

And let’s face it, if it’s not “required” for yourself, it is a requirement in order to make up for any deficiency caused by under geared casuals.

How so? The encounter is designed for ~80 people if I remember correctly. So if there is an overflow can we agree that more than 80 people are participating?

The event is a level 65 group event, but you are saying that Anet designed the encounter deliberately around lvl 80 bis characters?

What am I missing or not understanding?