Healing support need's improvement

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

@Hannelore.8153

1) We are talking about outhealing not selfhealing

2) we are talking about pve not pvp

3) Sound like you got lose a fight 1vs1, I don’t pvp much but even I know that all classes on this game have a 30 sec cd that fully heals them , is call there " Oh kitten button" this has nothing to do with spell healing power or class or gear. I think any one will agree with me that if you take longer then 30 sec to down another player he out matches you

4) IF out healing was out of control like you say then anet wouldn’t had buff it this patch like they did by adding, rune of the monk changes, water sigil changes and sigil of the benevolence

I was talking about Healing Power , and why it cannot be buffed because of the current state of self healing. This in turn affects all healing, because it can’t be buffed.

If self healing and combo finisher healing was nerfed so that people couldn’t run around in full Berserker and be just as effective as all other healers, then there would be room for Healing Power to be buffed and full support roles to come into play.

That is my point, nothing more.

And why are you always so confronting of others for seemingly no reason?

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Posted by: Drakent.9605

Drakent.9605

no I just take the time educated my self on a game I plan to play before going around yelling stuff like " guess what zerker all the way hahaha"

you going to disagree with me by using does statements, then you got nothing

Listen you are not neutral you have already picked your side and sticking to it there is 3 days ,200+replies of evidence for that and you haven’t even budged, whoever disagrees with you , you are gonna shun them off,

You are the one who started this thread right
You are the one whose asking for more improvement for heals right, you are feeling healing is underpowered well there’s your answer Mr Educated man,go figure

I started this thread so does who play like me can add there own thought to the maters

so yea out of does 200 reply I have been getting 180 zerkers player coming in here telling us that it doesn’t mater if healing work or not b/c they game wasn’t meant for us to go around healing , that if we aren’t zerking we aren’t playing this game right so yea I am going shun you out on you own errors.

Drakent.9605

@Hannelore.8153

1) We are talking about outhealing not selfhealing

2) we are talking about pve not pvp

3) Sound like you got lose a fight 1vs1, I don’t pvp much but even I know that all classes on this game have a 30 sec cd that fully heals them , is call there " Oh kitten button" this has nothing to do with spell healing power or class or gear. I think any one will agree with me that if you take longer then 30 sec to down another player he out matches you

4) IF out healing was out of control like you say then anet wouldn’t had buff it this patch like they did by adding, rune of the monk changes, water sigil changes and sigil of the benevolence

I was talking about Healing Power , and why it cannot be buffed because of the current state of self healing. This in turn affects all healing, because it can’t be buffed.

If self healing and combo finisher healing was nerfed so that people couldn’t run around in full Berserker and be just as effective as all other healers, then there would be room for Healing Power to be buffed and full support roles to come into play.

That is my point, nothing more.

And why are you always so confronting of others for seemingly no reason?

I am talking about making out healing more effective not the self healing part ,

And Why you guys getting all offensive when I prove the errors on your part? is not like I am calling out names here?

As I say before I posted a Thread to make our play style of preference more rewarded and feel like is doing something but the zerker fan are coming in here pretty much craping on it

over 200 negative reply and only about 20 positive and you ask me that I am the one being confronting ?

(edited by Drakent.9605)

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

no I just take the time educated my self on a game I plan to play before going around yelling stuff like " guess what zerker all the way hahaha"

you going to disagree with me by using does statements, then you got nothing

Listen you are not neutral you have already picked your side and sticking to it there is 3 days ,200+replies of evidence for that and you haven’t even budged, whoever disagrees with you , you are gonna shun them off,

You are the one who started this thread right
You are the one whose asking for more improvement for heals right, you are feeling healing is underpowered well there’s your answer Mr Educated man,go figure

I started this thread so does who play like me can add there own thought to the maters

so yea out of does 200 reply I have been getting 180 zerkers player coming in here telling us that it doesn’t mater if healing work or not b/c they game wasn’t meant for us to go around healing , that if we aren’t zerking we aren’t playing this game right so yea I am going shun you out on you own errors.

yeah, man, it is just god awful when people just donĀ“t want to agree with you, right?

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/01/06

(edited by Algreg.3629)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I am talking about making out healing more effective not the self healing part

Those two are connected. If you make outhealing more effective, while keeping self healing at the current level, the result would be ridiculously OP. If you increased outhealing, you’d need to decrease self healing to compensate. Which would of course make healers not optional, but necessary. Which is something current combat paradigm specifically doesn’t want.
There are also several other considerations (many of whose were already mentioned in this thread), that sum up to one point: to make healing as useful as you want, the whole combat system would need to be completely gutted and remade from scratch.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Drakent.9605

Those two are connected. If you make outhealing more effective, while keeping self healing at the current level, the result would be ridiculously OP. If you increased outhealing, you’d need to decrease self healing to compensate. Which would of course make healers not optional, but necessary. Which is something current combat paradigm specifically doesn’t want.
There are also several other considerations (many of whose were already mentioned in this thread), that sum up to one point: to make healing as useful as you want, the whole combat system would need to be completely gutted and remade from scratch.

If that was truly the case then why anet introduce the outhealing stats on this patch? this just something new they implemented so obviously they felt the need to increase the out source healing, they even buff some of the out healing skill . the changes where just not good enough to make a difference.

No just this patch put almost every patch they keep adding new outhealing skill to the games. Last patch before this 1 they gave every class a outhealing ability.

So you guys keep saying anet doesn’t want this but then why they keep adding it to the game?

(edited by Drakent.9605)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If that was truly the case then why anet introduce the outhealing stats on this patch? this just something new they implemented so obviously they felt the need to increase the out source healing, they even buff some of the out healing skill . the changes where just not good enough to make a difference.

You have just answered your own question. They did it because it was not good enough to make a difference.
Actually, most of the new traits were like that (either just plain bad, or subpar to alternatives).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Drakent.9605

. They did it because it was not good enough to make a difference.
Actually, most of the new traits were like that (either just plain bad, or subpar to alternatives).

So you are saying either that the developer don’t know what they are doing and they are just putting useless spell into the game or they are doing it just for kitten and giggles .

Either way make’s no sense to implements a play style into the game that has little use and they just keep adding new thing to it, is just misleading.

As some ppl all rdy mention before either fix it or get rid off it, but don’t keep something broken on the game and just keep adding stuff to it for us to get the wrong impression that is playable

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

. They did it because it was not good enough to make a difference.

So you are saying either that the developer don’t know what they are doing and they are just putting useless spell into the game or they are doing it just for kitten and giggles .

Either way make’s no sense to implements a play style into the game that has little use and they just keep adding new thing to it, is just misleading.

As some ppl all rdy mention before either fix it or get rid off it, but don’t keep something broken on the game and just keep adding stuff to it for us to get the wrong impression that is playable

Here’s what people really want to know for this thread. Does the OP want a healing to be strong enough that there is a healer role. If yes, ANet won’t do it. Does OP want healing to be buffed? If yes why? This is not a game with a healer.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)