Hide option for pauldrons, please ? [Outfits]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ernest.2751

Ernest.2751

That would be so cool. Most of those outfits are awesome but the soulders are sometimes just too much…

Posted by: Dwarvenpit.8237

Dwarvenpit.8237

Yes please please please please.
Most of the outfits would be so nice without these ugly giant shoulders. I beg you to add this option.
Between the floating crystal (… Srly, floating crystal ? This outfit look great and BAM floating crystals everywhere ! WHY) and the gigantic fans… :<

Can’t say anything more than this…I was excited for the Desert Nomad Outfit but the floating crystals made it a big “nope”.

Fr – Jade Sea

Posted by: simonline.7659

simonline.7659

+1, please add a toggle in order to hide shoulders !

Posted by: doriandre.3481

doriandre.3481

+1!!!!!! please! please! please!

Posted by: Sinistrale.2168

Sinistrale.2168

+1, that would be really great. Add a toggle to hide shoulders, please, and you’ll take my money.

Posted by: Angerproblem.5012

Angerproblem.5012

Inay.9865:

Most of the outfits would be so nice without these ugly giant shoulders. I beg you to add this option.
Between the floating crystal (… Srly, floating crystal ? This outfit look great and BAM floating crystals everywhere ! WHY) and the gigantic fans… :<

The same as everybody, Inay’s reaction is pretty true, for a lot of people I think. Please, let us the ability to hide these ! +1 !

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

kinda weird… thought outfits are so convinient…huh…

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

^ the thing we like something doesn’t mean we can’t be critical about it.

+1 To toggleable shoulderpieces. Sometimes things just look more elegant without the excess mass.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Posted by: Daigo Matsura.7954

Daigo Matsura.7954

The floating crystals are literally the only thing stopping me from buying the crystal nomad outfit.

+1 please, shoulder pads must be removable on outfits.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Gee, if they’d just been released as proper mix-and-match pieces for the 6 slots we wouldn’t be having this problem…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

Wonder if the are paying attention to this thread. It did seem silly that costumes started getting released with an option to disable the helmet, but not the shoulders or gloves.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

I’d love a toggle. The Rainement of the Lich is awesome, but I’d love to get rid of the shoulder things.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Posted by: SierraRei.8526

SierraRei.8526

ArenaNet’s art team still doesn’t grasp that we don’t want pauldrons the size of our character’s head. (It’s even worse if you’re a Charr.)

But yes, adding the hide option for gloves and pauldrons would be very appreciated.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

I haven’t purchased any outfits for the sole reason they are a complete suit without any toggles.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

+1, pleeeease Anet!

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

I haven’t purchased any outfits for the sole reason they are a complete suit without any toggles.

The headpiece can already be toggled, sorry.

9 Guardians later…

Posted by: Lady Minuit.3186

Lady Minuit.3186

+1
Also it’s fine for humans most of the time but the shoulders are usually not scaled properly on other races (mostly charr and sylvari).
Now you might not want to do the effort to do that scaling the right way, but you can still do the right thing by allowing us to hide the shoulders.

Lady Minuit

Posted by: DrRock.1637

DrRock.1637

+1, I’d love a toggle option too.

Posted by: ArtemisJade.9068

ArtemisJade.9068

+10000000000000000 to the OP. Please make shoulders/pauldrons hide-able. I could would love so many outfits so much more if this change were to be instated.

To survive this world you must be mad as a hatter. Luckily for me, I am positively insane.

Posted by: onio.6403

onio.6403

Yes please, see if Anet listen once and for all our complaints with this system and improve the piezs blendable and hide and display them individually. And of course improve the accuracy to dye the parts.

Posted by: onio.6403

onio.6403

really should not only be limited to the pauldrons but all parts of the armor and to customize as you like. not think it is somewhat difficult truth.

Posted by: PetboyJoshua.3108

PetboyJoshua.3108

A new outfit today, and still no option to hide the shoulders.

Posted by: Inay.9865

Inay.9865

“But please, please,
Don’t let me run awaaaay so eaaasily”
(If even Seabird agree with us. Please, please ?)

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

The day we can hide shoulders, I will put money down on the Lich Raiment.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’d like to hide the shoulders on the Lich outfit.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Last I checked Outfits are all or nothing, that’s the point. Since they only have one slot how are you supposed to target the specific piece you want turned off. Not to mention that the outfits aren’t designed that way.

If you want to pick and choose your outfit then jump on the down with outfits bandwagon. Make outfits just slot skins and you can do as you please.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Doggie.3184

Last I checked Outfits are all or nothing, that’s the point. Since they only have one slot how are you supposed to target the specific piece you want turned off. Not to mention that the outfits aren’t designed that way.

If you want to pick and choose your outfit then jump on the down with outfits bandwagon. Make outfits just slot skins and you can do as you please.

You can hide the gloves and helmet slots of Outfits.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I’ve heard helmet in this thread, but others believe gloves are a no go. I’ve never bought an outfit and never will, so I really can’t say for certain, but the question remains, how exactly do you target the slot you want turned off?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Doggie.3184

I’ve heard helmet in this thread, but others believe gloves are a no go. I’ve never bought an outfit and never will, so I really can’t say for certain, but the question remains, how exactly do you target the slot you want turned off?

You just hide it from the checkbox on your actual armor and it applies to outfit. The gloves I know can be hidden on the Chef outfit, which is awesome for the Sylvari version to hide the oven mitt and it just looks like racial armor. I’m sure some others are but haven’t checked all of them.

Inay.9865

None of the new outfit can, just the old ones, who were city outfit before.

Posted by: Anadriel.3765

Anadriel.3765

I really do support this request of hiding shoulders for outfits. Some of them would be so kitten beautiful without the shoulders… 1 part, 6 part, half a part, I don’t care, but being able to hide helm and shoulders… would be awesome. (Even if I do not doubt there are a lot of more important things to work on. :P)

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The reason they create outfits and not armors is to save on work and effort. It’s very likely there isn’t anything under the pauldrons.

PetboyJoshua.3108

We can preview a new outfit, the Daydreamer’s Finery.
There’s no gigantic shoulderpads on that one.
Thank you, Anet.

Posted by: Bingo.2174

Bingo.2174

Quoting and re-uploading image. Please look into this Anet. These outfits clip SO HORRIBLY because of the shoulders…

You let some outfits turn off gloves and all outfits turn off hoods… why no shoulder toggle?

Attachments:

Posted by: Tawniey.3796

Tawniey.3796

We can choose not to show the shoulders on our normal armor, please let us hide it on outfits!! +1

Posted by: Akamaru.7415

Akamaru.7415

But aren’t outfits supposed to be all in one costumes, that force you to copy a certain style, like Chef, and Shadow Assassin. They aren’t supposed to be your normal customisable armour.

I think they just made the outfits too good, and so people are using them instead of armour. A nice compromise would be introducing some similar armour based on what people like the most, but you should all be posting these as armour concepts and Anet should respond by introducing them. Whilst enabling outfit customisation is simpler, then what is the point of an outfit, other than to undermine the transmutation concept?

Posted by: Tawniey.3796

Tawniey.3796

But aren’t outfits supposed to be all in one costumes, that force you to copy a certain style, like Chef, and Shadow Assassin. They aren’t supposed to be your normal customisable armour.

I think they just made the outfits too good, and so people are using them instead of armour. A nice compromise would be introducing some similar armour based on what people like the most, but you should all be posting these as armour concepts and Anet should respond by introducing them. Whilst enabling outfit customisation is simpler, then what is the point of an outfit, other than to undermine the transmutation concept?

Outfits were introduced as a replacement for townclothes, which roleplayers in GW2 were immensely fond of. It enables you to have your characters wearing casual clothes with a simple click. Tonics aren’t dyeable and haven’t been a suitable fix or replacement, so outfits fill that role.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m fairly sure the reason they don’t let you toggle shoulders is because the shoulders aren’t separated from the rest of the armor on outfits. A big part of the reason they’ve been doing more outfits is because they’re easier to make than armor, and one of the reasons for that is because they don’t have to break the sets up into pieces but rather can make everything a single model / mesh.

Allowing helms and gloves to be hidden is easy, because they’re at the edges of the model. So cutting off those parts is simple even if they aren’t pre-separated (although even then you can get some oddities, like the Balthazar outfit helmet). But shoulders are in the middle of the outfit, so in order to make them toggle-able they’d have to specifically separate the shoulder mesh from the rest of the outfit, create what would be under the shoulderpads, ect. Which they COULD do, sure, but it would run contrary to outfits requiring minimal work to create.

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

just split outfits into 6 parts and everything would be fine – but NOOOO “clipping issues” … look at my tail, that’s no clipping with your outfit? please …

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: Omega Zoa.3859

Omega Zoa.3859

Or…..how about we do away with the concept of outfits and make each piece into a armor skin…..yay to mix and match nay to stale and stale…you can remove helmets why not allow the removable bit to be attached to other armors?…you guys would have so many more costumers if you did this; i see like 4 outfits that i would buy as a whole if i could take some pieces off.

“Might makes Right” – the ability to commit an act is sufficient justification to do it.

(edited by Omega Zoa.3859)

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

/signed, would prefer them transfered to armour pieces but wouldn’t complain if they gave the hide should option.

Posted by: Shaman.2034

Shaman.2034

Yes, please let us hide the shoulderpieces! This is especially important to me for the datamined Wedding Attire outfit on male charr. They have this rolled-up cloth over their left shoulder that clips with everything and just looks unbalanced and out of place anyway, and it sticks out in ways that seem to defy realistic expectations of physics. Please, let us hide it! It would be my favorite outfit without that shoulderpiece…

Posted by: Betuana.4062

Betuana.4062

Another +1 here! The head pieces/helmets are hideable with the checkbox used on the armor headpiece. I would think the shoulders would be the same.

I was just looking at my character in the crystal nomad outfit, and I love it all EXCEPT the giant crystals hovering way off her shoulders that just take away from how incredibly cool all the details in the outfit are otherwise. I like the idea of being able to toggle them so that people who DO like the shoulders/hats/etc can use them, and some outfits don’t seem to have obvious shoulder pieces, but there are times with obvious shoulder pieces like those that it would be nice to be able to hide them!

Inay.9865

I’m still begging you.

Please, please. Or at least, to remove the giant floating crystals who make no kitten sense for my character. (And the spallier of the Ceremony, and Imperial outfit. The easy enormous ones.)

Posted by: Shinya.2598

Shinya.2598

Shoulders are my favv armorpiece. The bigger, the better…. Kinda….

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I’m still begging you.

Please, please. Or at least, to remove the giant floating crystals who make no kitten sense for my character. (And the spallier of the Ceremony, and Imperial outfit. The easy enormous ones.)

+1

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

Hide Pauldrons, at LEAST please. Since I know you’ll never let us wear our own hats with them.

Posted by: Cereus.6735

Cereus.6735

Yes please allow the option to hide the shoulders. I mean other games do it too cause let’s face it- they can get rather ridiculous. Some of these are on Warhammer/Warcraft ridiculous. It’s like the characters are trying to over compensate for something. :s

Posted by: piza.9310

piza.9310

I just want the mask of that mesmer outfit… not the god ugly suit

PetboyJoshua.3108

Someone please tell me that we can toggle off the Crystal Savant outfit’s shoulders.
They’re gigantic, and they arent even touching the whole set, they’re just floating things.

Attachments: