Hiding chest armour

Hiding chest armour

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Why do we have these amazing character models with tons of costumizable body features, but are unable to see them due to the armour?

Why can’t we hide more of our armour, even if only just our chest armour?

Being able to hide more armour would solve so many problems.

Most of the armour in this game looks the same, but if we could hide more items it would create much more diversity.

Take a look at my ranger, then tell me if you think more people would play charr if we could look like this.

Attachments:

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: unleashed.8679

unleashed.8679

play human or norn light armor and you can see the whole beauty of your character

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Great picture…except that the placement of the owl looks like you’re laying an egg….lol

Nice looking Charr, as well.

There are a LOT of “revelaling” armor in the game (ever seen Human Med. Female T3?) but yes, i agree. Charr armor isn’t the bext for showing off your character customization.

Good luck to you!

Level 80 Elementalist

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

There should definitely be Charr bikinis/swim suits.
That would be cool.

(The owl in the picture amuses me)

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I do have a concern that once get the option to turn off armor, half the population of female characters will end up running in their bikinis.

Hiding chest armour

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I do have a concern that once get the option to turn off armor, half the population of female characters will end up running in their bikinis.

Actually I believe that the biggest reason why so many people play females in skimpy armour is because it is the only way for you to actually see some of your body.

I recently remade my ranger and because I was so tired of trench coats I tried to make a female human. It felt terrible as a female human/sylvari so I went charr.
Thankfully some of the armour I have in sPvP takes the tail into account.

(edited by Naus the Gobbo.5172)

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Actually I believe that the biggest reason why so many people play females in skimpy armour is because it is the only way for you to actually see some of your body.

So this.

I love the bioluminescence on the Silvari, but almost all of the armor covers it up. There’re a handful of female sets that show it, and a couple of male.

Even among the skimpy armor, there are few skins that show it well. The female skimpy armor often shows the stomach, where there is no BL, and covers up the back and legs where there is.

Hiding chest armour

Naus the Gobbo.5172

play human or norn light armor and you can see the whole beauty of your character

This is just sad.

I want to look at my character because i made it look a certain way.

Not because I am forced to due to the fact that the armour designers want females to walk around almost naked.

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: ShadowRX.9024

ShadowRX.9024

You can hide 3/6 pieces of your armor now ,i think this is enough.Don’t wana see all female human/norn hide their chest piece.^^ also my main is human female

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It’s not enough till there’s a hide chest toggle. :P

It’d save my thief from all the awful medium armor and u’d be able to see him glow bettah.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Yes people probably would pull some perv moves but in all seriousness how many people do you think would do it on a regular basis. I understand everyone is a bit of a pervert whether they want to admit it or not but give us a LITTLE credit :P. I don’t think hiding the chest piece is a necessary option but I would just like to say for the record that I really doubt you’d see a dramatic increase in half naked women. There are plenty of revealing sets as is and if you’ve ever gone to the beach at Southsun Cove the sudden removal of clothing makes you feel pretty awkward… Or maybe that’s just me but… I avoid that area. It just seems creepy whether it’s a male or female character to me.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Hiding chest armour

Doggie.3184

I remember Runes of Magic~ that old F2P MMO, had a hide option for every armor piece. People were pretty normal about it and someone running around naked was pretty rare. XD Unless they lost all their stuff from excessive PKing. ;x

lol this reminds me of yesterday when i was running around in a zerg in wvw and noticed a female human running with us completely naked. I asked why there was a naked swimsuit model running around with us and someone said it was our mascot. ;s

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: ShadowRX.9024

ShadowRX.9024

As much as i would love to solo lupicus naked with twilight i dont think it will happen xD

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I actually hoped the Charr cultural armor would solve that. But no, they are the worst racial armor. I mean in GW1 some Charr had skimpier outfits than elementalists. Now they have a cultural nun armor.

There are a LOT of “revelaling” armor in the game (ever seen Human Med. Female T3?) but yes, i agree. Charr armor isn’t the bext for showing off your character customization.

Onto this again….There aren’t a “LOT”. There’s a few that a lot of people seem to wear because a LOT of the other choices are making your character look too fat in certain areas for her body shape.
Our of all the light armor there are :
-13 tops that fully cover the upper body
-26 tops that show some skin (most of them being pretty tame) with only 9 that can be honestly considered skimpy
-9 leggings that show a bit of the legs with only 3 that can be considered skimpy.

Hey would you look at that ? There are most choices in light armor to make your character look like a nun (there’s even an armor set for that). And I’ve been pretty nice in my list. Some of the armor in the “show some skin” category are only a inch of cloth from being authorized in the Vatican.

We can do the same for medium armor and it’s going to be incredibly shorter : only 1 top that isn’t in the cash shop or a racial armor is skimpy.

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

nothing wrong with that really. It is a matter of taste. I would actually like to see more chest armor for females that shape the chest better by using contour lines. There is a reason why people like the female form…… It is beautiful. It has nothing to do with perversion.

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I would like to hide my underpants.

Wait, how can I delete this?

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: Babychoochoo.5690

Babychoochoo.5690

If we can dye the underwear, then I’m down for this. As a medium armor wearer, it drives me absolutely insane there’s probably 2-3 available sets, at most, that show off any decent amount of the body. Pretty much everything else in that armor category covers up 95% of your character.

I feel extra screwed because I chose the starry arm/leg sleeve norn tatoos and there is literally no armor available that doesn’t cover the majority of the tattoo. I say, the more customization options, the better.

The tattoo I’m talking about is in the 2nd row, middle column: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/f/f3/Norn_female_tattoos.png

(edited by Babychoochoo.5690)

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I am all for this too-
It is really unfair on Charr, Norn and Sylvari.
I can live with some naked humans running around

I really don’t think that will be more of a thing than it is now- may be for a week but not after that.

Also if we hide the coat we need to be able to dye the underwear

Gunnar’s Hold

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Totally agree with OP, at least for Charr. My Charr necro looks WAY better without his chestpiece. Really gives that animal look. Why even customize his fur color/patterns if he’s going to be in full length robe and hood all the time.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

As much as a cool idea it is, it just leads to the problem Rift has where every female character and loler is running around naked thinking they’re original and funny. If they added some more harnesses or an invsible chest armour for Charr, Norn and Sylvari as cultral armour I think that would be a better substitue because at the moment theres only one and its heavy (that makes my warrior look awesome)

Attachments:

Hiding chest armour

Babychoochoo.5690

As much as a cool idea it is, it just leads to the problem Rift has where every female character and loler is running around naked thinking they’re original and funny.

To be fair, it’s not that rampant and there are just as many male toons as female toons doing it. At least on my Rift server anyway. Regardless, if I may ask, why is that a problem?

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I would use this feature for two races, the charr because of the fur patterns and the norn because of the tattoos.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

As much as a cool idea it is, it just leads to the problem Rift has where every female character and loler is running around naked thinking they’re original and funny.

To be fair, it’s not that rampant and there are just as many male toons as female toons doing it. At least on my Rift server anyway. Regardless, if I may ask, why is that a problem?

Nothing ruins my day more than people trying (and failing) to be funny.

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: CatMonster.8513

CatMonster.8513

If Anet ever decides to do this, it will prolly be only for male characters. Which I wouldn’t mind, to be frank. I’d like to see norn tats and sylvari glow.

Hiding chest armour

Naus the Gobbo.5172

The worst thing is that the devs are completely silent on this.

I understand that something this small will never be a priority, but in a game that is based on cosmetics this will only hurt the game.

They should at least give us their stance on this subject.

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

If we can dye the underwear, then I’m down for this. As a medium armor wearer, it drives me absolutely insane there’s probably 2-3 available sets, at most, that show off any decent amount of the body. Pretty much everything else in that armor category covers up 95% of your character.

I feel extra screwed because I chose the starry arm/leg sleeve norn tatoos and there is literally no armor available that doesn’t cover the majority of the tattoo. I say, the more customization options, the better.

The tattoo I’m talking about is in the 2nd row, middle column: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/f/f3/Norn_female_tattoos.png

My engi has the same tatz and I’ve run into the same issue — love the look, but with medium armor, almost everything is hidden. Best I’ve found is using the Wolf leggings and the exotic duelist top.

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’m all for it OP. I’m for much more freedom of appearance. Not only should every piece of armor have a toggle, each piece should be broken down and have sub toggles. This is mostly for separating sleeves from tops and skirts from leggings.

We should be able to transmute between armor classes too! I find it to be absurd to have these ridged armor classes. As if by appearance we can really tell the classes apart. You can barely even tell an Asura from a Rabbit they are so small!

For the argument of people running around naked, we’ve always had the option to do so. On one of my Ranger’s, a Norn Female, I remember running through Maguuma Jungle doing the whole Jane of the Jungle bit. Nothing but pants, a wooden bow, and a Jaguar. It was a lot of fun. Even though more difficult from not having the gear on

Underwear should be a new type of item. Having it being both customizable and dyeable. Obviously, certain safe guards could be put in place. Maybe something along the lines of only being adjustable while in our home instance? Leading me to wonder why every zone doesn’t have either a homestead, tavern, barracks, or fort for us to enter the home instance.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Hiding chest armour

Doggie.3184

I would like to hide my underpants.

Wait, how can I delete this?

Lul, it’s possible. Just wear the apparent invisible clown suit.

Attachments:

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I really want to see hidable chest armour. It’d look so good for some setups like my Sylvari Warrior.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I heartily endorse the OP’s idea.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Hiding chest armour

Babychoochoo.5690

We should be able to transmute between armor classes too! I find it to be absurd to have these ridged armor classes. As if by appearance we can really tell the classes apart.

I’m 110% for this idea as well, but probably a pipe dream for whatever reason. Personally, just feels like an arbitrary restriction in any MMO. I can kinda see why it wouldn’t be allowed in WvW or sPvP, but why not PvE?

If they aren’t going to add more non-gem store armor and/or give us the option to disable chest slots, this seems like the next best thing. It alone would solve quite a few complaints. Not like it’s going to “ruin immersion” or anything. Most of the light armor wearers running around are one light breeze from being butt-naked and there are quite a few “this might as well be a platemail bikini” chestpieces. The whole immersion line was crossed long before the game ever launched. Just let us go all the way. Let us mix and match and wear what we want.

Again, as a medium armor wearer, I feel like we got more screwed than anyone in this whole deal. Just throw us a bone ANet. If you won’t give us more armor then fine. Let us disable chest armor or transmute between armor classes or something.

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: Maria Murtor.7253

Maria Murtor.7253

This topic is over 1 year old. I gave up months ago …

Guild Wars 2 – Musicvideo: Claws and Steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA_efMiWkg

Hiding chest armour

Naus the Gobbo.5172

There are so many restrictions that really hurt the game, and they would be so easy to fix.

1. Allow us to hide everything except pants.
2. Remove armour restrictions so we can mix and match all armour types.
For example you could use medium armour pants, a heavy armour breastplate and a light armour hood.
The choices would be endless.

These two things alone would create more variety than you could imagine.

Hiding chest armour

Babychoochoo.5690

This topic is over 1 year old. I gave up months ago …

Guess I should have expected that. Feels like a lot of problems people have here these days have been discussed at least a little in the past. Well, no harm in bringing it up again I suppose. Maybe ANet will at least take note…hopefully…probably…

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: Narosian.2465

Narosian.2465

or maybe have an invisible armor skin or something like swtor has.

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

DC Universe did a lot of things wrong. One thing they did right, was their customization. Which GW2 could take some lessons from.

No dyes, colour wheel. You can choose from any colour of the rainbow.
No style limitations. What your character appears to be wearing isn’t always what they’re statistically wearing. Say for example my character in GW2 is statistically wearing the Armageddon karma armor, but appearance-wise is wearing the Twilight Arbor set. That’s how DCUO works.
There’s also no class limitation, only role. Which GW2 doesn’t have so if customization worked that way every class could wear every type of gear.
Also that gear doesn’t take up inventory space. When you collect something you collect it as a style, then you can delete it and keep the style forever but not have the statistical gear.

If only the rest of DCUO were as good as it’s customization… Or better yet if only GW2 had these options.

Also, on that note, despite being able to run around completely nude but still statistically wearing a full set of armor, it’s very rare you see naked people in that game. Every so often there would be a bunch of naked men in pink underwear and cowboy hats having a gay rave dance but generally people would stick to armor. So that just goes back to how I said I seriously doubt you’d see a lot of people running around naked in GW2 if this were an option.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Hiding chest armour

Doggie.3184

There are so many restrictions that really hurt the game, and they would be so easy to fix.

1. Allow us to hide everything except pants.
2. Remove armour restrictions so we can mix and match all armour types.
For example you could use medium armour pants, a heavy armour breastplate and a light armour hood.
The choices would be endless.

These two things alone would create more variety than you could imagine.

I’d love all of that. God, I just want to escape skirts and coats so bad on my male Thief. Only heavy and Light get that luxury. A lot of heavy armor doesn’t even look like it suits the armor tier and should be medium anyways. Braham’s armor for example could easily fit all armor types as it’s mostly cloth, fur and very little metal.

With the addition of the universal Radiant armor (and Hellfire) being heavy yet usable on anyone (was so disappointed when I found out no body/legs to it existed) it makes me wish they’d just drop the whole system and let us skin stuff however we wanted to.

DC Universe did a lot of things wrong. One thing they did right, was their customization. Which GW2 could take some lessons from…

I absolutely loved how DCUO’s armor system was, it actually allowed you to build a huge collection of skins you could change at any time and even hide anything you wanted to. It was amazing. Their F2P cash system sucked hard though, I’m perfectly fine with Transmutation stones in GW2 if need be. Hell, they’d even sell more if there were no armor type restrictions.

I also liked being able to hide my weapons in DCUO when using brawler/martial arts so I could pwn people barehanded. <3 Oh how I miss H2H combat. My Martial Artist pretty much looked like a monk and didn’t wear a top and the rest was clothed.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: Ashes.9586

Ashes.9586

I would use this feature for two races, the charr because of the fur patterns and the norn because of the tattoos.

Sylvari would need it too.

The Legion Calls

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

oh please Lyssa no …..thats the last thing we need.

Hiding chest armour

Naus the Gobbo.5172

oh please Lyssa no …..thats the last thing we need.

Why?

What’s bad about more costumization?

Hiding chest armour

Adine.2184

because that wouldent be customization it would be pornification

Hiding chest armour

Babychoochoo.5690

because that wouldent be customization it would be pornification

…as opposed to what we have now? Which is wholesome family entertainment or something? There are like 2-3 chest pieces that arguably cover up less of the goodies than just underwear does. There’s quite a few more that barely qualify as armor also.

Besides, this whole thread stemmed from the fact that certain races, particularly Charr, Norn, and Sylvari, have some pretty good customization options that are essentially made pointless because most, if not all, of the armor covers it up in one way or another. If you’re like me and you have a norn with a lot of body tattoos wearing medium armor, you never get to see those tattoos. This has nothing to do with “oh boy, I wanna run around naked just because.”

Besides, those of us who have played Rift, DCUO, and games of that nature have already stated that even when presented the option to run around without clothes on, the vast majority of players opt to wear armor. Seeing someone run around in the nude is actually a rare occurrence. This may be asking for a lot, but I think some people don’t give their fellow players enough credit…

Hiding chest armour

Adine.2184

I have 2 Norn with medium armor actually . The better solution would be suggesting less trench coats not removing chest armor .

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

(…) Regardless, if I may ask, why is that a problem?

For the same reason ANet doesn’t let light armor classes use medium armor or heavy armor models: they want players to, at a glance, be able to identify a player model as some range of possible classes.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: revodeel.2651

revodeel.2651

I would like to see chest armor that exposes more of the torso. I really hope future armor skins will feature chest pieces that do that.

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

Hiding chest armour

Babychoochoo.5690

I have 2 Norn with medium armor actually . The better solution would be suggesting less trench coats not removing chest armor .

…which is exactly what people have asking for since the game was released. You could do a search right now and find thousands of posts all asking for that exact thing.

Well, it’s 12-13 months later and 99% of our armor choices still consist of trenchcoats.

Hiding chest armour

Adine.2184

yes i realize this im one of them but i dont think that ANET is so entrenched that they wont release non trenchcoats at some point .

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I would like the option to hide chest armor also. I would probably only use it for my Charr and I doubt the problem with ‘naked’ players is that big a deal anyway. For one thing, if people wanted to do that, there is nothing to stop them from running around LA without armor and how often do you see that? I’ve seen more people playing ‘naked’ because of armor damage than I’ve seen people ‘naked’ in LA and my eyes aren’t virgin enough to be offended by pixel people who are only wearing pants.

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: Narosian.2465

Narosian.2465

This talk of trenchcoats reminds me all the hubbub some time ago with swtor and the armors for each class fitting thematically, with almost all trooper having buttcapes, consular armor being a dress, and jedi knight armor having hoods. For more than year there were complaints(and there still might be) about this and people not liking this concept of all classes must have a certain look to their armor.

Hiding chest armour

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

For the same reason ANet doesn’t let light armor classes use medium armor or heavy armor models: they want players to, at a glance, be able to identify a player model as some range of possible classes.

You honestly can’t believe this is true. With all the effects and the pace of the fights, you aren’t looking at the armor to determine what class you have in front of you. Especially when their defensive stats vary greatly, like elementalist and necromancer.

I personally think that it’s because they decided that most light armor will have huge skirts and almost every medium armor will have trench coats. Since those two will clip, they didn’t and will never allow armor to be mixed between classes.
Some of you “well we don’t care about it, we’ll just use the ones that do not clip” except that as a company, releasing a more than half-a**ed update is unacceptable.