High Pitched Light Armor Sound

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Joltz.8596

Joltz.8596

Please for the love of god get rid of or change the tone of the light armor chain clinging sound XD. Not all of them do it but half of them do and id really like to wear most of them! The Arcane outfit and Aurora armor are examples of a few. Its so high pitched that i cant wear them OR i have to turn down the treble so much that the game sounds absolutely horrible. Even a setting to turn off armor sounds would work.

(edited by Joltz.8596)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

…I’ve never, ever noticed such a sound, even when I have my volume turned up pretty loudly. Weird.

Joltz.8596

Ya it baffles me. I posted about it a long time ago and a lot of others have same problem. I tried everything to fix it to no avail

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

…I’ve never, ever noticed such a sound, even when I have my volume turned up pretty loudly. Weird.

This. I’m confused. o_o Video???

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

I’ve heard it and it can get pretty annoying after awhile. Once you hear it you will never not hear it. :P Those who haven’t, consider yourselves lucky.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

If its the same sound I’m thinking of, I’m pretty sure it only happens on light armors which have chains or such dangling from them, and I think the sound is supposed to be the chains bouncing around. Of all my characters who use Light armor, I only hear it on one, my Mesmer who uses the Trickster’s armor.

Mea.5491

I’m really curious now but I don’t have those armors.

Joltz.8596

Ya if you cant hear it trust me you dont want to. Hurts so much it feels like my balls are shrinking or something XD

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

Heyyyy I like it. Some armors have zippers or chains and it adds to it imo. I dont mind it. The Seer armor set has this sound.

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

Joltz.8596

Get Rubicon leggings if your curious. Seer is not the sound. Every 2 or 3 steps it makes a ear piercing crunch, sounds almost like glass breaking.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Rubicon is medium armor, though. So, this affect certain light armor AND medium armor stuff?

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

lmao! I’m laughing because I haven’t heard it but reading this, it sounds awful. What if you have an outfit toggled on?

Joltz.8596

Seems to be light armor only and i meant Aurora leggings sorry bout that XD.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That is the skin from the Orr karma vendors. I’ve been using that set(minus the hat) on my elementalist for around 3.5 years. Never had that issue …

Joltz.8596

Then your treble doesnt register it i guess or you got lucky? Im not alone on this. If your curious enough turn your treble up and volume up.

Mea.5491

Someone please upload a video of that sound, I’m very curious but I don’t want to waste karma on the armor, lol.

Joltz.8596

K i found the same sound basically. Cast frozen ground with staff ele. Almost at the end youll hear it. May even be the same sound effect. Imagine that sound every 2-3 steps you take

Joltz.8596

Its actually more high pitched but pretty close