Hit level 80 last week,

Hit level 80 last week,

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

There are no hard dungeons just dumb players.

Can’t say the first part is 100% true, as the dungeons are made to be hard, but the second part of this sentence is overwhelmingly obvious as of late.

Seriously, the lack of the “holy trinity” is a concept we all knew about three freakin’ years ago, and a cornerstone for this game. Asking to bring it back is nothing short of daft.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Hit level 80 last week,

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

We would like to remind you that all discussions are welcomed as long as they are kept respectful and constructive. Therefore, we ask you guys to stay on topic and polite.

Otherwise we will proceed to lock the thread.
Thanks.

Hit level 80 last week,

Posted by: Avatar.1923

see GW2 as a super huge coop action rpg.

but it isnt an “infinite solo quest”….

complainers will be complaining until they get what type of answer?
there is no “endgame” as in you get stronger and stronger.

find some friends, play with them, and move on.
its a coop action rpg with 300-400h of content.
huge already!

Well at least you were unbiased in your response. This does sadden me though as I know the game will NOT appeal to me at 80 and I really DO like the game now…I was really hoping there was something in the game to give level 80 players with interests similar to mine ( I dont want to run around and do achievements or complete the world exploration or craft). I want to engage in COMBAT oriented content and progress after 80. Oh well…another one bites the dust.

at this point, for you, its PvP or WvwvW, and wait for new content.
you know a game that does endless progression? the only thing they can do is make you repeat the same thing over and over…

Hit level 80 last week,

Posted by: Rhoame.6917

Rhoame.6917

im quite sure most complainers are Blizz employees

(conspiracy!!!)

So please, someone give some suggestions that focus on pve at 80 rather than world completion or crafting…there HAS to be something in the game, right? Please, please say that there is….

- World completion (I know you said no completion, but disregarding this is part of your problem)
- Alts (though that doesn’t qualify as lvl 80)
- RP (I’ve had all my best RP experiences as 80)
- Dungeons for the fun of it (This is what raids and dungeons in other games end up coming down to anyway.)
- Leveling with other players. I’ve gone back with friends who have lower level toons and kept them company and helped them level.
- Achievements…there are lots of them.
- Group events with guildmates, and general fun and run zerging.

I personally have no interest in crafting at this point, and I’ve had no loss of entertainment.

Raids and dungeons in other games are not done solely for the “fun of it”. They are part of advancement post max level…and the fact that I dont care to do exploration as my primary source of entertainment post level 80 is not “my problem”, it is what I like……..I want content that allows me to ADVANCE the power of my toon….NONE of what you listed actually does that…

Oh and btw, I complete 100% of every zone I go to now. I am only level 45 and I do enjoy completing the zone exploration while I am growing my toon. I simply do not think going back and completing zone explorations at 80 will hold my interest……I am not achievement oriented…this game is NOT called Achievement Wars 2…it is called Guild Wars 2….where is the endgame content that fits within the title of the game?

Hit level 80 last week,

Posted by: FarFarAway.6579

FarFarAway.6579

Attitude is everything, and yours sucks. You refuse to have fun, and therefore you don’t.

You really think people buy the game and then refuse to enjoy it? Please. lol
Is it possible some people just enjoy something different from what the game has to offer? Players have a myriad of expectations for endgame, as you can see from the many posts & threads on this topic. Some will like what GW2 has to offer, but others won’t. Don’t be so judgmental.

Hit level 80 last week,

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

(conspiracy!!!)

So please, someone give some suggestions that focus on pve at 80 rather than world completion or crafting…there HAS to be something in the game, right? Please, please say that there is….

- World completion (I know you said no completion, but disregarding this is part of your problem)
- Dungeons for the fun of it (This is what raids and dungeons in other games end up coming down to anyway.)
- Leveling with other players. I’ve gone back with friends who have lower level toons and kept them company and helped them level.

I personally have no interest in crafting at this point, and I’ve had no loss of entertainment.

Raids and dungeons in other games are not done solely for the “fun of it”. They are part of advancement post max level…and the fact that I dont care to do exploration as my primary source of entertainment post level 80 is not “my problem”, it is what I like……..I want content that allows me to ADVANCE the power of my toon….NONE of what you listed actually does that…

Oh and btw, I complete 100% of every zone I go to now. I am only level 45 and I do enjoy completing the zone exploration while I am growing my toon. I simply do not think going back and completing zone explorations at 80 will hold my interest……I am not achievement oriented…this game is NOT called Achievement Wars 2…it is called Guild Wars 2….where is the endgame content that fits within the title of the game?

The very reason I gave up on WoW is that the endgame dungeons and raids end up becoming a mindless zerg. Once you complete the content there is literally nothing left to do unless you want to go back and do everything all over again to “hopefully” get a better piece of gear out of it.

It sounds like what you’re griping about here. You have the same basic endgame content (many of the dungeons are just as long and complex as many WoW raids), the same longhaul playing for loot, and yet you have a problem with it.

I don’t understand your problem here.

Hit level 80 last week,

DusK.3849

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Hit level 80 last week,

wvwvw ?

but i agree, they dont come up as very integrated with the story.
oh well.
still a great game. only a few big picture element missed the mark for me.
its an “npc” game. not an “mmo”.
maybe eventually instead of server vs server we will get “faction vs faction” and the winner after like 2 weeks could be the faction that will influence the next big event.

i would personnaly feel more inclined to fight for my values, instead of sporting a server logo.

Hit level 80 last week,

Posted by: Silvanus.5821

Silvanus.5821

Try getting a legendary weapon and/or getting a cool armor set if you are so into gear.

Hit level 80 last week,

Posted by: Rhoame.6917

Rhoame.6917

(conspiracy!!!)

The very reason I gave up on WoW is that the endgame dungeons and raids end up becoming a mindless zerg. Once you complete the content there is literally nothing left to do unless you want to go back and do everything all over again to “hopefully” get a better piece of gear out of it.

It sounds like what you’re griping about here. You have the same basic endgame content (many of the dungeons are just as long and complex as many WoW raids), the same longhaul playing for loot, and yet you have a problem with it.

I dont know what the level 80 dungeons are like. I simply asked for some ideas for stuff to do at level 80 that would appeal to my stated interests. I dont play solely for loot. I play to get a sense that my character is PROGRESSING in developing power. I simply asked someone to state what content there is that might appeal to a player like me at level 80.

I have read the posts responding to these inquiries and it seems some people BLAME others for not sharing the same interests as they do rather than accept that interests differ and that there is NOTHING wrong with having divergent interests. I like this game…I like its style and I want to see it hold my interest for a LONG time…but I need more than achievements and crafts and meaningless loot drops to believe that the game will hold my interest.

I WANT this game to succeed. I have no issues with the game up to my current level of progression (level 45, all zones I have been in 100% completed along the way). I just wanted to see what there was that might appeal to my interests post level 80 and the responses seem to be that there is nothing.

Hit level 80 last week,

Hickeroar.9734

(conspiracy!!!)

I dont know what the level 80 dungeons are like. I simply asked for some ideas for stuff to do at level 80 that would appeal to my stated interests. I dont play solely for loot. I play to get a sense that my character is PROGRESSING in developing power. I simply asked someone to state what content there is that might appeal to a player like me at level 80.

I have read the posts responding to these inquiries and it seems some people BLAME others for not sharing the same interests as they do rather than accept that interests differ and that there is NOTHING wrong with having divergent interests. I like this game…I like its style and I want to see it hold my interest for a LONG time…but I need more than achievements and crafts and meaningless loot drops to believe that the game will hold my interest.

I WANT this game to succeed. I have no issues with the game up to my current level of progression (level 45, all zones I have been in 100% completed along the way). I just wanted to see what there was that might appeal to my interests post level 80 and the responses seem to be that there is nothing.

Sorry, I was responding to your specific gripe about the raids and dungeons, and running them for the “fun” if it. Making the point that it’s very easy in other games to get to nearly the max level of possible gear without a huge amount of effort. At that point…it’s just the same old, same old.

Honestly what has absolutely MADE the end-game for me has been the social aspect of the game. If you don’t have a very social and fun guild, or at least a good group of RL friends that you have to play the game with, it would probably lose a lot of its luster a lot quicker.

I think that was ANet’s intent. The game was designed to be inherently social, and the players that I see griping about it the most are the ones who don’t “get” that in the same way as the others.

Hit level 80 last week,

Posted by: RShara.3265

RShara.3265

see GW2 as a super huge coop action rpg.

but it isnt an “infinite solo quest”….

complainers will be complaining until they get what type of answer?
there is no “endgame” as in you get stronger and stronger.

find some friends, play with them, and move on.
its a coop action rpg with 300-400h of content.
huge already!

Well at least you were unbiased in your response. This does sadden me though as I know the game will NOT appeal to me at 80 and I really DO like the game now…I was really hoping there was something in the game to give level 80 players with interests similar to mine ( I dont want to run around and do achievements or complete the world exploration or craft). I want to engage in COMBAT oriented content and progress after 80. Oh well…another one bites the dust.

Quoting a different user from another thread:

80 Things to Do At Level 80
Complete your personal story
Defeat Zhaitan
Unlock all available skills for your profession / race
Raise your crafting disciplines to skill level 400
Earn enough gold to purchase a racial armor set
Earn enough karma to purchase an exotic armor set
Play through all dungeons in story mode
Complete all dungeons in explorable mode
Complete all 33 possible explorable mode dungeon paths
Earn enough dungeon tokens to purchase a set of armor
Collect a set of armor from each dungeon in the game
Start a petition to make the Undead Orrian Chicken a new necro minion
Earn enough karma to purchase a racial weapon
Craft an exotic weapon for your character
Craft an exotic armor set for your character
Purchase a Dragon’s Deep weapon
Earn all possible PvE titles
Experiment with new builds for your profession
Discover all possible recipes for your crafting disciplines
Master all crafting disciplines
Experiment with the Mystic Forge
Create a Mystic weapon in the Mystic Forge
Craft a legendary weapon in the Mystic Forge
Explore all areas in the game
Find and use a vial of black dye
Find a vial of black dye and give it to a friend
Create or purchase a full set of 20 slot bags
Give Logan a wedgie
Participate in the Norn Keg Brawl
Unlock all Keg Brawl achievements
Create a new character to experience a different profession / race
Participate in structured PvP
Raise your sPvP rank
Achieve the rank of Ascendant in sPvP
Complete your favorite sPvP cosmetic armor set
Collect new cosmetic weapon skins for sPvP
Unlock all possible cosmetic weapon and armor skins in sPvP
Earn all sPvP titles
Find and complete all 31 jumping puzzles
Complete the current Monthly achievements
Help your guild earn influence to unlock additional perks
Outrun a centaur
Charm all possible pets as a Ranger
Create an all-ranger guild called Team Rocket, lose constantly in sPvP
Collect all 101 types of cooking materials
Fill every collection slot in the bank with at least one item
Participate in World versus World
Help your world win in WvW
Defeat enough enemy players in WvW to complete the medal
Complete the awesome Yakslapper achievement in WvW
Complete all WvW achievements
Build and use all siege weapon types in WvW
Earn all possible WvW Titles
Play the organ in Caledon forest, and party with the Quaggan
Earn enough gold to purchase a Commander Tome
Visit the monument to Killeen and pay your respects
Defeat the Shatterer
Defeat the Claw of Jormag
Defeat Tequatl the Sunless
Add new friends to your friend’s list
Organize an in-game event for your guild
Complete every map in the game
Participate in meta events
Discover and participate in new dynamic events
Collect stacks of butter and butter prank your friends
Learn the ins and outs of the Trading Post
Get rich selling Globs of Ectoplasm
Buy a Box o’ Fun and throw a party in Lion’s Arch
Complete an armor set for your character’s Order
Read all of the books in Divinity’s Reach
Read the story of how Ebonhawke was founded
Complete all possible weapon achievements for your character
Defeat the Champion of Grenth and purchase the exotic armor set
Write about your level 80 experience, have it published on GW2Hub
Purchase a set of armor from the guild armorsmith
Purchase a set of weapons from the guild weaponsmith
Complete all Slayer achievements
Complete the Lifetime Survivor achievement
Go skydiving in Arah after defeating Zhaitan
Have fun!

Hit level 80 last week,

true, a good social group helps in enjoying pvp, wve and dungeons.

but id like to see ranking at some point, or fighting for something else that “my server”.
thats not really… fantasy.

same for pvp. factions with values that can turn the tide of the game would make it fun.

Hit level 80 last week,

what about the black dye? was one of the first one my bro found around lvl 12.

Hit level 80 last week,

Hickeroar.9734

true, a good social group helps in enjoying pvp, wve and dungeons.

but id like to see ranking at some point, or fighting for something else that “my server”.
thats not really… fantasy.

same for pvp. factions with values that can turn the tide of the game would make it fun.

They’re working on a ranking and tournament system for PvP. ANet guy said it in another thread.

Hit level 80 last week,

mild history altering events !

a tournament win must matter

Hit level 80 last week,

Posted by: broken.5871

broken.5871

It seems to me you are saying the only way you can ever have fun playing a game is if your character “progresses” but you are missing a lot of different types and definitions of “progression”. GW2 wants to keep everyone on a pretty much equal playing field, so it makes absolutely no since to have better gear and all that. Instead, progression is mostly visual and you can chase after any set you want regardless of if its the best. I think the problem is that you are defining progression to rigidly. Then comes in that its how we’ve all been taught to play mmo’s that once you hit level cap, you keep pushing up that gearscore or whatever, but not every game in existence has to play like that for it to feel fun or have progression. In GW2, a game so much about skill, a lot of the character “progression” comes from you getting better and better with your class.

(edited by broken.5871)

Hit level 80 last week,

and we will see whos good once pvp and wvw get more love.

Hit level 80 last week,

Posted by: Khoda.3601

Khoda.3601

It seems to me you are saying the only way you can ever have fun playing a game is if your character “progresses” but you are missing a lot of different types and definitions of “progression”. GW2 wants to keep everyone on a pretty much equal playing field, so it makes absolutely no since to have better gear and all that. Instead, progression is mostly visual and you can chase after any set you want regardless of if its the best. I think the problem is that you are defining progression to rigidly. Then comes in that its how we’ve all been taught to play mmo’s that once you hit level cap, you keep pushing up that gearscore or whatever, but not every game in existence has to play like that for it to feel fun or have progression. In GW2, a game so much about skill, a lot of the character “progression” comes from you getting better and better with your class.

Glad to see someone got what sort of respond I was after.
Youre right, becoming better at your class is a reward that can be overlooked, unlike gear it doesn’t get out dated and can be improved upon indefinitely.

Hit level 80 last week,

Posted by: knightblaster.8027

knightblaster.8027

maybe eventually instead of server vs server we will get “faction vs faction” and the winner after like 2 weeks could be the faction that will influence the next big event.

i would personnaly feel more inclined to fight for my values, instead of sporting a server logo.

Very unlikely that this would be changed in that way, because the rest of the game (open cooperation, DEs, rezzes, etc.) is not based on faction play, but all being in one faction. Changing to a faction-based game would require the entire structure of the game to be fundamentally changed.

Hit level 80 last week,

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

there’s so much to do at endgame, it’s ridiculous. explorable dungeons are way too challenging for your average raider, so they wont do them. they’ll try the open world bosses, but these need to be adjusted as theyre zerged easily. rewards broken atm, so even more reason for them to leave.

for me, there TOO MUCH to do at endgame. i dont know what to do first: world completion, WvW, crafting, explorable dungeons, spvp, im lost most of the time.

all this being said, you are the one who decided to burn through 300+ hours of content in 3 weeks.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Hit level 80 last week,

Very unlikely that this would be changed in that way, because the rest of the game (open cooperation, DEs, rezzes, etc.) is not based on faction play, but all being in one faction. Changing to a faction-based game would require the entire structure of the game to be fundamentally changed.

yeah, i guess.
then they would need to make server vote on some kind of stance they want to take.
to me “guildwars” should be about major conflict.

and as much as i like how pve is all sugar coated “everybody is friendly”. my personal opinion would be that players, or servers, should take some kind of role into big, world changing, conflicts.

Hit level 80 last week,

Posted by: pmiles.3489

pmiles.3489

Servers are factions… instead of having only two, you have a plethora of factions. Eventually one will reign supreme, but in the meantime, there’s a lot of positioning going on between them all. The goal is to be the one that reigns supreme… the one that has beaten them all. Far more difficult quest than merely being on side A or side B. I for one like it a lot.

Hit level 80 last week,

agree. but servers have no stance.

its more like baseball teams.
your server wins all, you get a trophy???

i just feel the letters “rpg” should be somewhat more meaningful in wvwvw.

Hit level 80 last week,

Posted by: Dared.6578

Dared.6578

I am really happy with the game at 80. I am a big fan of the no gear progression.

But it could be even better, what is lacking for me personally is some REALLY challenging PVE content, where you need perfect gear, perfect communication , perfect composition and skill too beat.

For me it feels like when content is to easy , then it gets to be a grind. For example when you have beaten an explorable dungeon once (all the parts ) All that is left is farming it for tokens 50 times over….

Just something for those who like an insane challenge… I mean the legendary crafting is not really challenging, its just time consuming.

But I will keep enoying the game in WvWvW and the occasional dungeon.

Hit level 80 last week,

Posted by: dchsknight.3042

dchsknight.3042

Youre right, becoming better at your class is a reward that can be overlooked, unlike gear it doesn’t get out dated and can be improved upon indefinitely.

So you were only willing to hear one kind of post? then you should not be posting on a public forum.

Hit level 80 last week,

Posted by: Grakor.3450

Grakor.3450

If you’re looking specifically for a form of power progression past 80 and exotics…yeah, you’ll be disappointed, because that’s not what Guild Wars is about. Guild Wars 1 was the same way: once you hit 20 you could craft the same top-of-the-line gear as everyone else.

Yet, Guild Wars 1 managed to keep a lot of people interested and playing for a very long time. It proved that the gear treadmill isn’t necessary, that you could “progress” and keep a player’s interest without having to scale vertically, through power gains. Instead, it was all about horizontal progression: completing different campaigns, getting better-looking gear and weapons, getting different skills unlocked so you were more versatile, etc. etc.

Guild Wars 2 was clearly made with the same intention. If you’re the kind of player that needs that gear treadmill, or that constant power gain, then you’ll probably not like this game’s endgame. But you should give it a chance nonetheless, you might be surprised.

Hit level 80 last week,

was GW1 like another regular fps deathmatch?
i mean, when your “side” wins, whats next ?

Hit level 80 last week,

Posted by: Khoda.3601

Khoda.3601

So you were only willing to hear one kind of post? then you should not be posting on a public forum.

So many people here think they own the public forums, no I wasn’t only willing to hear one kind of response. I was more interested in the responses that are informative and original in their nature and helpful. (unlike yours)

Hit level 80 last week,

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

There are tons of legendary weapons to make.

These are the only ones I’ve seen on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plCpEbV158k

If all legendaries are as cool as these weapons, you have something to do for the next 6 months.

Hit level 80 last week,

Posted by: Tearmatt.5410

Tearmatt.5410

Anet should add a WvW ranking and specific gear look for specific ranks, like the Highest being the Warlord with the most coolest looking armor then the lowest to be soldier with quite standard looking mail armor lol. just my suggestion tho

Hit level 80 last week,

Grakor.3450

was GW1 like another regular fps deathmatch?
i mean, when your “side” wins, whats next ?

That depends on what you mean by “wins.”

If you’re talking PvP? You play again. Some people find enjoyment in the game itself, not the carrot at the end of the road.

In PvE? There was a wealth of things to do. Sure, you could eventually run out of “new” content, but such is also the case in other MMOs. I think people forget that, when an MMO is first released, there is much less content than there will be when more content patches and expansions add more to the game. GW1 also had hard mode maps, achievements, dungeons, and such. All very similar to what we see here, and likely will continue to see as the game continues to grow.

Hit level 80 last week,

DusK.3849

Some people find enjoyment in the game itself, not the carrot at the end of the road.

And the rest complain on the forums about how there’s no gear treadmill after 80 in this game.

Hit level 80 last week,

im really not looking after a carrot.

mostly just wondering if server wins in wvw will afftect the game storywise.

or if its mostly like; yeah my server won! now reboot.

Hit level 80 last week,

Grakor.3450

im really not looking after a carrot.

mostly just wondering if server wins in wvw will afftect the game storywise.

or if its mostly like; yeah my server won! now reboot.

Hmm.

In Factions, there was some “meaningful” PvP as you might call it. You joined one of two factions which fought over a particular set of zones on the world map, and the outposts in those zones could be claimed by guilds that aligned themselves with one of the given factions.

There were also guild halls that would actually be places where PvP fights could happen, IIRC. As I recall, guild halls are something the devs said they eventually want to add to GW2.

Hit level 80 last week,

yup that could be cool!

just giving an “rpg” twist to it instead of simply sporting my server logo like a baseball team.

im not looking for gear, just a lively world/setting!

thx