Holy Grind Wars 2!

Holy Grind Wars 2!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I like GW2 when it was much simpler.. When we only needed either crafting or karma or tokens, from just whatever type of content we want, when we want it and still get BiS equipment without so much hassle.

I chose GW2 because I thought the grind was gonna only gonna be cosmetic.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

I like GW2 when it was much simpler.. When we only needed either crafting or karma or tokens, from just whatever type of content we want, when we want it and still get BiS equipment without so much hassle.

I chose GW2 because I thought the grind was gonna only gonna be cosmetic.

Most importantly G can reduce some of the grind. Not now though. You MUST do certain time-consuming things in order to get BiS gear.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

As I can read we have two groups. One group who thinks this is a grind game and another group who doesn’t think this is a grind game since they already have what group 1 wants. Hmmm, people can be so strange and false informed. As far as I can see is that people just love to complain and that Anet can do nothing good except when it’s exactly what they had in mind. Yes, sadly we are that spoiled. There is grind in GW 2 but not required to do to get something. If you just play the game for fun you can get everything. It might take a little longer but you can get it. Prizes will drop and you can buy it from the TP or be lucky enough to get it while playing. What I am saying is, doing be a spoiled brat that only had to pay 50 €/$ or so to play a game that gets a lot of new updates for FREE! Lots of other games cost as much and you are done with it after 25 hours… There are going to be changes you like and don’t like. And yes share your opinion about it but please with less drama.

Yes. I am spoiled. ENTERTAIN ME. That’s what I paid for. That’s what will keep me buying gems in the gem store. Do a kitten jig, sing a song, make flashy graphics.

Why would anyone except anything less from a hobby?

Exactly. Just a quick friendly reminder to people who come from facebook moneygrabbers or asian grinders, a game is an entertainment product. How on earth can someone who wants an entertainment product to be fun be called spoiled anyway? Want me to play longer? Want me to pay? Give me game, not this kitten.

Because, by some people, MMOs are not about fun and entertainment but boredom and work

Thats why those MMOs they used to play died off or are ancient history, they were epithome of boredom and if i want second job ill get second job.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by MikaHR.1978)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

a different thougt on Grinding just to be original..

And IF this insane grinding is due to speculators?
If its true that TP and taxes prevent gold inflation is also true that this happens at expenses of most players that are quite poor.

In the meantime 1% of players have an insane amount of gold and are “winning” the game at expenses of 99% that starts to see stuff they need to be really grindy.

Look at what happened Yesterday.
Do we really think that nobody stocked huge amounts of orichalcum and wood to artificially inflate prices today?

Isn t it worst when you see it coming from a dev giving suggestions on TP section (that 99% players won t ever read) that encouraged speculation a lot?

Global economy may be good in this game, but if you look at how wealth is distributed is a complete mess.

So instead of time gating + really affordable stuff we now have time gating + insane grinding (about 200G to level your profession to 500 and obtain your weapon)

Please start considering that 99% of players are not speculators and TP is harming them even if they are invisible to global economy.

Start to put some HUGE risk for speculators to match their reward….. (rich ori and wood nodes) to keep the market honest.

Do this and you will have ascended grind cut in half

T7 are not a problem it seems

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Mr Quinn.9815

Mr Quinn.9815

… well at least it’s not costing $15 a month, that would break the donkey’s back.

ps. I used to craft, ANet won, I give up now.

this notice was brought to you by a Misguided Misfit

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Seriously people there is absolutely nothing that will ever make you happy. Each time arenanet tries to make it as easy on you and give you what you ask for as much as possible you still find stuff to complain about. I bet you would find something to complain about even if they just mailed each character a full set of ascended armor that you can choose stats for.

So lets see… first it was stuff requires too many mats its a grind.. fair enough, so arenanet introduced time gating.

Then it was 2 thinks first we had time gating slows me down and doesnt allow me to get all done in 1 day etc.. and also I dont feel like I earn my ascended stuff completing an easy daily, there is nothing epic about getting a piece of ascended gear

So now Arenanet allows you to sell / buy the time gated stuff and some materials you need come from champion, world bosses, jping puzzles and really any content you can think off

now its omg p2w, you can use gold to get it quickly … fail… and ohh 500 of something that drops in batches of 15-20 … killing 20 world bosses? too grindy!

Seriously nothing is good for you people.

I mean just read the posts here. You want it easy to get and quick but at the same time you dont want a new tier. Cant you see those two things are conflicting with each other? They didnt put in ascended gear just for the fun of it, they put in ascended gear to give the vertical progressionares a goal to work towards. The longer it takes to get a single piece the better because the longer there will be a need for new tier.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Galen Grey.4709

… well at least it’s not costing $15 a month, that would break the donkey’s back.

ps. I used to craft, ANet won, I give up now.

Cause what you used to craft before is no longer in the game now right?

Holy Grind Wars 2!

MikaHR.1978

Seriously people there is absolutely nothing that will ever make you happy.

I was quite happy for past year. Put 1000+ hours in the game.

You were saying?

S to give the vertical progressionares a goal to work towards.

Except you can get it of TP. Insta gear.

For someone with crapton of gold its not much different from exotics rofl. A bit more hassle maybe.

(edited by MikaHR.1978)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Galen Grey.4709

a different thougt on Grinding just to be original..

And IF this insane grinding is due to speculators?
If its true that TP and taxes prevent gold inflation is also true that this happens at expenses of most players that are quite poor.

In the meantime 1% of players have an insane amount of gold and are “winning” the game at expenses of 99% that starts to see stuff they need to be really grindy.

Look at what happened Yesterday.
Do we really think that nobody stocked huge amounts of orichalcum and wood to artificially inflate prices today?

Isn t it worst when you see it coming from a dev giving suggestions on TP section (that 99% players won t ever read) that encouraged speculation a lot?

Global economy may be good in this game, but if you look at how wealth is distributed is a complete mess.

So instead of time gating + really affordable stuff we now have time gating + insane grinding (about 200G to level your profession to 500 and obtain your weapon)

Please start considering that 99% of players are not speculators and TP is harming them even if they are invisible to global economy.

Start to put some HUGE risk for speculators to match their reward….. (rich ori and wood nodes) to keep the market honest.

Do this and you will have ascended grind cut in half

T7 are not a problem it seems

To destroy the speculators all you need is patience…

I was leveling up my crafting yesterday and I ran out of ancient wood. Went on tp to buy some 12s a piece? no way… Just went on to harvest it myself. While doing that the claw of jormag event spawned, been a while since I last did it + I need those mats to level from 450 anyway so I did that… completed it, went back to harvesting but it was getting late and I was tired so I though ohh well I could do southsun and orr to get more ancient wood but I’d rather sleep its not like Its not going to be there tomorrow and I went to sleep.

Was that something that hard to do ? speculators can keep their overpriced mats.
Might even undercut them a bit and do a massive profit on their backs for a while. Because you know what, if it takes an extra month or two to get the weapon ? so what, it wasnt needed up till yesterday and it will still not be needed in 2 months time. All people need is a little patience and realise just cause it takes you a while longer then the theoretical minimum to get something its not a big deal.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Galen Grey.4709

You were saying?

Well guess what that same exact game is still there. Why on earth should a new goal ever make you unhappy?

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Galen Grey.4709

Except you can get it of TP. Insta gear.

For someone with crapton of gold its not much different from exotics rofl. A bit more hassle maybe.

I know, if it were me, I wouldnt have done that… but people wanted it and arenanet for some reason decided to give it to them. Not that it made any of them happy but anyway.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

MikaHR.1978

You were saying?

Well guess what that same exact game is still there. Why on earth should a new goal ever make you unhappy?

Its a goal i have 0 interest and is shoved down my throat. And even more of that crap will be shoved very soon. And then some more.

Its not the same game, its now a game with gear grind treadmill i dont want to play any more.

I know, if it were me, I wouldnt have done that… but people wanted it and arenanet for some reason decided to give it to them. Not that it made any of them happy but anyway.

So it doesnt make anyone happy.

It just annoy rest of us. Why continue to play the game that constantly annoys you? Well i guess some people like banging their heads against the wall, not me though.

(edited by MikaHR.1978)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

LordByron.8369

I was leveling up my crafting yesterday and I ran out of ancient wood. Went on tp to buy some 12s a piece? no way… Just went on to harvest it myself.

the fact that speculation is the number 1 mean to make money in this game and its becoming worse any day proves you alone can t do nothing about it.

Unfortunately we need anet to realize that global economy data doesn t show how while global economy is good is in a terrible state for most players.

And double the grind making the game unfun for a big part of players even if gold value is not inflated.

ANET do something on the TP and you will see less grinding complaints.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

Yep, grind over grind over grind. And to be honest: the change to legendary weapons allowing a state-change whenever you like is totally against the manifesto stating that legendaries should only be cosmetic and not yield any advantages.

But QQ’ing here won’t help. They will most likely not read it, and even if they do, they won’t reply. Have you ever seen them admit a major mistake and starting a conversation with the community on how this could be fixed? They just don’t care as long as there are still people throwing money at them on the TP.

With every patch I get more and more the feeling that I’m just playing this game to waste some time until ESO is released.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Profano.9514

Profano.9514

I love Guild Wars 2 ( +1600 hours) but this is just too much for me.
Why i must spend 250 gold for cap a professional skill, or more if i need sword + torch for my pg?!?!? Why i can’t simply buy from TP too?

I don’t want to farm, i want to play WvW, i love WvW, so why i can’t buy ascended weapons from WvW vendors too?

Why Anet don’t give me the freedom of choice?

The Sleeping Bard [TSB] | The Bard, http://bit.ly/1GSrsZu

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I realize that it looks a bit daunting, but I think if you watch this video and follow it’s simple instructions you’ll feel much better about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSReSGe200A

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Galen Grey.4709

You were saying?

Its a goal i have 0 interest and is shoved down my throat. And even more of that crap will be shoved very soon. And then some more.

Its not the same game, its now a game with gear grind treadmill i dont want to play any more.

It just annoy rest of us. Why continue to play the game that constantly annoys you? Well i guess some people like banging their heads against the wall, not me though.

how is it being shoved down your throat? if you got no interested in ascended gear then whats the problem of ignoring it?

Because nothing ever makes people people happy.

no Ascended gear at all… people who dont care about cosmetics are unhappy
Ascended gear easy to get and quicky…. people who hate vertical progression will be unhappy when the new tier comes around
Ascended gear takes a long time to get…. everyone including those people who dont want a new tier are unhappy
Ascended gear can be obtained quicker using a lot of gold…. people complain about the cost
Ascended gear cannot be obtained quicker using gold… people complain the game is not allowing them to work harder to get it quicker
I could go on….

I dont know any other MMO that tried to make so many compromises and give people what they want.

Any other MMORPG would be want BiS? do this specific raids for months until all the stuff you want drops and you get your turn to get it or nothing. I am sure if this variety of options dont make you happy nothing else will.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

It’s because people want to finish the game and move to the next, and ANet is making it slower for them

One – Piken Square

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Galen Grey.4709

I was leveling up my crafting yesterday and I ran out of ancient wood. Went on tp to buy some 12s a piece? no way… Just went on to harvest it myself.

the fact that speculation is the number 1 mean to make money in this game and its becoming worse any day proves you alone can t do nothing about it.

Unfortunately we need anet to realize that global economy data doesn t show how while global economy is good is in a terrible state for most players.

And double the grind making the game unfun for a big part of players even if gold value is not inflated.

ANET do something on the TP and you will see less grinding complaints.

Like what? remove any kind of freedom from TP? dont allow people to sell at a price they choose? I somehow doubt that will make people happy.

This is something players themselves have to deal with. Arenanet manipulated stuff will just make things worst in my opinion.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Galen Grey.4709

Yep, grind over grind over grind. And to be honest: the change to legendary weapons allowing a state-change whenever you like is totally against the manifesto stating that legendaries should only be cosmetic and not yield any advantages.

But QQ’ing here won’t help. They will most likely not read it, and even if they do, they won’t reply. Have you ever seen them admit a major mistake and starting a conversation with the community on how this could be fixed? They just don’t care as long as there are still people throwing money at them on the TP.

With every patch I get more and more the feeling that I’m just playing this game to waste some time until ESO is released.

who says its a major mistake?

You dont like how they did it fine, I understand that… but how does that make it a major mistake?

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Profano.9514

Galen, what you say is the f****** truth but this time, and this is MY FIRST TIME , i see GW2 doing wrong- This time, if you want the BEST stats, you must do just one thing: cap crafting spending a lot of gold.

This is not the GW2 i remember when i bought the game, Anet doing wrong, imho.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

MikaHR.1978

You were saying?

how is it being shoved down your throat? if you got no interested in ascended gear then whats the problem of ignoring it?

Because nothing ever makes people people happy.

no Ascended gear at all… people who dont care about cosmetics are unhappy
Ascended gear easy to get and quicky…. people who hate vertical progression will be unhappy when the new tier comes around
Ascended gear takes a long time to get…. everyone including those people who dont want a new tier are unhappy
Ascended gear can be obtained quicker using a lot of gold…. people complain about the cost
Ascended gear cannot be obtained quicker using gold… people complain the game is not allowing them to work harder to get it quicker
I could go on….

I dont know any other MMO that tried to make so many compromises and give people what they want.

Any other MMORPG would be want BiS? do this specific raids for months until all the stuff you want drops and you get your turn to get it or nothing. I am sure if this variety of options dont make you happy nothing else will.

There are some compromises that cannot be made.

And Anet is moving 180 degrees away from what they promoted for 5 years and what actually made them “fastest selling MMO ever”

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I don’t get it.

I got a lot of them mats playing around 6 hours a week, and I’ve already got half of the Bloodstone from 10 bags. Hardly a full time job :/

you may want to check what you are going to do with these stacks. Yes, some materials come in actually annoying quantities that clutter your bank. I think of them as gateway drugs for ascended crafting.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

LordByron.8369

Like what? remove any kind of freedom from TP? dont allow people to sell at a price they choose? I somehow doubt that will make people happy.

This is something players themselves have to deal with. Arenanet manipulated stuff will just make things worst in my opinion.

Aside the fact it would hurt an 1% of players that this game would be better without (imho).

What they have to do is their job i.e. BALANCE.

Cof1 farming is too good? balance ….
Karma is too good? balance….
orr farm is too good? balance….

TP is too good? -.- nothing done and speculation is incentivated

making something 500% more expensive in few days is NOT balanced…..

If someone can make thousandS gold out of it in few hours its even worse.

You can thave only speculators to win the game while skilled WWW players, PvP players and PvE players are HARMED in the process.

99% players are forced to grind for ASCENDED DUE TO 1% that possibly doesn t even know how to kill a moa, have 0 grind and just bougt lot of BiS weapons with the gain bypassing even time gating.

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Galen Grey.4709

Galen, what you say is the f****** truth but this time, and this is MY FIRST TIME , i see GW2 doing wrong- This time, if you want the BEST stats, you must do just one thing: cap crafting spending a lot of gold.

This is not the GW2 i remember when i bought the game, Anet doing wrong, imho.

Yes and No…

Yes have a point for the most efficient sure way you do you do have to rely on crafting and you have to level crafting which if you’re not a crafter or hate crafting its a bit of a problem true.

No as in its not the only way. They drop from World bosses, Champions, Jumping puzzles, WvW objectives and other stuff. Of course I am not going to pretend its ideal, in fact it might be borderline unfeasible but its too early to say for sure. Also no in that you can buy everything related to the crafting and do that by playing whatever you choose.

But most of all I would imagine this is just step one, So far everything ascended piece introduced in the game was made eventually obtainable through different ways. Fractals, dailies, Guild vendor etc.. I would assume same will be with this.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

FoTM was an insane grind, and no new maps but instead we got SAB… which is pointless.

I figured it would stop with FoTm, this ascended weapon crap with +100 crafting is crossing the line for no good reason.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

Aside the fact it would hurt an 1% of players that this game would be better without (imho).

You can thave only speculators to win the game while skilled WWW players, PvP players and PvE players are HARMED in the process.

99% players are forced to grind for ASCENDED DUE TO 1% that possibly doesn t even know how to kill a moa, have 0 grind and just bougt lot of BiS weapons with the gain bypassing even time gating.

That’s not even balance. They nerf it so hard that if you want to try and farm it you can’t. They took the fun right out of their own game and turned a fun farm into an asian grind, and nobody want’s an asian grind…. I’m referring to grinds to intense people die in bowls of ramen over there… I ain’t kidding either.

This game could still be fun… if everything wasn’t nerfed into the ground. They’re forcing us to play harder by nerfing everything in the game..

Only people with thousands of gold are botters and TP flippers who started early and never stopped, or got incredibly lucky and they keep getting precursor out of mystic toilet, but I doubt that.

(edited by Shelledfade.6435)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Galen Grey.4709

And Anet is moving 180 degrees away from what they promoted for 5 years and what actually made them “fastest selling MMO ever”

You know this is very dangerous that you’re saying now because while you’re right some compromises are dangerous because they can end up alienating the two or more groups you’re trying to please, not compromising means you have to cut one group out.

If then you’re seeing the game move in a direction different then you would like (assuming its not a one time thing) chances are its because the other group is bigger. So forcing them to stop compromising might not have the desired result.

I said it a lot of times and I will do it again.
be careful what you wish for.

I think compromises are in everyone’s best interest personally.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Profano.9514

No as in its not the only way. They drop from World bosses, Champions, Jumping puzzles, WvW objectives and other stuff. Of course I am not going to pretend its ideal, in fact it might be borderline unfeasible but its too early to say for sure. Also no in that you can buy everything related to the crafting and do that by playing whatever you choose..

Let me explain better Galen, and sorry for my poor english.
Actually we don’t know the drop rate from World Bosses, Champions etc., but we are sure ascended weapons are more rares than exotics no? Plus, you can’t choose what type of stat would have the ascended drop, and if you are not interested, you can’t sell.

So i must farm for ascended weapons and they are not only aesthetics.
This is not, theorically, what was GW2; this is not the game we bought during the closed beta, imho.

All the other things are amazing for me.
Anet done a fantastic job in 1 year;i bought gems sometime just for say “thanks guys, go forward!”, but this, come on, this is not the GW spirit, this is Blizzard style.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

MikaHR.1978

You know this is very dangerous that you’re saying now because while you’re right some compromises are dangerous because they can end up alienating the two or more groups you’re trying to please, not compromising means you have to cut one group out.

If then you’re seeing the game move in a direction different then you would like (assuming its not a one time thing) chances are its because the other group is bigger. So forcing them to stop compromising might not have the desired result.

Many company went against their current customers in order to “get moar” customers and came crumbling because in the end they made compromises noone wanted.

And yes, i would for once want them to say what exactly they want out of their game (well they did that before launch but then made 180 turn, so yah, lumps of salt and all that)

But, to put it into perspective – failed games took ANets current approach.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Galen Grey.4709

You just cannot balance TP by balancing everything else. Lets assume every single content rewarded precisely the same amount. lets say DE take 5 minutes to complete and give you 1 silver. Dungeons take 30 minutes to complete and reward you with just 6s. no one thing is making anyone richer faster then anything else… would that solve the problem? doubt it. because 1 you’re still get an imbalance. Someone who plays 8hrs per day 7 days a week just farming will do around 7g per week. someone who plays 8hrs during the weekend will make 2g per week. But thats not all. lets assume everyone has exactly the same amount of money… how would that stop speculation? people can still flip stuff. Speculators can pool resources if they need to. etc..

Balance… while obviously great to have will not solve the problem imho

Holy Grind Wars 2!

LordByron.8369

You just cannot balance TP by balancing everything else. Lets assume every single content rewarded precisely the same amount. lets say DE take 5 minutes to complete and give you 1 silver. Dungeons take 30 minutes to complete and reward you with just 6s. no one thing is making anyone richer faster then anything else… would that solve the problem? doubt it. because 1 you’re still get an imbalance. Someone who plays 8hrs per day 7 days a week just farming will do around 7g per week. someone who plays 8hrs during the weekend will make 2g per week. But thats not all. lets assume everyone has exactly the same amount of money… how would that stop speculation? people can still flip stuff. Speculators can pool resources if they need to. etc..

Balance… while obviously great to have will not solve the problem imho

except the fact unlabance in TP is HUGE and should be cut of by a equal HUGE margin.

What they are doing well?

MAking sharks to attempt at precursor speculation to just announce precursor crafting coming soon (during 2013) few days after.

More of this please well done anet!!!

GW2 balance:

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Galen Grey.4709

No as in its not the only way. They drop from World bosses, Champions, Jumping puzzles, WvW objectives and other stuff. Of course I am not going to pretend its ideal, in fact it might be borderline unfeasible but its too early to say for sure. Also no in that you can buy everything related to the crafting and do that by playing whatever you choose..

Actually we don’t know the drop rate from World Bosses, Champions etc., but we are sure ascended weapons are more rares than exotics no? Plus, you can’t choose what type of stat would have the ascended drop, and if you are not interested, you can’t sell.

This is not, theorically, what was GW2; this is not the game we bought during the closed beta, imho.

Anet done a fantastic job in 1 year;i bought gems sometime just for say “thanks guys, go forward!”, but this, come on, this is not the GW spirit, this is Blizzard style.

No need to apologize, I understand what you’re saying.

Logically yes, you’d expect them to be more rare of a drop then exotics or perhaps just as close. However I think you have one crucial piece of information missing there because of which you think drops isnt a viable avenue to get ascended weapons but it it really is. You feel it isnt viable because you cannot gear you character in exotic weapons using drops right now which is true but you can using ascended weapons because the game allows you to choose its type and stat combo if you get a drop.

As the blog post put it:
“first off, crafting is not the only way to get Ascended Weapons! Anywhere you can get an Ascended Material drop or an Ascended item drop there is also a rare chance that you will get an Ascended Weapon chest that allows you to choose which weapon type you want from within a stat combo.
Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/economy-report-brace-yourself-disequilibrium-is-coming/

Thats an important distinction. Getting exotic weapons through drops is impossible because you dont know the type or the stat combo you’re going to get. I got 5 exotic weapons drop in the game and not one was useful to me. But if these were ascended it would be 5 ascended weapons I need since what type and stat combo i get is not random here. I get to choose that when I get the drop. The only question is how bad the drop rate is going to be which is what we dont know so far.

I dont see how this goes towards blizzard spirit personally. I only played WoW at launch but Crafting back then couldnt get you BiS only raids could. That was actually the reason I didnt subscribe to it. I love crafting and I just hated that i would spend hours leveling up my crafting to match my level, craft the best weapon I could and less then 5 minutes later without even have leveled I would get something better from a drop.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Galen Grey.4709

Many company went against their current customers in order to “get moar” customers and came crumbling because in the end they made compromises noone wanted.

And yes, i would for once want them to say what exactly they want out of their game (well they did that before launch but then made 180 turn, so yah, lumps of salt and all that)

I am sorry and I dont mean to be disrespectful but you’re being a bit self centered here in my opinion.

You’re assuming the current customers = people who hate vertical progression. Current customers = those who bought the game and there were so many people in that group that wanted vertical progression that it was introduced in the very 2nd patch.

And 180 degree turn how? we knew this was coming from that very 2nd month. People say this is grindy but there are exotic weapons that are much worst to craft then any of these ascended weapons. None of the ascended gear locks up any content like they promised it never would. You can get Ascended weapons in different ways. Whats this 180 degree turn you speak about exactly?

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Khal Drogo.9631

+1. Fantastic maybe not – ok overall. I had wanted to do Oola’s lab etc guess now is the time to go do it.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I’m fine with time gating, one gating method needs to exist afterall.
But I won’t be farming 500 of this and that.
Hopefully there are more ways to aquire AWs than that.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

MikaHR.1978

I am sorry and I dont mean to be disrespectful but you’re being a bit self centered here in my opinion.

You’re assuming the current customers = people who hate vertical progression. Current customers = those who bought the game and there were so many people in that group that wanted vertical progression that it was introduced in the very 2nd patch.

And 180 degree turn how? we knew this was coming from that very 2nd month. People say this is grindy but there are exotic weapons that are much worst to craft then any of these ascended weapons. None of the ascended gear locks up any content like they promised it never would. You can get Ascended weapons in different ways. Whats this 180 degree turn you speak about exactly?

Not to be disrespectful, but read the thread again.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Galen Grey.4709

except the fact unlabance in TP is HUGE and should be cut of by a equal HUGE margin.

What they are doing well?

MAking sharks to attempt at precursor speculation to just announce precursor crafting coming soon (during 2013) few days after.

More of this please well done anet!!!

Like I said in my opinion thats a problem that only players can fix. If players didnt let impatience rule them and didnt buy any ancient wood logs until it went back down to 1-2s the problem would be solved pretty quickly as people undercut each other and the original speculator would end up with 1000s of gold in losses and you can be sure s/he would never try it again.

Arenanet dont have to solve every single problem. nothing they can do here without massively being unfair to a lot of people. This is entirely a player problem.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Galen Grey.4709

Not to be disrespectful, but read the thread again.

Why, if i read it again will statements like this is so grindy become magically true?

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

Gear wars 2 ,Farm wars 2 , Grindwars 2.All of those is what gw2 has become instead of actually having guild wars.A tittle that doesn’t even relate to their game in anyway….

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Khal Drogo.9631

BS. With the possible exception of Infinite Light, all other exotics are cheaper and much faster to craft – even Volcanus. And a lot of this has to do with the fact that 90% of mats can be bought with gold ie you can trade what you don’t want for something that you want.

Gear wars 2 ,Farm wars 2 , Grindwars 2.All of those is what gw2 has become instead of actually having guild wars.A tittle that doesn’t even relate to their game in anyway….

You forgot Super Mario / Battletoads Wars.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: byjiang.1260

byjiang.1260

Except to fool you into thinking it would be the spiritual successor of GW1. Jokes on you (and me).

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

We were told long long before this game launched that there would be no GvG. Straight out. Guess that’s one thing Anet told the truth about huh?

If they added it, you’d probably just accuse them of lying.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

the problem is not the number of mats needed the problem is all the time gating and once per account BS that is going on, I tried to raise awareness of this trend when they performed their test with the useless quartz but since all the IQ deprived care bears seemed to like it and they make the majority of the player base, well now i say I tried to warn you but you chose not to listen now kitten and live with it. it’s a hell of your own making !!!!

Holy Grind Wars 2!

MikaHR.1978

I like Grind Wars 2 the best. Its most fitting

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

That’s a very fitting name, as long as you preface it with the words “there really isn’t any reason to…”

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Khal Drogo.9631

Even the grindosaurs are complaining about time gating and not about collection of the mats.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: byjiang.1260

byjiang.1260

That’s a very fitting name, as long as you preface it with the words “there really isn’t any reason to…”

Stop this nonsense please. Would you do Liadri in all greens? Any time they release anything remotely challenging you’ll want the best gear available.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Seriously people there is absolutely nothing that will ever make you happy. Each time arenanet tries to make it as easy on you and give you what you ask for as much as possible you still find stuff to complain about. I bet you would find something to complain about even if they just mailed each character a full set of ascended armor that you can choose stats for.

So lets see… first it was stuff requires too many mats its a grind.. fair enough, so arenanet introduced time gating.

Then it was 2 thinks first we had time gating slows me down and doesnt allow me to get all done in 1 day etc.. and also I dont feel like I earn my ascended stuff completing an easy daily, there is nothing epic about getting a piece of ascended gear

So now Arenanet allows you to sell / buy the time gated stuff and some materials you need come from champion, world bosses, jping puzzles and really any content you can think off

now its omg p2w, you can use gold to get it quickly … fail… and ohh 500 of something that drops in batches of 15-20 … killing 20 world bosses? too grindy!

Seriously nothing is good for you people.

I mean just read the posts here. You want it easy to get and quick but at the same time you dont want a new tier. Cant you see those two things are conflicting with each other? They didnt put in ascended gear just for the fun of it, they put in ascended gear to give the vertical progressionares a goal to work towards. The longer it takes to get a single piece the better because the longer there will be a need for new tier.

Nobody asked for a new tier of gear and we CERTAINLY didn’t ask for such ridiculous requirements to create them. Not to mention that the main way to attain them is via crafting, while the drops themselves will have such a miniscule drop rate I bet. You think Anet would’ve learned from when they first introduced Ascended that people hated the fact you could only get the rings from Fractals, but no, they didn’t.

They want to make us happy? New sPvP modes, Re-vamped dungeons, CHALLENGING content that doesn’t zerg=auto win, more weapon and armor skins (weapon skins have actually been pretty good though), non-fugly charr armor, Dueling, Pre-Cursor Scavenger hunt and MOAR SPVP MODES (yes I know I said it twice, but somehow they just don’t get the message).

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Galen Grey.4709

learn the lore.

Guild Wars the term applies to Guild wars 2 just as much as it applies to Gw1