Honestly I like this forum alot better

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

The new one :

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/

The old one is clean and concise and not overly complicated.
You can browse through each topic easily because it doesn’t has lots of pointless white space and feature to distract your eye.
The old one can edit your post without time limit (15 mins for new one)

To make matter worse, the new one includes downvote feature, on top of being visible!
It can even generate in game conflict because people might whisper to the downvoter ingame for downvoting their post.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Goodbye, five years of discussion history in a simple condensed format. /salute

I know it had to happen, and I think the new forums have a lot of good things and some of the “bad” things will just take adjustment to the change. I’m just sad to lose the contents of the old forums. They’ve been part of my life for a long time.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think it’s a shame, as well. Sigh.

The new forums really hurt my eyes; not sure if I can be as active.

Maybe I will feel better about them once I’ve truly figured them out.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I hope they understand this forum, even while buggy and not userfriendly on portables like phone and tablets, was in the end layed out pretty well…

It was easiliy navigated, but lacked a decent search feature and a decent way to retain the posts if they failed due to traffic, bugs, lag , lost packets or otherwise.

I am very uncertain if I like the new forum better. I think theyu should have implemented the form’s engine but the looks are horrid.

This one wins in feel, view and readability,

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

So do I
It maybe have a few bugs and less functionality but at least it’s clean and the main focus are placed on posts instead of all the surrounding.

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

well buy guys and gals.. see you on the new forums.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

I prefer this format compared to the new one

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I find that the main layout of the new forum is OK, but when you go into one of the forums… oh dear… just… no… Anet no. That look horrible for a forum. And then when you go into a thread it look fine at a glance in the long comments but then you get to short comments (like 1-2 lines with lots of users on screen) and again it look horrible. All that red crap and text and icons are just shoved into your face everywhere.

The design just hurts my eyes.

But I guess we have to deal with it :/

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Turning off all signatures helped a bit, but layout is still full of clutter and much worse at least on computer screen than these old ones. Especially the topic list, can see like 8 topics per page compared to like 30-40 on these ones.

Guess they’re designed for mobile devices.

Really needs a way to turn off ALL icons.

(edited by Ameepa.6793)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s not any better on mobile.

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

It’s vastly better on a mobile than these forums.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Posted by: Mel.3064

Mel.3064

looks like the same forum software as TESO uses, but different skin and settings

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I think, if possible, they should make the avatars smaller on the new forum and try to reduce the space each thread title takes up. When I view general discussion in the new forum a significant portion of the page is taken up by sticky threads. It is bad enough on this forum but made worse in the new one. That is mostly due to the spacing for each thread. I really hope as they improve the new forum they work on the spacing issues.

But on the new forum the search function seems to work well. That is a major plus.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Ayrilana.1396

Not really. There’s so much more white space and long quotes just force you to scrolls even more. Actually, I have to scroll even more regardless as to whether there are quoted posts or not.

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

Wow I didn’t know anything about this new forum! I’m in agreement with others that the new look is quite harsh on the eyes. I’ve only had a quick glance around in it, but it looks quite messy as well. I much prefer the look of this one.

*edit – I’ve also just read something about there being a rank system as well. Not sure how it will work, but I generally don’t like it when forums do stuff like that as it means people will just create topics and post any old rubbish just to try and get their rank up to make them look special.

(edited by killermanjaro.5670)

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Not really. There’s so much more white space and long quotes just force you to scrolls even more. Actually, I have to scroll even more regardless as to whether there are quoted posts or not.

I don’t know what you’re seeing but the formatting on the new forums is built for mobile browsers unlike the current one.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

This forums right here suddenly stretched all over the screen to the very borders, made it hard to scroll trough on my Surface because I accidently clicked on the titles when swiping down. Now I know why that suddenly happened.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

Even if the new forums have some “growing pains” at the moment (they pretty much just launched), I am far less upset by this upgrade than many other forum updates I’ve experienced over the years. They kept the same general look of the forums, so transitioning hasn’t been too bad. It’s best if we keep posting our feedback in the official feedback thread over there so that the good people at ANet can see what works and what doesn’t. Complaining about it on the older forum won’t change anything. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/269/feedback-new-forums#latest

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Posted by: Zalifer.6140

Zalifer.6140

They need to dump all the extra stuff. Avatars are useless, since there’s only a handful of stock images rather than uploading your own, you can’t use them to tell people apart.
Reactions are a bad idea. Certainly need to dump the list of avatars under each post, should probably delete reactions totally, maybe keep just “like” but don’t bother listing who it was. Loads of wasted space between posts due to the new post header being vertical instead of beside the post, and the huge reactions sections. Editing is now locked down to 15 minutes too, for no good reason.

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t know what you’re seeing but the formatting on the new forums is built for mobile browsers unlike the current one.

https://imgur.com/a/0xbdR

vs

https://imgur.com/a/z4zdw

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

This forum is much better then new one. New one is insanely hard to read.

In fact, this is one of my favorite forum layouts ever (and i read a lot of them). Forum bug bleh. It’s a small price to pay for nice letter type, good connection between each forum line, good readability, and good colour matching.

New forums is harder to read, impossible to get a ‘one screen to see it all’ option (to see all text of one page , in one monitor view without scrolling).

There way to much empty space on new forum, it’s to flashy white (wich is very bad on high brightness screens).

I didn’t like reddit, but at least reddit, makes it’s chaotic nature full of texts, and buttons, very readable, cause good font, a grey background (not this insane bothering white), and there’s no sudden ‘this is an empty void of no text, feeling ’disconnected’ from the rest of it’s page’. The new forum, between each main topic line, and especially between title lines has way to much empty space.

I have to SEARCH for text, and search again, to see where I was last. In old forum/reddit this is not the case. Even in most forums that I use for first time ever (and have unique layout) this is not the case. This is even worse then 10 year old forums of another mmo i used to play (who still haven’t renewed).

I hate to be negative about it, but I have to. If this continues: new thing: I will never read forums again, always demotivated by the loss of time that my eyes keep wander around until they find text. Now i read forums 30 mins per day usually. I don’t see why forum (especially layout) had to be updated.

‘But it’s you, you are to lazy to adept to new forum’ (un expected thought/response). Well 90% of forums i read are totally not annoying, and one can get ‘totally into’ like when reading a book. 5% are ‘so so’. Another 3% are annoying (mostly the adds). The last 2% wich is almost completely and solely Gw2 has this hidden ‘vibe’ over it, to make you stop reading it cause of multiple small annoyances becoming a big one.

Poor design. 0/10. Sometimes copy pasting is not a crime. In this case a lot should have been copy pasted, and a kittenanged to have a good mix. Apart from colour settings, nothing is kept same now.

If you wanted to make even fewer people read the forums good job anet. (And since forums is full of critisism, and devs post mainly on reddit, that isn’t very unlikely imho). Sad for people like Benjamin Karic wich responses in fractal forums will now be overruled by bad forum layout. He was a great poster, wich will now get unjustice.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.