How are these bugs still in the game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I’m making this post here because it effects the entirety of the game. PvE, PvP and WvW are all effected.

There are currently two “bugs” in the game that are ruining the experience of a lot of players.

The first one revolves around the incredible damage engineers can pull off with grenades. While it might not have as much an impact in PvE it’s making PvP pretty trivial.

The second bug revolves around guardians shouts stacking quickness and damage.This impacts all parts of the game, especially WvW where large blobs of players can take a gate down in under 30 seconds with just melee weapons.

For a game that takes PvP seriously, and is pushing hard for it to be competitive and fun I’m astonished these bugs have not been patched yet. I think a lot of players who’ve played E-sport type games will concur that if there’s a game breaking bug/exploit/build most companies would be quick to address it with a hot fix.

Again, these things effect all phases of the game, I suppose people aren’t really complaining about the PvE effects because everyone benefits from more loot, but when it starts to diminish the enjoyably of the other game modes I think something should be done.

Just my opinions, feel free to respectfully disagree.

(edited by grifflyman.8102)

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

The bug has only been around since the big patch, and they are buried in a set of conditionals. With the way code works in most games, you can have something totally unrelated to the feature causing the problem, as state monitoring in games is nothing short of voodoo magic.

As a fact of life, knowing a bug exists, and wanting to fix it, are not the only steps to fixing the code.

Dennis Nedry: "[laughs] I am totally unappreciated in my time. You can run this whole park from this room with minimal staff for up to 3 days. You think that kind of automation is easy? Or cheap? You know anybody who can network 8 connection machines and debug 2 million lines of code for what I bid for this job? Because if he can I’d like to see him try. "

As for E-Sports, the only difference between an exploit and a strategy is if the other team is using it. Its nice to see PvP get a taste of the “we changed this thing, and now your game mode sucks” situation that WvW has suffered for the better part of 3 years.

Except WvW gets to have some fun with the bug for a change.

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

I came in expecting to see something about the candy corn nodes that are STILL popping up since they started the Halloween celebrations 2 YEARS AGO

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Posted by: Ausfer.1853

Ausfer.1853

I think a lot of players who’ve played E-sport type games will concur that if there’s a game breaking bug/exploit/build most companies would be quick to address it with a hot fix.

You clearly have never played Starcraft 2.

Posted by: Preacher.9526

Preacher.9526

The guardian shouts were fixed already… It’s symbolic avenger that’s bugged.

Blackgate – Bjorn Ironside

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Video of gates being melted in 30 seconds with no siege: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nAIZpVcguY

Video of guardians doing insane damage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlU76B50hvs

Posted by: Preacher.9526

Preacher.9526

Video of gates being melted in 30 seconds with no siege: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nAIZpVcguY

Yes but it’s not shouts. Before you start calling out bugs know your stuff.

Blackgate – Bjorn Ironside

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

While I have personally retired my grenade Engineers until the hyper damage bugs are fixed, I have no issues with people continuing to play their favorite characters.

Anet have said that they know, and are not likely to ban the people using these bugged skills.

Hopefully they are fixed soon but anything beyond how I play is out of my hands.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

They just disabled the symbolic avenger trait (the one that causes the stacking bug in guardians) pending a fix for next scheduled release.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Update-Symbolic-Avenger-Trait/first#post5238515

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.