How do I make gold now?

How do I make gold now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ghanto.9784

Ghanto.9784

For some people, the profit is where the fun’s at. If they’re making good gold, they’re enjoying the game. All about perspective.

Exactly, and let’s be real, just-play-the-game-to-have-fun-and-the-gold-will-roll-in is magical thinking, not reality. While some things you do along the way just for fun might also happen to be profitable, there’s plenty you can be doing to have fun that’s not, which can especially be a problem if you’re wanting/needing the gold in a short period of time. SW is still probably still one of the best ways of getting it for the lazy person like myself who doesn’t like to craft or do Fractals – those for me are definitely NOT fun. You might not make as much as you’d like, but if you can spare a couple hours an evening you should still be able to pull in at least 60+ gold a week. If you want more than that, you’ll either have to spend more time there or folIow one of the other suggestions here. I guess what should be obvious, but you don’t see many people pointing out – although at least one other person in this thread did – is that AN would probably like people spending more real money on gems to buy gold, so here’s to hoping they don’t end up axing every means to making decent quantities of gold relatively quickly aside from the most tedious and time-consuming ones.

(edited by Ghanto.9784)

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Most of the money right now is currently in materials and trading.

With the expansion a lot of markets are in flux which means its a great time to speculate, although that comes with some risks so choose wisely.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Auric basin meta is actually quite good for gold, if you salvage properly.

You will, however be reliant on actually joining maps that are starting the final phase (like SW) and be limited in speed by all the people not instance hopping to do just the final phase (like SW) and will eventually get frsutrated because you can’t find instances fast enough (like SW) because people are trying to jump in at the last minute for the boss without being willing to build up the zone to get to it (like SW)

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Cash shop has a 100% drop rate for gold!

Firmly believe the introduction of f2p has lead to the nerfing of gold and exp gains across the board. Just like all f2p games do.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Dreaminspace.2638

Dreaminspace.2638

With a few minutes a day, a little bit of math, and some information it’s possible to net 20-100+ gold a day with just crafting.

Especially any item that is a consumable (i.e Insignias, Runes, Inscriptions, Components)

How do I make gold now?

fixit.7189

Yes, if you are an economist/accountant who sits in front of the tp all day and night long flipping/observing then making gold is probably much easier. I for one am not that type of player, I rather kill things than do that.

How do I make gold now?

Dreaminspace.2638

Yes, if you are an economist/accountant who sits in front of the tp all day and night long flipping/observing then making gold is probably much easier. I for one am not that type of player, I rather kill things than do that.

I can understand your point if you wish to flip items: However crafting is so much simpler.

By using a known crafting site or with a little bit of code you can import prices into your own spreadsheets, you can easily find which items to craft that will give you the best gain and even within your price/crafting level range. Researching, buying components/materials, and selling your crafted items only take about 10-15 minutes. Then you play the game (i.e. Fractals, HoT, PvP, WvW, dungeons) and wait for your pay day.

Granted with this method it takes gold to make gold.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

How do you get gold?

Easy.

Whip out your credit card → Buy gems → Convert to Gold.

It’s obvious how the game is designed.

How do I make gold now?

fixit.7189

By using a known crafting site or with a little bit of code you can import prices into your own spreadsheets, you can easily find which items to craft that will give you the best gain and even within your price/crafting level range. Researching, buying components/materials, and selling your crafted items only take about 10-15 minutes. Then you play the game (i.e. Fractals, HoT, PvP, WvW, dungeons) and wait for your pay day.

Gee golly whiz, I always wanted to have to mess with spread sheets to make gold in a game instead of playing it! /sarcasme

When it comes down to it, there is 1000s of career flippers out there so trying to compete with you people without have a degree in business simply isn’t going to happen. Instead, I will just continue killing things and making sweat shop wages. Yay!

(edited by fixit.7189)

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Gee golly whiz, I always wanted to have to mess with spread sheets to make gold in a game instead of playing it! /sarcasme

When it comes down to it, there is 1000s of career flippers out there so trying to compete with you people without have a degree in business simply isn’t going to happen. Instead, I will just continue killing things and making sweat shop wages. Yay!

For heavens sake just go out and play the game, anything generate gold for you over time in gw2.
No need to Gee golly whiz people here bud

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

You can make gold “just playing the game,” but it comes in really slowly for the most part. Of course, it depends on what you want gold for.

If it’s a few exotics, then you’ll get it fairly quickly. If you want several sets of ascended or a legendary, it’s going to seem slow going to a lot of players.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

Step1: Take out Credit Card
Step 2: Open Gem Store
Step 3: Buy gems, using Credit Card
Step 4: Go to the Gem-To-Gold Transfer
Step 5: Buy as much gold with the gems you have (OH! And don’t worry about that last 8-5 gems that you can’t convert to gold – Thats called “Salami Slicing”, and you’ll end up spending it someday, right? Riiiiiiiiight….)

Now, Fun Facts!:
*Average American Middle Class Pay: $20 an hour
*Thats 1600 Gems per hour
*Thats around 180 gold
*If you have a RL job, and you work 8 hours a day, you can make up to (180×8) 1440 GOLD!!!

Or, you could just play the game for 8 hours and possibly end up with 8-10 gold, but who wants to do that? Just buy gems. It makes ANet happy. And welcome to the F2P model.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

By using a known crafting site or with a little bit of code you can import prices into your own spreadsheets,

That sounds SO FUN!

HoT is truly amazing! Nerfing every gold method except spread-sheet TP flipping was a great change.

How do I make gold now?

Dreaminspace.2638

By using a known crafting site or with a little bit of code you can import prices into your own spreadsheets,

That sounds SO FUN!

HoT is truly amazing! Nerfing every gold method except spread-sheet TP flipping was a great change.

gw2spidy < No Spreadsheet needed: Shows Crafting Profits and TP Flipping Profits
gw2efficiency < No Spreadsheet needed: Shows various ways to turn <item> into gold.

Crafting is not the same as TP Flipping.

But each to their own.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

That sounds SO FUN!

I hope you do know that the only difference between tp flippers/traders and you is the value they sell items for.

All they do is list their items for more gold than you. Thats all.
Every time you sell something on the tp, you have the choice to list it for double, triple or ten times the value it actually has.

But you dont and rather go to the forums and complain about them making gold.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Too frequently it’s players doing instant sell of item drops rather than take the 10 seconds to list a price somewhere between current high bid and low ask. That difference adds up quickly over time. And Gods forbid they vendor it to NPCs.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Ghanto.9784

Ghanto.9784

All you people pointing out the easiest way to get gold is to whip out your credit card,please just stop. We all know that’s the easiest way, and after the first 1000 “The easiest way…” comments it’s no longer that funny or witty or whatever you think it is.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Step1: Take out Credit Card
Step 2: Open Gem Store
Step 3: Buy gems, using Credit Card
Step 4: Go to the Gem-To-Gold Transfer
Step 5: Buy as much gold with the gems you have (OH! And don’t worry about that last 8-5 gems that you can’t convert to gold – Thats called “Salami Slicing”, and you’ll end up spending it someday, right? Riiiiiiiiight….)

Now, Fun Facts!:
*Thats 1600 Gems per hour
*Thats around 180 gold
*If you have a RL job, and you work 8 hours a day, you can make up to (180×8) 1440 GOLD!!!

Or, you could just play the game for 8 hours and possibly end up with 8-10 gold, but who wants to do that? Just buy gems. It makes ANet happy. And welcome to the F2P model.

Most of that goes towards bills, payments, food, and memberships like gym memberships though.

How do I make gold now?

Substatic.6958

Every time you sell something on the tp, you have the choice to list it for double, triple or ten times the value it actually has.

Too frequently it’s players doing instant sell of item drops rather than take the 10 seconds to list a price somewhere between current high bid and low ask. That difference adds up quickly over time. And Gods forbid they vendor it to NPCs.

How does any of this explain the nerfs the original post mentioned?

Were the nerfs designed around people using the TP more efficiently after HoT hit?

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

8silver a piece isn’t enough for you? Yeah it was nice when Flax was 20silver but you still find 8 isn’t enough? Geez.

How do I make gold now?

Wanze.8410

Were the nerfs designed around people using the TP more efficiently after HoT hit?

What i wrote wasnt a response to the OP but to your post. I dont know why you are expecting to find an explaination in it for something unrelated.

How do I make gold now?

Substatic.6958

What i wrote wasnt a response to the OP but to your post. I dont know why you are expecting to find an explaination in it for something unrelated.

And my response was in response to nerfing of all those vanilla gold methods, and that guy thinking that playing the TP/Crafting better somehow explains all those nerfs.

“HoT is truly amazing! Nerfing every gold method except”

I get what you guys are saying about TP. But what is up with all the nerfs? It doesn’t explain them. Same goes for the ascended drop nerf.

(edited by Substatic.6958)

How do I make gold now?

Wanze.8410

And my response was in response to nerfing of all those vanilla gold methods.

Except all those methods that got nerfed werent vanilla they got introduced after launch.

And you dont need spreadsheets in order t olist your loot for a higher value.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The OP is all about how all the activities for quick gold are now gone. I’ve never done any of those things playing in the open world and use the TP in the way that it was assumed players would use it.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

How do I make gold now?

Substatic.6958

Except all those methods that got nerfed werent vanilla they got introduced after launch.

Sorry, wrong use of semantics. I usually refer to everything pre-expansion as vanilla for any game.

Not the point through right? All the nerfs listed as well as ascended drop mega nerfs kinda suck IMO.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: ezhcim.3075

ezhcim.3075

If you do one full run of world Meta events (Fire Ele+Shatterer+Teq+Golem+Centaur+Shadow Behemoth+Wurm+Jormag+Karka Queen+Mega Destroyer+Covington) You can make around 5 gold per day by selling the rare items you get in the bags. If you also salvage all of the green items and sell the materials you can make even more money, and even more money if you get some of the exotic items as loot.

How do I make gold now?

Wanze.8410

Sorry, wrong use of semantics. I usually refer to everything pre-expansion as vanilla for any game.

Not the point through right? All the nerfs listed as well as ascended drop mega nerfs kinda suck IMO.

Well its still possible to list your loot for a higher value, so that didnt get nerfed.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Lorath.2504

Lorath.2504

Now, Fun Facts!:

Good for you. Its a quarter of that where I live.

I hope people wise up to this eventually. In most cases youll play the f2p mmo for 2-3 months, get bored (once youre past your ‘first MMO love’ that tends to happen a lot) and realize youve spent as much as you would have on a year of subs in another game… or something actually useful irl. Waste of money.

(edited by Lorath.2504)

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: pants.1379

pants.1379

3 months ago i had 76 silver, played a lot of sw and the lab at the recent halloween festival (that even got me 5 free 20 slot bags lol), now i’m sitting on over 600g – more listed on the tp and all this just by playing and a bit of crafting here and there.

Not paid out a single penny of my own money to ‘get’ gold either, best thing is just play the game, gather as you run around maps.

I have one account and two characters, only one of those is a level 80 too. i have my own guild with 50 storage Oo, i dont get how your NOT making gold in game, it is everywhere lol.

…….or you can post on the forum, its completely up to you shrug

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

>>>3 months ago<<< i had 76 silver, played a lot of sw and the lab at the recent halloween festival (that even got me 5 free 20 slot bags lol), now i’m sitting on over 600g – more listed on the tp and all this just by playing and a bit of crafting here and there.

Not paid out a single penny of my own money to ‘get’ gold either, best thing is just play the game, gather as you run around maps.

I have one account and two characters, only one of those is a level 80 too. i have my own guild with 50 storage Oo, i dont get how your NOT making gold in game, it is everywhere lol.

Found the problem in your argument. Silverwaste’s gold output has been nerfed recently.

So your condescending post just makes you look ignorant.

In other news. Buying gems and converting them to gold is a reliable way of obtaining gold in this F2P game!

How do I make gold now?

pants.1379

>>>3 months ago<<< i had 76 silver, played a lot of sw and the lab at the recent halloween festival (that even got me 5 free 20 slot bags lol), now i’m sitting on over 600g – more listed on the tp and all this just by playing and a bit of crafting here and there.

Found the problem in your argument. Silverwaste’s gold output has been nerfed recently.

In other news. Buying gems and converting them to gold is a reliable way of obtaining gold in this F2P game!

Ouch, i’m not condescending fella, just trying to make a point – being that just by playing you can make coinage.

You picked on sw as your point, so i’m going to take it due to your less than kind post – that your ‘that’ player who run’s around tagging, just doing enough to earn yourself some cheap exp and rewards – there you go, now that’s being condescending.

Between making my first post in this thread and replying to your post, i’ve made 20 g’s. I was playing VB and found 2 fresh water pearls they go for 5g’s each

Just tried to run between claypool in queensdale and the tp at alter brook crossing, farmed mats on the way which if sold without crafting would net me close if not actually getting me 3 gold…….

15 minutes playing and 3 gold made without crafting….in a low level area….playing the game………

You young sir have a mute point on the issue. Sw isnt the only map in the game.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I went from ~150 to over 400 in about 2 weeks from just doing labyrinth a few times and selling HoT loot.

Flax was selling for 40s at launch and is everywhere in VB (and every other HoT map for that matter)

Hell, I made ~30g flipping one of the casual fractal chests after changing my mind without ever even having the intention to do so.

While I do dislike how much the game has turned into “Trade Wars 2”, it is no where near as “hard” to make money as people claim or think it is.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Your issue is your playing to gain gold not have fun which is why your finding the reduced rewards to be “ruining” things for you. I hate to sounds like a broken record but as other people have said, just play the game. Enjoy it. The money will roll in.

Here are some simple ways to make some coin and enjoy your self:

• Do you like pvp? Play it. You get 30s on a win and 15 on a loss.
  • Do you like events. Play some. You’ll get loot, karma and a bit coin. Loot can be salvaged or sold, karma can be converted to salvage.
  • Do you like dungeons or fractals? Run those you still get rewards they still do add up.
  • Do you like wandering aimlessly? If so do so and pick up nodes along the way.
  • Do you like standing around in lions arch all day? fine do it you can even make money at that even though I personally wont give anything to beggars but there are people who do all the time.
  • Do you like to play korean farmville mmorpg? then farm some god awful mob for its drops(EG sparks for charged cores and loadstones) and sell them.

No, they’ve nerfed the rewards from everything, including things like EOTM and WvW, which didn’t give much in the first place.

If they had just nerfed dungeons, I would understand.

As they gave the most per hour anyway and then, on top of that, people were obviously speedrunning them to maximise gold and excluding anyone who didn’t want to play that way.

But, they didn’t – they nerfed everything, including things that were not overgenerous, or cheesable, to begin with.

At this point, the best way, other than TP flipping, is probably flax farming; but who, in their right mind, wants to have to do that for long?

I’ve spent a lot on this game and there are things in the gemstore that I would currently buy, if I had at least some of the gold.

But I am not spending another (RL) penny on anything I don’t desperately want, unless I can make a decent amount back from just playing normally.

This will, almost certainly, mean Anet get less real money from me, from now on.

As I used to cave and spend a little on gems, to top up my gold to buy a skin or whatever, or make a gemstore purchase, now and then.

That being despite having already exceeded, in less than a year, what I consider to be a reasonable amount to spend on a game per 3 years, let alone per year.

But, not any more.

Not while I can’t even earn half of what I need/want ingame.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I’m not even sure why this is a question. But I guess I’ll answer: The easiest way to make gold is to find something that is valuable, then go and get it, then sell it.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: phreeak.1023

phreeak.1023

i just made ~ 300G gold the last 3 days from SW farming.. Made CF runs and random events and after 3 days i had around 1100 bags. (bags from the chest and the exotic ones from the events and champs)

i made only 100g alone from the sand (which ppl need for the guild hall) and it drops really well in the SW by doing chest runs.

How do I make gold now?

pants.1379

Moral of the story, if your willing to put effort into it, then you’ll make gold.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Eidolonemesis.5640

Eidolonemesis.5640

Anet removed (and still continues to remove) easy ways to make gold without having to purchase Gems from the Gem Store because Anet is a business and they want your money to be spent on Gems to be converted into Gold. Generally speaking, Anet does not want players getting rich for free by using the farm methods mentioned in your OP.

There is the answer to your question.

(edited by Eidolonemesis.5640)

How do I make gold now?

Tigaseye.2047

Moral of the story, if your willing to put effort into it, then you’ll make gold.

That may be the moral you take from all this.

But, the moral Anet should, almost certainly, take from this is; Don’t kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

In my case, I’ve tried other things, but the only thing I really enjoy for any amount of time (other than exploring new maps for the first time), in this game, is EOTM/WvW.

If I can’t make decent gold from them, I will end up just drifting away…

This is what most will people tend to do, especially if they’ve tried saying they’re unhappy and no one seems to care.

If I’m not the only one who feels like this, which I doubt I am (the OP seems to feel similarly, for a start), this will affect Anet’s bottom line.

…and no amount of people calling other players “kids” is going to change that.

In fact, that will just give people even more reason to just shrug and leave.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Um… no. When gold becomes rarer, it becomes more valuable. If you can’t make as much gold, then the gold you do make will be just as valuable as previously.

That applies for the gold to gem conversion, too. After a bunch of whales buy gems and trade it in to get rich, the price of gems goes down.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

i made only 100g alone from the sand (which ppl need for the guild hall) and it drops really well in the SW by doing chest runs.

Someone gets it.

How do I make gold now?

Tigaseye.2047

Someone gets it.

No, they don’t.

The issue is not whether there are ways to make gold, or not.

There are always ways to make gold, if you don’t care how you do it.

The issue is that people used to be able to make gold the way they wanted to, by playing the parts of the game they enjoyed most.

Some of the ways were better than others and that wasn’t ideal, but there were at least many ways.

Whereas, now, many (most?) parts of the game, including parts that were not overly-lucrative before, have had their rewards nerfed.

Meaning many people now have to go out of their way and do bits of the game they don’t enjoy, just to make gold.

That changes the fundamental nature of the game.

How do I make gold now?

Substatic.6958

How many more years of SW farming? I would like if dungeon, fractal, etc. gave good gold. Basically play how you want, like before HoT.

How do I make gold now?

Wanze.8410

Someone gets it.

No, they don’t.

The issue is not whether there are ways to make gold, or not.

There are always ways to make gold, if you don’t care how you do it.

The issue is that people used to be able to make gold the way they wanted to, by playing the parts of the game they enjoyed most.

Some of the ways were better than others and that wasn’t ideal, but there were at least many ways.

Whereas, now, many (most?) parts of the game, including parts that were not overly-lucrative before, have had their rewards nerfed.

Meaning many people now have to go out of their way and do bits of the game they don’t enjoy, just to make gold.

That changes the fundamental nature of the game.

They just liked that content before because it didnt involve much skill and had high rewards.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

Good question, considering they nerfed nearly every single way to generate gold in the game even silverwastes chest farm I find it highly likely they want you to spend real money on gold. Lets be honest, I assume most players in GW2 are smarter than your mobile game players. We will NOT spend money on buying GOLD of all things.

Give us a good game and good content and you won’t need to worry about people paying gems for stuff. I was considering buying a Watchwork pickaxe and maybe the other gathering items but considering how much I need gold that is going on the backburner.

Rewards for nearly every piece of content, especially new content, needs to be way higher. As much as I love Dragon Stand I have not earned rewards anywhere close to what I’d want out of spending 2 hours of my time in a well organized map that sometimes fails. You should be getting LOADS of loot for doing a big meta event like that since it lasts so long.

Not to mention Fractals where keys often cost more than the loot you get out of the boxes. And if you wanted the legendary backpack you would need to spend gold you don’t generate on an RNG salvage that cannot be salvaging rings which you get from fractals. You have to actually salvage your ascended armor or weapons, and most of us don’t have spares just lying around. Even if we did have spares, it is more likely than not that they would be better used as different stats for your character you can switch in on rather than salvaging.

You could probably fix the ascended salvaging problem by decreasing the cost to 25 silver per use and making rings sometimes drop balls of dark matter. You would still be gated by salvaging but it would be affordable and a way to get rid of your trash rings you get from fractals. (Not that you get a lot anymore, they should fix that too).

How do I make gold now?

Substatic.6958

Yeah I thohght HoT content would give tons of FUN and numerous gold options since its B2P ($50) and not a korean f2p grind, to compensate for all the vanilla content nerfs.

Perphaps raids? (lol who am I kidding).

How do I make gold now?

Wanze.8410

Good question, considering they nerfed nearly every single way to generate gold in the game even silverwastes chest farm I find it highly likely they want you to spend real money on gold. Lets be honest, I assume most players in GW2 are smarter than your mobile game players. We will NOT spend money on buying GOLD of all things.

Give us a good game and good content and you won’t need to worry about people paying gems for stuff. I was considering buying a Watchwork pickaxe and maybe the other gathering items but considering how much I need gold that is going on the backburner.

Rewards for nearly every piece of content, especially new content, needs to be way higher. As much as I love Dragon Stand I have not earned rewards anywhere close to what I’d want out of spending 2 hours of my time in a well organized map that sometimes fails. You should be getting LOADS of loot for doing a big meta event like that since it lasts so long.

Not to mention Fractals where keys often cost more than the loot you get out of the boxes. And if you wanted the legendary backpack you would need to spend gold you don’t generate on an RNG salvage that cannot be salvaging rings which you get from fractals. You have to actually salvage your ascended armor or weapons, and most of us don’t have spares just lying around. Even if we did have spares, it is more likely than not that they would be better used as different stats for your character you can switch in on rather than salvaging.

You could probably fix the ascended salvaging problem by decreasing the cost to 25 silver per use and making rings sometimes drop balls of dark matter. You would still be gated by salvaging but it would be affordable and a way to get rid of your trash rings you get from fractals. (Not that you get a lot anymore, they should fix that too).

You can exchange stabilizing matrixes for 2 keys, once you got the first fractal mastery, no need to pay 20s for one.

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

You can exchange stabilizing matrixes for 2 keys, once you got the first fractal mastery, no need to pay 20s for one.

Yeah I did that, with matricies at about 30 ish silver right now I got an average of….
10 silver per box (shocker) meaning 20 silver for 2 keys. I salvaged 1 ascended ring today for 5 matrixes. 10 keys, average of 10 silver and some mats that add up to less than 5 silver on average. I say average because one of the boxes I opened had an item worth 15 silver.

So math:
1 gold -> 10 keys -> 10 silver per key. 1 gold. I earned zero money.

5 matrixes at 30 silver. 150 silver. I would have actually earned more money selling the matrixes than I would have opening the boxes. But I opened the boxes.

Either way it is either a 50 silver at most (before TP taxes and listing fee) for profit compared to no profit. Matrixes are likely to not always be 30 silver either, that seems a bit generous considering 1 gold got me 5 today.

There is some serious problems with the rewards across the board in this game post HoT. And again, balls of dark matter are stupid and shut out any chance for a player who is average to get the legendary backpiece even over time.

Edit: yes this is a small sample size but multiple people have already confirmed with much larger sample sizes that opening the boxes is something that is not worth it. I just did it because I knew I’d break even.

(edited by Senario.2038)

How do I make gold now?

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

I’d like to ask the same question as the OP.

Pre-Hot I used to run dungeons to earn gold from the completion reward and mats from the loot. I also used to run Silverwastes event chain to get mats, since you could gain a nice amount of silk from it. I enjoyed those activities and I never stockpiled large amounts of gold, because there was always something interesting to spend the gold on.

Now I am at a bit of a loss here. Dungeons are out of question and people suggest to run SW for gold. What do they mean, run event chains or just chestfarm? Because I hate chestfarm so much that I rather be poor or I’d rather work one more hour and buy the gold since I enjoy my work much more than running in circles and opening chests. And even then, you don’t earn raw gold, you earn loot. What do I have to do with the loot? Sell all greens and blues to a vendor and yellows and t6s and t5s to the TP? Recycle everything and sell the mats on the TP? I tried the latter and I ended up with little more than 3 gold, which is disheartening considering how long the event is.

Or should I farm the new maps? Same, I don’t get gold I get loot, what’s the best way to convert this loot into gold?

How do I make gold now?

Wanze.8410

Yeah I did that, with matricies at about 30 ish silver right now I got an average of….
10 silver per box (shocker) meaning 20 silver for 2 keys. I salvaged 1 ascended ring today for 5 matrixes. 10 keys, average of 10 silver and some mats that add up to less than 5 silver on average. I say average because one of the boxes I opened had an item worth 15 silver.

So math:
1 gold -> 10 keys -> 10 silver per key. 1 gold. I earned zero money.

5 matrixes at 30 silver. 150 silver. I would have actually earned more money selling the matrixes than I would have opening the boxes. But I opened the boxes.

Either way it is either a 50 silver at most (before TP taxes and listing fee) for profit compared to no profit. Matrixes are likely to not always be 30 silver either, that seems a bit generous considering 1 gold got me 5 today.

There is some serious problems with the rewards across the board in this game post HoT. And again, balls of dark matter are stupid and shut out any chance for a player who is average to get the legendary backpiece even over time.

Edit: yes this is a small sample size but multiple people have already confirmed with much larger sample sizes that opening the boxes is something that is not worth it. I just did it because I knew I’d break even.

Last week i opened 2000 encryptions and the vendor value i got out of those boxes was close to 20s, not 10s.
Small sample sizes usually yield less vendor value on average as the possibility of getting items worth 1 or 5g isnt as big.
The more you open, the more likely you are to get to the average vendor value.

During early days of HoT, John Smith replied to claims that the average output of keys seemed to be 12.6s.
He acknowledged that is lower than designed and he will look into it, so i guess thats covered.
I am pretty sure the low averages are due to reports from small sample sizes and the output on a macroeconomic scale across the player base is actually higher.

Couple of replies:
1. Ensign is, as usual, pretty dead on.
2. 12.6 Silver from key output is off from my understanding of that design, so I’m going to look into that.
3. A market like this isn’t going to crash, it could grow unhealthier over time, but that’s why we iterate.