How do you feel about GW2 right now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Eh, it’s a good game without much staying power. It’s why we are seeing so many empty zones these days. It’s fun, but it’s still riding the wave of success from the first game.

It has it’s ups and downs.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I love Guild Wars 2, I think it’s a great game that me and my friends can play together. However, I do understand some of the criticisms, all games aren’t without flaws though. These sense of progression is vastly different here, it focuses much less on jut capping a character to get to “the good stuff” and focuses more on the journey and customization. personally, I think it’s a welcome change because it puts everyone on an even playing field and nobody has this insane advantage because they have this rare weapon. It’s more skill based.

I would definitely like to see some fixes in the future, but right now the game is well worth the money. A lot of people miss the familiarity because it isn’t the same, and it’s just nice to have an mom that tries new things. Probably in the future they will fix a lot of these common issues and it will just improve similar to how Rift’s progression during patches went.

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I have always liked the core game but around this time last year starting with Flame and Frost things have been on a downhill slide.

I don’t care for LS/LW, for various reasons that I don’t want to get into and derail the topic. I keep waiting for more quality of life updates, like the account wallet and better skill/trait facts. I think there were grand plans for this game but they have been sidelined and a different approach was taken. I keep hoping that things will turn around but my optimism wanes.

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

i still like the game but getting bored of some really bad balancing issues and people using cheese builds/abusing the meta in wvw. PU mesmer, condi regen warriors, perma stealth thieves, confusion spamming engineers, etc.. when encountering people who use these builds in wvw, it’s easier to just log out, because you’re fighting a losing fight.

CD

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

The thing is, this game has very little to do post-80 for the people that like to be entertained. Yes, I’m aware of fractals, dungeons, wvw, pvp, kittenty ls – but that’s not something that is going to keep you for 1.5 years. Sorry to say that as I had high hopes with regards to GW2 at the beginning…

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

DrDivine.5378

I have always liked the core game but around this time last year starting with Flame and Frost things have been on a downhill slide.

I don’t care for LS/LW, for various reasons that I don’t want to get into and derail the topic. I keep waiting for more quality of life updates, like the account wallet and better skill/trait facts. I think there were grand plans for this game but they have been sidelined and a different approach was taken. I keep hoping that things will turn around but my optimism wanes.

Like I said, Rift had similar problems and it took a long time before it started to turn things around. Guild Wars 2 has a great foundation, it just has some issues to address.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Living story was a colossal mistake vs doing a traditional expansion.

It doesn’t appear that they will rectify this error and the GW2 universe will suffer in perpetuity.

SBI

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Biggest “Wasted Potential” in the MMO industry of latest years.
Base game already had some glaring flaws, but the year after launch would have been the most important factor.
Crunching content, game modes, Guild Halls, GvG, revising design errors and so on would have made up the faults and allowed the game to evolve further.
Instead we got ascended fiasco, LivingTemporaryGrindySwallowContentStory, Time Gating and more focus on Cash Shop than anything else in the game.

Still lurking forums, on the fence if something (they said Feb/March 2014 for big feature updates no?) shows up, but i doubt they’ll be able to compensate for the time lost – admitting they’ll ever get over the mistakes they’ve done and fix them.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I found this earlier today, it sums up how I feel.

Attachments:

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

GW2 has shown the most promise of any MMO I’ve ever seen … and as much as I’ve looked forward to ESO I think that GW2 still has significantly more potential … but after 18 months of totally WASTING that potential I no longer have any faith that ANet will actually fulfill it and I’m literally just counting the days until April 4. In that respect, GW2 is also the most disappointing MMO I’ve ever played.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Like I said, Rift had similar problems and it took a long time before it started to turn things around. Guild Wars 2 has a great foundation, it just has some issues to address.

Never played Rift so i can’t comment on it. To me the problems this game has stems from the priories that they have given with LW. Rather than fixing broken things in the game they add more fluff to it and a lot of these updates cause more bugs, QA seems to be a very low priority but pushing unpolished content every two weeks seems to be very high priority. To me that’s backwards from how it should be I would rather have expansions personally. I’ve tried the LW for a year don’t really care for it. I can’t see the game improving until they change that. I’m not saying all LW is bad but the majority of it is, if they announced that they were going to slow LW updates down considerably and work on an expansion that would really get my hopes up again for this game.

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

“How do you feel about GW2 right now?”

I’m loving it. Absolutely loving it. I have yet to run out of things to do. And since I’m an altoholic, I don’t see how I’ll run out of things to do for quite some time.

I don’t find the game grindy at all, especially since I refuse to think of any game as a job. I play the way I want to play and don’t focus on “I must have this” or “I don’t have that… I’m behind.” I play for the fun of it, and I find the game very fun.

Posted by: Marvo Pandaros XXV.7239

Marvo Pandaros XXV.7239

The game has potential no one is doubting that, but this whole LS is doing nothing for me. I have a few problems with the game

WvW started off good. I remember being in a party of 5 fighting little groups of enemies (5 – 10 players) and it was all about skill and a group being in one mind. Then it turned into useless zergs. Guilds then focused on getting as much players as possible to have bigger zergs. So now most guilds I have been in are useless because no one helps each other and they try to force u to be in their WvW zergs (im in blackgate btw).

SPvP: it is all about seeing which class is broken and everybody rolling those classes. Plus they needs more modes.

General things I hate bout PvP: why is there no way to easily duel with another player without setting up a private match. Where is GvG? Why cant we have factions regardless of what server you are on? WvW forces everybody on a server to be on one team. What if I like my server but dont like a guild on it? why cant i wage war against that group.

The PvE world is so kitten empty of players. Grinding for ascended gear is so tedious and one of the reasons they added was because players were not engaging with PvE world anymore besides to farm mats/mine ore (also partially why they added LS).

The whole point of removing the trinity system was to allow players the freedom to choose how they want to make their player, but everyone wants to role a kitten DPS most of the time; which is why we got another kitten healing skill for each class. By making everything so causal friendly they have removed any form of real skill teamwork except “attack now” “pull back” “attack this one first” and then everybody just spams their skills. That is not to say there is no teamwork but to find those people who take the time to use their skills in unison is tough sometimes (most of the time u get horrible pugs). Nobody is looking at teammates health/who is agroing/who is using support skills. Everybody is just DPSing and it is one of the reasons I gave up being a banner warrior because nobody was willing to give up a personal buff/a enemy pull/etc skill to put in a support skill. Nobody cares about their fellow players unless they know them personally (in-game or out)(there are other exceptions but u get the point).

Thats how I feel about the game right now. I know people will not agree with me but that is my problem with the game. I got into MMOs with GW1 and started playing other MMOs (EvE, warhammer, aion, and more). Maybe I have was hoping GW2 would be a better GW1 but it ended being a totally different game with the same lore.

(edited by Marvo Pandaros XXV.7239)

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

Too much wasted potential.

• Awesome world events with no players (Modniir chain, all gods shrine chain – extremely hard to find players to fight on Henge of Denravi, Diessa’s mini-dungeon, and others)
  • Great dungeons with wasted potential. Players run to the bosses (meaningless trash). Very bad rewards.
  • WvW is great. Now we want more. More maps, more objectives than simply running supplies and capturing sites.

This is basically it. It makes me sad to see such great things on this game empty of players. They are always doing the same events and hanging out always on the same zones.

Cactus.2710

WvW started off good. I remember being in a party of 5 fighting little groups of enemies (5 – 10 players) and it was all about skill and a group being in one mind. Then it turned into useless zergs. Guilds then focused on getting as much players as possible to have bigger zergs. So now most guilds I have been in are useless because no one helps each other and they try to force u to be in their WvW zergs (im in blackgate btw).

Agree. I started out on Devona’s Rest, and even when we had very low populations we had a good mixture of scouts, small teams, and larger groups trying to play strategically for weekly points. After a while some larger guilds transferred in and we learned a lot of new tactics that made WvW really fun in spite of the lag and culling.

After ANet diluted game play with all the siege mastery stuff and corrupted objectives with zerg-centric rewards, players all migrated toward a few high pop servers and DR pretty much became a wasteland. Eventually I caved in and joined the rest of my guild on SBI, only to find out that WvW now (and not just for my server) has turned into an almost total emphasis on hit-and-run tactics to flip objectives. Nobody defends except in the form of zerg retaliation, and nobody gives a kitten about which objectives offer more strategic advantage over others. It reminds me of Conquest in Rift (which is what finally drove me away from that game) where position and strategy mean nothing, and simple mindless quantity counts for everything.

It’s really difficult to believe that any game publisher could so totally misunderstand and screw up something with so much potential. WvW today is just a shell of what it was a year ago.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

“How do you feel about GW2 right now?”

I enjoy the game. I have one of each profession and I leveled them at the same time, so I haven’t gotten bored yet. BUT, I am not a “gamer” just a casual PvE player. Last year I played more often, but once they started with this living story and achievement stuff, i stopped playing as often. I only log in once or twice a week, while I work on map completion.
I may play more often depending on future releases, but right now I’m happy just logging in when I feel like it.

Posted by: Marvo Pandaros XXV.7239

Marvo Pandaros XXV.7239

Agree. I started out on Devona’s Rest, and even when we had very low populations we had a good mixture of scouts, small teams, and larger groups trying to play strategically for weekly points. After a while some larger guilds transferred in and we learned a lot of new tactics that made WvW really fun in spite of the lag and culling.

After ANet diluted game play with all the siege mastery stuff and corrupted objectives with zerg-centric rewards, players all migrated toward a few high pop servers and DR pretty much became a wasteland. Eventually I caved in and joined the rest of my guild on SBI, only to find out that WvW now (and not just for my server) has turned into an almost total emphasis on hit-and-run tactics to flip objectives. Nobody defends except in the form of zerg retaliation, and nobody gives a kitten about which objectives offer more strategic advantage over others. It reminds me of Conquest in Rift (which is what finally drove me away from that game) where position and strategy mean nothing, and simple mindless quantity counts for everything.

It’s really difficult to believe that any game publisher could so totally misunderstand and screw up something with so much potential. WvW today is just a shell of what it was a year ago.

I agree with you as well. I ended moving to blackgate with my uselessly massive guild just because the zerg amount wasn’t big enough in our old server smh. When did it become about just being the biggest? It was suppose to be about the being the best skill and tactic wise. I

When I started EvE online it was my 4 friends, my 2 brothers, and I. We made a guild and built it up. We ended up being a part of one of the best alliances in the game because we were good tactically and we worked well together (even though most of us only had less than 2 million skills points and other alliance members had 15+ million). People respected us for that. There is no respect in GW2

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

There is no respect in GW2

No, no, no, I’ll respect you. Not immediately after you kill me, but maybe after about ten seconds of muttering about how I couldn’t beat you.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Login:Do AC1/3:finish Daily:logout.
Repeat. If I miss a day or week then meh.
I feel that GW2 is stagnant right now and unless a massive update or expansion comes out it will remain that way.
I feel that GW2 lacks synergy, engaging story, and interesting mechanics.
I feel GW2 has massive potential, amazing graphics and a great base.
I feel that GW2 needs big time performance updates and QoL.
I feel that GW2 is the most single player MMO I have played.
I feel a lot more but this should suffice for now.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

I enjoy the content updates, loved climbing up the nightmare tower with the zerg, I enjoyed the puzzles in the new story instance. I especially enjoy the new attention to non voiced dialogue, not to mention the fact that Kessex changed for good. With that said, I wish the updates lasted me more than a few days and that the story for each patch would have a clear beginning, middle, and end.

Posted by: Scandi.5693

Scandi.5693

I play alot but in general I don’t have a high opinion of the game. It is a good filler while I wait for other games. I enjoy WvW but it is a matter of numbers and not skills and waking up to all the night capping has taken away almost all interest in the activity. Farming for items is boring and tedious with laughably low drop rates on everything, waste of time. Dungeons I find fun but after awhile whats the point…for skins that are hideous at best? The classes are ‘meh’ at best. Only a few are well thought out. The one saving grace for me is the guild I am in is very social so I have a sense of community.

Mistress Savant of the Asuran Dominion.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I think Guild Wars 2 is a great MMO.
Combat is engaging, the lore is interesting, WvW is usually fun, as is PvE, I’ve met a lot of great people here.

Recently, I’ve discovered that most of my frustrations stem from decisions I made that turned out to be poor ones.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

See that mountain there? You can climb it.
Beyond the lies, the Dan Brown tier writing, and the somehow lower APM from their previous installment, wasted potential is the best way I can describe the game.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

GW2 has so much potential, but it’s being wasted on the Living Story.
They should’ve focused on the points the original poster made.

It’s really about the rewards. GW2 doesn’t give that satisfaction when earning something. Sure, there are rewards, but the way of obtaining gear sets, feels like a huge timesink. The ratio between time and reward, needs to be adjusted.

(edited by nexxe.7081)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I don’t know if everyone feels the same way I do about gw2 right now. For me, gw2 has become a ball of mess to the point that its become a little ridiculous:

EASY ways to make money: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHdeAaYz8gM

EASY dungeons: dungeons generally have become heavy zerkers only environment where everyones using the stacking “exploits”.

EASY pvp: AI minion builds (spirit ranger, minion mancer, pu mesmer) have become the new meta and the arenas littered with AI builds. There are also a few other OP builds that doesnt require AIs…

EASY wvw: Doesn’t matter how good your server is, more players + more coverage = win. Also, bring heavies only.

As for the open world pve, I get the idea of end-game ascended gear forcing players to go back to lower level zones for dragonite ores, but its turned into a waiting game: checking http://us.gw2stuff.com/ for world boss timers. The process of getting end-game gear is no longer fun, its become a time-gated waiting game; waiting for daily laurels, waiting for daily mats.

I understand that the devs are trying to fix some of these things right now (such as bringing down the zerker meta https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/PvE-Revising-the-DPS-Meta), but there have been some bad ideas that somehow managed to make its way into the game. Though, the game is still young and theres still time to fix a lot of loopholes and balance issues.

HOWEVER, if I could describe this game with one word at the moment, it would be frustrating.

This is how horizontal progression driven and content lock free game works… It’s just a big gold farm.

That may be your experience of GW2. However, GW2 is not a horizontal progression game. Don’t interpret the failure of this game to provide meaningful horizontal progression to mean that horizontal progression is in itself bad.

Posted by: Spockime.1364

Spockime.1364

Great game that isn’t casual friendly at all. Anet seems greedy.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I feel like our relationship is one sided.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Sir Isaac The Great.5341

Sir Isaac The Great.5341

Well at the moment GW2 feels a bit stale and honestly the only reason I am playing it atm is for friends.

Been doing the same dungeons since start….hardly anything added in that is new or fun. Everything I do like only lasts a short bit. They seem to have went in a direction I don’t care for…gear grind, horrible living story, nerf this nerf that…etc etc

If anything else was out that was decent i would be gone in a heartbeat. I loved gw1 and played for so long. Guild Wars 2 I have already taken countless breaks from it. Thankfully no monthly fee as this game would most likely be dead.

Posted by: Kevan.8912

Kevan.8912

Been doing the same dungeons since start….hardly anything added in that is new or fun. Everything I do like only lasts a short bit. They seem to have went in a direction I don’t care for…gear grind, horrible living story, nerf this nerf that…etc etc

the strange thing about gw2, IMHO, is that, although many people complain about what anet didn’t do (lack of new content, boredom, stalemate…and of course i agree with it), a lot of others do complain about what anet did.
i’d like more a static gw2 with just marginal changes, than a “dynamic” gw2 as anet seems to intend it (grindy new high stats tiers).
so strange

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

The reliance on the trading post for everything and the emergence of insatiable grind have me feeling pretty poorly about gw2 atm.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Cactus.2710

the strange thing about gw2, IMHO, is that, although many people complain about what anet didn’t do (lack of new content, boredom, stalemate…and of course i agree with it), a lot of others do complain about what anet did.
i’d like more a static gw2 with just marginal changes, than a “dynamic” gw2 as anet seems to intend it (grindy new high stats tiers).
so strange

There’s nothing strange about that at all … just sad. ANet has steadfastly ignored the great majority of inputs (complaints/suggestions/requests) from players and instead implemented a lot of ill-chosen things that nobody asked for or wanted … all the while avoiding meaningful discussion like the plague. That’s how you create dissatisfaction from both ends, and ANet has practically turned that into an art form.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Tobias Trueflight.8350

That’s how you create dissatisfaction from both ends, and ANet has practically turned that into an art form.

They’re nowhere near where I am right now with Blizzard or how I was with Verant/SOE back in the day.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

1 Word. Disappointed.

+1

Same

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Great game. Mediocre MMO.

Funny I’d have reversed that.

Mediocre game, great MMO for me.

I’ve played games I like better, but no MMO has come close. lol Actually pretty good, rather than mediocre.

I just don’t see a lot of long term progression mechanics to keep players in game.

The LS for me has always been a stop gap measure till they had those mechanics in place. During the year that the LS has been active, I just haven’t seen the progression mechanics being implemented besides the achieve point awards.

For me, it’s a better game than an MMO simply because I really enjoyed the core game and exploring every zone and I had a lot of fun doing it. Now that I have done those things I just don’t have as much reason to play.

I don’t need ascended, WvW to me is just a huge mess of zergs, spvp isn’t fun due to a lack of game modes, the Legendary process relies more on rng than anything that I actually have some kind of involvement in, there is no reason for me to craft except to gear myself, the LS lacks meaningful story, gameplay or lore for me. I look at the game and see no progression, either horizontal or vertical. Even the guild missions don’t have progression… you don’t work your way up to a mega encounter with a great boss, you just pull some names out of a hat and go kill stuff or run around.

To me, that’s what an MMO needs. A way to set myself apart from anyone else. I don’t see another challenge to set myself against and overcome. Just log in, join a zerg train and grab some mats. That doesn’t make me feel accomplished, it’s just busy work like farming for mats in any other game…but for absolutely no reason.

The only reason I still play isn’t because of the game, it’s because of the people I’ve met. And I’ve quit games for less. It has a lot of potential, but for now, that’s all it is.

Potential.

While I don’t mind so much that I am not required to craft I do agree on there are not really being goals to work towards. Well not without a grind.

Does then not matter if your goal is a boss or a mini-collection. It’s not in the game or it’s a grind. Would be a major improvement if they could do that.

They don’t have that working towards bosses because they consider it horizontal progress and in a way it might be but it does not have to be that way. You could also work your way up to some boss with your guild or by doing dungeons unlocking content without having to work for stronger armor (what I consider more of vertical progress).

Not having the PvE goals like mini’s (but also crafting) is because they focus heavily on the gem-store. If they would make it possible to play your way towards that sort of goals there would be less reason to buy them or buy gold to get the. So such goals are now mainly a gold-grind.

nexxe.7081

From my viewpoint, they spent too much focus on SPvP and Living Story. WvW got some love though, but the rest of the PvE leveling process felt neglected, especially the dungeons. Sure, there were tweaks and adjustments for dungeons, but the overall design of them, is what should’ve been focused on. The AI is out of balance, especially when they put players in a downstate with 1 shot. That’s just bad design. It makes the new player feel as if he/she did something wrong. There’s just so much to talk about GW2 and it’s problems, that it’s hard to know where to start. lol.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

So you want linear progression. If that works for you, that’s great.

I don’t particularly want linear progression. If I’m good enough to do a higher level dungeon without doing a lower level one, I should be able to.

Which leads to the problem of having lvl 80 players that have no clue what they are doing in harder dungeons. I’ve seen lvl 80 players who didn’t have a clue what they doing in AC b4 it was patched smh. At least being lvl 80 should mean that you have a certain lvl of expertise; not that you just ran through game cause its causal friendly and show no true skills that you have progressively developed as a player. [/quote]

Bad players will be carried through easier dungeons and they will remain bad players. I’ve played with people who have their dungeon master title and are still bad players. And I’m not judging them. I’m sure they have reason to not be that good at the game. Bad internet connection maybe, on prescription meds, dyslexic, having kids running around in the background who they have to deal with….

Having linear progression doesn’t insure good players. I’ve played with bad players in every game that has linear progression. Those who are interested in playing better will get better. Those who aren’t, aren’t going to get better.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Quotes got messed up so I don’t know who I’m replying to-

Which leads to the problem of having lvl 80 players that have no clue what they are doing in harder dungeons. I’ve seen lvl 80 players who didn’t have a clue what they doing in AC b4 it was patched smh.

Sorry, sorry . . . that was me.

. . . I don’t do dungeons, so I’m usually level 80 with no clue what’s going on in the paths.

At least being lvl 80 should mean that you have a certain lvl of expertise; not that you just ran through game cause its causal friendly and show no true skills that you have progressively developed as a player.

No, level 80 will always mean . . . they’re level 80. They could have let their friend level them through because they got bored with the leveling procedure, or Black Marketed someone to powerlevel them . . . or the account itself.

The only accurate yardstick you can use for someone’s skill is actually watching them in action. You can try to link it to achievements/gamerscore, time played, what gear they have, or their guild tag . . . the only way you know they’re going to be “any good” is to play with them.

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

How do I feel about GW2?

Incredibly, intensely frustrated with the development team. This is a beautiful game, with a very solid foundation, and instead of really developing it further, they keep building crummy little sandcastles and then kicking them over on a 2 week schedule. Only they don’t have any sand for those sandcastles, so instead they keep digging up blocks of that foundation labeled “manifesto promises” to mill into grit.

All my friends quit ages ago, and I’m only still here because I rolled a giant heap of alts back when I was still enthusiastic about the game, and I can’t stand to walk away from my account without hitting the level cap on all 16 of them. Only 205 levels out of 1,280 to go. I’ll probably be finished with the whole batch long before they flush the last load of Scarlett’s story down the ol’ content tubes.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

(edited by Melchior.2135)

Devata.6589

Bad players will be carried through easier dungeons and they will remain bad players. I’ve played with people who have their dungeon master title and are still bad players. And I’m not judging them. I’m sure they have reason to not be that good at the game. Bad internet connection maybe, on prescription meds, dyslexic, having kids running around in the background who they have to deal with….

Having linear progression doesn’t insure good players. I’ve played with bad players in every game that has linear progression. Those who are interested in playing better will get better. Those who aren’t, aren’t going to get better.

Dyslexic makes you a bad gamer?

(edited by Devata.6589)

Posted by: Barsimoprimo.2759

Barsimoprimo.2759

I feel like the major issue with the game is time gating.

Posted by: Zalzan Kavol.9048

Zalzan Kavol.9048

Generally I love the game. But, having switched from LOTRO to GW2 at launch, I recently went back and played some LOTRO (for the first time since switching) and was struck by a few things. GW2 absolutely blows LOTRO away in graphics, in every aspect of combat, the hearts are much better than the old-style quests, and doesn’t require nearly the same level of grinding for necessary gear. However, the big things I miss are the social aspects of the game. LOTRO has music you can play, community events, probably 20 times more emotes, mounts, capes, and the best Lore in the business. If I can find a game with as good of combat and graphics as GW2, and the depth and social functions of LOTRO, I would gladly pay a subscription fee for that. Now I am waiting to see TESO in April.

Posted by: Petez.2975

Petez.2975

We need a Raid Interface badly, to organise teams/groups of 5 or 6 or more, and also various icons for target marking. This is for Guild Events and WvW.
And also instanced raiding.
It’d be nice to have message notifications of friends or guildies logging on or off too.

DrDivine.5378

I always find it strange when people say “no end game content” because i nthe least, it’s the same as other mmos. When I played Warcraft (a game I still respect), what were my end game goals? Doing raids and dungeons of course, but for what? Rare armor and rare weapons.

It baffles me sometimes when other games do the same thing but aren’t criticized for it as much. I still feel like this is a great game well worth my money and more. As far as raids go, I feel like World Versus World is a spiritual successor to that and it’s really fun.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Generally I love the game. But, having switched from LOTRO to GW2 at launch, I recently went back and played some LOTRO (for the first time since switching) and was struck by a few things. GW2 absolutely blows LOTRO away in graphics, in every aspect of combat, the hearts are much better than the old-style quests, and doesn’t require nearly the same level of grinding for necessary gear. However, the big things I miss are the social aspects of the game. LOTRO has music you can play, community events, probably 20 times more emotes, mounts, capes, and the best Lore in the business. If I can find a game with as good of combat and graphics as GW2, and the depth and social functions of LOTRO, I would gladly pay a subscription fee for that. Now I am waiting to see TESO in April.

Every time I hear someone talk about LOTRO I can’t help but think of poor Lulzy the Bard

Apologies.

nexxe.7081

GW2 has devolved from Dynamic Events to an Achievement Checklist game. We need less living story checklist updates.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

GW2 is a beautiful game that came out with a lot of potential. Improvements on what made it good were needed to make it great, and I think the path to those improvements was clear.

ANet has boldly and determinedly marched in the exact OPPOSITE direction.

I played City of Heroes right up until the end. Oddly, that game was better at delivering on GW2’s “endgame” than GW2 is. Heck, I think it was better at delivering on several of GW2’s strong points.

And NCSoft killed it. Sent word one Friday morning that everyone was fired, studio was closed. Game was shut down for good 3 months later.

So, good luck ANet. Because unless you can turn things around, my word for GW2 would be “Doomed”.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Feels good though I am filthy casual who has no need to measure e-penor in a video game. Gw2 is lacking in that regard

The biggest problem to me atm is the game interface and performance issues in general. The most important thing about a game is being able to play it, all other matters are secondary.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

So you want linear progression. If that works for you, that’s great.

I don’t particularly want linear progression. If I’m good enough to do a higher level dungeon without doing a lower level one, I should be able to.

Which leads to the problem of having lvl 80 players that have no clue what they are doing in harder dungeons. I’ve seen lvl 80 players who didn’t have a clue what they doing in AC b4 it was patched smh. At least being lvl 80 should mean that you have a certain lvl of expertise; not that you just ran through game cause its causal friendly and show no true skills that you have progressively developed as a player.

Dyslexic makes you a bad gamer?[/quote]

It doesn’t make you a bad gamer, but it can cause issues. I’ve played with a dyslexic and sometimes he didn’tt see or read something right, including health or damage numbers. Doesn’t happen often (and obviously it’s not anyone’s fault and no one blames him), but it has led to the occasional issue. Might have had some other vision problem too…I honestly can’t remember…I was just citing random examples off the top of my head. Hell insomnia can cause slower reaction times too.

Devata.6589

I always find it strange when people say “no end game content” because i nthe least, it’s the same as other mmos. When I played Warcraft (a game I still respect), what were my end game goals? Doing raids and dungeons of course, but for what? Rare armor and rare weapons.

It baffles me sometimes when other games do the same thing but aren’t criticized for it as much. I still feel like this is a great game well worth my money and more. As far as raids go, I feel like World Versus World is a spiritual successor to that and it’s really fun.

Have a look at the CDI thread. There we are now talking about things like fun crafts or collecting mini’s and other items in fun ways (not by grinding gold). That are elements that WoW has more and is also a form of end-game. Especially a form of end-game casual players like and GW2 did say it also wanted to focus on casual players.

So I guess it’s the RP endgame that is missing.

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

(edited by Judge Banks.9018)